Two Rivers Isle mercenary (1.1)
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Burke had agreed to teaching Remy about the defensive side of combat, but another name was recommended to him for the other facets of the trade: Aeronwyn. He knew her from his initial introduction to the pack, though he'd never gotten the chance to interact with her. Should she too consent to being his mentor, then that would surely change.
Remy stood at the brink of the river and called for Aeronwyn's presence. He would have to make a fair case, he thought, 'cause she seemed like much more of a hardass then Burke.
· easthollow ·
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
An ear flicked lazily as a howl summoned her, a voice she did not imidiatly recognize. she did not surge to her feet with haste, yet did so all the same, moving at a steady trot to where the howl had come from. when she treasured thinned and she spotter ahead a figure,  she slowed, stance proud and gait a smooth walk as she approached,  expression cool. she remembered this one now, another recent joiner she thought neither highly nor lowly of. "You have called for me, Remy?" She asked evenly, words smooth as she slowed with a learned grace, halting a distance from him.
facilis descensus averno
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Remy cleared his throat and began stating his claim. I called you to ask that you be my mentor. Burke is teaching me only half of the art of combat, and with his blessing I ask that you teach me the other. Remy waited patiently for her response, his stance steady and neutral in her presence. He held himself with confidence, though he was careful to not offend her with any misinterpreted dominance.
· easthollow ·
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He seemed sincere enough, and she had no reason to trust his words. yet she thought herself no simpleton teacher, content to instruct whoever searched for it. Shink's disappearence after they had done so much, after he had learned and she come to care for him like a member of her inner circle, was gone. 

"why is it" she begun smoothly, "that you seek my instruction?" it was said with no trace of malice, yet curiosity hinging on a challenge.  providing he had a reason of note, she would teach him.
facilis descensus averno
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
There was a reason behind Remy's eager seeking out of Aero, though he preferred not to admit it. In this situation, however, he didn't have much of a choice. I'll be honest, he started after sucking in a deep breath, I haven't met a woman who's inspired me as much as you do. In my birth pack, women raised the kids and men did all the hard work, I guess. Raising kids isn't exactly easy but anyway, I was always made fun of because I liked doing "women's work", which basically means I wasn't interested in mauling baby skunks.
Remy was trying his hardest not to make eye contact, for this was an admittedly embarrassing moment for the poor chap. He'd always been confident, self-reliant, didn't give two shits about anyone but himself, so to reveal that he had feelings took a lot. I guess...I guess seeing you do what women from my pack wouldn't dare do...you've got some pretty big balls in my eyes. I look up to you. The last few words were mumbled, yet their sincerity remained. He took a deep breath and released a confident laugh before looking back up to Aero's eyes.
· easthollow ·
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Flattery. She would have dismissed it as nothing but, save for the sincerity in his words. The nervousness. Either he was a great actor or she growing soft as she evaluated him a few more moments in silence, considering before speaking. "Very well. Yet if I am to teach you; all I ask is that you give my instruction your best." She said evenly, settling back on her haunches and sweeping her tail to her side, watching him critically. 

"What is it that you wish to be taught? I can teach you a great deal, what of it do you seek to focus on?" She asked, a broad question that left him to answer in any method he chose. Sure, her specialty was offensive fighting, yet she knew of defensive fighting as well, in some ways.
facilis descensus averno
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Luckily, the embarrassment only lasted a moment for as soon as Remy finished speaking, Aero voiced her agreeance. He took a breath and mimicked her sitting position as he listened to her next words. Well...I guess I hadn't really thought that far ahead. Getting you to actually agree was probably my biggest concern. He laughed for a moment but immediately composed himself.
If I'm correct, Burke planned on teaching me the offensive aspect of combat. So would you be able to show me the defensive side? Remy had a stoic look to him, his posture still and straight, but deep in his eyes hid a spirit of childlike folly.
· easthollow ·