Golden Glade enchanté.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Private 
@Sylvas Streiter. I'm gonna sneak in a little French, if that's okay ;)
Aster sat on the brim of the treeline as she blindly stared out into the territory around her. Though she couldn't see much, she liked feeling like she could, and pretending was the best way she knew how. Her large eyes were thick with a dark film that prohibited her from clear sight from the moment she was born to the time of her final breath. But blindness to the physical realm was a gift, in a sense, for it allowed her to see every detail of the Otherworld. Aster smiled at the thought, but kept her gaze straight.
She'd left Teaghlaigh for Eden and her new family, and yet she'd had to meet her mate. Aster tilted her head gently upwards and called for him in a smooth voice. When she was finished, her gaze once again fell stoic on the land ahead of her as she waited patiently for a response.
[Image: tumblr_n0b5qbN1WW1sslmnmo1_400.gif]
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
For many days the young male made it his focus to frequently patrol the borders; keeping the pack safe from intrusion and regularly marking their boundaries. Having been putting most of his attention into his work, Streiter hadn't much knowledge on the arrival of Eden's cousin. Large paws carrying the brute as he strolled along the treeline, bushy tail swaying behind him as he observed up ahead, amber eyes gleaming in the light of the afternoon sun as he continued in his patrol.

The mercenary paused in movement, torn ears arching atop his head as he caught the sound of an unfamiliar voice calling out for him. A confused expression befell his face as he turned to look in their direction, black nose twitching as he scented the air. Voice and scent unknown. Instantly the male turned himself and began to make his way along the tree line, paws carrying him into a light jog as he decided to quicken his pace.

Soon a pale wolf came into his eyes view, ears pivoting as he listened to the rustling of the leaves beneath his weight, a low chuff escaping his lips as he approached curiously.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
You're a bit later than I'd expected, Aster playfully scolded as the male drew near, I'm Aster, Eden's cousin. It's nice to finally meet you... The statement was drawn out as an invitation for the brute to introduce himself. Though Aster wasn't one to nitpick, she found it a bit odd that he didn't speak upon his arrival, though she didn't say anything.
When the opportunity arose, she settled her doe eyes on his frame to take in whatever details they would allow. I'm sorry, she blurted out after realizing that he probably didn't know her reasoning behind staring at him, It's just a thing that I do. I have trouble seeing, as I'm sure you can tell, so I try to get whatever details I can when the lighting is right.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Battle worn ears arched forward at her playfully scolding words, amber eyes gleaming some in the dense light as he watched her silently. Streiter couldn't help but find himself curious about this wolf, for it wasn't long a go that Alyssum had been killed and now another family member of Eden's had appeared out from nowhere. As she finished her introduction, leaving the conversation open for him to also introduce himself, Streiter cleared his throat and replied to simply, ”I'm Streiter. Sylvas Streiter, but you can call me either, I guess.” He moved a little closer, bushy brown tail swaying behind him as he added, ”Pleasure to meet you too, Aster.” The mercenary offering a small smile.

Gradually moving closer and more into the light, amber eyes stared at the female as she began to speak again, Streiter's eyes watching her as he listened carefully as she suddenly apologised. Somewhat confused, the male tilted his head to the side some, quietly watching the new member of the pack. Streiter slowly licked his muzzle and replied in a soft tone, ”It's okay.” With this new knowledge the male made sure he was positioned more in the light, rather than the shadows of the tree line.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster watched attentively as the body now known as Sylvas began to move. Because of his relationship with her kin, she chose to give him the benefit of the doubt, but she was still on defense should he try anything. So, you're the one that Eden has been on about, eh? Aster questioned him playfully, for this was how she formed most relationships -- love-induced teasing. 
Soon enough, this man would be related to her through blood, so it only made sense that they should get to know each other. Are you from these parts Streiter? Or did you come from somewhere else, like most of the wolves around these parts?
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Eyes watched her cautiously, even though he knew she was a fellow member of the court, Sylvas couldn't help but keep a distance from the female. She was knew and unknown to him, also she had been the one that had summoned him here. Brown ears caught sound of her voice, listening carefully to her words as she spoke. A slight smile made its way across his muzzle as he watched Aster, black lips parting as he replied softly, ”I didn't know she had mentioned me.” The mercenary giving a slight shrug of his shoulders, ”Truthfully, she's never mentioned you to me either.” The wolf remained stood, tail swaying behind him as he then added, ”Bit of a surprise, I guess.” He offered the white female a small smile, ears twitching backward as he thought to himself, 'Are there any other surprises I should know about?'

