Larksong Grotto breathe it in
your blade might be too sharp
113 Posts
Ooc — Ash
All Welcome 
For @Jhala and/or @Hiram. Pups are welcome to cameo. <3

Since Vuk and Seff had returned, Terich had been resting easier. He still woke up in the middle of the night, jerking awake, and searched frantically for his family before touching them, kissing them, and finally falling back into a fitful slumber. It was almost surreal that they were here again, and he could hold them close once more. So that morning after kissing them good day, Terich went in search of food. The autumn's chill breeze had begun chasing away the prey, but some creatures still remained. Today, he had his sights set on rabbits.

After a few tries, he finally caught two hares, one of which he brought to Vuk, and the other which dangled from his mouth as he headed toward the new family's abode. He wasn't sure when he missed Jhala and Hiram's relationship blossom, and perhaps in reality it had not blossomed out of love, but survival, much like his and Vuk's had. Terich-mir still didn't believe in this religious code Reek--Hiram--had set for them, but he would obey his laws as well as he could, to repay him for taking in the young family those many months ago.

When he reached their grotto, Terich respectfully stopped many yards away, and set down his quarry. Then he let out a few low chuffs of air, hoping to catch their attention without waking up the tiny babes.
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
It was Jhala who waddled out, though not so bulkily now. She was thinner than she was days ago, but her broad posture was still evident and her stomach was still swollen. "Terich," she said, smiling. Her ears cupped forward and she stared at what he had brought them. "Oh-- thanks," she breathed, tail wagging. She stared for a few more moments, still somewhat dazed, before she hesitated with a quick few steps forward. 

"Do you wanna see 'em?" she asked him quietly, ears lowering a bit. "They're just inside," she added quickly.
113 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Jhala appeared only a few moments later, looking exhausted but happy. Her body had slimmed down slightly, but he could still see her swollen stomach and teats. Terich smiled softly, remembering Vuk's own struggles after birthing Seff. It had been under entirely different circumstances, but they had made it out of the wilderness alive. They'd found Reek and Jhala, who had graciously taken them in. You're welcome. I know how hungry a new mother can be.

When she offered for him to see the pups, Terich hesitated only a moment. So long as Hiram won't mind, I'd love to meet them. How many did you have? Terich had come to love children in these last months, and rejoiced at the pack's newest additions. Even if that joy was clouded by worry, Terich wanted nothing more than to see these pups thrive.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala made a face for a moment. "I don't think he would-- if he does he can suck it up," she nodded once and motioned for him to follow. "Three-- but the girl didn't make it. So I got two boys now-- Tapat's the white one and Astik's the darker one," she explained, a twinge of pain rolling through her as she remembered Wesleigh.

"They're sleeping," she added when they'd reached the back, her voice quieter. Her tail waved some, a bit of pride appearing as her chest puffed out just barely.
113 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Three children to begin, with only two boys remaining. Terich pressed his nose against Jhala's cheek in silent condolence, knowing all too well that this was the way of life sometimes, but also knowing the fact of it didn't dampen the pain. Then he followed her deeper into the grotto, allowing his eyes to adjust to the dim light, where he saw two babes curled together. Tapat and Astik. The names seemed to fit them, even if he didn't know the meanings.

Congratulations, he whispered, turning from the babes to their mother. They're beautiful. Far too soon they would grow into handsome young men, then adults in their own right. Seff was already too big for Terich's liking, and already into too much trouble. He thanked the stars every moment that Seff was safe. Terich settled into a corner of the den, watching the babes in silence. After a long moment, he looked toward Jhala again. I'm afraid I haven't been very present lately, so I apologize for missing your mateship to Hiram. How did that happen? Terich was curious to know if theirs was a relationship of love or convenience, much like his own had been in the beginning.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"I dunno-- I didn't really think he had feelings for me... or if I had any for him. But he asked, and it made him happy, so I said yes," she explained quietly, wrapping herself back around her two children. "I'm not unhappy," she added quickly, glancing up at Terich. "I'm very happy with Hiram... it was just unexpected," she explained, her gaze trailing back down. Her eyebrows furrow for a moment, tail flicking. 

"How's Vuk?" she asked, looking up. "She hasn't stopped by-- but, I mean, I guess I didn't think she would... it doesn't matter-- is she doing ok?"
113 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I'm assuming some things. Please let me know if its not right, @Vuk!

Terich understood now how her mateship with Hiram worked. It was much the same as his own, though in time he'd come to love Vuk as not only a friend and traveler partner, but as his mate in truth. They had coupled and consummated their relationship, but it hadn't changed much of their daily lives. Perhaps a little more intimacy shown between them. That had all stopped when Seff went missing. I understand. He smiled at her, knowing in his own heart that he truly did understand her situation, having gone through it himself. I'm glad for you, Jhala. Glad for you both, as long as you're happy.

Then the conversation turned toward Vuk. Terich stared at the little children, remembering when Seff was that small and Hiram had taken them in. A pang of sadness pealed through him, but he managed to keep his composure. She's as well as can be expected. Relieved Seff is back, but also upset with herself for letting him get lost. Terich shook his head. I try to talk with her, to see what I can do, but she's even quieter now. Protective. Terich knew how she felt, but that didn't mean her own behavior didn't frighten him.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala nodded for a moment, listening carefully. "Well, 'm glad Seff's back... I know she was kinda torn up about that-- you too," she added, glancing to Terich. She quieted again, staring at her children, curling to her swollen belly. "I didn't understand... I was too hard on her..." she muttered, her ears lowering considerably, "I don't think she'll forgive me."

Maybe for not wanting her to leave, but Jhala doubted Vuk would ever forgive her for settling down with Reek. It was an accident, she didn't understand how that worked... she didn't know what she was doing at the time-- but it didn't matter. It was done, and she couldn't take it back, and she knew that her friendship with the patched woman would never be the same.
113 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Terich shook his head at her confession, at her fears. She won't hold it against you, Jhala. It may take some time, but she will forgive you. Terich wasn't one hundred percent certain, but he knew his mate - and friend - well enough to know that she wouldn't hold it against Jhala. Terich still didn't know what had transpired between Vuk and Reek, still did not know that his mate had been with another man moments before she came to him, seeking solace and comfort, consummating their mateship in deed as well as name. There was no telling what Terich might do once he learned, but for now he was ignorant of Vuk's feelings for Reek, and perhaps it was for the best.