Northstar Vale Xoanon
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
"We will move, eat, and sleep as one. And though we claim the vale, we will not do any monotonous patrolling -- spending our time and energy instead on hunts, and pack-bonding. We shall treat those not of us, who come into the vale, only as hostile if they refuse to respect our claim; and as opposed to a singular guardians, we will all serve the task. Potential joiners must seek us. wherever we might currently be in this place, and they will meet the pack at once. Because if they cannot cooperate with every member, then they do not deserve a place among us..." Warbone finished explaining everything to @Onai, their pace slow as they traveled side by side, snaking through the chilly vale in the light of a sinking sun. He ceased to speak any more, letting everything shared between them hang in the air as he waited to hear his companion's thoughts.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai listened intently as Warbone let loose a flurry of information as the two of them walked. Explaining that he served to lead and protect his pack. Then he went into the details surrounding his new pack. Stating that wolves were to exist as the wolf that they were and were resposible of forming bonds within the pack.  He explained that people in the Vale were not meant to have egos or hold grudges and to that Onai rolled his shoulders. He couldn't help it but he supposed it would be something he would have to work on.

Warbone continued speaking of how if all the wolves who followed him were like himself it would not work out. Onai nodded. Onai saw a lot of himself in Warbone but there were parts of him he knew wouldn't be allowed to be let out in this pack and it was going to be hard. But Onai figured he may adjust. Instead of each wolf to their own this pack worked as a unit, not worrying about strict border rules unless a wolf that wandered into the territory proved a threat to those that live there. They would spend the most time forming bonds with members and hunting. He also pointed out something that caught Onai's attention. "If they cannot cooperate with every member, then they do not deserve a place among us," were the words that last fell from Warbones maw. 

If anything about this pack was going to make his life difficult it would be just that. He got along with few wolves in his lifetime but he supposed should he get to know them and see things in them that he liked then their strength didn't really matter. "I think that this pack has some strong fundamentals and a great leader, I do know that there are things I will have to work on as I'm not used to having to get along with every wolf that enters. I usually get along best with wolves like myself, but I can understand that if the pack does not function as a team then the purpose is lost.  I think the concept of challenging for ranks is highly appealing knowing how I am but I will accept my place should someone prove superior to myself," he spoke. 

There were things he had thought about asking this wolf but he couldn't be sure of the situations as of yet so perhaps they were questions to be asked another time. "I think that there is a lot that your wolves and pack can offer me. Things that I can learn from you and from the others that I would never learn from where I came. My birth pack was born strictly to fight, something that I must admit i quite enjoy as I said once before. But, I have to admit since my brother took over there are decisions being made that I no longer feel right serving by him. I just, never known a life outside of that pack but now that I'm here I'm beginning to see the opportunities I have been missing out on," he stated with a small shrug and making sure to keep his eyes in front of him though glancing several times towards Warbone.

"I would love if you would take me in as a member of your pack, I will serve loyally to those that are here and prove my worth to you all. Though Warbone, you must understand, though I am joining your ranks, I do still need to keep searching for my sister. For my mind will not be at ease until I do. But I promise you that as soon as I find her...I will return here and join up with your wolves once again," he stated glancing out of the land that he would be soon to call home. It was a nice place and back in the mountains like he had grown up in. He smiled slightly, a weird smile but still a smile waiting to hear what the wolf would say.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone listened to Onai mostly, feeling his kinship in the dark male strengthening as they talked more. At some point, he chuckled, giving his scarred head a soft shake. "Your home sounds a lot like mine. They worshiped violence and taught us that physical assertion is the only path to respect -- the only way to become legend," he snorted slightly, revealing his derision for his family, and for the wolf he had blindly been before. "But there are more fulfilling ways to live than merely tearing those  apart who wouldn't understand your power until it was too late. There is more to life than blood and conquering  pain."

Onai would be free to express himself in the vale. Anyone who pledged after him would need to make accommodations for the dark one in their life, and in the very least, he would be able to teach their wolves how to properly fight -- help raise the young in the ways of the blackened ones. Though Warbone never intended to have his children know such a life as he and Onai had, it would be more than useful for them to know of it all the same. "I was just as you are, when I stood at your primed age. Do not worry, Onai, I will guide you to true strength. One you cannot accomplish alone."

