Stone Circle Noodles
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
@Steady

Chaska hadn't seen the alpha in some time. He had heard about some happenings, like two pack members leaving. And met the new member, Althaia. But he hadn't checked up on Steady personally. Sending two members away, it couldn't have been easy for him. He also hadn't seen Niita in some time, and suspected she were gone, for he could not smell her scent either. And he knew how her and Steady were together.

So he sought him out, going right to the alpha den and waiting some feet away. "Steady. You in there?" he asked into the den, watching for the dark-furred alpha wolf.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was curled up in his den, snoozing the day away. He hadn't been sleeping very well lately, and when he did, he was plagued with nightmares. Mostly of the missing Ezekiel and Niita. He couldn't fathom anything but death would keep them away, but then he didn't want to think them dead, either. It was as if he was caught in a spot in the middle, where his heart and head were in a war, and he was afraid to side with either.

A voice jolted him from his snoozing, and his head jerked up. Chaska. Steady had kept himself so busy doing pack duties, that he had neglected the relationship of his family. He shifted his body and crawled out of the den, shaking the dust and dirt off his coat. His tail wagged as he extended his muzzle in an effort to nudge Chaska's neck in greeting. Chaska, how are you? he asked, his voice a little muffled from sleep, but he was waking quickly. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska nudged back in greeting. Steady looked tired. And even sounded tired. "I'm doing well. But you, you sound very tired. Are you doing okay?" he asked, a touch of worry laced into his voice. Was the task of alpha getting to him? Or was it something more..personal? "I'm here if you need a talk."
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Chaska, in addition to being adept at telling stories, was also one Steady knew had a listening ear, as well. He was a good friend, and he was glad that he had come back after his travels, and decided to move with the family. Steady sighed a bit, knowing he wasn't hiding his troubles very well. But, to him, it would have been like lying, and he wasn't good at that. 

I'm missing Niita and Ezekiel, he admitted. Ezekiel went missing when he and Valette were scouting out this area, and Niita during the move. I don't know what happened to either of them, he said with a frown. His brain had long since made up the worst possible things that could happen to him, but he simply didn't want to believe it. He wanted them to be safe. And here.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's expression went down as Steady spoke of his troubles. So it was most certain that both were truly gone. Somewhere. "I am sorry. Niita, you loved her. And Ezekiel, well he was a great friend to all of us." He wanted to say they would see them again. But also, he did not want to lie.

"You need to put it behind you. Look to the future. You still got me around. And you've got Adeline. She needs someone to care for her. She needs you."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded as Chaska spoke, agreeing with him. He thought Niita was going to be his life mate, the one he loved forever. His heart was still holding out for her, too. He knew he could not simply give up, and accept that she was gone. Mostly, because he had no proof that she wouldn’t return, and every confidence that she would. And Ezekiel had been such a great brother and friend, that he held the same hope for him.

Chaska spoke of moving on, and Steady’s expression change to confusion as he looked to his friend, and brother. Niita and Ezekiel have proven themselves to this family. I know that I need to move forward, and take care of the ones here today, but I can’t give up on them. Not yet, he confessed. They deserve more than that. He knew he would put his heart and soul into finding them, ensuring he would have no regrets if one day, he did have to move on without them. But, this was not that day.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska held his tongue. Inside he wanted Steady to move on. But then he recalled how long it had taken him to move on. Wanting one of them to come back. He hadn't thought about his own family in a while. "All right. Just, don't wait too long...Trust me, I've been there."

He paused for a moment there, no doubt his face looking rather dark. "How is Adeline?" He hoped she was doing well. No doubt the disappearance of those two had affected her in some way as well. But that wasn't why he asked. He wanted to brighten the mood back up. "And Valette. I have yet to meet her."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Chaska pushed that he didn't want Steady to wait too long to move on. The Alpha didn't quite understand the rush, but he supposed Chaska was simply making sure he was on task, and handling his duties to the family, and not sinking too deep into the loss of Niita and Ezekiel. Time will tell, he decided to reply. It was true. Steady didn't know how he would mourn, or for how long. No one could dictate it, either.

His face lifted when the subject of Adeline came up. She seems good. She likes the forest, and all the white trees. She seems to be settling in here rather well. He knew she and Ezekiel had been close, but the loss seemed to be replaced by the presence of Philos. I think she has found a friend in Philos, he commented aloud. Maybe it was helping her not be so sad. You should meet her, he said on Valette. I've promoted her to Beta, though it won't be technically announced until the celebration feast she's hosting. It wasn't a secret, but Steady did want a ceremony to commemorate her promotion, and their new home. 

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska dropped the subject after Steady finished with the statement about time. It went on to a happier note. Adeline was doing well, and Steady announced to Chaska that Valette was going to Beta rank. He was excited, not just for the food but for another beta. 

"That is good to hear. I will be sure ot congragulate her on the day. As for Adeline, I am glad she is doing well." He recalled how Steady was when Odette and Stoic left. And how Adeline was, by Steady's words. To hear she was doing better, it was good to hear. And as much as he wanted to, he stopped himself to ask how Steady was doing about them having disappeared.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded, Me, too. I was worried that Ezekiel's disappearance would have more of an effect on her. I can't tell if she's suppressing it, or if she really is okay, he confessed. She's been through so much in her short life... I fear she is simply used to loss. It was such a sad thing to say, but there was a reality in Steady's words. Adeline had not had much stability in the beginning of her life, and she had to process the death of her loved ones early on. Was she just used to it now?

Steady sighed. I guess I should just be grateful that she's looking towards more positive things instead of focusing on the bad, he added. Maybe it was a blessing.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Fade?

Chaska's expression became slightly more grim. If Adeline was being used to loss, it would help her. But if it got worse, she might become emotionless all together. She had to know she still had family, friends. And after what Steady said next, he was positive she was straying far from being emotionless.

Chaska looked at his paws for a moment. "We could all learn a thing or two from her, I guess. Always looking forward, away from the bad." Chaska paused on the end there. He had always thought he had done that. But here he was, also worrying about the bad that could happen to Adeline. He looked back up at Steady. "I'm sure you want some time alone now. If you want, I'll take my leave."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Sure, thank you for the thread! <3

He thought about Chaska's words for a moment, about how they could learn from Adeline. It was true that she didn't seem to let much of anything phase her, and she was always looking for something new and exciting to focus on. I suppose you are right, he said softly, thinking of himself then. He couldn't dwell on his loss for very long, since the whole pack looked to him for guidance and protection. He could not, would not, fail them.

He smiled to his brother, always the understanding one. I think I might take a few to myself before I get started on things, he admitted. And a few moments would all it would be. He would keep Chaska's words in the back of his mind, reminding him that brighter days were ahead, and that's what he should look forward to.