Sunbeam Lair Dont threaten me with a good time
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Private 
//@Asterr checkup time? also serious conversation.

Avannon wandered aimlessly, her heart in a state of deep trouble. Jolon had left to find Judas, to bring the monster here for punishment. Jolon was gone. Gone and not to come back for such a long time. A whimper left her mouth and she plopped down on the ground. why would Asterr send him alone? yes he needs to prove himself, but what if the pack holds him captive? the thought sent ripples of fear and panic down her spine and her fur raised. With odd timing the memory of something Asterr had said came to the front of her mind "come to me in a few weeks time to see if he left children in your womb" or something along those lines. Snorting she figured she could just ignore that instruction, as it had been quite a bit of time since the incident and she felt no changes. Doubting herself for a moment she sighed and supposed it was better to be safe than sorry. lifting her muzzle to the air, she called for Asterr's presence hoping she wasn't interupting an important moment with Asterr's little dragons. Maybe she could se them? no, she would wait for that.

As Avannon waited for either an answer or Asterr herself, she thought about what she would do if she was pregnant. She didn't want to have Judas's children, but surely it was wrong to just rid herself of Pups? sighing she dismissed the decision for later. Now was the time she would ponder over how to ask Asterr for the privilege of punishing Judas herself.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Assuming that Asterr told her about Jolon leaving BTS.

Avannon’s worries were not meant to be made into a reality, for away from her children had the dragoness been. Not far, of course, but there’d been enough of space between them that she’d not had to ensure they each stayed put whilst she began moving. It was actually around the lake that she’d been lingering, planning something that would come soon enough, but was not yet ready. Given that there was still plenty of time before she truly needed to finish it, the girl had not been bothered by the request for her presence. She had dropped what she was doing—metaphorically speaking, that is—and began her trek through the lair. She did not move with a rushed pace, having chosen to keep things easy for the time being. When she’d eventually stopped, she was but a short length away from the pallid woman, well within speaking distance.

“Has something happened?” Asterr asked, the query having come immediately. Though there hadn’t been any panic in her tribe member’s voice, she’d still felt it best to be absolutely sure—especially after what had happened to her.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
//Jolon told her, not Asterr. Avannon knows.

It had been a few moments, but Avannon had waited patiently knowing her leader would come. "No, Nothing has happened. I was actually thinking it might be a good time to check for...for children" she said, having a hard time calling whatever he may have left "Children". Swallowing nervously, she shifted her weight "i dont feel different, but i am not knowledgable in those things.." she added quickly, looking at the dirt focusing her blue eyes on an insect that was travelling between her paws. She would ask about the wretched male's punishment later, her check up came first. She could smell something different on Asterr, a sweetish scent that created a deep yearning within her breast and a fluttering of her heart. She knew it by Instinct, she was smelling Asterr's little dragons. She couldn't help but give a small swish of her tail, as she drew in one more breath. She wanted to ask of them, surely Asterr wouldn't mind? "what are their names? if you dont mind me asking of course" she asked, almost breathless with curiosity for the new members of the tribe. For the first time ever, she looked Asterr straight on eager eyes looking at the Chieftess's own gaze.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I was referring to this post, where Jolon requested that Asterr tell Avannon ‘goodbye’ for him. ^^

With the reason behind her being called there revealed, Asterr felt a twinge of guilt. She had been busy preparing for her daughters, and then with raising them, and so she’d forgotten all about having told the other female to visit her. Thankfully, nothing had come out of her time spent with Judas, for it would be too late now to terminate the pregnancy without first bringing harm to Avannon. “You are not pregnant,” the chieftess stated, having need only take a quick glance to determine such. “Enough of time has passed that you would have been showing by now, but you are not. You are lucky.” Not a single child had grown within her, which came as a great relief for numerous reasons. Not only would she not need to raise a brood that she’d likely detest, but the lair’s resources would not have to be shared with unwanted children. In the end, it seemed as if everything had worked out. Now all that was left was to take care of Judas.

