205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
Pack Activity 
[Image: ghenna.png]
a fall activity to welcome winter · a ghenna is a shrine to molech
@arunik'ra @Ragna @Asherah @Giana @Honey @Ar-Khalba
three day rounds · round one ends november 5th

her body was tight with the cold breath bound in the teeth of the winds these crisp days; where they had come from, her sister, herself, and ar-khalba, there had not been ice, nor snow, nor cold, save for the nights in which the malkaria huddled together for warmth. but snow was coming to them now, and much of it, if eshamun predicted such correctly. with giana and asherah carrying litters, and arunik'ra coming into the season of women, many children would be born to them in the darkness of winter. 

therefore it was necessary to bond the malkaria, to make allies of one another before the pups were born. furthermore eshamun wished to establish a feeling of warmth within the pack; closely knit, they would want for nothing.

before her lay the carcass of a suckling pig, flanked by stones stained in its blood. she had hunted it for a day before luring it from the sow's side, and now it would be a pleasant morsel in the mouths of her wolves. eshamun called to them then, her voice filled with affection and delight.

[Image: animated-flame.gif]
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Though she ached with doubt, Honey responded readily to the call. The next few days would be crucial for it wouldn't be long before she knew if she carried life within. Upon entering the scene, Honey saw Eshamun standing above a carcass with pride whipped across her face. Honey dipped her head respectfully and gave an introduction. Eshamun. They hadn't spoken since Honey's entering of the pack, but Honey hadn't spoken to anyone for that matter. Perhaps now would be an opportunity for her to meet her family.
· republic of auros ·
"Moon Dust In Your Lungs, Stars In Your Eyes, You Are A Child Of The Cosmos, A Ruler Of The Sky."
121 Posts
Ooc —
Giana was now positive she was pregnant -- there were now facts to back this up, being her periodic vomiting, her newfound and violent mood swings, her constant need for a nap, the change of her scent, but there was nothing worse than the newest; appetite changes. Some days, she would eat all of her catches of the day, maybe more, and it didn't matter what went in ger stomach. That was nothing new -- the annoying days were the ones with not the cravings, but the fickleness of her belly. Cravings were easy enough to sate, tracking down the suddenly boldened scent of what she wished for.... But sometimes, even things she really did want made her belly flip, and not an hour after being in throbbing pain she would vomit it all up. 

There were few of them here in their Copse, and the icy breath of Winter tickled her spine, warning of cold and white-clad days ahead. Most of them, Gia felt like she knew -- one of which she didn't was the only one to beat her to the sweet call of her Ekar-aji. The rust-brushed woman glared at her suspiciously, flaring her nostrils to take in Honey's scent and giving her a wide berth. After a few moments, her stormy eyes went to Eshamun, softening at once as she offered her leader a soft smile.
120 Posts
Ooc —
arunik'ra froze as a call pierced the fall air, one distinctly buoyed by hope and joy. she lifted her slender muzzle skyward and sampled the crisp autumn breeze -- it was eshamun, calling for their presence.

without pause the sunspear slid from the rocky promontory she had been scouting and made for malkaria's hearth. when arunik'ra came upon eshamun and the resplendent kill at her sister's feet, she bowed her spine and head in deference to the ekar-aji. during her gesture she cast a sly look to both giana and a wolf she did not know. introductions no doubt were in order, but for now she eagerly awaited her sister's command.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Asherah arrived shortly after Arunik'ra and cast her eyes over those gathered. She did not recognize the new female, but she offered her a soft and welcoming smile. She was another sister, another follower of Molech and in Asherah's heart she was welcome. Her eyes fell last to the offering and the red female smiled with pride for Eshamun's labor of love.

She did not speak, but her eyes roamed among the other gathered wolves so that she might dip her head in greeting. Though sickness still plagued her (she had emptied her belly yet again this morning), her eyes were bright with joy.

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
round two ends november 9th

her wolves attended her, but ar-khalba was not among them. a small frown tugged at the edges of her mouth, but it passed as soon as it had come. she looked fondly upon the she-wolves; her sister, the shieldmaiden, the priestess acolyte, sly, slight giana, and the shy honey. the ekar-aji sighed fondly. "my heart is happy that you are with me here. please give your welcome honey; she is the newest among us to walk in molech's light."

"may the blood i have shed here today be pleasing in molech's eyes. please; partake of the flesh here. it is rich, and we must celebrate the resurgence of new life." she smiled then at giana, and at asherah, and then turned her eyes upon her sister with a mild grin of teasing. "tell me all of what you have been doing these last weeks."

