Blackfeather Woods Old Wolf, New Tricks
Matthew 5:44
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
@Nemesis
Being in Blackfeather Woods for the short amount of time she had did not put a hinder on Emma's exploration of the hierarchy. It was clear who was on top, namely Nemesis. She was a nimble wolf, built perfectly for agility. Emma, being a significantly larger wolf, envied her superior's abilities and longed to learn more of the other tricks she was sure Nemesis had up her sleeve. So, after lurking and trying to spot her without a call, she decided it was time to release a howl, and hope that she would be heard.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Since the discovery of not only her daughter missing, but her sister and her children; the dark woman had become increasingly irritated. Mostly, for her idiotic ideas of ever welcoming her sister. @Althaia, into her pack in the first place. The girl was a little worm, a walking pity party with her shitty man friend and boatloads of children. Yet, Nemesis had fallen for it by the idea that she could somehow reconnect with the tiny girl she had actually liked once. But now, that boat was sunk eternally after the betrayal. Not only had her sister not shown any interest in her niece and nephews, but had also not bothered to say goodbye nor shared any interest in taking part of their pack life. Nemesis would not have stopped her, had she just explained how the sacrifice of her youngest (and deformed) child had not pleased her. But really, what was the use of a wolf child who could not walk, never mind live past its premature days? Had her sister only seen the value in the sacrifice, the pledge of its everlasting soul to Mephala, the Silencer was sure her sister would have understood.

Alas, it was not meant to be. And now, Nemesis would have her head.

Despite the blood relation to the deserter, Althaia had gotten too close to their Brotherhood, withholding valuable information about the dark pack Nemesis could not afford to be shared. In the comparison of saving the life of a sister who had thrown her generosity back in her face, or the security of the pack she had come to raise, the answer was nothing to debate about. Althaia needed to die. Unfortunately, the dark woman could not afford to travel outside the territory in search of the sister; her gaze could not waver from her young for very long. They had become increasingly mobile, and their attitudes had only heightened. No, she would need to acquire a pawn. The previous subjects had either perished or fled, yet, their ranks had grown; she knew. It was an opportunity the wicked woman would not pass up, nor simply overlook. They had grown a tight circle, and the welcoming of outsiders had become rare. Yet, as if by fate, one had summoned her that day. The woman walked with thundering and opportunistic strides as she met the call.

“I have a job for you, if you want any chance at becoming a Dark Sister,” Cold eyes met the female's optics, though Nemesis' shoulder broadened as if to size the other up though her rank did not need her to do so. Either way, the female, no matter how old she was, had no choice in the matter. Nemesis did not give the woman a chance to speak in reply before launching on the idea of the quest.

“You will journey to other territories and its packs in search of a scrawny looking girl named Althaia, most likely tagging along will be her three children. They will not have gone far, so your search and its relayed results should take up no time,” It was a lie, of course, yet the woman figured it better sound appealing if she wanted it done at the best proficiency and in a timely manner. “Once you have visited one pack, you will advance to the next, each time posing as a concerned relative in hopes of locating your only surviving family,” The idea of conjuring up a whole new identity for the Tyro was in the slightest bit exciting to her, the work of a spy not an assassin. “If you find her, you will bring me her head,” “If you fail to locate her whereabouts, I will have yours,” The tone of her voice darkened, a gaze unwavering upon the stranger that indicated nothing about her task nor the consequences of failing were of any joking matter.

“Any questions?” The corners of her lips turned upwards in a faux smile that held nothing but a wicked sense of displacement, one that indicated for the other to speak and ask what she needed to ask, but not to question her orders. It was an emotion from the Silencer that sent many into nervous breakdowns.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Emma listened carefully to each word the woman spoke, soaking it all in. She would have to take another's life, but her victim would be with children. She would prefer to not take them as well and seeing as she wasn't specifically commanded to, she assumed she wouldn't, but when the offer to pose her questions arose, she didn't hesitate. You say she's with her children, correct? Are they a part of this, this being my task? Do you have anything with her scent, to make it easier to track her? It had always been a personal choice to refrain from harming the weak (read: the young and the old, the weak and the sickly) but she had a deep reverence for authority and wouldn't hesitate to do as she was told.
Thus, she continued with a hollow laugh - a trial of her infamous rumble - before speaking once again. It is my duty as your follower to do as I am told. The terms and conditions of said duty only make it all the more enjoyable. She bowed to her superior and released a devilish grin, as she awaited the final word on her mission.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
At the question of the lives of her sister's children; the Silencer lightly shrugged. "Kill them or don't, my neices and nephews mean little to me," The woman had not even had the chance to meet them, nevermind form any attachment to their existence. Their lives had not yet been developed, there was little about them she could feel sorry for. Had they stuck around longer in which to be introduced to their cousins, perhaps the dark woman would have found herself with more mercy than she currently held; her idotic sister had not stopped to consider that she had not only risked her life but her children's. 

Yet, something occured to the woman. She knew nothing of this Tyro's capabilities, nevermind asking her to inflitrate and commit murder.  Even for their standards, it was a wealthy task and at a high expectation. Perhaps, she would be lenient, though at a price. "However, if you feel your position may be compromised due to her place with others, bring me her location and I will do it myself," If it was not for her children's need for her to be with them, she would not have asked in the first place. Did it feel good to compromise? No, not at all. However, she could not feel or be blamed responsibility over a newbie Tyro going and trying to get away with murder, and paying the ulitmate price for it on another pack's lands. While the woman's loyalty and obedience was more appriciated than Nemesis would let on, such things could not be assigned recklessly. Their numbers had suffered within the recent days and when the winter came, they could not afford to slip again. 
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It was explained that the children's lives could be spared, which eased the load a bit. Provided, should a child choose to fight her, this getting in the way of her task, there would be bloodshed without a thought. But knowing Emma had options in regards to the subject was pleasing, at the least. It seemed that her hesitance to take an innocent's life had conveyed a message of weakness, which Emma assured her superior did not exist. If it's blood you're asking for, I'd be more than happy to supply it. This won't be my first life taken. 
She shook her thick coat free in a flashy show of size, before releasing her rumble - an infamous mix of laughter and murder-driven rage - and turning away from Nemesis. Before she set off though, there was one more thing to be said: You will have her head before winter, or I'll offer my own with grace.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
A vow was made and the deal was set; a head in exchange of a place within their most desired ranks. While the other woman put on a grand show of faux, wicked giggles and high and airy promises, the Silencer knew better than to trust a stranger wholeheartedly with a task of the great importance as it was. However, convince able or not, the dark woman returned with a impish grin of her own; sending the other on her way before turning her back. The older woman would be dead by winter if the task didn't kill her, she was sure. A light scoff and a roll of the eyes later and the dark woman was on her way; returning to her children as if she had not ordered a death warrant on their cousins.