Cricket Creek Bog Friends in Short Supply
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
FINALLY GOT A POST UP!!!!!!! Im just going to date this for today (Oct 23) I don't see a huge reason to back date.

Shalon stood on the border of the Glade, she was a little worried to be leaving so quickly after the pups had been born. Not one litter! But TWO litters. Quite frankly Shalon was out of her element when it came to pups, so she had given them a large birth. Even having just met the two princesses and the two prince's had been a little bit to much for the poor Duchess. Of course they were adorable, and her maternal instinct told her that she wanted one! But it brought forth terrible memories of her own mother and her little brother, memories that told her she would probably never had any children of her own, lest they go through what she had to go through as a pup. Instead she decided that her best action would be to protect them, and that is what she did. She patrol the border almost day and night, Shalon wasn't one to sleep often, sometimes she went a couple days without sleeping. This made her the perfect patrol wolf. She had only had one encounter with a wandering wolf which she had sorted, although not completely unscathed. Her shoulder and chest harboured an aggressive tear caused by the jaws of another canine. It was still terribly sore, she walked gingerly trying to avoid moving her shoulder any more than necessary.

With a small sigh she figured now was the best time to leave however, and that made her nervous. Nervous that something might happen while she was away. But it was the best time to go, both mothers were still within there dens, and the pups couldn't wander off on their own, so Shalon raised her snout to the sky and let out a howl. Letting @Alder and @Aspen known that she was leaving. When her song was done, she let out another calling for @Freya.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She heard the call from Shalon and because it was directly for her she ran to her. The howl sounded as though it was from within the border but once she saw Shalon it seemed she was just over it. Once she saw her in no grave danger or with any injuries she slowed her pace and walked up to her. Face to face with her she stated "Hello Shalon. You requested my presence?"
Always open for trade thread.
Freya is looking to gain Chronicler and Councelor trades
with Historian and Advisor Specialties.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
As Shalon waited for the woman, and was glad when she arrived. "I did," She nodded slowly, "I am headed out to try and mark up a treaty with the Silvertip Mountain pack. I was going to ask you to keep and eye on Alder and Aspen, but it might be an asset if you come with me. Two seems more 'official' I suppose." Shalon generally liked to travel alone and so this was a big step to ask another to join her. "If you are willing to join me that is." She hadn't really asked, rather left it in Freya's court to decide. Shalon wished to know more of the girl, she was growing close to Alder and especially Aspen, and Shalon knew little about her. Other than a vague story of her time in her sisters pack. This trip would give Shalon a god opportunity to learn more of the woman.

She was also under no illusion that she was invinsible, with this wound on her shoulder she might need back up. It was healing fine, it had been a week now since she had warded of the small female, and with Eden's help it had been healing rather swiftly, but she was still stiff. She would rather Nico come with her as back up, but Shalon had seen little of the male recently. This would also allow Freya a chance to gain experience in her trade. Shalon watched the girl with her silver orbs, waiting for an answer.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
A treaty with another pack? Freya didn't know about any ememies or allies of the Court, but alliances were always better. Aspen and Alder had the entire pack to look after them, yes another would help but Shalon going on her own was more risky then leaving the King and Queen with one less member for the time. Getting out of the borders would aslo free Freya from all the pups of the pack.

It had been awhile since things had happened in her sister's pack, but it wasn't something that could be easily forgotten. She still felt side when she was new born pups, thinking of her own. Getting out would allow her to clear her head and prepare herself to enter the borders again. The pack was now comprised of half adults and half pups, she would need to learn to get over her feelings if she ever planned to advise. Not being able to be around half of the pack wouldn't be an option.

Thinking all these things over she replied to Shallon. "I'd be glad to join you."
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded with a small smile, "Good." She headed off in the direction of the mountain know as Silvertip, it had been a few months since she had truly left the borders of the Court and it was exhilerating to say the least. It reminded her of the years she spent on her own, and the freedoms that came with being a loner. Of course pack life was better as Shalon had quickly found out, but there something about being without responsibilities that gave Shalon a small spring in her step. "Shall we?" She threw over her shoulder as she continued on her way.

Shalon was glad that Freya had agreed to come with her, she could get to know the girl more, although she wasn't sure where to start. She guessed the easiest place to begin would be the her settling in, things had changed drastically in the last few weeks, with the so many pups it was hard not to notice. "So?" She ventured clearing her throat a little, "How are you liking the Court so far? Settling in ok?" Shalon hated small talk, but it was a necessity in her line of work now. Although she still prefered getting right to the point, some delicacy was usually required before being blunt.
Shalon's Pawprints 
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sorry school the last couple days has been crazy

Shalon began to walk in the direct Freya assumed the possible allied pack was. Freya followed behind as Shalon asked if they would begin. Once far enough from the pack borders the land became moist and small pools of water became visable. They were entering what appeared to be a swamp or a bog. Following in Shalon's steps and trying to avoid the puddles of water.

