Silver Creek the sword of martin the warrior
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Private 
Casmir placed one paw before the other carefully. the night before had been riddled with worry, for both himself and for Laika -- but the words which had brought him back to the Creek rang in the back of his mind. he had not forgotten Saena's words, nor the vision of her standing before him with pride upon her lips, even as he saw the emotion rife within her. 

unbidden, thoughts of his father leapt to mind; he took another step. Lasher would never have dared to do such a thing, but then again, Lasher had been ultimately pacifistic. perhaps Constantine was such, but Casmir was not. he had too much to lose. the sprawled pieces of his plan tumbled through his mind, and he tried to affix them together, to no avail. fuck it. he'd wing it.

Casmir breathed in the cool air of autumn, let his eyes drink in the chaotic colours of the falling leaves, and called for @Spring.
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
A call for her rang in her ears. It was Casmir.  Curiously she began to make her way to him, wondering what was up. Most recently, even though he and Laika hadn't been able to bring back Laurel and Indra, she had been thinking over something for Casmir.  He had been so loyal to her ever since he had stopped trying to fight against her leadership at the beginning.  He had been a good subordinate and had been with Silver Creek for a while now, plus Laika hadn't wanted the position back.  He deserved the title she wanted to give him.  Beta.  Little did she know though that Casmir had something else in mind.

Soon enough she came upon him and flashed him a small warm smile.  "Hey Casmir, what's up?"  She asked him, hoping he wasn't feeling too down about everything going on.  "If you need help with something I'd be glad to help... and actually on that I'd like to offer you something, only if you want it though of course," she paused for a moment, just to wait And see what he would say.  She had no idea.

Assuming Spring knows Casmir's back because of the other thread.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Spring came to him, and Casmir found himself swallowing the words he'd wanted to say. he found, guiltily, that he was happy to see her, and sighed lowly as he stepped into her presence, dipping his muzzle to nudge her shoulder. Saena was right -- the Creek belonged to him -- but how could he tell Spring to fuck off after what she'd done for them?

Cas hated himself for his vacillation but closed his lips shut on the words. "what's up, Spring?" he asked gently, tail flagging behind him as his single ear swiveled in her direction.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Something felt a little off, but she decided not to let it bother her guessing it was just her imagination.  For a few moments she was quiet as she quickly ran over in her mind how she wanted to bring the news to Casmir, hoping that he would accept the position in which he deserved.  She was ready.  "Casmir, you've been here for a while now and you've proven yourself a vital part of this pack.  So with that I'd like to offer you the position of Beta.  I hope you'll except, though I understand fully if you don't want to."  Then she waited in silence, wodering what Casmir would choose.  She was more than sure he would take the position, after all why wouldn't he?

The offering of the Beta position brought her back to when Saena had offered her the position.  That felt like forever ago now, but she still remembered the meeting clearly.  The Famine had still been in action, with a few locusts fluttering around, the ground littered with bodies of the locusts.  Everything had been so bare, but still she would cherish that moment, because it felt good when someone wanted you to play a larger part, without ever having to answer.  It made one feel important.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Spring was quick and to the point, something Casmir appreciated. and in the next moment, he relaxed, something untangling deep within him. Saena was correct, but he would not try to rip Silver Creek from Spring, not when she offered him leadership on a damn silver platter. a wide smile broke across his face. "yeah, Spring. dude .... that would be great." Laika was leadership, and now he could join her.

his tail swayed behind his hips as he crossed the clearing to nudge her chin. "i need to tell you what happened, Spring," he sighed, the mood behind his eyes turning somber once more.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He accepted and her heart fluttered with delight, finally once more she would have someone else she trusted in the Upper Tier, someone she could count on.  Soon the moment ws broken and Casmir was ready to report back what had happened.  She had noticed that she had not seen Laurel nor Indra yet and that scared her... maybe though they were actually here, maybe her mind was just playing tricks on her.  Her gaze lowered, no matter how hard she tried to push away the truth it still laid there.  There was also Saena, who had also not come back, eyt Spring did not know why so she would let Casmir tell her.

