Ravensblood Forest Just Give Me A Reason, Just A Little Bits Enough
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr had been a ghost, fading in the shadows around the Teekons - he'd spoken to few, eaten little, but was overall healthy.... At least physically. The lack of socialization not to mention being abandoned time and time again was driving him crazy, and why he turned to the coast one day he'd never know, but upon coming upon a forest heavily scented of wolves, he stopped his snowy paws and gazed into the woods - something was familiar about one of the scents here. Before he really thought much of it, he was tipping his head up and calling - for what, or who, he didn't know, but anyone was liable to help him.

Head and tail hanging low, the Maverick let his apple eyes peer curiously into the woods - it was not a bad looking place. Perhaps it was time to join another pack - Winter would soon be on the wilds, and he wasn't looking forward to the bitter cold and snow all by himself. The obsidian male waited patiently, ears cupped foward in hopes to hear someone before they saw him. 

For @Arturo and maybe @Chusi? :3
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
The call was noticed by the Fearghal monarch whom was already close by; thus it was unsurprising to find that he was the first to intercept the loner at Teaghlaigh's borders. The Ceannasach kept his posture unassuming, not yet ready to reveal his place at the head of the Family table just yet. For now, he was a guardian simply intercepting a loner at the borders: an easy enough sell given many's belief that a coywolf did not had what it took to lead. It was an ignorant belief, born of a prejudice that Arturo had long since grown tired of bearing the weight of. There was dominance in the gangster's posture, a bristle of his hackles in clear warning. They could parlay but this stranger was an unknown and had not yet given Ceannasach reason to bear trust. Not yet, anyway. “You called?” The gangster inquired, fixing the other man in his fierce gaze, fiery, red-orange eyes blazing like two aflame embers against the stark black of his mask.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The howl of her once beloved Zephyr rang through the trees, carried by the wind to the young ward. Her nose twitched and her ocher eyes sparkled, yet a sudden fear hit her. What if Zephyr was here to take her away? As much as she loved her second father, she liked it here with uncle 'Turo. He was going to teach her the ways of the warrior, provided her with food and love and everything else a young girl needed. 

Still, her curiosity got the better of her, and before she knew it she was sprinting to the borders- longer legs carrying her faster than ever before. She was just in time to hear the words of Arturo, surprised to see her caretaker here so soon. She slowed to a stop at Arturo's side, giving him a nuzzle to his shoulder if he were to let her. She refrained from seeing anything and just stood there for a moment. Perhaps he wouldn't even recognize her; she had grown an awful lot since the last time they had seen each other. 
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It was a grey and black colored coywolf that met him on the border - his dominance was not one Zephyr expected as a leader, but he was given the same respect. Here, Zephyr was nothing - and if he was talking to himself, he was nothing anyway - and held no rank, no reason for dominance. While he was already held low, the obsidian brute's spine curved and his ears fell - once, Zephyr would have laughed if you'd have told him one day he'd be submissive before a coywolf. Hell, he'd laugh if you told him he'd bow before someone else at all. Yet here he was, curling into himself and averting his apple eyes to the ground. 

"I'm looking for a new home. I'm a warrior with some vague skills in healing and experience with pups. I-"

As he looked up to see the newest member to approach, Zephyr froze. The small, dark frame - albeit much bigger than when he'd last seen her - and ocher eyes were hauntingly familiar. A gasp left his throat, and for a moment he could only gasp. She was alive! Her nuzzle to the coywolf was a blow to the heart, but her silence was even worse - she didn't even look at him! -had she even missed him? Voice choking in his throat, he called out to her. 

"C-Chusi?! You're okay! I missed you so much! I-I didn't know what to think when you and Aggie vanished...."
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Ceannasach greatly appreciated the submission that the other male showed. The gangster kept to his indifference, his fiery gaze steady upon the other male despite this. The stranger had not bothered with absent pleasantries which Arturo found himself grateful for. They both knew why he was there — as he bore no pack scent there was only one logical explanation — and being straightforward allowed for them to get right to business which was how Arturo liked to operate. Small talk was unnecessary to the Fearghal monarch and he used small talk when he meant what he was asking. Arturo was silent, respectful of the stranger as he spoke, explaining that he was a warrior and that he had vague healing skills and was good with pups. As there was only one pup in Teaghlaigh and as she was Arturo's ward and no longer in need of a sitter that particular trade was not in a high demand. That didn't mean it wouldn't become necessary in the future, and as it stood: Arturo did not involve himself in their trades for the most part. They were free to pursue what they wished.

