Greatwater Lake It's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
All Welcome 
He had been here before, or at least he thought so. But the boy had never truly explored the Lake before, and his memories of it were faded and few. Thus, when morning came, he slipped from the borders and journeyed an hour to the lake, still and calm. 

The day was cold, yet the absence of wind diminished the chill and Seff found his thickening coat was able to keep him quite warm. He approached the still surface of the lake, paws muddied and cold, and as he pressed a forepaw into the water he discovered it very much the same. Deciding to stick to warmer, drier ground, he beck pedaled and begun to walk the shore...perhaps he would discover just how big the lake was.
Matthew 5:44
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Once Emma caught sight of the little one escaping, instincts told her to follow him on his morning stroll. Though she hadn't yet becone acquainted with any of the pups beside Abraxas (he wasn't exactly fond of the older woman) they were Nemesis's children so she felt a certain responsibility over their lives. She watched silently as the boy dipped his paw in the freezing water...
It's freezing! Can't he tell?
...and kept her approach subtle until he started off down the shore. At that point, she decided that it was safer to make her presence known than to continue lurking, thus she chuffed out her arrival and made a slow entry. Hey kid, Emma called out, You enjoying the winter so far? Me personally, I hate all the fuc--freaking snow. This is your first time seeing it, eh? Sure, the beach was clear, but the flurries took no hesitation in fluttering down the past few days.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
A chuff had him peering over his shoulder, at the woman that approached. She was certainly tall, and for a moment he was wary; before the scent of Blackfeather reassured him that she was a packmate. He also noticed, with no small amount of pride, that his adult frame was only a few inches shorter than her own. Sure, he had to fill out some more before he would truly look the full adult, but he was close.

at her casual greeting, he replied in kind, saying simply "Hey" he did not miss the word she almost uttered, yet said nothing of it. "Yeah. But it keeps melting so quickly." He said with distaste. Curiosity in his expression, he asked, "Who're you?"
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Emma laughed at Seff's casual manner; it seemed like things between them were going much better than she'd expected them to. I'm Emèlie, kinda new recruit, I guess. She looked forward and took a deep inhale, sucking in the last bit of warmth that the air had to offer. What brings ya here? I wouldn't expect to see anyone wanderin' around out here when it's this cold. 
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She introduced herself as Emilie, new recruit. To her introduction, he merely replied, "My name's Seff. I left for a while, to find my family, but now I'm back" he added, a small smile on his muzzle. He scanned the lake a moment, though no end was in sight he thought he might be able to make out the distance, blurred opposite shoreline. 

"I'd like to get my scout trade, so I'm exploring." He told her thoughtfully, gazing at the lake a moment longer before switching his gaze back to hers. "Do you like traveling?"
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
So he wasn't Nemesis's kid? Regardless, he seemed interesting, so Emma stuck around. Huh. I do, actually. I have my scout trade now. She smiled and playfully nudges her companion's shoulder. Where did ya want to go? Emma asked, her voice oozing in curiousity. I've seen most of the land around here but there's no downside to getting out and working the ol' vessel.
With a laugh, she stretched out her hind leg and shook her head free of the night's embrace. 
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She was a little odd, he decided, but all right. At her words, he tilted his head curiously, still pacing the lakes edge. "I don't know. Do you know any interesting places?" He asked with mild interest gleaming in his optics. It would certainly be interesting to see if there were any places worth exploring nearby, and so far every place he remembered being had some aspect to make it unique. "Are there any packs near here?" He asked as an afterthought, knowing only of very few.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Yeah, I guess there are a few, but I can't say that they're interesting. He seemed old enough to make his way around here on his own, so why hadn't he? The kid seemed curious enough. Why haven't you gone to see for yourself, heh? Never stopped by any borders?
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Nothing of great interest, she said, which left him a little disappointed, for something that was near here and of great interest would be fun to explore. Yet he did not comment on this, gaze still on the lake as she continued. She questioned as to why he had never sought out another packs borders, and he replied quite simply, "I was to young, I think. Though now, I'd like to explore more often." He said idly, gaze flickering to a gleaming fish as it breached the surface of the lake a distance out. They walked but a little further before they parted ways, and Seff thought he ought to seek her out again in the future, perhaps, and see what she could tell him of the places she had seen.