Ravensblood Forest Dreamland
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Private 
This was it - this land, it was theirs. The lines had been set for plenty of time past, but now they had set their claim. Dusk began to roll in and Aster creeped out from the shadows, eyes squinting as they took in as much light as they could. Of course, it wasn't much, so she relied on her ears - the crunch of leaves, the slow run of creeks - to tell her what state the season had fallen into. That, and the fact that it was damn cold
Aster stretched out each hind leg individually, small yips of relief popping from her maw. Then, she started toward the border to begin her nightly rounds.
[Image: tumblr_n0b5qbN1WW1sslmnmo1_400.gif]
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
The conception of his Teaghlaigh had not taken the time that he had thought it would have and this surprised the gangster to some degree. They had grown from three, to four, to five, and expanded from there. If not for Zephyr's slight and insult to not just Chusi but the whole Teaghlaigh and the potentially pregnant Honey they would stand ten strong. Yet, they were the first of refused attempts to join. None that willingly hurt and insulted any of Teaghlaigh's members would ever be welcome in or near their borders, or even in their surrounding territories. And a potentially pregnant wolf showing up at their borders was bad news. Arturo did what he have to do to put Teaghlaigh first and he slept soundly at night regardless. “Aster,” Arturo greeted her simply, her name rolling off his tongue in his soft, deep, smoky accented voice, like the quiet rumble of a gathering thunderstorm. No doubt she could hear his approach if the wind was not in his favor but the Ceannasach felt the need to greet her verbally all the same.
[/tr][/td][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster looked toward Arturo's voice, a basic idea of his standing locked into her mind. She dipped her head in respect before greeting him in the same, Arturo. A loose laugh escaped from her lips, but she kept it short and sweet, I was just about to head to the borders. Care to join? Aster wouldn't be upset if he declined, but she did hope that she wouldn't be at the border alone, should anything happen.
With the new claim, I figured it would be smart to go over the line again. Make it official, I guess. She could match his outline to his body, but still poorly just yet - she hadn't had enough time to match contours to names - but she hoped that when she turned toward the border that he might follow.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
The gangster watched as her head moved towards his general direction, searching. Idly, he wondered what she saw and if it was nothing at all why she sought to find him all the same. As they did not sound like particularly polite questions in his head he did not speak them. Simply, he was content to let them go unanswered. “I will accompany you,” He accepted her offer verbally in place of the sage nod and quiet sound of acceptance he would have otherwise made. He did not particularly mind conversation but it would take some time before he fully remembered he had to enunciate things verbally for her as opposed to relying upon the simplicity of body language lost to her blind eyes. “I thought you did not wish to patrol them alone?” He reminded her, his deep smoky voice light, teasing. Obviously she was not going to be patrolling them alone, still if he would have declined or not came along at all she would have been left to her own devices. “I admire the perseverance.” He approved, quiet and contemplative as he could oft be.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Another coy laugh at Arturo's remark. Provided, she didn't much enjoy the idea of walking in the dark with such poor sight, or at least not along a border she was supposed to have been protecting. Well I wouldn't have asked you to join if I didn't want you to, she laughed, returning his joking diction. Aster enjoyed late night conversations, so she hoped this walk might open Arturo up a bit more.
As they neared the border, Aster began marking the line (not being able to see her company made the act much less personal). Anything on your mind? My ears are open. If he did have some sort of a struggle within, then perhaps she could help. It was one of the things she enjoyed most, after all.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
most of this post is useless fluff. :0

Aster's coy laugh did not go under the Ceannasach's radar but he did not linger upon it. Given that it had been happening from multiple women in his proximity lately made him unsure how to take it. Easily, he could have considered that it was simply his place of power. Or perhaps it was some twist of luck now that he was considering taking himself off of the market. Of course, the mummer in question had to agree but Arturo was not a man to linger without his feelings being said. Clearly, he felt things for Lotte, things strong enough to consider courting her. He had not courted any woman before. Duana had never actually been his mate, simply the mother of his children taken as his lover. He had respected her and lover her in the way that a man loves the mother of his children but it had not actually been all that ...romantic. It had been a lot of mutual respect and necessity.

Arturo did not linger too long on the thought. It was best suited for a time when he could ponder it alone, for perhaps, he considered, he was losing his touch and misreading signals. No doubt the young woman he'd recently had a non-committal, proverbial tumble in the sheets with had been coy but she had not masked her intentions with him, and he had allowed himself the harmless distraction. There was business and then there was love — two very distinct differences in his mind. Still, he had not forgotten the stranger's offer, thinking that if things went to plan that he would simply inform her that it had to end and if they did not work in his favor then their business could continue. As he still had yet to make up his mind either way he tucked those thoughts aside, his ears flickering towards Aster when she teased him in turn.