Clearing his throat at Aster's question, preparing himself to reply to her, the male lowered himself to sit upon his haunches, tail laying upon grassy ground till he finally replied, ”No, I didn't.” Amber eyes remaining on her ivory form as he then went on, ”I guess I've travelled from distant lands to this one, like many other wolves.” In truth, Streiter couldn't actually remember where he came from, all he knew was that he was here now. And that's all that mattered.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster listened to his words, considering each one individually. It didn't much surprise her that Eden hadn't mentioned her before -- a lot of what they'd been through together took a toll on her cousin, so she wasn't offended by learning that she hadn't been spewing her history to every wolf she'd met. But her mate? Admittedly, Aster was a bit confused as to why even her mate was oblivious.
We, Eden and I, aren't from around here either. We're from waaay up north. We grew up together until, um...until we were...separated. I didn't see her for a long time after that since weren't even a year old when it'd all happened, but I never forgot about her. Aster thought back to when they were pups and her pack merged into theirs. She remembered chasing butterflies with Eden and laughing in the meadows. She remembered giggling and joking around during their lessons. She remembered the first fall they'd been in when Eden explained to her cousin what each color was like and how the leaves fell so effortlessly onto the ground. But most of all, Aster remembered her father did to them -- Emory's cries for her children still rang through her ears at night.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The male remained quiet as his stare remained on the snowy female, tail swaying behind him as he pondered silently to himself. How many more of Eden's family member were going to pop out of the woodwork? Was there any other wolves he should know about that would show up? Clearing his throat, Streiter's ears perked as the sound of Eden's cousin's voice filled the air once more, amber eyes shimmering in the dense light that caught his gaze as he concentrated on her words as she told him a small snippet of their history. An eyebrow would've rose if it were able as Streiter listened, the female's brief pausing as she thought about what words to use caused the mercenary's curiosity to peak slightly.

”I see.” Was all he said. Brown ears twitching as he listened to the low howl of the bitter breeze and the gentle rustling of the leaves that still remained attached to their branches.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster could tell in his voice that Sylvas wanted more, but it wasn't her place to tell Eden's story, and she wasn't ready to tell her own. If you want to know more, I'm sure Eden would gladly tell you. She gave a polite smile as a beacon of hope, though she knew the chances of Eden speaking on the things that happened that night were slim. 
So Streiter, Aster began, what's your trade? Or, I guess, what do you enjoy? Not every wolf had a trade or even cared to take one, but Aster longed to know more of the family member, whatever it may be. Hell, be could describe his favorite game from when he was a pup and Aster would still be satisfied.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
His brown ears twitched at the sound of her voice, amber eyes gazing to her for a moment as he silently thought about her words. It was true, if he wanted to know more then all he had to do was ask Eden. Streiter knew that they hardly knew much about each other, the only thing that had really brought them together, here and now were hos unborn children that grew within his mate's womb. A soft sigh escaped him as he gradually lowered himself to sit upon the leaf covered grass, pink tongue licking at his maw before he spoke smoothly, ”I would.. but given everything that has happened lately..” The brute turned away from the female, eyes scanning the terrain thoughtfully till he continued, ”I guess, I don't want to pry.” He gave a shrug of his shoulder and smiled slightly. A bit of mystery wasn't such a bad thing. Was it?

Head jerked and Streiter tilted his head at Aster's question, briefly clearing his throat as he replied, ”I'm training as mercenary since joining the Royal Fire Court.” Tail twitching amongst the leaves upon the grass as it thudded occasionally beside him, ”As a loner, you could say I enjoyed travelling to new places, seeing new things.”
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
It was interesting, Aster thought, that Eden would fall for a male training towards blood, but she didn't speak on it. Despite her cousin's hidden pleasures, Aster always thought Eden to be more of a pacifist. And Eden is okay with that? Confused, she adjusted herself a bit but quickly continued on, I'm training to be a hunter and a mercenary as well. Don't let the blind eyes fool you. A thin lipped smile danced across her lips as she awaited her cousin's response.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Streiter merely blinked as Aster questioned to whether Eden was okay with his decision. Truthfully, they'd never spoke of it and her cousin having now brought up the subject, confused the male. Inhaling slightly, amber eyes peered toward the light colored female, black lips parting as he licked his muzzle quickly, ”Why do you ask that?” Confusion was obvious within his tone as was it displayed across his face, tail giving a few flicks behind him as he cleared his throat nervously. Would Aster elaborate more? Or leave him in the dark again? Leaving him with another question to confront Eden about, that is when he next saw her; since she was currently within the safety of the Inner Circle.

The brute smile as Aster shared with him the skills she wished to peruse, the male letting a small chuckle escape him at her last remark, ”I never doubted they hold you back.” He offered a friendly smile and a dip of his head, amber eyes gradually gazing out to the terrain briefly before returning to her white form.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster took a deep breath as she thought carefully about what her next words would be. It's just, she began, Eden was always the more, how do I say this...dominant one. Her mother, my aunt, was adamant about teaching her daughter to rule, since she was supposed to take over the home pack. I just figured she'd keep down that path, I guess.
Aster stopped herself before getting too far ahead. Some parts of the past weren't meant to be talked about. Not even by those who'd witnessed it.
So Sylvas, how is the baba life treating you? Being a first time parent can be pretty hard. She thought back to her first litter, their innocent faces of her daughters contorting as their father stole their shallow breaths. And then to her sons as they were torn away from her teats and unto those of another. She remembered, and once the memories came back, there was no doing away with them.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Ears twitched instantly as Aster's voice sounded in the air, the brute turning to look to the female as his amber eyes gleamed in the dense light that caught his curious stare. Sylvas got the hint that Aster was indeed choosing her words carefully when answering his questions. Having noticed this, the mercenary couldn't help but feel a greater wash of curiosity come over him as he thought about his mate's unknown history. It bugged the brute already that he didn't know much about her as it is and now he seemed to be getting short snippets from her cousin. Streiter listened to Aster's words, the male licking his muzzle thoughtfully as she went on, though eventually changing the subject.

The male said nothing regarding what he'd just been told about Eden's upbringing, the male pushing the thoughts aside for the moment as he went on to answer Aster's current question about his future role as a father, ”It's daunting, I must say.” He said, tail giving a small flick as he smiled and continued, ”Though regardless, I'm honestly looking forward to it.”