Horizon Ridge plantains
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
All Welcome 
For @Arturo!

Finally Cam had found what he'd really been looking for all along. A forest. He'd always felt most at home where there are trees. Any type of tree would do, but he was especially fond of the big ones, the greenest ones that left the sun dappling the the ground with its golden glow. He weaved his way throughout the trees, enjoying every bit of the shade and the sweet aroma of sap. One thing that he did miss about his home, was the trees. There had been so many of them. So many places to play hide and seek with his brother. So many places to hide when his father called him useless. 

Cam stopped traveling at midday, and found himself a nice little spot to relax. A small creek ran past below, and he was surrounded by lush green. This was exactly where he wanted to be. The sun warmed his fur, making his already orange and golden spots seem even brighter, but reflected on the silvery cape that lined his back. He curled up into a comfy ball, and laid his head on his paws. It was time for his well deserved nap.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
It was midday when Arturo had finished his round of patrols with Chusi. Ceannasach parted with his young ward where the borders of Teaghlaigh touched Horizon Ridge, where Ravensblood Forest bled into the Ridge's territory. Arturo did not deign to go far — he was well within howling distance should The Family need him. He followed the sequoias, his pace slowing the closer to the Ridge he drew. Rather, what had once been a plateau. A landslide had demolished it, caving the earth in upon itself. It was not a gradual leveling, of course, but it was less of a ridge and more of a rocky mound hill. A gradual slope that should he have been inclined to climb it would have let him investigate what was upon it.

Arturo, however, was not so inclined to ever again climb anything rocky or otherwise with the potential of him losing his falling. The slope might have been gradual but it was treacherous and the gangster, after sparing it one last look, turned his back to it deciding to investigate the territory of the Ridge that was safe. A lone scent soon caught Ceannasach's attention and with a slow paced and cautious steps he followed it, intrigued and with The Family in the forefront of his mind, letting out a low chuff to announce his presence when he shrugged through underbrush to see a young male sleeping (or so it appeared) in the swath of sunlight that filtered down from the canopy that stretched above them.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cam was beginning to drift away when he heard a chuff nearby. He flinched at the sound, groaned at the thought of company. Cam loved being around others he loved attention - but it was nap time. Temptation told him to simply roll over, dismissing the other to get back to his rest, but curiosity out voted temptation. He rose to his feet slowly, shaking the leaves out of his earthy toned pelt. He turned his bright hazel gaze towards his company, and quickly he began to analyze the other. Another male, with a dark coat and rich amber eyes. Wearily he inched closer to the other, bowing his head submissively. It seemed everyone he met in these Wilds was bigger than him, and once again he wasn't willing to test his luck.

The lanky young male looked up again, locking his gaze onto the other male's and spoke with his normal lax and confidence. Am I trespassing or something? It was a bit of a snarky comment, but he couldn't resist himself. It was his nature, he wasn't one to start a conversation with "hello nice to meet you."
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
There was an immediate displeasure when the younger and smaller male's gaze sought to meet the gangster's own. It was contradictory to the submissive way in which he had bowed his head seconds before. Fiery, red-orange gaze was unrelenting and though everything within Arturo desired to be dominant, there was no telling yet which way this conversation would swing and he had not placed Furiosa as his Second in Command and red herring to ignore her role to him and The Family. His displeasure did not make it to his indifferent expression, nor did it change the gangster's stance. It was as tall and proud as it ever was. Yet gave no impression that he was anything but he was: another wolf. Not a lone wolf, for no doubt the scents of Teaghlaigh could easily be picked up by the other.

The young man's question held the same sarcastic edge to it that reminded Arturo of his eldest son, Bane. His eldest son had the penchant for being cynical and cheeky. A slight twitch of the Ceannasach's lips were given before it vanished as quickly as it had appeared. “No,” Arturo responded, the smoky reticence of his accented voice low and deep. “If you were trespassing you would have woken up with my teeth around your throat.” It was not spoken as a threat — simply as a matter of fact. Arturo tolerated trespassers as much as he tolerated betrayers: which was to say not at all.
i bare my bloody teeth
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
The older male was clearly the dominant one in the situation, so Cam dropped his gaze. He was one to push his boundaries - he was careful about it but he liked to see where he stood. He was used to being inferior however, so he didn't have a hard time submitting. The others answer seemed a little threatening, and made the youngsters eyes widen a bit, but also only made him more curious. This guy meant business, no room for playing around. With a slight anxious chuckle he responded quickly. Glad I'm not uh, trespassing then.