The soft footfalls of Chusi fell upon Arturo's ears and though his gaze did not break from the stranger at his borders Ceannasach let out a low, quiet of rumble of affection when the girl nuzzled his shoulder. He was glad Chusi had came, it would do her good to see first hand how he expected her to handle loners at the borders. Yet, the atmosphere shifted violently as the loner choked out words addressing the girl by name. Yet, she had not so much as moved to greet him, had not even spoken to him. For a bizarre moment Arturo was confused and struggled to realize how he felt about this loner's claims of “missing her so much” and claimed that she and someone named Aggie (perhaps this was the one she called Darky?) had vanished. No, she had spoken of the mysterious Darky with reverence. He did not recall her ever mentioning her past caretakers aside from Lotte; of whom Arturo already knew. So, was this man her father? Her true father? No. Father wasn't a word Arturo felt her biological sire deserved. Arturo's hackles bristled at the thought of him stealing her away and it took all of his self restraint not to chase the other man away right then and there. Then again, it wasn't this stranger's choice just as it wasn't Arturo's. Chusi was old enough to make her own decisions. She wasn't a tiny infant with no voice to speak of her wishes. She would be where she wanted to be and they would listen and respect it.

Arturo was alarmed, hyper-vigilant given Chusi's naturally bubbly and affectionate disposition he sensed that something was very off in that she had not acknowledged the stranger. He did not look at her, unwilling to remove his fierce and burning gaze from the stranger. “Who are you?” Arturo demanded of the man. And how do you know my ward? the question did not spill from betwixt his lips but it was hidden between the lines of the initial demand.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Proud and (somewhat) tall the girl stood there besides her caretaker- choking on her own air but keeping as still as possible. She just kept repeating the words this is a dream, this is a dream, this is a dream over and over again in her head. It was unreal that Zephyr had found her all the way here. She had left no trail- had not even spoken directly of him ever since leaving their crooked home near the sea. She bit her lip. Why did she not feel guilty for leaving?

Her ears dropped, her ocher eyes flickering to Zephyr's and that is where she kept her gaze. So he did recognize her, despite hoe much she had grown. She guessed the white on her throat and her mother's (if not a few shades off) ocher colored eyes were dead giveaways. She cleared her throat, stepping a little closer to Arturo.

Hello, Zephyr. She spoke, ever so formerly. She did not know how to act around the two males that had both cared for her. Without Zephyr, she would've never ended up in this mess. She would've been with her mother, aaalll the way back to Rosings. Why was Zephyr here? Had mother found him and had ordered him to go out to take her back? Chusi didn't want to go back- never. Teaghlaigh was her home now.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr was shocked into silence - what was wrong with Chusi? Did she blame him? When her ears dropped, he took a step back, brow furrowing in worry and distress. He didn't miss her moving closer to her new guardian - this, too, was a blow to his heart he wasn't sure he could handle. 

"Ch-Chusi.... I'm not upset you left - and I never meant to lose you. A-Are you okay?"

He was cut off by the man she pressed against - his demand was righteous, but it irritated the obsidian brute. He was no threat to the little girl he'd saved. This was not shown in anything but the determined hardening of his eyes - his voice had not changed at all when he spoke, and his mask remained one of hurt and confusion. He'd risked everything to make sure the little girl was safe over and over - he didn't even expect her to come back to him - and she wasn't even happy he was okay?

"Zephyr Maverick. I'm the one who saved Chusi from her crazy-ass mother: I got sick and asked our traveling companion to watch after her, so she didn't fall ill as well.... When I came to look for them, they'd gone. I've been all over the Teekon's since then, hoping to find her...."

But she's found someone else. The thought went unsaid, but it was clear in the way his eyes moved again to the girl, in pain, but also acceptance - he could never be forceful, not when he'd stolen her away from Sen for such a reason. He croaked out just another sentence before tears soaked his eyes, and his jaws clamped shut to hold back his cries.

