Ankyra Sound I can turn you on - or I will turn on you
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Private 
@Maude and/or @Kjalarr :)) I just love these three together XD <3

Ondine was awoken early by a vision. It had been the sea, swallowing their siren queen with ease. It had scared her so much that her eyes flickered from wall to wall to make sure she was not really at sea. She bit her already damaged lip, tongue running over her pearly whites and her stomach calling for some food. She grunted softly, rising to her feet and exiting the Main Den. She was still panting when she crossed the border- she decided to spend her time wisely and do some hunting. That way she had the rest of the day to sing or see if Bain had some time to spare for her booty. Still, the nightmare had troubled her, and it was hard for the bloodied woman to focus.

It took her longer to return, yet the hunt had been successful. Two hares hung from her mouth, one half-eaten by her and its blood used for her face paint. She didn't know what to do with the rest of it until a thought popped into her head. She hadn't spoken to Maude in a long while for a fucking reason and it was time for her to get on the pirate's good side... if it had one. Of course, she didn't do it because she wanted to be its friend, but because she wanted to be nice lil' friends with the whole pack. Even if that meant socializing with the annoying Beta.

She padded gracefully to the opening of the Grotto, assuming most were just waking up. OH MAAAAUUDDEE! She called out in a dramatic voice. I HAVE BREEEAAAKFAAASSTT! She followed up with a tiny chuckle. 
"I simply... Don't remember."
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude was sprawled on her back, snoring loudly. She was far too used to communal living to be concerned about her appearance, and slept contently in the Sound's Main Den. That was until she heard an obnoxious sound from its opening.

The Beta flipped over onto her stomach, more annoyed than startled, her golden glare mere slits as she stared at the woman. Ye know dat other wolves sleep in 'ere too, mate? She stood up lumbering over to Ondine, her face twisted in anger, even as her stomach growled at the sight of the hare. What was she up to?
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
It took some time for the water witch's eyes to adjust to the darkness inside their den, but finally spotted a messy looking male. Why she hadn't heard its snoring she didn't know, but at least it didn't sleep through her waking call. She could've awoken the pirate in a peaceful way, but where was the fun in that? Besides, this way everyone would be up and working sooner! Ondine grinned as Maude tiredly got up, chuckling at the Beta's words.

It's morning! You can't sleep all day, silly- winter's coming. She said, cheery despite the whole situation. She ignored Maude's "wrinkled Sprinkles" face, picked up their breakfast and went inside. She sat down somewhere near Maude but certainly no where in the pirate's personal space, lying down the dead critters again. You hungry? I caught too much today. Maude could take this however she wanted. Whether it was a peace-offering, a way to secretly get on the beta's good side or to show Kjalarr she was obviously capable of providing for the whole pack, at least she would look good while doing it. Physically and mentally ;).
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
I can too sleep all day if'n I was huntin' fer t'pack all day yesterday! She muttered, shaking out her pelt, though that didn't do much to smooth the ruffled and tangled fur. Such a mess seemed to never leave the wench, though she never minded. Can't a body get some rest? Ain't like I'm lazin' 'bout, doin' nothin'. Tentatively, she followed the woman, side-eyeing her whenever she could.

Maude sniffed the deposited rabbit, looking back up at Ondine. Wot'd yew do to this. She had seen the witch with herbs before, and thanks to their first formal encounter things between them were not too friendly. This could be a prank, or something worse. Maude was hesitant.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
A playful little smirk played on the bloodied woman's lips, and it was hard for her to push back a chuckle. So Maude wasn't a lazy ass? Good to know. She guessed that made her hate her a little less. Like, 4% or something. Nothing big, but surely an improvement. She kept that information for herself though. Well, if you go to bed early you can rise early too. How late did you go to sleep? She asked, only slightly interested. She looked a bit amused at how tangled and messy Maude's fur was, nothing like her own.