After while Shalon asked how Freya was settling in with the court. "I like it alot. I think I'm getting along well with everyone." 
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded her head, "Good I'm glad to hear that." The ground was soft, and her paws were becoming muddy from the dirt. Not that she cared very much. She glanced over her shoulder quickly, the pale female might mind a little more than Shalon herself did. "And how does it feel to be away for a little while, pack life can be stiffling sometimes." She often wondered if others felt the same way, Shalon having been alone the majority of her life enjoyed being away if only for a moment. "I suppose having been in a pack for a long time makes you used to it though." She continued on their path, a quick pace being set, Shalon didn't want to be away for to long. Especially with all the pups at home, two able body adults being away for to long would not be a good thing for the pack.
Shalon's Pawprints 
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Freya was both glad and a bit down about being away from the pack. She wanted some time away from all the new pup arrivals but she wanted to be a chroniclors. All the time she was away was time where she wasn't doing her job. Along with her past, Freya wasn't used to pups. Her sisters pack was a royals only breeding pack, and her sister had never given birth to any heirs. "I'm used to a busy pack, but not to all the new pups." 
This trip did conflict with Freya's chroniclor trade but it would assis her advisor trade which is why she was comming along. Aswell as to help Shalon. "What is the packs history with the Silvermountain Pack?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
"The pack doesn't have much history with the Silvertip Mountain Pack, I just happen to be friends with the Alpha of the pack. I thought it would be a good idea to branch out, ask other packs for alliances." Shalon looked over at Freya, "We are still a young pack, any help would be helpful." They continued on their way, the ground continuing to dampen, and although summer was quickly coming to an end there was still a hint of humidity in the air in the bog they now traversed. "Were there no pups in your natal pack?" Shalon was genuinly curious about other pack, having no experience aside from the fire court.
Shalon's Pawprints 
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Freya soaked in the information of the pack, of what little information Shalon had about it. Freya was used to enemies of the pack or alliances that weren't real alliances. More of other packs fearing her sisters and doing all they could to stay on her good side. This would be a good learning experience for her. This pack was so different then her sisters. Even though it was a pack based on royalty they were much less strict. With three litters of pups being born and new members at every turn.

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted as Shalon asked about pups in her former pack. The memories of Freya's children came to her mind as they were once the only pups of the pack. Continuing to walk quietly, Freya at first didn't have a responce. It was getting to the point where Freya was having a hard time keeping all these feelings in. Not expressing a single feeling other then when the incident ocurred. Still now showing no signs of distress other then her delayed responce.

"My sister had no offspring when I was in the pack. She was much more strict about who was allowed to mate within the pack. 
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded her head, she could only assume that most packs were more strict considering her own pre-birth excil from her mothers pack. Her own upbringing had been unsanctioned and therefore she had not been welcomed into her moths pack. Even if she was the grand-daughter of the alpha pair. Shalon merely nodded to the girl, she assumed that once the pack had more of a foot hold there would be more control set in regards to breeding. And hopefully by then Alder might have a hold of his hormones, Shalon wasn't sure if the pack could go through another year of him having more than one litter. And frankly she was sure that Aspen would not tolerate as such. 

Continuing in there path Shalon spoke smoothly, "Then you must know how I fell! Having no experience with pups." She looked at her travelling companion wondering if indeed they were of the same background, she was rather nervous with so many pups it was hard to know how to react. The ground still mush between her paws, she shook a chunk of mud from between her toes. Suddenly uncomfortable in the think goo beneath her.
Shalon's Pawprints 
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Hey traveling companion Shalon expressed sympathy assuming that her and Freya had the same feeings about the packs new flood of pups. To which Freya replied further expressing the situation and discomfort with it. "I can be over whelming, especially with so many littlers, and especially when its happens all at one time." she spoke realizing everytime how this situation was unique and trouble some.

She kept to the grass or what could still be called grass, trying to to step in the mud and dirty her coat too much. she hoped that their entire andventure wouldn't consist of them going through such muc the whole time.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon agreed with the slight nod of her head, the ground getting slightly firmer underpaw. "You ever thought of having pups one day?" It was a rather off handed question, one she hadn't really put any thought into. Shalon herself couldn't answer her own question. Sure she wanted a pup or two oneday, put she knew that there would probably never be anyone around long enough for her to actually consider mating with. That is if Aspen and Alder even gave anyone else permission after this years swarm.

Shalon peered over her shoulder and followed Freya's lead, sticking to the grass as best she could. She didn't mind the mud, but it was draining her stamina pretty bad. She could feel the pants in her voice.
Shalon's Pawprints 
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
This conversation was getting rather uncomfortable for Freya. She had left the pack for some air and now it seemed to be the only thing the two were talking about. She spead up her pace slightly, almost unknowingly. She wanted out of this swampy area as well as this conversation. She wasn't ready to reveal her past to the others yet and keeping it hidden seemed to be more and more of a difficulty. 

Had she thought of having pups before, of course. She had already had them  and that had turned out very bad. If she were ever to have another litter she would have to get over her past one as well as have undying faith in her new mate and partner. Almost blurting out of no where she said "I've thought about it but would never consider it without the proper mate." 
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded, "Of course." She watched closely as the girl over took her position and decided to increase her pace. Stopping sligthly, she let the woman escape her. Giving her distance. 

Perhaps getting know the girl was going to be harder than I once thought.

Shalon thought wearily, with a sigh. Nothing was ever easy anymore. With a small shrug she followed behind the girl. For now she would let the girl wander off, giving her the space she needed to breath, the real reason she had come. Although Shalon had alterior motives in asking the girl to accompany her, rather the Duchess and the Queen wanted to know more about one of there newest arrivals, and this was the golden opportunity. She would let the girl breath, until they reached the pack they were looking for. It was going to be a long week.

[oor] going to wrap this one up and start another in the Silvermountain Territory.... [/ooc]
Shalon's Pawprints