"I promised you a better life, little one, and I'm glad you've found it."
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo did not fail to notice when Chusi stepped closer to him. He did not see the action but heard it in the shift of her weight, in the soft shuffle of forest debris and dirt underfoot, and just felt the whisper of her fur brush against his. Soft, like the flutter of a butterfly's wings against skin. Arturo's breath was near inaudible as he took it, the slight move of muscle in cheek the only indication that his teeth were subtly grinding one another as his jaw clenched as the male whom Chusi had greeted as Zephyr explained to her that he wasn't upset and that he never meant to lose her. Yet, never once had he asked her if she was upset that he had disappeared. Would Zephyr's reappearance stress her out? Upset her?

If there was one thing that Arturo had picked up on when it came to Chusi: she was incredibly resilient for one so young. She was immeasurably strong and brave and Arturo felt that she deserved more than apologizes and explanations. She deserved the stability and love that he and Teaghlaigh offered her (and Lotte too). Arturo listened to what Zephyr had to say to him, answering his demand with tear-filled eyes. Perhaps Arturo should have pitied him. Yet pity was not something Ceannasach could muster. He was unsure of how he should have felt: pity? Protective? Irritation? He was taking his social cues from Chusi whom lingered very close to him, had not greeted Zephyr with her usual enthusiasm nor aggression.

“You spoke of wanting a home,” Arturo broached to Zephyr, “but before we take the conversation any further than this,” Arturo's gaze finally left Zephyr to peer down at Chusi, inclining his muzzle so he could better see her. “Chusi,” The gangster addressed his young ward with quiet authority in the smoky reticence of his deep, accented tones. “this is a Warrior lesson. You know this man. He has come to Teaghlaigh looking for a home,” Arturo's gaze flickered to Zephyr to assess the man close to sobs before them and the Fearghal monarch lifted his muzzle ever so slightly. “Your voice will weigh my decision. So, give me your honest opinion. What do you say?” He spoke with the rumbling encouragement and assurance of a father, wanting her to be honest with not just him, but Zephyr and herself as well. Of course there was a decision on Zephyr's part as well but this was just preliminary. If Chusi saw fit to give him the chance there was much to be discussed.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She bit her lip. She wished to take the blows of both the males if she could- take away their pains with a flick of her tail. Never did she consider herself in these situations, for a warrior's heart the Päiväperhonen had. A warrior went to do what's right and wasn't selfish, he or she was to protect friends and family. Yet, if she were the one defending them all... who would defend her from the blows she was taking now? I'm fhine. She answered shortly, but kept her mouth shut after. Her tongue ran over her teeth, nervous for whatever her friends were going to say. 

Her eyes shifted to Arturo, silently asking to be dismissed but knowing she couldn't just flee from this all. She nearly choked when the masked man called her name- her tail freezing in between her legs. Aggie was gone- without her, Zephyr was all alone... Puffing out her chest she took one brave step forward, muzzle pointed directly at the taller Zephyr. Her ocher eyes peered deep into his green ones, searching for anything that did not feel right. Her judgement counted, for once, and she was sure to get it right this time. She cared little for his tears, knowing it was neither his nor her fault. She blamed Aggie- she was the one who was supposed to be looking out for her. For him.

She closed her eyes, tiny diamond-like tears in the corners of her eyes. She retreated back to her former position next to Arturo. He's a friend. He has nothin' lef'. She voiced, harsher than she had intended. She looked up to her masked caretaker. I think it's fair to give 'em ah chance...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Chusi barely looked at him, didn't give him an answer - her clipped words struck him in the heart, and he didn't once think she was torn between them. Zephyr had accepted that the girl moved on, and even if it were soul wrenching, he didn't debate it. 

Arturo allowed Chusi the choice of if the ebony man got a choice, and Zephyr waited, holding his breath - these words hurt even more than the last, and he took a step back as if he was wounded. He didn't wait to talk to Arturo, shaking his head and backing away another foot. Even as he rejected the pack, his voice cracked, and his apple eyes took in every last hair of Chusi's pelt, remembering.

"No. No, I'll leave you here - I think it's better for everyone."

Nothin left. Even Chusi knew it - and his heart hurt to hear the way the coywolf spoke to her. They were bonded, happy - for him to come between this just wasnt right. The Gorgon girl didn't even look happy to see him, what was to say she really wanted him here? It would be awkward - if only for the Maverick - and it wasn't something his fragile self could accept. He would find another pack, another reason, for the only reason he'd went on, stayed around the Teekons was already happy.

