Golden Glade Coronation Night
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Pack Activity 
FINALLY gonna get this thread up for the Inner Circle members! @Nico can jump in if Avery has time, and he can give his oath for Baron, but officially this is for Alder and @Aspen to formally welcome @Shalon as the Duchess! :D

He was late - in his absense, Aspen had named Shalon the Duchess of the Court. They'd talked it over, agreed, and Alder wasn't in the least upset it'd been done, but he was late on her ceremony. With the puppy party, recruiting, and worrying over both his wife and Heartha, he'd damn near forgot about it: but tonight was the night. 

Ayla's ritual was fresh in his mind - even if this one was different than acceptance into the Inner Circle - and it burned to remember that she'd up and left without another word. She was an enemy of the Court, now, and no matter what she would not be welcomed back. Much as the ruler tried to forget about the pale woman, the memories of working towards trades together, border patrol - most of all, marring his face and losing half of his total eyesight to save her life - just wouldn't go away. Now, however, was not the time to sulk. Tonight would be a night to remember - his most loyal follower was being premoted to Duchess! Surprise was swift to correct him - this was all of their coronations! He and Aspen, technically, had not taken the oath they'd come up with. 

Sitting beside the pool within their tunnels, Alder tipped his head back and loosed a call for the Inner Circle members. He wasn't sure if Nico would come - the man had been oddly distant during his time here, and every day Alder expected him to be the next deserter. But even if he didn't see him, the soliders scent was in the Glade. Shalon and Aspen of course, would arrive to his call this sunset, as was their job.
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon shifted her gaze to the tunnels from the sunset the was shining brightly over the edge of the of the glade. It was Alder, his howl ringing over the quickly falling night, she rose from her spot at the highest point she could find in the glade. Heading toward the tunnels. 

She slowed her pace as she came to the tunnel entrance, walking inside she headed deeper still, she came upon the pool in the center of the communal tunnels. She bowed as Alder came into view, "My King." She bowed curious as to why he had called them.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen buried the easy kill in one of the caches before hearing Alders howl. Seems duty called. She smiled as she piled a few more sticks on the cache before turning tail and trotting over to the tunnels. 

Shalon had beat her to the den this time and Aspen felt slightly guilty. She hoped they hadn't been waiting on her too long. She padded into the den giving Shalon a warm nudge as she walked past and then licking Alder over the muzzle before turning to sit by him. "Evening Shalon, evening my king," she greeted the two wolves. Glancing between them both. "Hope I haven't kept you too long," she stated a brief look of concern on her face.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It was, surprisingly, Shalon's warm face and bow that welcomed him first - grinning from ear to tattered ear, the man in turn bowed back to the newly appointed Duchess. He greeted her with her new, honorable rank beside him and Aspen - she had been and would be a giant help when the pups got here, and otherwise. They had chosen very well. 

"My Duchess." 

His eye sparkled, and just then was when Aspen joined, already fretting that she was late. As she came closer, he greeted his wife with a friendly nuzzle and a lick to the cheek. His voice was bursting with pride as he spoke to them for the reason of this meeting. 

"Never, my Queen. It's time we all took or coronary oath, however - this is a monumentous night for all of us! We start with a mutal grooming - I didn't have any crowns made, but we can skip that this time - and then the oath, followed by a howl."

The King began with Shalon, nodding to the Duchess to groom Aspen, and with hopes that the Queen would finish the circle and groom his patchy fur, set to grooming the pale fur of his second in command. This, he would do until they were all satisfied before pulling away and stepping closer to the pool - turning his shining blue eye on the two women, he took the lead and gave his own oath.

"I, Alder Pryor, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court. I will always defend my family and my kin. I shall speak only the truth, and let honor and loyalty rule my heart. I will defend the innocent and punish those with evil intention. Over all, I swear to give my blood, devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade. As a leader of the Court, I swear to uphold the laws and ways of the pack with respect and pride. I will lead with fairness and always put my family before myself, and make decisions with my brain and council, not my heart.”

technically, this is open for anyone in the Court to join, but since the timeframe that was only, like, Heartha and Nico anyways... *shrug* Anyones welcome to jump in.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nudged Aspen in return, a smile on her maw. "Time waits for no one but you my Queen." She greeted softly, "You have arrived perfectly on time, as always." She nodded to the woman as she took a place beside her husband the King.

Shalon's ears perked as she listen to the king and his words, she nodde agreeing that it was time. They had all waited long enough for this to happen. The King and Queen especially. Shalon wasn't one to hold a large ceremony, and so as long as she had the trust and respect of her leaders she could do with any rank. Duchess was just the added bonus.

Shalon came closer toward Aspen, sitting near enought to grom the pale woman. With so much white fur it was a miracle that she wasn't grooming 24/7! She enjoyed the grooming, it had been a long time since some had groomed her and vice versa that she had groomed someone in return. When sufficiently groomed, Shalon took a step back. Hearing the kings words. She looked to Aspen, waiting for her to speak after her husband. It was only right that the Queen followed the King in their vows, both being on equal terms.

Once Aspen had finished Shalon would speak her own oath of loyalty to the Court:

"I, Shalon Sentiel, as the Duchess of the Royal Fire Court do swear to always defend my family and my kin. I shall speak only the truth, and let honor and loyalty rule my heart. I will always be loyal to my King and Queen. I will defend the innocent and punish those with evil intention. I swear to give my blood and devotion to the Royal Fire Court of the Golden Glade, from this day until my last day."

She bowed to the Royak pair before her as she finished, her promise sealed away in her heart.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled warmly as both wolves convinced her she had not been late to the ceremony. Finally they were all going to take their oaths. King and Queen included. This was a very important day and one to be very proud of. Today was the day everything was set in stone. Aspen would be Queen, Alder King, and Shalon as Duchess. 

Alder started by beginning to groom Shalon, then Shalon began to groom her and she continued the circle as she began to groom her mate and the love of her life. He took his oath followed by Shalon who had written her own slightly different rendition which was fine. Aspen decided to follow Alder and repeat his words. 

"I, Aspen Pryor, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court. I will always defend my family and my kin. I shall speak only the truth, and let honor and loyalty rule my heart. I will defend the innocent and punish those with evil intention. Over all, I swear to give my blood, devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade. As a leader of the Court, I swear to uphold the laws and ways of the pack with respect and pride. I will lead with fairness and always put my family before myself, and make decisions with my brain and council, not my heart." she stated warmly feelings of joy rolling through her core. She couldn't be any more proud in this moment of how far they had all come to have a pack as strong as they were today with leaders such as themselves.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
After his own booming oath, the two woman also gave their words - Shalon's was different, personalized, and though he almost corrected her, the King decided there was nothing wrong with it. 

Despite their pack having been official for a good couple of weeks and the three acting their roles, it was tonight they truly became the royalty of the Royal Fire Court. Without another word, the patched man tipped his head to the roof of the cave and loosed a howl, commanding and powerful to his wolves: all would know that the three were solid, official leaders now, oath bound and proud.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon smiled as the Queen spoke her words, it was offical and Shalon had never felt to happy in her whole life. It was truly an awe inspiring moment for the three of them. They were her leaders, the royal couple her King and Queen, and yet some how they were becoming much more like family to her. They were slowly replacing the family she was currently displaced from. And that was something Shalon could never have imagined happening.

She too rose her head to the sky and let out a howl, strong and proud, join the song of her King. Finally she was home, finally she had found her family.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen watched as Alder tipped his head to the sky and let loose a strong and powerful howl. One that said listen to me, I am King and this is my home and my family. Shalon too joined in and Aspen smiled warmly before she added the third voice as they joined together in harmony claiming their leadership of this pack and this land for now and forever more.

Never had Aspen felt so proud. She was finally able to put her past behind her and start a whole new life alongside wolves that meant so much to her. Alder her husband and Shalon who she thought of as a sister and a best friend as well as the other wolves that followed them in this journey called life, wolves she hoped to one day consider all her family.