An ironic smirk tugged at the edge's of the gangster's lips as her question spilled forth into the space between them as they began their patrol. Whether she had sense the turning of the mechanics of his mind as he contemplated and planned or it was simply sheer coincidence he did not know. Still, he found it amusing. “I always have things on my mind.” Arturo told her simply. His secrets were his and, perhaps for what he believed to be her own protection for the time being he did not speak of Lotte to anyone besides Chusi who already knew the scarfed woman that consumed most of Arturo's thoughts in some fashion or another.
[/tr][/td][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
She took his response as a shut down to her open ears, but it was respected. After all, they didn't know each other much, so if Arturo didn't (yet ) want to spill all of his secrets, Aster understood. With their paces matched on the patrol, she began to fall more into the conversation - comfort began to set in, seeing as now the night had begun to come to its climax and she could pick out most of his lines.
She turned and studied him, brow furrowed all the while, to try and pick out the few identifying features he might have. All that she could pick out was the contrast in his tones, but for Aster, that was all she needed. For fear of causing any discomfort or confusion, she turned away, but not without explaining. I'm sorry, its just...now is the only time in the day where I have even the slightest bit of sight. Its not much by any means, but its enough for me to see who I'm speaking to. 
She let a silence fester between the two for a moment before relinquishing a gentle chuckle and a sigh. It was the moon, she thought, giving her such joy. And Aster planned on enjoying as much of it as she could.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
While Arturo shared much with The Family, while he vowed to never make a decision that affected them all without hearing their input and vote he deigned to keep his love life his. As he had no answers to his own questions of it he saw no need to bring any of it to their attention. Aster did not press and for this, the gangster was glad. He watched, perhaps a bit amused, as she turned and studied him. It took him a while to remember that she was not entirely blind and he wondered, absently, what it was she saw of him. How he looked to her. He vaguely saw his own blurred reflection in the ripples of a pond. She turned away then, an apology spilling forth from her lips followed closely behind by an explanation. “It is alright.” Ceannasach assured her.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
I'm sorry for apologizing so much, Aster laughed before recognizing the irony of her statement. I guess...I just want to make sure everything and everyone is okay and it gets to be a lot. She turned her head to the sky and observed the mosaic of colors quietly, though she continued on their trail. What's your niche, eh? I don't think I've ever asked you about your own trade.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“Relax,” Ceannasach told her. “Don't stress yourself out. If it is too much for you do not take it on. You know your limits, stick to them.” He instructed quietly, deep, smoky, accented voice unassuming and made to soften as the words spilled forth from betwixt his lips. He did not want Aster exhausting herself with things she needn't. The Family took care of it's own, that much was true, but it was his job to carry the heavy burden of stress and worry. His shoulders were built for the weight of leadership, but Furiosa shouldered half of it herself. He realized that she desired to be a Counselor, much like himself, but Arturo Fearghal was not an open book and the things that weighed heavy on his mind besides the standard worries of a leader were not anything he felt inclined to share. He gave a small clear of his throat when she asked about his trades. “Scout, specifically Ambassador,” A good skill, he thought, for him considering. “Counselor, mentor for right now.” Chusi was a delight to teach and raise and she was quick to learn. Past those, he had not yet decided.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster took a deep breath in response to the reassurance. Arturo was right; she didn't have to be so hard on herself. The only issue was that she wasn't sure how stop. Do you think...you think you could teach me to fight? Aster stopped when she asked him. Not even sure that he himself knew the art of combat, she was taking a chance with asking, but she hoped he did, for she longed to learn and contribute to her pack. 
Soon after posing the question, Aster shook her head and laughed lightly, No, nevermind, it was silly to ask. Maybe I should go for a less active trade, considering the facts.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
A glimpse was given in his Saighdiúir's direction as she posed her question to him. He was silent for a few moments as he contemplated it. Could it be done? Could he teach her to fight given her visual impairment? No doubt it would be ...hard but Arturo did not believe that anything was impossible. Not with the right drive and patience. If Aster was determined to learn then he would be as equally as determined to teach her. “It wasn't silly,” He protested softly, giving his head a shake. She was not completely blind, after all. “I can try to teach you, if that is what you want. It will take patience, on both sides, but perhaps it is not impossible.” He was not sure how much she would be able to realistically do, granted, as he'd never been visually impaired ...but she wasn't totally blind and she did have that as an advantage to work with. He would not tell her that she couldn't at least try. Arturo had never found harm in trying. Limits weren't learned without testing them, after all.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster took no hesitation in letting her graciousness be known; I-I don't know what to say, I mean...thank you, Arturo. I'll do my best, I swear. She whined quietly due to an inner overload of excitement. They still had quite a way to go around the border, but for now, her evening was perfect.