"I'll visit you again when you're grown, maybe - but I don't think I should try to become a part of this family. I don't want to make things hard on you."
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo focused upon Chusi as she gathered herself, made her decision. She called her once guardian a friend and expressed that he had nothing left. Arturo nodded sagely, thoughtfully when Chusi spoke that they should give her once-guardian a chance. It was a fair deduction and Arturo wasn't about to deny the man the chance to make up for the tear between him and Chusi, nor was he going to disregard her opinion. Not when he'd specifically asked for it. Yet, the male had taken a step back, noticed by Arturo when his burning gaze snapped to the other male, noting the action with sharp observation. With cracked voice Zephyr refused. Fucking stood there and refused. After Chusi had vouched for him. Without warning, the composure, the cold and distanced exterior was melted so quickly by his wrath. “Are you fucking kidding me?” Ceannasach demanded in a low snarl, his lips curling back from his teeth. Was Zephyr really going to stand there looking all piteous only to shove what attempts Chusi was making at peace and amends back in her face?

It was a low blow and Arturo didn't appreciate it. She'd offered him a fucking olive branch and he'd swatted it out of her mouth because what? He didn't like that she didn't run to him, ecstatic? Or because Chusi hadn't turned her back upon him (Arturo)? Arturo realized that Zephyr had no idea the kind of man he was pissing off but he would learn if he didn't backpedal and think about his choice rationally; though the words had already been spoken and the girl's feelings could have already been shattered. “She vouched for you to me and you just fucking throw it back in her face?” Arturo's question was harsh, his emotions taking free range across his face. He didn't care. Chusi was Teaghlaigh. She was family. She was as good as a Fearghal and Arturo was protective over her. Because he was the head of the family and it was his job but also because he cared for her.

“You can accept her fucking offer and we talk like men and you try to fix things with her. And yeah, it's gonna take some fucking time. Children get upset with you, sometimes you hurt them and you don't mean to, but it's nothing that time, patience and backing your words up with action to prove you mean what you say can't fix,” Arturo, as a father, knew first hand. He'd had those times with all of his children (was possibly going through it currently with his eldest, Bain). Then again, Arturo had never wanted to be the father he had. Or rather, the father he didn't have. Cynbel had wanted nothing to do with him and the one time they'd met had been a lying douchebag. Arturo wasn't a perfect father but he tried his best to be what his children had needed — just as he tried now to be what Chusi needed.

“You don't get to decide what's best for her or not. She decides it. Running away isn't going to fix anything, I can tell you that much. It's going to make it worse,” Arturo's lips curled back to expose his teeth as his tail rose over his back, his hackles bristling. “You fucking walk away from her now, without even giving this a chance you don't need to fucking visit her. If you walk away ...you come anywhere near Teaghlaigh or it's surrounding territories my wolves and I will kill you.” Arturo didn't play shit when it came to The Family. They would find out just how merciless the gangster could be, and that he meant what he said when he told them The Family looks out for it's own. If his words upset Chusi then, well, they upset her and he would explain his reasoning to her later if he needed to. It was not too late to salvage what remained but that ball was in Zephyr's court once more. The gangster had lain down his ultimatum and whatever the other male decided would be it. If he decided to give it a chance it would take time for both Arturo (and maybe Chusi) to trust him but it wasn't an impossibility, yet.[/td][/tr]
[/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
W-What? She muttered slightly, taking a few steps backwards as Zephyr did also. Did he not wish to be with her? Was he jealous that Arturo had her now? Chusi felt confused and, for once, truly broken in half. His next words hurt her even more, and she swallowed loudly as tears started forming in her eyes again. She just didn't understand! She had tried to find Aggie! She had tried to get home, but a child had no true say in where it was taken. They all had been too kind to refuse- it was not her fault! It wasn't... was it? Did he even care anymore? She was ready to run away there and then, but only the angry words of Arturo kept her where she was. One tear fell from her young face and she pushed herself against her caretaker with a soft sob. Why were they all angry? Not even the new word interested her.

And there it was again- the awful-sounding word. She was scared of how mad Arturo was getting, afraid he might hurt or kill Zephyr... In a split second she grew numb, her young body overdosed on sad feelings and bitterness. She bit her lip and wiped her tears from her face with her own fur. She didn't care anymore. She had tried to do what was best, but if Zephyr would not accept her generous offer, so be it. 

