Redhawk Caldera Partners in crime
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
All Welcome 
@Raven@Fox , Anyone that can cheer him up a bit? XD Takes place a few days after THIS thread.

His days had been spent mostly alone, hunting for himself since Shrike could take care of them all so fucking well. He was bitter, broken and alone now that Peregrine was goner than gone. Yes, this was his chance to claim a spot high in the hierarchy, but he did not care anymore. He didn't care about anything anymore. He did not belong, he now saw, in this family. And if they would not accept him, so be it! He was Trick - the almighty, the bringer of misfortune! He did not need the compassion and concern from THEM! He could live there still, but keep to himself, as if he was not even there.

He stared at his own reflection in the water - his handsome face with his, now wet, sparkling green eyes. His well-shaped skull, his high cheekbones. He was perfect, yet so imperfect. His fire had died long ago, and he was not sure if this would all fuel him again as the death of his family had done years ago.
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven's eyes lifted to study the gunmetal gray sky before dropping to peer at its reflection in the lake below. It was partially obscured by a black figure on the nearby shoreline. She studied it—him, if scent was any indication—from afar for a moment, then began padding closer. Here was someone completely new to her (she was fairly sure, anyway), someone who wouldn't know her from before. It was kind of a refreshing thought.

"Hi," she said meekly when she drew within earshot, stilling at the water's edge perhaps six feet away. Raven regarded him from up close, noting his downtrodden demeanor. It was the theme of the pack lately and did not surprise her. "It hit you hard too?" she asked quietly, figuring he would know exactly what she meant without having to mention Peregrine's death verbatim.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He had planned to be alone here - this was his herb storage and not many came to visit. Perry should have. the thought popped into his mind before he could say no, and one of his tears rippled the water and his reflection. He clenched his teeth, very silently weeping before the scent of another even hit his nose. It was not a smell he knew, but he hoped it would just pass like every single thing in his life that he could not get a grip on. He closed his eyes, almost praying that the footfalls coming toward him were an illusion, but they opened as she greeted him; a stranger with eyes like a cold, winter sun - or perhaps lightning. 

He was not in the mood to talk, not even if she was being nice. He bit his lip at her question. Of course - he was the only one I trusted in this damned world... He answered, perhaps a little roughly, and avoided eye contact. He did not know why he was seeking anything from her, yet with his words he almost wanted her to hold him so he could weep.
~Adopt Avalon!~
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
He answered a bit brusquely. Raven's ears fell backward a little bit but she did not retreat. Instead, she nibbled her own lower lip before saying, "I'm sorry for your loss." She exhaled, then drew in a breath and added, "I don't think we've ever met. I used to live here, a long time ago, and I just came back. My name's Raven." She was the daughter of the deceased, though she didn't mention that aloud. The stranger would probably draw the conclusion on his own but, in any case, her grief was more dated. His loss was fresher, harsher, in a way.

"I'm sorry, too, that you don't feel like there's anyone else you can trust," she murmured, falling to her haunches and settling on the water's edge. For the second time, she tipped her head back to peer at the sky, then dropped her yellow gaze to study its reflection in the still waters of the caldera.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He did not care if she was not happy with his tone - he had not approached her in the first place. She had the freedom to just walk away whenever she pleased, for she was not his and did not own him anything. Still, she remained, which only fueled the silent rage inside his small vessel. He gritted his teeth - had he asked for a backstory? He did not think so. And her name; so specific, and somehow, he almost expected her to leave him for dead. Grace had, Warbone had, Gypsy had and he barely knew Fox. He bit his lip. He did not try and understand that she was Peregrine's daughter, for he simply did not care.

You talk a lot. He frowned as she sat down, but he kept still. Why he said it, he had no clue. His eyes, still a little wet from his earlier crying, shifted slowly to look at what she was staring at. Was she expecting his name? His story? Should he even still be talking to her? None of these questions he could answer by himself, yet he did not wish to leave her here - nor that she would leave him here.
~Adopt Avalon!~
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Never in her life had someone said that to her. Raven's mouth opened and shut a few times as she attempted to formulate a response. It wasn't just his words that took her by surprise, it was the nasty implication behind them. He clearly did not appreciate her attempt at comfort. Although it troubled her and left her at a bit of a loss, it didn't anger her in the way it might another. She suspected he might only be lashing out because he was in such a dark place and that none of it was meant personally.

