Neverwinter Forest when it comes to us
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
All Welcome 
For @Scimitar and the other leaders. :) I may or may not join with Kas.. lol 

Eilidh had left Donnelaith many days ago, and was now wandering through the wilds without much direction. She hoped to find her brother's trail, but she also knew that there was a pack not far that her father had spoken kindly about, one that would probably want to hear of his passing. Now that she was no longer confined within herself, within the cage she created for herself at Donnelaith, Eilidh began to think of others.

So when she reached the woods that looked similar, and yet so different from her own Sentinels, Eilidh paused. This seemed the right place. So she tipped back her head and called for the leaders of the pack, so she could share some news from their ally, Donnelaith.

when it comes to us - frances, ritual 
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
swing life away
73 Posts
Ooc — Katie
Not a leader but I'm not sure Scim has returned from his search just yet, so hopefully 'Tober will suffice for the time being!

When a stranger’s howl pierced the quiet enveloping the kingdom of evergreens, October paused and swung her head in the direction of the borders. Scimitar was the only leader of the Forest, but the Delta did not believe he had returned from his search just yet.

She took it upon herself to greet the visitor herself. Swift movements carried her towards the direction the call had originated from. As she drew near, her tail flagged above her hindquarters and her snowy ears pressed forward attentively.

The Forest’s guest was cloaked in golden-ivory fur and small in stature. Vaguely, October was reminded of Deirdre, whom she’d met several moons beforehand. “I’m October, Delta of these woods,” she informed the other wolf as she approached her.
[Image: caretaker.gif][Image: chronicler.gif]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Delta was not leader, but Eilidh was not one to be rude. Nevertheless, she had some news she wished to share, and if she had to relay it through the delta, she would. The messenger dipped her head in greeting, lowering her already petite posture to indicate her respects. She was on another's border, and she knew how to behave as such.

Thank you for coming, October. I'm Eilidh Mayfair, formerly of Donnelaith. The truth stung, but she did her best to hide the ache that reached through her core.

My father-- she paused, gathering breath to herself, fending off the anxiety and depression that had plagued her for so long. After a long moment, she opened her eyes with an apologetic nod of her head. My father once spoke of the wolves here, a man named Scimitar and his sister, Kaskara. He said they were friends of his, and so I've come to deliver news to them.
Trades
swing life away
73 Posts
Ooc — Katie
The girl’s submissive stance was received well by October, whose tail swung in an appreciative wave behind her. Pale ears twisted toward Eilidh as she spoke, revealing her reason for having journeyed to Neverwinter Forest.

Eilidh appeared to struggle to relay part of her message, but October offered her a gentle smile in hopes of quelling her anxieties. Of course, there was no telling what exactly the former Donnelaith wolf needed to say, but October hoped for all intents and purposes that it wouldn’t be more bad news; she wasn’t so sure Scimitar and his family could handle it.

“Scimitar has been away for some time. His son went missing and he has been searching for him ever since,” she revealed, brows furrowing lightly as her heart panged for the emotionally worn Alpha. She hoped that, wherever he was, he was okay. As for Kaskara, October held little knowledge about the woman. “I’d be happy to pass along your news to him when he returns, if you’d like,” offered the Delta.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh's heart clanged at the mention of a missing boy. Too many missing loved ones, too many lost souls, too many wolves hurt, and for what? The wraith simply shook the thoughts from her head and offered a small nod. I am sorry to hear of their lost one. I came to relay news of my father. Her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth, and though she wished to get newsmen in return, she could do nothing for a long moment.

After a pause, she found her voice again. I wanted to give them news of my father's passing. My sisters helm Donnelaith now. It was the most she had spoken in some time, and she felt drained already.
Trades
swing life away
73 Posts
Ooc — Katie
Pale ears fell back against the curve of her skull as Eilidh revealed the nature of her news. October’s eyes shone with sympathy. “I’m so sorry for your loss,” she murmured in response. Having never lived through the death of a loved one, she could not imagine the heartache Eilidh and her family had gone through.

“I’ll pass the news along to Scimitar when he returns,” she said after a beat, a bob of her head accompanying her words. Her heart panged for the cream-furred woman who stood before her; the more October studied her, the more she noticed how worn Eilidh appeared. “Would you like to rest a bit? I can take you to a stream if you’d like a drink,” she offered.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Last post.

Though the woman's offer was kind, Eilidh needed to go. She couldn't sit here moping about her father's death or her own flight from Donnelaith, especially not with a stranger. I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid I must go. She bowed gently to the wolf, and turned to leave. Please give my regards to Scimitar and Kaskara. I'll come to visit again soon enough, I'm sure. With a ghostly smile, she departed, leaving sad news in her wake.
Trades