Two Rivers Isle We ride at dawn
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
All Welcome 
this one's for @Malice but dad and bro can join too if they want!

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" he shouted as soon as the first ray of light crept into the den. He'd been awake for hours, awaiting the precise moment desperately, struggling to contain his thrill. And when it happened he jumped on top of his mother roughly, probably awakening @Burke and @Vassago too involuntarily. But he didn't care, today was the day!

"The sun's up, mom! You said we could go scouting at dawn!!" he informed her desperately. He had asked the night before if they could explore, but he hadn't taken his mother'smood into account, and her negativity extended to Pyro's request. But she had promised they could go in the morning, and Pyro would take no less.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The thump at her side, however soft by the boy's size, shocked her awake. Whu- wha- huh? She said sleepily, looking around the den for anything that was off or threatening. Then the memory sprung back into her head, and she let out a soft grunt. Why did she want to be a good mother again? She lied herself back down with another grunt. 5 more minutes... She responded, already closing her eyes again before they shot an angry glare at the either sleeping or awake Vassago. She still was mad at her eldest son for his behavior and foolishness, and it would take some time before she would even consider making it up with him.

The sun's only barely awake- and I am too... She sighed, but got up anyway. She was not one to go back on her promises- and her youngest son was not a wolf she wanted to disappoint. Oh, fine then. But how about we catch breakfast first? She asked, her belly rumbling slightly. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
It was not Pyro's yell that woke him, but the sudden movement very close to him - A growl rumbled in his throat just before his yellow eyes snapped open, and as he propped himself up on an elbow, a yawn split his jaws. It was clear his younger brother was expecting something, but what he didn't know. 

"Huh?"

The older sibling mumbled to his brother wearily, but at his mothers movement, he too stood. Another yawn gripped him, but the promise of food was enough in itself to draw him to follow after the two darker figures.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
it took me a whole damn month to reply to this
i am the worst

The joy was uncontainable, so much that he didn't even remember what he was so excited about... Oh yeah! They were going beyond the rivers today! And although food sounded very much delicious and necessary Pyro couldn't wait anymore. "No ma! Let's go!" he urged, pulling her out of the den by the loose skin on her neck. Once out he let go of her he rushed ahead, failing to jusm over a fallen tree and falling right on his face. But he was a puppy, and the natural laws of pain are often wonky on those so he simply got up to rush back to his mom with another "COME ON!"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She grunted again, looking proudly at her son and rolled her eyes. Alright, alright, you little fuzzball. She said, wiggling her butt from between the many bodies as her youngest son attempted to drag her outside. of course this did not work, but Malice pretended it did and let her body stumble out of the opening. To Vassago she shot a glare - warning him that he should stay in or near the den. She had only promised a trip to Pyro, and she was sure Burke could entertain their eldest very well too. 

So, where do you want to go. She asked, stretching herself out with a yawn.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Well, last post from Vass then.

Vassago was confused by Pyro's excitement, but was happy to follow behind both.... Until Malice turned back and warned him off. His yellow eyes shone with the hurt of her rejection and her meanness towards him lately, and Vassago loosed only one snarl before turning, pelt raised, into the den. He'd been woken up to go on an adventure, get food, and spend time with his family, just to be turned away. It was monumentally unfair in Vass' eyes, Pyro being favored over him -- but it was not his younger brother that earned his ire that day. Grumbling, Vass curled his little chestnut body into the smallest, darkest crevice of the den he could get to, shoulders hunched forward in his sorrow, but unwilling to start anything (else) with his parents right now. He would nap off his anger for a little bit before vanishing into the growth of the Isle, not to be bothered by anybody for many hours.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Pyro didn't even notice the ongoing tryst between his mother and Vassago, for he was simply too excited to even care. He'd been promised a trip, wherever he wanted to go, and he would damn right make the most of it while he had the chance.

His mother stumbled out of the den with his pull, and Pyro squealed joyfully as she emerged. He had already decided what he wanted to do this time around, and he was ready for the adventure. "I want to see what's beyond the rivers, ma!" he informed her, already leading the way towards the western borders.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
finally all stretched and awakened further by the light of the rising sun and the somewhat chilly breeze, she shook out her dark chocolate fur. While not very fit, she would try her very hardest to make sure Pyro was satisfied today. She wanted to be the greatest mother to both of her little boys, even if one clearly had some behavioral issues.

She followed her youngest son as he vaguely informed where he wanted to go, shaking her tail nervously. She did not want to teach him how to swim, but she supposed she could drag him to the other side of the river without much trouble. She knew it might upset Vassago, but she had promised a trip to wherever he wanted to Pyro, and she was not about to limit his options just now. She wished she had been clearer though. Alright, but not too far. I will help you get... across the river. I do not want you to attempt it on your own; not now or in the future, deal? She asked him, clearly a bit tense about this all.  
~Adopt Avalon!~

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
There was simply too much excitement about the journey for Pyro to even care about the limitations. Mom had agreed to take him beyond the rivers, and that was all that Pyro wanted that day, he simply couldn't ask for more. "Yes mom!" he agreed shaking his head yes, hardly even able to keep still in his paws as he pulled towards the river while his airy spirit filled the land with laughter and joy. He had always wondered what was out there, why they were not allowed to go beyond, but today he would finally find out.

Once they reached the streaming water Pyro stopped his advance. His previous joyful mood turned into anxiety the moment he remembered what had happened that time, and his breathing turned heavy. Why hadn't he thought about that before? "Mom?" he called, not sure what to do next.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
A satisfied smile danced on her lips and her scarred eye was focused on her youngest as he seemed to be more excited than ever before. If only he did know what was out there... No, now was not the time to think about that. She would not take him far - she would not allow him to be in any kind of danger. Just a tiny bit beyond the river was good enough for now, to give him a taste of what the life was beyond their safe boundaries. It was hard for her to even keep up with her son, but eventually they reached the river.

She smiled at Pyro as he seemed not to know what to do - good, that meant he had not attempted it before. The water doesn't bite - it is just cold and pretty strong, a bit like your father. She giggled, stepping into the water quite easily. Pyro was too big to carry, and so she would stay on his left side to hold him against the pull of the river and to prevent him from drifting away. She was like a really big rock.
~Adopt Avalon!~