She listened to her caretaker with big eyes, the new word drilled in her young, innocent mind. She silently agreed with him, though she did not wish to force anything upon her former friend and caretaker. She was happy now- wasn't she? Arturo would always be there, and from him she would never flee. But he was not quite as okay with the refusal of Zephyr as she had been, and it was clear to see she was shocked when she heard Zephyr would be killed if he wet away now and later returned. A tiny voice in her head found it justice, but the other was too scared to say anything.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Not once did Zephyr so much as react to Arturo's outburst, threats, taking them in stride without so much as a flick of his ear - Chusi's reactions were heartbreaking, yes, but he only wished to do what he thought best for her. He could care less about this man and his threats, and he sure as hell didn't give a shit if Arturo thought less of him. Shaking his head, he made to explain, but one thing the coywolf said did stick in his heart, and he shut his jaws to think - it was not his decision on what was best for her. It was the cold, hard truth - though Zephyr assumed he was doing the right thing, he could not know. 

"I'll only give it a chance if she truly wants me here - I don't want pity because I have nothing and everyone feels sorry for me, I don't want a chance to impress you just for her to be uncomfortable. I want her to genuinley want me here, for me to make things better, for her to be happy. If that's what she wants, I'm willing to talk things out - but that's not my decision, you're right."

Without another word, his apple eyes fell to Chusi. He was happy to leave - some part of him hoped it, with such a harsh alpha - but it was her next words that would decide his own fate. Arturo, he could learn to accept - perhaps he was being too quick to judge in his haze of pain, and the coywolf was truly only protecting the girl. That didn't make it hurt less, especially since it was Chusi he was protecting, but like most things here, he didn't comment.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo's muscles tensed when he felt Chusi press herself against him with a soft sob. His hackles bristled against his spine, if his looks could cut his gaze would be cutting Zephyr. Chusi's reaction only reaffirmed Arturo's belief that he was right in making his threat. Any wolf that was willing to hurt another over and over didn't deserve their love. He had came with apologizes, had spoke that he hadn't meant to hurt her and yet here he was fucking hurting her. Directly. Arturo had a hard time believing that this wasn't intentional. Perhaps it hadn't been intentional the first time but any beast truly sorry wouldn't be so eager to slap her in the face and hurt her further. If not for the fact that he had just given his word the coywolf would have loved nothing more than to chase the bastard from his lands for this. It was grounds for it. Teaghlaigh was family and Zephyr's slight to Chusi was a slight to Arturo and every single one of The Family. That was how their family worked.

It was obvious to Arturo that the male was ignoring him. Mistake. Ignoring Arturo Fearghal was not a good idea. His threats were not empty: he meant them. They were promises and Arturo, a man of his word, kept his promises. “I don't pity you,” Arturo corrected Zephyr, his lip curling back at the word. In truth, Arturo couldn't care less what Zephyr had or didn't have. Any pity he might have felt had long since burned away to ash with the way he treated Chusi. “The only reason you're still standing there is because I gave her my word that she would make the decision.” Arturo didn't think he deserved the third chance since he had thrown her second chance back in her face and if not for his own intervention there was little doubt in the gangster's mind that Zephyr would have walked.

Arturo supposed he should have been more sympathetic. It wasn't easy being a father, and he doubted that Zephyr had any children of his own. There had been no manual for it and Arturo hadn't had anyone's wisdom to go off of. It had been all trial and error with his first litter. A very large part of Arturo hoped that Chusi would tell him to get lost, but that was because he no longer though Zephyr deserved her kindness. Despite his own selfish wishes he would respect what she decided, as they'd established. One step at a time, he reminded himself, fixing his ward in his burning gaze from the corner of his eye. Her fur had tear streaks and his heart clenched with pain that she was hurting. A low growl rumbled in his chest but he would not back out on his decision. The ball was, once more, in Chusi's court and as much as Arturo suddenly wanted to shield her from all of this he understood that, in the end, it would help her to either make her amends or make her peace with the man before them.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
First lively eyes looked dully at her former friend with a slight frown, dried tear trails itching on her cheeks. Right, if he didn't want to be here with her and The Family, so be it. She would not force him, she would not punish him for what he was doing now, but she would make sure he'd be very sorry in the future. A flash of pain raced through her stomach that was twisting in weird ways it seemed as she looked at Zephyr. Alone, broken- perhaps even jealous. But it didn't faze her anymore. As he said, she would not pity him. 