65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Though she didn't much fancy the idea of speaking before a group of strangers, Honey knew that the time had come for her to make a proper introduction to her packmates. She cleared her throat and, after looking to Eshamun for reassurance, spoke to the women around her in a soft wind, H-hello. I'm...I'm Esther, or Honey, I'm sorry, it's Honey. She took a deep breath and continued, following the prompt given by Eshamun.
I came to the borders during my, um...my estrus. I didn't think that I'd be taken in but I'm very happy that I was. Now, I'm trying to learn more about Molech, so I can fully devote myself. Honey gave a sheepish smile and looked down at her paws, before turning back to examine the group. Immediately, she regretted telling them about her heat for it was something she was ashamed of, something too personal to be shared. But Eshamun told her it was a blessing, and she wouldn't question her savior.
· republic of auros ·
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Asherah too felt the happiness that Eshamun spoke of. It was wonderful to be surrounded by others of their faith, by her sisters. As she introduced the newest female, Asherah's eyes turned to the pale woman. She smiled warmly at her, but soon returned her gaze to Eshamun. Her leader spoke of the prize before them and Asherah nodded, the offering was a great one.

Eshamun invited them to eat, and Asherah's belly gave a happy rumble. She only hoped she'd be able to keep it down. The meat was delectable, she'd hate to waste it. She moved forward to grab a mouthful, unable to contain her hunger. Honey soon spoke, introducing herself more. It was clear the woman was nervous so Asherah turned kind eyes on her. "Welcome Honey. Are you too blessed as Giana and I?" She tilt her head slightly to look the female over but couldn't tell. "You will learn much here. My heart has grown so close to Molech, the more I learn. Our God gives much to us, though he does ask for much in return. It is a worthy trade, my life has been much changed since Eshamun found me. Molech's light banished the darkness from my soul and saved it. May it do the same to yours, sister."

Once she had spoken she dipped her head down to tear at the pig. The flesh was gloriously rich on her tongue and she sighed with pleasure. Her ears still remained perked for Honey's response, or Eshamun's words.

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
round three ends november 13th
honey spoke then, her voice a gentle lilt, and eshamun was pleased that she had overcome her trepidation and spoken. she was of course interested in the first name the newest member of the malkaria had spoken: esther. it was a name of hotlands and of royalty, but eshamun would not address it now, not until honey wished to talk of it.

"eat, now," she murmured unto her wolves, pushing forth the piglet. "taste of the salt and the blood, and the rich flesh. give thanks to molech."

"Moon Dust In Your Lungs, Stars In Your Eyes, You Are A Child Of The Cosmos, A Ruler Of The Sky."
121 Posts
Ooc —
Giana's mistrust faded at the calm, friendly atmosphere, and though she didn't look at the new woman until far after her sisters pulled in beside her; when Honey's nervous voice rose, Gia's stormy eyes fell on her with a quiet, reserved friendliness. Under Eshamun's joyful gaze, the ivory woman could be nothing but kind, welcoming. 

As much as she wanted to blame her hormones, the truth was that Giana Angelo had never been very friendly, or very trusting. Those that'd been here when she'd bumbled her way, starving, to the borders, those who'd helped her and gave her a new life: those wolves were as dear to her heart as her own children, both born and growing. It would take a little while for the rust-crowned woman to truly get used to having Honey around, but in time, she would. 

For now, she was quiet, listening until it was apparent the time for her to speak had come. Another thing Giana never had been was quiet, and she didn't keep The Malkaria waiting long. From where she was sitting tall and proudly, tail wagging behind her, she announced her latest discovery.

"After my night to the shore, I am most definitely carrying, and I will give one of them at birth to Molech. The morning sickness is hell on my recovery, but every moment is worth it."

It was true, though: Giana's bones could barely be seen through her pelt -- easily felt, though -- and she was healthy as she'd ever been. She couldn't stop eating!

Speaking of.... Eshamun urged them to eat, and at this the rust-faced femme stood, padding forward with a happily swaying tail and waiting her turn.
106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Ar-Khalba had been near the border the the summons was raised. Though he diverted his course immediacy, he arrived last to the gathering. Ar-Khalba's eyes fell on the sisterhood that had amassed around the young pig as he approached. Many of the sisters, the newer ones, he did not know -- yet he would make it a point to meet them properly in the future.

It was with sadness that Ar-Khalba realizes he had missed Eshamun's address. The celebration however had just begun. As was his duty, Ar-Khalba remained on the fringes as the sisterhood began to eat their share. He would take the remains without complaint, should there be any.
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Honey smiled politely at Asherah's innocent inquiry. Well, maybe. With my first pregnancy, I didn't know until a couple of weeks in. It pained her to speak of her families now past, and it was on rare occasions that she actually did so, but these women mde her feel safe. Then, she turned to Giana who held no hesitation in her feasting. It made Honey giggle, though she kept her demeanor subtle and submissive.
That is, until the male approached their circle. Her hackles raised ever so slightly as she moved closer to Eshamun, keeping a fair distance between them. It wasn't anything that he'd done himself, but she'd had trouble trusting most males she came across. She'd been hurt too many times to hold open arms.
· republic of auros ·
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Her mouth filled with the fatty, salty flavor of the pig and she felt her body nearly quiver with delight. Pork, it seemed, agreed with her. Asherah listened to Honey speak, eating the food ravenously for she'd not been able to keep much down of late. "May Molech shine light upon you, and lend a blessing to your womb as well." The acolyte said, dipping her head once in silent prayer.