The names of her children were requested, which had led to her smiling. Never would she pass up an opportunity to talk about them, having adored them since even before they were born. “Airi, Kaori, and Shiori,” she answered. “They will be ready to meet the tribe soon.” Just a short while longer, and then they could be introduced to the others. Asterr was, of course, curious to see how the girls would react to strangers, as well as how the tribe would react to them.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
// whoops haha ^_^''

Avannon sighed with relief, though she had guessed the information already. Watching Asterr smile, she realized she had never seen the woman smile before, and it brought a smile to her own face. Asterr was beautiful, but the smile only heightened it. Asterr spoke the names of her children, and Avannon's smile turned into a pleased grin "beautiful names, i cannot wait to meet them" she said eagerly. Then her eyes darkened and she frowned "I...i hate to bring this up..but i have a request that ties in to Judas being brought back here." she said, and realizing Asterr didn't know that Jolon had told her she smiled sheepishly ears flicking backward nervously "Jolon told me about his mission..." she murmured, glancing away nervously and hoping she didn't just cause Jolon more trouble.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Just as the tribe was, surely, eager to meet the dragoness’ young, she was eager to introduce them. It was bound to be a grand experience for them, one that she hoped would go well. There was no telling what might happen, however, for the future was unforeseeable. Yet, she was confident, trusting that neither her daughters nor her tribe would cause a great disturbance. It would be a celebratory day for the lot of them, she would make sure of it. Any that acted in a negative manner on said day of introductions would, without a doubt, receive an earful from the young mother. Asterr was sure something like that would not be necessary however, and so her smile hadn’t slipped for even a second as she said, “I am sure that they are excited to meet everyone as well.” Each girl had shown how driven they could be by curiosity alone, which would work in the favour of her plans.

Just as quickly as the conversation had turned light, it’d grown serious once again. Judas was mentioned, and it was then observed that the pale woman had grown nervous. Asterr shook her head, dismissing whatever might by troubling the other, and said, “His mission was never meant to be kept secret, it simply was not announced for all to hear.” There had been no point in doing so, as far as she could see. Jolon had been given a mission, and it was his duty to complete it. To go around and tell everyone about it individually had seemed redundant, and so she’d not done so. At the same time, however, she’d not ordered that he keep quiet about it, having known that he might wish to tell a few others in case they wondered about his whereabouts.

“What is the request that you would like to make?” asked the chieftess, interested to learn about what was weighing on her mind. Whilst one could, perhaps, piece together numerous assumptions as they awaited an answer, she did no such thing. To assume would only cause trouble, and so her own mind was kept clean as Avannon was given a moment to form her words.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon was relieved that asterr was not mad, though if she knew anything at all about her chieftess it was that Asterr was logical. She hesitated briefly before stating her request, but when the words came out they were spoken strongly, and Avannon's posture even regained some of the strength that it used to have before the incident "I wish to provide Judas's punishment. Whatever it may be, i wish to be the one to give it to him. Whether it be death, a wound, or public embarrassment i want to be the one to bring him to justice" she said and looked at Asterr "It may seem odd, but i believe that if I am the one to make him suffer like he did to me, then i might be able to move on" she explained.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The request made was understandable, but not something that the chieftess currently believed to be the best option. Avannon would be acting based on her own rage, and by allowing her to deliver the punishment, Asterr would be contributing to that. She was uncertain about the entire thing, not yet knowing what the best course of action might be. It could help her move on if she were to be allowed to punish the beast, but, at the same time, it could also push her back several steps. There was no way to tell for sure exactly how such an event would affect her until the time came. It was for that very reason that a clear answer could not be given right then and there.

“I will consider your request,” she said. “If Judas is brought to us, I will then decide if you may be the one to punish him or not.” As the current chieftess, it was her responsibility to think about what was best for the tribe as a whole. Whilst the feelings of individuals could be considered, too, she had to operate with the majority in mind. Attacking her attacker could very well send her spiraling downwards, which would put everyone else in harm’s way. Since she couldn’t allow for anyone to be injured under her watch, her final answer would need to be given a great deal of thought.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon watched Asterr's face silently as the chieftess thought about her request. Finally the obsidian colored woman spoke up, and Ava listened to her decision. It was not the best answer, but it was a wise one and Avannon knew it. Blinking once she dipped her head looking back up at her leader "Thank you for choosing to consider it" she replied her voice soft.

A though struck her suddenly, and she frowned knowing it wasn't a good thing to bring up, not yet. However, honesty was something Avannon took seriously and she wanted to be honest with Asterr. "Im unaware if you already know this, But i love Jolon. I understand he did something horrible to you, something that was done to me as well. I am sorry for that, even though it wasn't me who caused you harm. Jolon wasn't...well,Jolon when he did that. I know that isn't an excuse by any means, but i want you to know that I feel safe with Jolon, and loved by him. i want to be his mate evntually Asterr." she said, stammering over a few words and flattening her ears, claws scraping at the dirt nervously.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The decision to which she would come was something that she could not even begin to predict. A great deal of thought would need to go into it, that way she would be certain that the correct option was chosen. It was good, too, that Jolon was not expected back for a long while, for she felt as if she just might need all of that time in order to figure everything out. Avannon’s feelings were not the only ones that she had to remain aware of, she knew, which was likely what made her request out to be as difficult as it was. “You are welcome,” she’d said, and then the topic was dropped. It would linger within the back of her mind for as long as it took for Judas to be brought to them, pros and cons alike being added into it.