There was a slight pause, in which Cam took a moment to think about his next question. He wanted to know who this bigger wolf was, and why he'd awoken him. Shifting his white paws to get more comfortable, Cam spoke. My name's Cameron, call me Cam. You from around here sir? He asked with a friendly swish of his tail. He hoped to lift the tension between them, make the conversation smoother.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo knew the moment he had the young man's attention, saw it in with slight widen of the other male's pupils, heard it in the breathy, nervous laugh that spilled from betwixt the golden boy's lips. Good. There always had to be a certain amount of fear to inspire respect. Fear and Generosity were what balanced the scales of Teaghlaigh. To discourage any want to betray came from fear, but generosity inspired true loyalty. There were many complexities to the gangster and this contradiction was just one of them. Of course, the young man before him was not being threatened, nor did Artruro have any qualms with him. It had been he who had disturbed the slumbering teen, after all. For good reason, for cause deeper than this small talk. “Relax boy,” Arturo invited with an amiable sway of his tail. “I mean you no harm.” It did not equate to 'I'm harmless' because Arturo was anything but; simply it meant that this conversation was on good terms, in neutral ground.

Sir. Ceannasach liked the sound of it. Of the pleasantry that could have easily been taken as respect. Manners were important to the gangster and he appreciated them greatly. “I am Arturo,” The Fearghal monarch offered with a gentlemanly dip of his head — the way a man might tip his hat in a mutually respectful gesture. The boy's following question was a complex one. Arturo had not been born to the Wilds but in many ways he was apart of them, and them: he. He was carving out his own corner of them, laying claim to a territory of the Wilds. He would continue his Family here, and spread his seed so that the Fearghal name would grow to be a notable family within them.

So, Arturo settled for the simple answer. “Yes,” He spoke pausing for a moment to draw his salmon pink tongue across his jowls. Teaghlaigh has lain claim to a forest, Ravensblood, just a little ways south of here.” He offered the information vaguely, attentive how the younger male took it the information, gauging his interest level before he made the decision on if he would offer deeper information or not.
i bare my bloody teeth
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cam gave a small smile when Arturo assured him that he meant no harm. It was good to know, and surprisingly did make him feel a bit better. He wasn't too sure about how much he liked being called boy though. It brought him back to his old home. His father used to call him boy, especially when he was really disappointed or angry at him. He winced slightly at the word, almost as if he expected a scolding, but it may have gone unnoticed. Anyhow Arturo's assurance lifted the tension, and Cam's own tail fell into its own swishing rhythm.

Arturo, it was a nice name. It seemed fitting for the other male. He watched as Arturo nodded to him respectfully, and that he could appreciate. He dipped his own head in return, glad that this all seemed to be going well. After Cam had asked his question, there was another pause, and then a confirmation. Whether he had been born here or not mattered little to the golden furred boy. At least he knew that this Arturo lived nearby, possibly with a pack. That was what he was really hoping to learn about. And luckily for him, Arturo decided to share a little bit on his own.

Teaghlaigh. Cam had absolutely no idea what it meant. He had to stop himself from sharing his inner thoughts on the name, and instead perked his ears to show his interest. You the alpha? He asked, once again keeping his questions short and to the point.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
As the young man's question fell from his lips Arturo did not respond immediately. Instead, he let the silence settle between them for a few seconds, deliberating. The young man's interested seemed true, he did not smell of any others and Teaghlaigh accepted all so long as they obeyed and enforced the two rules that governed it and played their part in contributing and in keeping The Family safe. “Yes,” He responded after a few seconds longer, deciding that the opportunity was present before him and that he was going to seize it while it was his for the taking. “My official title is Ceannasach,” For a moment he contemplated if it was wise to speak of Furiosa and her role but then decided against it. Whether Cam agreed to and became apart of Teaghlaigh today or not mattered not. Furiosa and her role to them would be made apparent in their Family meeting. Intended to be held when everything became ...more official.

“Teaghlaigh means The Family,” Arturo explained, pausing to lick his jowls once, fixing the other in an intense stare as he spoke about his pack. “We are extremely tight knit, territorial and we keep to ourselves. We look out for our own first and foremost. The are only two laws that are expected to be obeyed and enforced: The Ceannasach's Word is Law and The Family Before Everything Else,” He gave a pause here to assess the younger male's interest level before continuing with. “Though this will not apply to founding members of Teaghlaigh there is The Family and the Comhlach's. Those who aspire to be apart of The Family. They must earn their place among The Family before they are given a rank and allowed in meetings. We don't give information about the Family or it's inner workings out.” It was a necessary evil of the recruitment process, unfortunate as it was. He had to place his trust that those he told would either join or they would keep their knowledge a secret.

“As long as you can contribute and are willing to become apart of Teaghlaigh and live and enforce it's laws and ways: you are welcome. Once apart of The Family you will always be apart of it. Punishment for betraying the Family is decided by The Family but the result has always been consistent.” It had always been death. The family before everything else after all. Luckily, Arturo had never had to seen that grim type of meeting and decision come to pass and hoped that he never did. Yet, it always remained a possibility.
i bare my bloody teeth
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cam had figured as much, from the way Arturo held himself in posture and in boldness. Once again the yearling was surprised by a confusing long name, that he would certainly ask questions about, later when or if he decided to stick with this group. He waited patiently another moment for Arturo to speak again, his eagerness to learn more was written in the boyish look in his eyes. Cam was the epitome of youth, and everything that came with it. Impatience within patience, excitement buried under the front of calm.

