Ravensblood Forest Baby's Breath
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Joining 
Keep your eyes open. Just keep looking straight Honey, you're doing fine.
The day was fading into night, the warm into cold. Shelter was her top priority; Honey was vulnerable while she was alone, especially now that her hour of estrus had begun it's rise. Despite her size, she had no developed defense, thus her well-being depended on her ability to find a place to hide, and the faster the better. With her tail lowered and tucked, she quietly marched through the greenery, being careful to avoid the steps where the foliage had already begun to fade to grey; she couldn't afford to be heard.
Nearby was the faint smell of another, possibly many, yet as she approached it became clear that she'd stumbled across a border. Quickly readjusted herself to a respectful distance from the clearly marked line, Honey took a deep breath and howled for an audience. With each exhale, she became more shaky, terrified of what was to come. All she could hope for was a bit of understanding, but she hadn't gotten much of that since leaving home.
· republic of auros ·
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
The sound of the call was not what alarmed Ceannasach. It was the familiar scent of estrus. It was an alluring aroma, and one that Arturo knew well. It was unmistakable and it set every guard hair on edge as he neared her, his movements stiff, a low rumble leaving his lips as his tail curled over his back. Under normal circumstances, he was much more calm and collected. Yet, clearly, this was not normal circumstances. The large, pale woman was fresh into her estrus and though she tried to hide it her scent would attract suitors. Though the hormonal perfume she was emitting called to him (for he was a man, after all) he resisted; and he would continue to do so. He did not want children in Teaghlaigh. Not when it was still in it's late stages of forming, not in the winter, and not when they were still so new. Those who bred despite these rules, without his permission would suffer the consequences, as would their young. He loved children but he would not put a newborn Teaghlaigh in jepordy by allowing something he knew they were not ready for. If that meant taking the life of the young and newborn then that was what it meant.

“Why are you here?” He demanded, abandoning all pretenses of charisma and gentleman's etiquette. She was not the mummer who was the night sky and stars personified. Granted, he recently had a tumble in the sheets with a young willing and eager stranger but she hadn't been in estrus and he hadn't even given her his name. That had just been business. Arturo took a breath betwixt his parted jaws, fighting off the primal urges his body wanted him to make. He was no green boy and he would not be tempted.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Honey watched as the male approached, dominant and aware. In response, she took a step back and flattened her own ears in submission. He was blunt with the initial questioning, so Honey knew it was safe to figure that he expected her to act the same with her response. Though she trembled with nervousness and shamed herself with such inferior behavior, Honey knew it was time to share her intentions.
I need a pack, she blurted out before she could stop herself, I'm Honey. Though she hoped her case would be considered at the least, she understood that being a lone female in the midst of heat might prove an issue in the recruitment process, not to mention her lack of a formal trade. If she was to be turned away, she would have to continue on with her journey, hoping that the circumstance was feeling especially agreeable.
· republic of auros ·
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo watched as she took a step back to his approach, though the Fearghal patriarch left plenty of space between them, the borders an invisible barrier that she, thankfully, had respected. She trembled before him, her ears flattened in submission. She blurted out her purpose at his borders, which he had expected. What else would she be doing at Teaghlaigh's borders? Aside from spreading her receptive state's hormonal perfume all over his borders? What a fucking mess. He would have to go over them with his piss to try to drown out her receptive scent until it dissipated. So long as she did not linger neither would her scent. He didn't particularly like the idea of warding off unwanted loners seeking to spread their seed, neither did he fancy the idea of enforcing his “no breeding” law with the few males that held ranks in The Family. Though, Arturo liked to believed that Palisander would not betray Isley in that way and suspected that Cam was too young to reproduce.

She gave her name though the gangster had not asked for it. She was nervous. Good. She should be. All these females in heat was going to give him a fucking headache. Though Arturo himself had not sired a litter this year, two thousand sixteen was year of the goddamned puppy apocalypse, he couldn't help but think sourly. It wasn't Honey's fault. She could not help the natural progression of her body nor her receptive cycles and Arturo knew that. It wasn't her fault and yet she was a risk. What if she had already conceived? What if he let her in and she conceived behind his back? He would either chase her out or kill the pups so perhaps chasing her off here and now was the best option. He would not risk Teaghlaigh for a wolf that wasn't even Family; and The Family knew better than to breed behind his back.

“Your scent attracts every male close enough to smell it. Would you give them what they seek or ward them off?” Because, ultimately, if the female didn't want them to breed with her she could ensure that they didn't. Her tail didn't have to move from betwixt her legs and she had teeth.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Well, I...I've been...courted already. It terrified Honey to bring up her previous encounter when it could jeopardize something she needed so badly, but she knew honesty to be better than a lie. Only once, though, but I don't know if I could fight off another male. She knew the frequency of her activities wasn't what mattered, but their occurrence that affected the male's decision. 
Honey knew her chances, and she was prepared to hear the worst, but should he have a good heart then perhaps he could look past her state. Something like this wasn't likely to be ignored, though, thus she'd already begun planning her night's travels. Even if he chose against such a risk, maybe he guide her, point her in the right direction. Honey could only hope.
· republic of auros ·
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Her stuttering response elicited a low snarl from his lips, which wrinkled back to expose his teeth. Though he respected her honesty she had went from being a risk to placing herself at the alter of the gallows. The gangster knew what his answer would be immediately. She added that it had only been once but Arturo was a man of the world. Almost four years old: he knew well enough that once was all it took. She was a danger to Teaghlaigh's still forming foundations. A threat. Her estrus cycle might not have been her fault but she had let a man fill her with his seed. She could have said no but she hadn't; and the gangster was unbending in his rules. His heart was not a bleeding one. Despite that he was sure there were few that did not see him as such he was a cold, decisive man. He did not take pity on her situation, not when she had allowed a man's seed to fill her womb. She could find her bleeding heart elsewhere.

“Once is all that it takes,” He told her simply, coolly, briskly. “You could be carrying his children, so why are you not with him? Go find him. Perhaps he will take you in.” Though Arturo doubted it. Else she wouldn't be at his borders here. “You and any bastard children you may be carrying will find no home here. Leave.” He commanded her, taking a threatening step forward, his mind made and his intentions clear. Her situation was not his problem and (as horrible as this is for Tori to type this) he would not sleep uneasy at night for sending her away. It was good to set the board clear every now and then. To remind the Teekon Wilds that he was a gangster and that he was not (always *coughs* most of the time) a good man.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
His words were sudden; harsh to say the least. He wanted her gone, and that is exactly what she planned to be. She turned immediately, making off into the night, forgetting to ask him about the area. Besides, she doubted she'd get a friendly response and she was in no condition for a fight.
Thus she was alone again, left to the dangers of the night. What more could she do but to continue on in her journey, searching for a place to lay?
· republic of auros ·