Nothing. Ondine answere honestly, her face turning quite serious. Yes, she hated the man, but poisoning her? Nah, that wasn't her style. Besides, some competition was somewhat amusing every now and then. You really think I would poison one of our own with winter coming? Pfft, your lack of trust in me truly cuts me deep. She said, quite dramatically at the last part. Besides, I don't think Kja-Kja would like it very much.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Late, was all she said. It was all she needed to know. Ondine didn't need to know Maude's life — ok maybe she did they were packmates after all. She still didn't like the idea of her life being pried open, especially not by someone who clearly despised her and would use such information to her devious advantage.

She denied poisoning the food, and her reasoning made sense. Their rag-tag band was small enough as it was without one of them dying or going out of commission. She huffed, rolled her eyes and prepared to take a tentatively bite of the rabbit when she heard it.

Kja-kja

Maude stiffened, a growl rumbling in her chest. Da 'ell did ye call 'im? She snapped, her lips curling to reveal her yellowed, twisted fangs. Only she could call Kjalarr kja, or any variation on the name. Or at least, she declared that to herself.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Well, that explained her fucked up mood. Now all Ondine wanted to know was why Maude was such an insufferable, little bitch. She supposed that question would be left unanswered, even though her reasoning for hating the Beta was not only because Maude was possibly the least mannered wolf in the whole of Teekon (And that was saying something) but because the manwhore had taken a piece out of her shoulder. Perhaps Ondine's fabulousness was just a trigger for the pirate. Jealousy? Self-hatred?

Her ungrateful actions were seen but not commented on. For a moment Ondine wished she had poisoned the food, if only to teach her a lesson. But, for now, it was not the wisest of things to do. Ondine lowered her muzzle to her own rabbit to eat, just before the rumble erupted from the other's throat. Oh, Geez, couldn't she do anything right around this son of a bitch?

Ondine did not retreat, for she was already quite a distance away and lowered her muzzle over her throat as protection. One eyebrow raised in confusion- fake confusion it was, but a trained eye would even have trouble with telling that. Kja-Kja? Yeah, him and me have grown on each other as quite good friends. She said, her words only a little overexagerated. Kjalarr and her were indeed friends, but the bestest? No. But Maude didn't have to know that. Her ears lowered in a small gesture of submission, and her eyes scanned the den for any wolf that was watching this ordeal? If a fight were to break out, with Maude starting again, it would certainly look bad for the Beta. A generous Gamma bringing her breakfast, and Maude just attacking? Disgusting.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
The repetition of the nickname infuriated her. The Beta growled through her meal, cracking bones and shredding meat; all the things she wanted to do to the pompous Gamma. Maude didn't get this female. What did she have to gain from pissing her off? Only more scars. Was she some kind of sick freak that got off from pain? Maude wouldn't be surprised.
Dat's cute, lass, She said between bites. Wonder 'ow long it'll be 'til "kja-kja" gets tired o' dat shite,

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Ondine just closed her eyes as she started to munch on her own hare, ignoring the growling noises of the boy besides her. Why Maude was always mad was not her problem. At least she had tried, right? Ondine had always been a more reasonable wolf, even if she dearly hated Maude. Then again, perhaps time in Saltwinter would be boring without a constant rival to bitch with. Truly, she didn't want to make Maude all grumpy, but it was not her fault that he had such a bad temper. Perhaps therapy would be a good idea, but she knew she'd lose a real eye if she would bring it up.

Owh, he's very nice under that layer of alpha-male. She shrugged. She smirked around another bite of the hare. I bet you know that too, huh?
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
'e's also kind of a daddy's boy, She huffed, tearing a strip of meat from the hare. Part of it hung from her mouth; she chewed bits and pieces at a time, drawing the rest of it up into her mouth. But you'd know dat, too, right? 'Specially if'n yer such great friends wit our glorious alpha. Two could play at this game. But Maude was sure she would win out. Ondine was nothing but an upstart.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
I've never seen him with a father. Ondine admitted, for even though she liked to exaggerate, lying was not part of her game. She doubted Kjalarr was indeed a daddy's boy though, he was very mature for a guy so young. And it wasn't like he cried for his wittle daddy to come pick him up whenever something went wrong in Saltwinter. The siren would never believe a word out of Maude's mouth, but thinking of how little sense the words made was a fun thing to do. Wonder if he even walks the earth still, if I'm honest. Maybe that's the reason he never visits my good friend. She debated. All Ondine knew that Kjalarr was far more adult than Maude, despite being younger. Man, was Ondine glad to be the eldest out of the three, otherwise this game would just end up in a big mess. At least Bain and Slancio were sane.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
'is dad's dead, mate. She smirked morbidly, knowing that Ondine was bluffing at this point. She knew nothing, but she thought she knew everything. Look, I don't feel loike 'splainin' 'is, whole family 'istory an' shite — mebbe ye can ask next time yew two 'ave a 'friendly ' conversation — but 'e's still gettin' over it. Tryin' t'work it out wit t'rest o' 'is family. Personal shite that's hard t'do when ye've got a pack t'lead.