One of his questions was answered in the Ceannasach's next sentence. Apparently Teaghlaigh meant family. It was nice to know that the name didn't mean 'bloody death' or something violent like that, instead it seemed welcoming, and open. He found himself stricken with a new question for another time - what language was Arturo speaking? He shifted his stance once again, scooting himself a bit closer just to close a gap. The thought of having a tight knit family to count on sounded perfect, but he wasn't sure about the whole keeping to themselves thing. Cam loved his freedom, the freedom to roam and make his own choices. He knew that he couldn't have it all, but he did worry pledging himself to these wolves might cut back on his explorations.

Arturo continued on, about the way the pack functioned and it's rules, and how he was welcome to join. The last comment about the result always being consistent put the boy at a bit of unrest. It wasn't that he thought he would betray them, especially if he grew close to them. But it was a little nerve racking to know that the punishment would be severe. His brows were knitted as he contemplated all the information he'd just heard, thinking about his options. Finally he decided on what to say.

If I did join your ranks, and I'll let you know now I am interested, but if I did join you, what would be my role? I'm guessing I have to contribute to the pack, is there anything in particular you're looking for? Also, roaming wise - how strict are you? I do like to travel, I'm actually hoping to be a scout. He said the last part with a smile, proud to share his life goals with the older male. He had tried his best to sound professional, like an adult, but of course he was still practically a kid. His voice still cracked sometimes even, but he tried his best. He could only hope that Arturo would be willing to work with him, and perhaps he would join the Teaghlaigh.

Sorry long rambly post c:
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo's ears cupped forth, attentive as he let the information he had dumped upon the younger male to process, his silence and rapt attention inviting questions and concerns. This was essentially the same point of the Family Meetings, simply this was one-on-one. “Whatever role you want. You determine your trades not me,” Arturo informed him, wondering if this went differently in his natal pack. If he wanted to be a scout, then fine. He could be a scout. In fact, Arturo (who was aiming to be a scout in it's ambassador specialty, himself) encouraged it. “Contribute with your trades. Contribute by running patrols, marking the borders, filling the food caches.” What Arturo believed to be the standard expectations of pack members. “You are free to roam as you will. I only ask that you avoid talking about Teaghlaigh to those not of The Family. And if it cannot be avoided be vague. Don't give out valuable information. If the Comhlach cannot know it then neither can those outside of The Family.” That was the best way Arturo could draw that line, hoping that it cleared up the young male's confusion on the matter. “If they persist you would send them my way.” He would then decide what to tell them but he did not foresee it being any sort of issue.

There was more to tell him, but before Arturo delved into more he held back, waiting to see if Cam would accept the offer of joining Teaghlaigh or decline it.
i bare my bloody teeth
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cam liked everything he heard from Arturo. About the pack, about the freedom's he had. His old pack had put so much pressure on him, especially his father. Oh how he couldn't wait to prove that old bat wrong. To finally be more than what his father had told him he would always be. To forget about the scar on his shoulder, that reminded him where he came from. Teaghlaigh seemed like a good place to start. He listened to the rules, he didn't mind the cryptic and secretive ways of the pack, and he knew he could keep things under hush. He gave Arturo a smile when the male finished, a finality of sorts.

He'd thought about it, and was about certain now. The small golden brown male nodded and said, It sounds great. I'd be honored to join you guys, if you'll have me. And then all he could do was wait, a hopeful glint in his hazel and yellow eyes as he stared up at the Ceannasach.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
I think we can wrap this up with your next post! Or alternatively, you can archive it as is. It's up to you. :D

Arturo offered a sage nod of approval when the young man spoke that he would be honored to join them. Good, good. Yes, Teaghlaigh was coming along very nicely. He had a Hunter, a Healer, a Scout, a Red Herring and a Warrior in training. They were quite The Family but all were useful and their independent skills would made Teaghlagh a great empire. Arturo was undeniably pleased with them all and the progress. “Welcome to The Family.” He stepped forward to brush against the young man, so that their scents would mingle marking him as apart of the Teaghlaigh with finality. It was done. “Come. I will give you the tour. You get yourself settled, maybe introduce yourself to the others. There is Isley, our Healer, and her companion Palisander, the Hunter. My young ward Chusi, she is a Warrior in training. There is another, Furiosa, but she is currently away on a diplomatic mission and recruitment drive.” Arturo informed him.

With a inviting gesture of his muzzle Ceannasach turned and headed back towards Ravensblood Forest, intent to give the younger male a tour and explain their alliance with Blackrock Depths and the courtesies that were expected when dealing with a Depths wolf as they walked.
i bare my bloody teeth