Two Rivers Isle Big, Bad Wolves
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Private 
Every day Vassago practiced his Mercenary skills, and every day he reminded himself of those dark wolves who hated his family - one day, he'd find them. It'd never occurred to him that being alone was a bad idea, not until he was pummeling a stump with vicious creamy paws and thought that someone else would do well to come up behind - the first to come to mind was his little brother.

Did he even know how to fight? Did he care? Only one way to find out - tipping his jaws to the afternoon sky, the chestnut boy called for @Pyro to join him. If the darker boy didn't know, he would teach him not caring in the slightest if his parent's found out. Malice was already angry with him, he was sure - but like he'd told her, he had no intentions of hiding the dark wolves from his brother.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Meanwhile, Pyro was completely ignorant about the threats that lied outside of the boundaries of the isle. Thus, there was nothing for him to worry about other than appeasing his necessities. He looked around desperately for the right place, it couldn't be too open, nor could he ruin dad's markings again. He ended up behind a spruce tree, tangled within it's lower branches, but the calm odor it gave away was perfect to cover his tracks. So he got ready for it, crouching down and arching his back, tail upright and eyes closed as he pushed with his belly.

Vassago couldn't have chosen a worse moment to call for Pyro.

The brown child stopped pooping midway, only emptying half what he needed. His brother's call seemed important, more important than pooping, and so Pyro jumped out of the spruce with urge and sought out his brother. "WHAT HAPPENED?" he asked desperately the moment he saw his brother, and halted right before colliding against him.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago didn't know or care about what his brother was doing beforehand - in his mind, there was nothing Pyro could be doing without him that was worthwhile, right? Waiting patiently on his haunches beside the stump, he was thrilled to see his brother haring towards him - jumping up and fully ready for an attack, the older boy was disspointed when Pyro stopped. 

"Dad told me about these dark wolves,  Pyro. They hate us - Mom and Dad said they wanted to hurt us! Wouldn't even tell me what was wrong. We gotta be ready for if they come, to protect everyone!" 

His voice came out in a quiet rush - the chestnut boy hadn't forgotten the rundown and tongue lashing Malice had given him. Not once did he think about telling Pyro not to tell their parents - Vassago didn't care if he got in trouble, even if he was sure to. Pyro needed to know!

Turning and jabbing a paw to the stump behind him, Vass went on in a very matter-of-fact tone. 

"We can practice fighting on that!"

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Vassago's hushed voice did little to sooth Pyro's nervousness. He hunched to his brother's level, anxiously listening to his words as the terrifying truth was revealed. There were bad guys out there looking for them, looking to hurt them, and they could be anywhere! Suddenly Pyro's back felt cold, each vertebra, one by one until the chill reached his rump and the rest of his rectum's contents were released.

Yep... He pooped his pants, quite literally.

"WHAT?" he whisper-yelled as his chest started shaking. No, he was no fighter, he could not defend himself now to even think of defending others. THIS WAS JUST SO MESSED UP.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago was waiting for a reply from his brother, yes, but he never expected it to be the smell of his poop! Scrambing a couple of feet to the other side, the eldest wrinkled his muzzle and let out a loud, obnoxious, 

"EEEEWWWWWWWHHHHHH! PYRO!"

Snorting and backing up another few steps, Vass grumbled before going on. 

"We have'ta protect the isle!"

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Vassago kept repeating that they had to protect the isle, but Pyro couldn't understand how he thought that was even possible. "But we're little!" he said, terror still lit on his face. "What do you want us to do? Fight? Are you crazy Vass?" he shouted, concern, fear, and finally logic kicking in.

"Dad will protect us," he assured his brother, making a huge effort to bring him back to his senses. But then again, what had Dad told Vassago about them anyway? "Why would they want to hurt us?" was the biggest question in Pyro's mind.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Pyro's resistance brought a grumble of annoyance from Vassago, who promptly sat on the ground and clawed at the earth below. 

"We won't be little forever, Pyro -- We're gunna get big, and then it'll be our job!"

Of course, in Vass' eyes, they would be grown and ready to venture out into the world in days. He didn't realize how long it would take for six months or more to pass. 

"Dad can't protect us forever, either -- I dunno why they're out for us, but they are, and I have to teach you how to fight so you're ready!"

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The angst was consuming him, making his mind run over every detail over and over as the moment to make a call came nearer. Pyro had always relied on others to take care of him, and had been planning to keep it that way for as long as he could. That was what father was there for, right? Why did that have to change now?

"I'can't!" said the kid anxiously, "I don't wanna!" he resolved, and that was it for him. The boy simply couldn't become something he was not, and he didn't see a reason to risk himself against what his brother had called 'dangerous wolves'. That was just delusional.

Pyro stormed off in that moment, away from his brother and back into the den where he hoped he'd find his parents. It was safer there, even if only for as long as it took mom and dad to come back home so Pyro could ask what his brother wasn't telling him.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Pyro continued to refuse, and though this angered Vassago, he didn't show it -- he would be the guardian of the Isle, then -- and said nothing. 

Yellow eyes followed the form of his smaller brother as he retreated, grumbling and fixing his back with a glare, but turning away himself in the next moment to batter again at the stump with renewed vigor, taking out his anger on the thing until his feet were sore. Why didn't anybody understand him?