"I'm sorry about the girls Casmir... I still haven't caught there scents on Silver Creek land... they're gone aren't they?"  She had almost never wanted to be so wrong in her whole life.  She missed the girls so much and thought of them too.  The good memories though... not Laurel's last words to her.  She thought of playing house with Laurel and talking to Indra about bugs... she missed them so much.  She wanted them to come back home, yet they were still gone with no sign of them coming back yet.  "I miss them so much," she whispered quietly, her eyes tracing the dirt.  For a few moments she was silent before she looked back up.  "What of Saena though, where is she?"
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he stepped forward and nudged her cheek then, and nodded somberly. "they're staying with Reek, and Saena isn't coming home either. she ... wants to stay close." he saw no reason to tell her of his cousin's desire to run off with some rando she found; he didn't understand it, but had accepted the fact that it wasn't his decision to accept. it had nothing to do with him, and was no one's business but Saena's own. "i failed. i guess. and Laika.."

his voice trailed away. "i'd hoped she'd made it back before me, but it looks like she didn't." he sighed, his single ear wilting against his skull. "it's been a sucky couple of weeks. what's been going on here?" Cas murmured, hoping that Spring had better news than he.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
It was sad to hear the news of Laurel and Indra's whereabouts confirmed for her, she just couldn't believe that they had chosen that monster of their Mother... yet she would admit that Reek was good at seeming good when you first met him... as time went on though you got to see him for who he really was.  Greedy and self-centered. She understood now why Saena was gone now.  Of course she would wait for her children, for a Mother never forgets.

When she heard of Laika's  disapearence it felt like a slap to the face and she took a few steps back eyes wide with surprise.  "Laika wasn't with you?"  She asked, heart racing.  Laika couldn't be gone... just couldn't.  It felt unreal.  Perhaps Laika had just fallen abck a little and would would be back shortly.  Maybe it was just the opposite of what Casmir had originally hoped.  Maybe he had just made it back to the Creek before her.  So with a calming breath, she spoke to of course reasure Casmir, but mostly herself.  "Oh, well maybe Laika just fell back a little... maybe she'll be here in a few days time."  It didn't sound all that convincing, even to her, still she had to hope for the best.

For some moments she was silent, but then began to speak and inform Casmir on all the important events that he had missed.  "Well... Rowan gave birth to Mona and Cortland Mayfair which you might already know," even though the though of Laika missing troubled her, the thought of those pups made her smile.  "My sister Natashe also joined us and there's a potential recruit named Tivona who seems like she'll join..." for a brief moment she paused, then a small twinkle appeared in her eyes, "and Hestbro as he tells me you call him, has really missed you."  She paused again racking her brain for anything else when she remembered the news of Amber's leaving.  "And the last thing is that my sister Amber got pregnant and ran off with some dude I don't know... it's not as bad as it sounds, but it still seems quite stupid to me that Amber would do such a thing."
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Casmir merely nodded at Spring's mention of Laika, not wanting to dwell on what would potentially be another loss for him. his single ear cupped forward and he listened fondly as the pretty alpha caught him up on all the goings-on that he'd missed. filing each name away to remember later, it was the talk of Rowan and her kids that held his attention. Cortland and Mona -- Mayfair, he was sure. he wanted to go to her right then, but decided she needed to rest.

"wow," he muttered, frowning as Spring recounted what Amber had done. "she seemed really sensible -- that doesn't make a lot of sense, what she did." a sigh followed his words and he smiled thinly. "i've missed Hestbro too," he joked, "and you too, i guess," Cas purled with a wink -- of course he'd missed her.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She just nodded at the remarks of her sister's departure.  Yes, she had seemed sensible... but still Amber had always in Spring's eyes been a little defiant.  Wanting to choose everything on her own, without asking to much as to if she should do what she wished if it were an important decision.

"Well I'm very glad to see you back Casmir, but I'd better be going to mark the borders and do a little bit of hunting."  Then she turned to make her leave, turning around and walking away towards the border where she would spend majority of the rest of the day remarking and patrolling.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
[table width=55%][tr][td]
"bye, Spring," Cas called, smiling once before he too headed off to do the same. but first, he would visit Rowan and her children, and the idea warmed him as he moved in the opposite direction of his alpha.[/tr][/td][/table]