Asherah noted Ar-Khalba's arrival, wondering why he'd been so late to the gathering. No doubt Arunik'ra, or even Eshamun had every right to be displeased. She also didn't miss Honey's reaction to Ar-Khalba and her gaze shifted curiously from the female to the male. "He won't harm you, Honey." Asherah said confidently. "Ar-Khalba serves us sisters, even if that means he is to stay away from you." She did, however, slide her gaze to Eshamun as if to question the female's fear. Her head then dipped back down to the pig, to tear free another piece of wonderous meat.

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
4th round will end november 18th 
eshamun listened. she knew she had become rather good at that - veiling herself even as her senses cupped the words of others. the warm banter between the malkaria set her heart to singing. honey's tension around ar-khalba did not go unnoticed, and she nodded at asherah. "he is a man of our god, gentle and kind, devoted in all things to molech and to the malkaria. it is he who gives of himself to the women when they find their season, and grants them children."

asherah, herself, and perhaps even the res drunak had all been taken into ar-khalba's embrace, and with the eight-armed one's blessing, the man would continue to be prolific among them. to giana she gave a warm smile, to ragna. "so many children shall be born unto us in the coming months. i am pleased."

she stepped forward then, tearing away a small piece of porcine flesh and setting it to one side for ar-khalba. the sweet taste of blood, salted at the edges, filled her mouth, and she sighed contentedly.

she glanced to the heavens now; eshamun's eyes closed. "great one. i gave to you a sacrifice and you have returned it unto us threefold. truly you, molech, are a mighty and wondrous god. i worship your name. i give thanks always."

121 Posts
Ooc —
The only male of The Malkaria joined them next; Giana knew of him as she knew of all her packmates, but she'd never actually talked to him. Nonetheless, he she offered a greeting nod once she'd eaten her piece, backing away and lying on her side where she'd been before. She was awful company, really, never had been a social butterfly, content to sweep her tongue over her jaws to clean herself of blood while the others talked. Like Eshamun, she noted Honey's reaction to the man -- her leader addressed and soothed the newcomer. It was a curious thing, but she inwardly wondered if that's what she'd looked like months ago, traumatized by Kendra and Cicero's abuse. 

When her leader turned her face skyward and began to pray, Giana followed suit, closed her stormy eyes as they faced the sky. She mumbled under her breath, echoing Eshamun in her praise. Again, she felt herself amazed at how wholly she found herself devoted to a god she barely knew, loyal to a pack she'd only joined a few weeks ago.

"Molech, a mighty and wondrous god. I worship your name, I give thanks always."

Feel free to skip Gia if I'm taking too long, she's just brooding and following along <3
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
As Eshamun spoke to Honey of Ar-Khalba, Asherah chewed the offering, nodding along with her leaders words. Ar-Khalba would be what was needed of him. Her eyes moved over to the male and she was filled with thoughts of their violent mating and of the tender first time they had coupled before her heat. He would serve how the women needed him to serve, even if Honey chose, as Ragna, to not partake of his other services.

She moved away from the pig then, licking her lips. As Eshamun dipped her head in prayer, so did Asherah. Truly, they had been greatly blessed this season. The red acolyte believed that Eshamun's sacrifice (along with Molech's benevolence, of course) was soley responsible for the blessing of all their women, for her own blessing. She repeat Eshamun's words back, as Giana did.

"We worship your name. We give thanks always. Banisher of Darkness, light of all lights. You shine unto our hearts and souls and bless us in your image. Molech be praised." Here Asherah turned her head to her leader. "I give thanks to you, as well, Eshamun. Molech has blessed us for your sacrifice. The Many Armed God shines goodwill unto us because of your worthiness to lead, and your willingness to provide the due that is owed." She dipped her head then to the female, feeling overjoyed to have found such a wonderful and capable leader.

106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Ar-Khalba could see the discomfort on the face of the newest member of th Malkiara. It saddened him, yet he tried to think little of it. However, Asherah was quick to jump to his defense. Ar-Khalba offered her a soft, silent smile as thanks. He offered the same fond smile to Eshuman as well. Even still, the Kurvat kept his distance from Honey as to not ruffle any unnecessary feathers.

When Eshuman tore away his ration, Ar-Khalba looked upon his queen with gratitude. The others offered up their thanks to God, and Ar-Khalba did the same. Yet, he was not one for lavish language. He was a humble man who preferred to make himself small in reverence of the Many-Armed God. "Praise be," he whispered plainly before taking part in the celebration.
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
last round. feel free to post again having your character depart <3 i'll archive in a few days

she listened to their words, gazed upon them with affection as they feasted. "may molech strengthen us in the days to come, through the snows, and bless our children with life through the winter. the woman indulged herself in the small scraps left of the piglet, and talked for several moments with her wolves before she kissed each of them in turn and lifted herself to her paws.

they knew where to find her if they wished to speak or to seek succor -- eshamun gave the malkaria a last fond look before departing for the borders.

65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
After listening to both cases in the male's favor, Honey flashed him a soft smile but quickly looked back down at her paws. Once she felt Eshamun's kiss and watched her depart from the meeting, Honey gave a fond look to all members of her new family. As soon she finished her scan of the group, she was also on her feet and moving away in graceful strides.
· republic of auros ·