Being down in the dumps did not give him a license to be rude, especially when she was only trying to help, yet Raven steadied herself with a breath and said simply and calmly, "Sorry, I didn't mean to infringe. I can leave you alone if you'd like."
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
His eyes again shifted to her. He grinned softly. He guessed he had made her feel a little uncomfortable, or just offended, and somehow that amused him. He had almost forgotten the way it felt to confuse someone and to be rude and unpredictable. He liked it and it took the pain in his heart away for a moment. He allowed himself to lift his head up, finally truly looking at her and the somber sky they were sitting under. Kind of set the tone in a way if one knew what had gone on there. 

He rolled his eyes slightly, but kept his mouth a straight line. He did not wish for her to leave, but how could he tell that after speaking so rudely to her? The grin disappeared. No. He said coldly, returning his gaze to the water. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Once again, his words—or, rather, word— threw her for a loop. "No?" she parroted back softly, brow furrowing and lips pursing. His mouth said one thing, his actions another. Raven didn't know a thing about this wolf besides his evident grief and that he was an extremely confusing individual.

Unwilling to let it discourage her, she took several neat steps backward and sat quietly.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He squinted at the reflection they both made, slightly irritated by the fact she had to repeat his single, simple answer. How hard was it to understand that he just wanted to be alone, but not really? It sounded as a question, but he did not answer - afraid his confusing explanation would confuse him too. He didn't like being confused. Neither did she, or so he suspected from the way she was moving away from him. His grief quickly turned into rage.

Where are you going? I said you could stay. He said in the same, cold tone he had used so far in this conversation. He barely lifted his head up to look at her, but still did, awaiting a response. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
She was determined not to be ruffled about his attitude, yet the cold harshness of his words caused her fur to prickle warily, her face turning toward him sharply as if fearing attack. Her yellow eyes squinted, not in judgment but in perplexity. This wolf was odds and ends. She had never met someone so... challenging before.

"And I'm staying," she replied quietly. "I'm just giving you your space." There was no sarcasm or malice in the words. She regarded him coolly for a moment, then looked out at the water as she said, "If you decide you want to talk, my ears are open. I assure you I can hear from here." Her lips twitched faintly.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He licked his teeth, unsure of what to do -what to say. His only true female friend had left him to be when he had just told her his real name, and he was thinking it might happen again. It was best not to say anything. The lesser they knew about him, the longer they would stay around to know. That was all he needed - someone to stay and not run away. Or die, a voice added in his mind, and he let out a grunt. 

His green eyes shot to the side. Raven was staying. But for how long? Another voice asked, and he looked angry. She's already retreating, so what's the point? This one's no good, Wylie, we both know. He silently gritted his teeth, that only made him look more distressed. Her next sentence pushed him over the edge - he did not wish to talk! No one needed to know what he was feeling and why! They had no right to know if they were just going to pack their bags and leave! He lifted his lithe body off the ground with a grunt, and turned to pad a few meters away. He was closer to home, yet he felt further than ever, and it left a bitter taste in his mouth. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
He sullenly moved farther away, widening the gap between them. Raven's ear bent in his general direction and she slanted her face without looking at him too directly. Her lips drooped back into a slight frown as she contemplated how to reach out and help this fellow. After a few moments of contemplation, however, she admitted defeat. Whoever he was, he had stonewalled her... for now. She could and would try again later.

"I have to go check on Fox," Raven said after a long spell of tense silence, "my mother. I'll mostly be around the rendezvous site if you ever change your mind and want someone to talk to." The yearling shot him a brief smile that did not touch her electric yellow eyes before adding another, "I really am sorry for your loss," and trotting away to touch base with the Alpha female.

I'd love another whenever you're game. :)
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Sure! I have some time tonight, and a little bit tomorrow, but then I have to study.I'll archive.

He turned his back to the female, doing exactly what he feared others would do without a second thought. He bit his lip until it started to bleed, and after he refrained to lick it up. He didn't like the taste of blood anymore. He didn't like anything anymore. He had no reason to keep on going, to keep working his way to the top - yet he could not stop either. He just needed time alone, or not at all. Perhaps traveling would do him well, but he doubted Fox would let him go with winter coming. He seemed to be the only one still providing full time for the caldera (At least, he liked to think so) and felt like they couldn't miss him.

Speak of the devil - He turned his head to her with a raised eyebrow, but still he was frowning. She was going anyway, despite him needing her around. Hatred with some sort of passion was burning inside of him, and every single thing about her made him want to scream. Whatever! He called out after from between his teeth. With force he yanked his head toward his den, and padded away.
~Adopt Avalon!~