Just like the first topic, the next was a troublesome one to approach. For a long while the vessel was silent, her gaze unwavering. She had suspected that there was something going on between the duo back when Avannon had returned after the incident, but to hear the female say that she loved him was most unusual. How anyone could love someone like that, she did not know, but it was not her place to judge—not yet, anyways. In the afterlife, her requests would be fulfilled by Draco, but until then it was her responsibility to keep the peace, not destroy it. “I have not forgiven him,” the girl said. “But your feelings are something that I know I am unable to change. If you care for him, then so be it. I will name you as being responsible for him.” If she wished to someday call him her mate, then she would need to be capable of managing him. Assist him, even, with controlling his instincts, for it had become apparent that the dragoness would never be able to do so. She could not do to him as she had Noctura, but she hoped that someone else might be able to. For the sooner he had the proper amount of guidance in his life, the sooner everyone within the tribe could be considered safe once again.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
The topic was one Avannon knew Asterr would not be comfortable wth, though to her surprise the chieftess remained calm....Stony almost. "Understandable" she said when Asterr spoke of not forgiving Jolon. Avannon knew all to well that her lover would probably never be close to Asterr the way he once was. She knew she herself would never forgive Judas. Asterr went on to speak of her feelings, to which Avannon nodded. It was the woman's next words that made her face blank wth surprise "R...responsible?" she stammered. Asterr made it sound like Jolon was some monster to be kept in chains, like he needed a keeper, a master. Fire flared in Avannon's gaze and she opened her mouth, her face that was once open and respectful toward her chieftess now showing cold emotion "Though Jolon is not a monster that needs keeping...i will take responsibility for him" she agreed, tone turning bitter on the word she detested to use. "Thank you for your understanding Asterr" she added in a slightly warmer tone toward the woman who had taken her in. Avannon did not want her aggravation to be known, though she assumed Asterr would have picked up on it anyway, the Woman was not stupid by any means.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
To remain calm externally throughout the entire conversation was an easy thing to do, however problematic she believed the entire situation to be. There was a moment during which she had believed Ezimette to have been lucky, for her leaving had taken her far away from a beast that lacked control. She knew not where the female had gone, or if she even lived, but still had the thought crossed her mind. It was brief, however, waved away shortly after it’d appeared so that she could think clearly. It was not within her capabilities to change the emotions of those that surrounded her, for often did the mind work in mysterious ways; attraction as a whole had always been peculiar to her, and the situation with Jolon and Avannon only contributed to said opinion. It did not make sense to her, and likely never would, especially given the trauma that the pale woman had experienced.

There was a shift in the other female’s expression, as well as in the way she spoke. Asterr, of course, disagreed with her statement, having seen firsthand the evidence that proved the man was a monster. And yet, in spite of that, she had been kind enough to allow for him to not only remain within the lair, but to continue to mingle with the rest of the tribe and form relations. By making his supposed lover responsible for him, she was doing the both of them a favour. For that reason, she’d not appreciated the tone used with her at all. Yet, the dragoness did not snap at her. She kept herself together, then said, “You are welcome,” when thanks were given. The way she’d been spoken to had been ignored for now, though it had been added onto her growing frustrations. For how long it’d be now before she lost herself, it was unclear, but the buildup was slowly becoming overwhelming.

“I should go and check on the hatchlings,” Asterr stated, excusing herself. “I do hope that the rest of your day will go well. I will continue to think about your request.” With a nod of her head, the Chieftess would then move around the woman and head off towards her den, needing to be soothed by the smiling faces of her daughters.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Archiving, thank you for the thread!

Avannon stiffened as Asterr approached, expecting a rebuke. The woman had not seemed pleased by her tone, something that both pleased and frightened Ava dearly. Would Jolon be punished due to her actions? Would she be punished? If so, she would of course take it, but she wouldn't be sure she would so so without a fight. Loyalty began to be doubted only for a few seconds before she decided that Asterr was acting appropriately, though sometimes it seemed to Avannon that the leader had no emotional reaction to anything. Confused and tired, the white female found her spot in the Lair and took a long, fitful nap.