At least she could say she had tried- unlike Zephyr. Memories of their journey, who were first pleasant and dreamy, were turning grim and painful for her young mind. But she'd be able to forget them. She'd be able to forget Zephyr all together. She was not bound to him by an oath- she had never been. Not even by blood were they bounded, and that made it all the easier to let it go. She stepped before Arturo, pressing the side of her head on his chest, ocher eyes never leaving Zephyr's face. Fihne then, go! She said, her voice anything but unstable and innocent.

If ya don't wannah be here, just go! Just make suhre to nevah return!
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The leader was quite clearly pissed - be it from the way this meeting itself was going or his lack of a reaction, he didn't know - and Zephyr backed away. The look on Chusi's innocent little face broke his heart, but her decision was clear even before she opened her mouth.... Either way, her decisive and very grown up words were like fangs in his throat, making it hard to breathe. He only nodded to her, whispering a faint and strained:

"Goodbye, Chusi." "I love you."

As he was shutting his jaws, declaration of love went unsaid yet somehow hanging in the air, he turned tail and bolted as fast as his stumbling paws and tear-blinded eyes would let him - he had no wishes to be faced with her angry caregiver, nor did he want to see his rejection shining back at him through her glaring ocher eyes. "Just make suher to nevah return!" Her words bounced in his ears, but whether it was out of worry for Arturo's reaction or her own hurt, he didn't know: he could only hope to see her again one day, when she was older and might understand why he'd not joined. 

Sorry it didn't work out guys, but this was fun nonetheless. :3 Might throw him at the borders again in a few weeks to stir shit anyway lol, get someone a new merc thread!  Gonna leave this open for you two to wrrap it up or talk or whatever, but Zephyr's out!
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Going to wrap this up. Slight pp of Chusi with permission from Marie.

Chusi re-aligned herself so that the side of her face was pressed against his chest, though Arturo was unsure whether the girl sought comfort or she sought to keep him in check. She needn't bother if it was the latter. Arturo had made his position clear to Zephyr: if he came near their borders or in the surrounding territories of Ravensblood Forest he would be killed. The kill order would be sent out to the wolves of Teaghlaigh and Ceannasach knew that they would not disobey him. For if they did they would suffer the same fate. Zephyr deserved the death threat on his head. He had indirectly insulted Chusi and hurt her — thus he had indirectly insulted and hurt Teaghlaigh. Besides, any man who truly loved his child would not so willingly turn his back on her. His unspoken i love you hung in the air, eliciting a scoff from the gangster. Running away, refusing the second chance wasn't love. It was cowardice. It was (or so Arturo believed): things didn't go my way so I'm going to throw a pity party and if things still don't go my way I'm going to run away'. Arturo was disgusted and though it did not show on the stony, angered expression of his face he was glad that Chusi had told him to leave.

Despite that he knew that she was hurting, and as if she were his own flesh and blood he hurt for her though he knew that he could never shoulder the pain and rejection she was now faced with. If he could, he would take the burden from her. Arturo had learned long ago to conceal, don't feel manipulate pain to make him stronger. This, too, would make Chusi stronger. As far as Arturo was concerned it showed Zephyr's true colors to the girl. It was a shame because Arturo would not have intervened if the the meeting would have went differently. He would have let them rediscover their battered and broken relationship with one another. If Chusi would have began to think of Zephyr as a father opposed to her Arturo wouldn't have fussed about it. He would always be her Ceannasach, her mentor. Yet, it had gone rather unfavorably and though he was not disappointed Chusi remained his ward.

Arturo watched Zephyr leave, fully intending on following him to ensure he fled even their surrounding territories, but was not so eager to leave Chusi. Without another word, when her ex-guardian was out of sight she pulled abruptly away from him, turned tail and ran into the heart of Ravensblood. He glimpsed over his shoulder to watch her, deliberating. For a moment Arturo was torn, but in the end decided to let her be, to let her have her time to herself to process. They would talk about it later, when she was ready. Thus, he followed Zephyr's trail closely, only doubling back to finish his patrol once he was certain that the male was gone.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth