Two Rivers Isle Lady of Arthendal
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Private 

Burke looked not very pleased when his dripping body came from the cold river. He shook out his fur throughly till he had a nice buffer of air between it that he could warm up again. Hanging from his mouth was a freshly caught rabbit from the mainland, something that his wife loved to eat. He couldn't understand what she found so delicious about it but he didn't think much from it. He just went to get it for her.

She organized a birthday party for him and was still the lady of this pack. He still loved her even though their relationship itself was just there. Burke decided to do something extra. It was really a step out of the way for the older man, but apparently the Lady of Arthendal made him do such things for her. He located her quickly and greeted her with a muffled woof, to then place the rabbit by her feet. "For you," he spoke shortly, as always a man of not many words.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice was sitting near their den, waiting around for either her mate or her children to come and take her mind off of what had happened to Aero. She could not let it go - she could not rest easy with the thought of Nemesis being in the possession of toes and ears from members of their peaceful Arthendal. Her sister had not deserved this, and it was all because of her... At least, that's what she told herself.

When footfalls neared, a woof soon following, the Lady jumped up only to see it was her mate - drenched, which made him somehow look a little cuter. Some nights she lay awake with the thought of official marriage, as they did at the Peak and so many other places, but did not dare bring it up. She had been lucky to have grown to love the man she had met on neutral grounds while she knew he had been the leader of a brotherhood - that he loved her, she already knew, so what would marriage do? 

He carried her favorite snack with him, and Malice blushed deeply under her dark coat. Aww, thank you, my love. She said sweetly. Always he cheered her up, even with his cranky ways and his graying muzzle. What's the occasion? She asked with a smile, nosing over the rabbit before starting to strip its fur from its flesh.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Malice as she took the rabbit from him. The male sat down and tipped his head a bit as she asked for the occasion. He was close to commenting that he had a whole plan with bringing this rabbit to her but he did not. "Does it need to be for an occasion?," he rumbled softly to her in his usual grumpy way. He could have joked that he hoped to get in her pants but that was not really the case here. He actually did want to do something nice for her.

The male lowered himself and laid down. "I will remember that for the next time," he lightly teased her. Like he never did something nice for her. He was super nice to Malice in his eyes. His pale eyes watched her enjoy her meal, at least that did him well. "We've been living separate lives lately, so I thought it would be a nice gesture," he explained.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Of course not everything needed a reason, even if she wanted there to be one. She knew kindness should not often be questioned, not even from the enemy if one knew it was genuine, but still she did every time. She hated questioning every little thing, but it was who she was - especially now. She felt it in her bones that the Dark Brotherhood was coming for them, for their children and their home, and with that she could not just stay still and look pretty for her subjects and mate. She had to take action, with or without her other part, to protect her babes and home. Of course not. She answered softly, sweetly.

While Burke lied down, she took her first actual bite. It was cold and warm at the same time - what felt strange before, but slowly turned into hunger and a desire to eat the rest of it. She licked her lips clean after just a few bites, leaving still a lot of the rabbit, returning to him and him only. We truly have. She agreed with him in a sadder tone. She missed him whenever he was gone, but never to the point she actually wanted to find him or bother him about it - knowing he would always sleep next to her and their kids who were kind of outgrowing their nest.

Burke... What do you think will become of our little Vassago? She asked softly.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke couldn't deny that he had been busy but the male liked control and for control over his territory he needed to patrol a lot. He was keen on becoming a master guardian. Something he would have worked hard for. He watched how Malice left him a light snack with what was left from the rabbit and started nibbling on it. He looked up at her question though. "He has been rather stubborn lately," he frowned and looked at Malice.

"He will easily get himself killed if he doesn't watch out. He feels reckless to me. Alas I was reckless one time too, so he might learn one day," he spoke to Malice. He had not really a clear vision of Vassago's future. He hoped that he would be the fighter and sensible one. But it didn't seem to be the case. "However the want to fight for us, to protect us is admirable. Heroic. Foolishly Heroic," he spoke to Malice. "What is important is that we are still a family and that our pups made it to this age we can think about their futures," he let out thoughtfully.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice nodded her head slowly. Vassago surely was as stubborn as his father, and it did not fair well with the lady. From her mate she could take it, even somewhat found it amusing, but her children had to listen to the wisdom and advise she gave. Perhaps that someday will be too late... She said sadly, casting her gaze down with a frown. I know we should let them find their own path, but I fear for his life if he does go beyond the river. She sighed.

Burke was right, it was nice Vassago wanted to fight for them, but he had to learn to listen. He could help out more alive than dead, and Malice hoped her firstborn would understand. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Malice's worried face. The male wanted to do something about it, but it seemed that kids did make one's life filled with more stress. Burke looked at her, as he was trying to think of a solution. "Perhaps, but then we at least tried everything to stop him. Perhaps it is something we can't avoid. I hope the doesn't betray our location though," he spoke, now thoughtful himself.

"Perhaps I could talk to him, though he isn't listening much to me lately," he admitted. Burke was kind of annoyed by it, but the male also had that fuck-it side that would often show up when things would get too difficult. Especially with raising children. He felt old at certain days. "Sometimes I feel really old," he muttered to her. Only ever admitting that to her.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Of course it was something they could avoid. They were his parents. As long as he was under a year, he was supposed to listen to them and them only - even beyond that year he actually should. Freedom was something Malice always sought for, and here she had found it. She was not about to let her firstborn go beyond the river to get captured or killed and abandon the freedom she had given him. If her family was going down, she would go down with them - but not into some foolish believe that maybe they could beat the dark wolves of the Brotherhood.

No, Burke. I will not sit and wait for his return if he does go. It would kill me inside. She told her mate sternly, but not unloving. She let out a giggle at the man's words. She guessed Burke could cheer her up no matter what. Vassago? He doesn't listen to anyone. He probably has that from me... She let out with a soft sigh.

You are old, dear - but not unworthy or unnecessary. Wisdom comes with time. She giggled, though her words were true. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Malice understandingly. Of course the mother didn't want to sit and wait for Vassago to return. That was why she was the mother for. Burke nodded. "I will help you search," he offered her. He knew that if they were with two they might be quicker with searching.

A long sigh left the father. "Guess you're right," he spoke teasingly. He knew that he was stubborn too. "Perhaps this trip will give him some sense somehow," he stated and quirked up his lips to his mate. He leaned against her. A low rumble came from his throat. "Glad you think that of me," he grinned. He couldn't help but wonder what the female saw in him but he was glad she did otherwise he was all alone in this world.