Neither of their pasts were of any consequence at this point. The Skeleton did not matter, Onai's brother had no power here; they would be wolves born anew in the vale, and Warbone was glad to hear him accept his extended invitation to join his stead. But a part of the black wolf's past did come to haunt them. The Solothurn male was not happy to hear that he wished to journey still, but he supposed it couldn't truly be helped. He nodded, grunting in assent to the man's wishes. "Would she return with you?" he thought to ask.
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai listened as Warbone stated he too had been raised that way as a child but obvious to Onai he had changed a lot since those days. Warbone explained that there was no need for it and that he would help to guide Onai to a true power. One apparently Onai didn't already know of or could attain on his own. This caught his attention and he smiled. "Thank you for that, I appreciate your willingness to take me in and to guide me on this journey," he stated respectfully. 

Onai listened to Warbone's next question before forming an answer. "Well, I don't believe that she would, she is not much of a fan of me or really anything to do with me.  I'll be honest I was initially here to cause trouble with her for the fun of it, my brother would not have let me come under any other circumstance, but now I am no longer returning to him I am more just curious what she has done with her life," he stated. Though a thought trailed into his mind seperate from his sister. One wolf that frequently found herself amongst his thoughts.

"Can I ask you a question?" he asked with a tilt to his head before pausing long enough for Warbone to decline though he doubted the wolf would. "What does your pack think of mateships between wolves that are not in positions of authority," he stated leaving the question as vague as possible because he did not know where him and this girl actually stood. He figured it was a good generalized question anyways should he ever seek a mate.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone was certain about how he felt concerning the reason Onai was looking for his sister. It unfortunately reminded him that his own sister had come to destroy him, and though she had not been able to take his life, she had succeeded in breaking his heart -- forcing him away from what he had held most dear before finding Saena and the vale. It bothered him deeply to think that Onai was on a mission as Sivra had been, but the black wolf's candor on the situation kept him from immediately driving the man off.  

"As long as your intentions remain purely curious, you have a place with me, Onai. But heed me now -- out of personal grief for the subject, you are not to do anything that might have your shadows come here. I will defend you as my own brother, but I will not defend senseless crime." Of course there was no way for him to know whether or not Onai had done any wrongdoing, but considering that the brute had been very forthcoming with him so far, Warbone wasn't inclined to think him a liar. "When you return, you have a place with me and my own."

The conversation turned to accommodate his companion's question. It was a strange one, and also without a current answer. The scarred titan found his mouth turning into a smirk. "I would have no qualms with you taking a mate," he said candidly -- because surely he wasn't asking on the behalf of anyone else in the vale. "Procreation, however, is a different subject... and one that is best left to the opinion of my partner Saena. She is a possessive little thing. And I cannot imagine that children not her own would appeal to her best side."

Warbone imagined that wolves could find their love in this vale, as maybe he himself had, but if they became ready to start their own family, it would likely need to be done elsewhere.
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Onai listened as Warbone explained that so long as Onai did nothing more than observe then he would still be welcome amongst his ranks. Warbone stated he did not want any shadows coming to haunt Onai because he wouldn't defend senseless crime. Which made sense to him. "I won't disappoint you Warbone, and I promise I won't do anything stupid," he stated with a curt nod. 

Warbone then spoke answering Onai's latest question about mates. He explained that he saw no problem with Onai taking a mate however procreation would have to be taken up with the other alpha Saena. To which Onai provided another nod. "Alright, thank you. I appreciate that bit of information because it could potentially apply to sometime in the near/distant future," Onai stated remaining extremely vague for he could not guarentee the likelihood of him taking a mate let alone the wolf that travelled his mind.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for the wait, Shannon, but could we fade here? Trying to freshen up my threadlog! <3

The impressive male had shown Warbone nothing but a complete transparency since the moment they had started speaking. He had no reason to doubt him, and further he expected that he'd remain true to his words, returning after his own task had seen its end. Only time would tell, however, how likely it was that he'd ever see the dark warrior again. For now though, he would use him while he could. "I would have you join me on a hunt, Onai, if you feel up to it. Let us feed before you start your journey."
86 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Warbone wished Onai to join him on a hunt should he feel up to it to which Onai nodded. "I would be honoured," he stated with a warm smile. He followed Warbone and the two hunted down a decent sized kill. Then Onai bid his farewells and travelled to find a place to rest for the night. He would return soon provided nothing changed but his journey would begin again at dawn. 

He still had no clue where to look but he was sure he was getting closer. Not to long now.