She was at the end of her meal, having eaten rather voraciously, breaking her fast quickly and noisily as she was want to do, with no regards to Ondine's sensibilities. So, wot 'bout dem other blokes ye fancy? Can't ye talk 'bout them? Or 'ave ye been 'norin' them for Kja-kja's sake?

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Her suspicions had been right - the father of Kjalarr was truly dead. It came as no surprise, though it was kind of sad to think that Kjalarr was all alone leading this pack. He needed someone to lift his spirits now with the loss of their siren queen. He was still a young boy, after all. Silently Ondine wondered if her father was also dead or if he'd forgotten all about her. To be honest, she could not remember a single thing about him. I did not ask for an explanation. Her tone was friendly instead of bitchy as she said it. Did Maude really think Ondine needed an explanation from her about Kjalarr? Puh-lease. She hardly understood his pirate speech - besides, all that seemed to come out of his mouth was bullshit. 

She was finished eating, having only had half a hare, and was cleaning her teeth up with her tongue a bit when Maude asked her something. Other blokes? I have no one I fancy. Bain and Slancio are just friends of mine. It hurt to say she did not fancy Bain, but she had to keep her head up. If Maude found a weakspot, Ondine was sure he'd go for it without mercy. 
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Yew want'd t'be friends wit 'im, correct? Yew might as well know, Ondine confused her, with her wishwash thoughts and mannerisms. Did she want Kjalarr's companionship or not? Friendship meant knowing the rough and dirty about the other, didn't it? And yet she rejected it, without even a hint of sympathy for the lonely Kjalarr. Even she could manage something.

Sure, She scoffed; it was well known that Ondine had a thing for Bain, even before this thing with Kjalarr. Was he simply a means to an end, a toy discarded? Yew keep tellin' yerself dat,

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
I don't like relying on unstable sources for my information. She answered, her words almost screaming logic. Ondine did not trust many in general, and would never like to reference words that might be complete bullshit. Yes, she felt bad for Kjalarr, but would never bring the knowledge shad had just obtained up. She would figure the truth out for her own. 

Truly, Maude, I have no real interest in romance. She lied, just to keep her ground. She started licking off her teeth in a sad attempt to show that she would rather go and leave Maude be. She had tried to be nice, but he just kept pulling her into this obsessive game. It was not just anger anymore, it was a challenge for the water witch - one she would win.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Unstable. She's been called that on many different occasions, and by now...it was nothing to her. It was merely a breeze against her fur. Maude smirked, Suit yerself, She was being honest and frank with the woman for once, she could at least take the information.

Maude merely frowned and shrugged again. She could deny all she wanted, but Maude wasn't blind. None of them were. What this boy thought of Ondine tossing him aside and jumping straight into the alpha's (metaphorical) lap...well...that would be interesting if he stuck around.

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Feel free to post again or archive! <3

Ondine rolled her eyes at the pirate. It seemed that both did not trust the other by word, and it was better this way. In some ways, it made this game all the more interesting. But Ondine was tired of playing now, and her stomach was filled. She had better things to do, better ways to spend her time instead of wasting it on the mutt beside her who had been rude from the start. She cleared her throat.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your breakfast and so long. She said, lifting herself up, making sure to be careful doing so. With a flick of her tail did she take a few steps toward the opening of their sleeping place - looking behind her to see if Maude would be so kind as to say goodbye as well or at least thank her for bringing him breakfast.

Whatever he would do, Ondine would make it outside and return to the sea to think about life and all it's problems.