Shy Deer Steppes Vulpine
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
The lands were barren,  yet not of life. The boys eyes caught the fleeing form of a few deer as he walked, yet never saw them up close. The odd lizard skittered beneath a rocky overhang as he passed, and on occasion he would spot in the distance vultures circling low.

When the midnoon sun hung high overhead did he pause, stepping lightly to the nearest small stream he could find and drinking deeply, eyes flitting over the landscape as he did so, relief at his thirst finally sated great.
@Odette!
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She'd left the fen originally in search for food outside of the pack's boundaries for the pups, just to test her luck in other places to see if she would end up successful, yet she found that while some lands held some decent sized prey, she was much better at fishing than she was hunting the prey animals that habbited the land.

So basically she eventually dropped the whole prey search thing and decided to just explore for the pure fun of it.

As she strolled through the unknown land, having recently stepped beyond the Haunted Wood, her curious green gaze studied the land around her now.  It was pretty barren here, pretty much a desert actually, still she liked the way that the sand felt beneath her paws like a warm, soft, crumbly cushion.

As time passed and midnoon came around she found herself craving some sweet laps of water after having been walking for so long.  For a short while she searched until finally she found a place, but as she neared something caught her eye... no someone.  She stopped short a little unsure, before padding closer, when suddenly she realized the wolf's age.  He looked young... younger than her actually.  She padded up to the stream, though she was on the other side.  Before she took a drink she eyeballed him for a moment, before deciding to through out a greeting.  "Hey."  She said quietly, then unsure whether or not he had heard her she quickly lowered her head and began to lap up some of the stream's water.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
His eyes sought out another soon enough, and raised his muzzle and was still at her approach, yet said nothing until she dipped her head, until finally greeting him with a casual "hey". Deeming her to be of no threat, and an adolecent as he was, he offered a trepidant smile. "Hey." 

After a moment pause  in which he caught a stray drip of water with his tongue, he asked, "Who're you?" His voice was curious, his mind wondering why he had the sudden luck to encounter so many girls of his age. And yet, no boys. He could hardly be the only one, and yet he wondered. He watched her carefully, the stream between them along with a few feet distance. He was not going to approach her as he would a packmate, but neither did he harbor any insecurities.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He returned the greeting and she looked up from the stream, a few drips of water slipping from her muzzle, which she quickly demolished by licking her chops. Her eyes lifted in slight surprise as he asked for her name.  For a few seconds she was silent and her mouth felt dry like she forgot how to speak, but then the sensation returned and she gave him her name.  "I'm Odette," she replied.

Not sure what else to say on her part right now, she then shyly ducked her head back to the stream, and once again found herself lapping up more of the cool, refreshing water.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She introduced herself as Odette, the boy adding quickly after, "I'm Seff. Are you from around here, Odette?" He asked kindly, small smile on his face. He had noticed that she seemed rather shy, and thus a friendly demeanor might do well. As a scout; well, an almost scout, he felt it important to gain as much information as he could about the places he scouted. Surely information about a nearby pack would be beneficial to Damien, he decided quickly.

he peered at her, still drinking, and feeling her to be of no threat settled back on his haunches, tail wagging lazily a moment as he watched her idly, waiting for an answer of some kind.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Seff he called himself, her head rose once more and she slowly lowered herself to her haunches.  He wanted to know if she was from around her, which she was of course, because Broken Antler Fen really wasn't all that far from here.  "Nice to meet you Seff," she began in a quieter tone, "I am from around here actually.  From a place called Broken Antler Fen."  She made sure to keep vague about where the Fen was for now, because while Seff seemed nice enough, she had learned through experience that even someone who seemed nice could be cruel at heart.  So for now she'd stick to vague.

"What about you Seff?  Are you from around here?"  She asked him, wrapping her tail over her paws, eyes focused on the stream, just in case some unlucky fish swam by that could be her lunch.  Yet for now none showed themselves.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She affirmed that she was from around here, and gave a name. Broken Antler Fen. He would remember it, for even that was valuable information if he wanted to learn more about places scattered throughout the wilds, and attach names to packs. She didn't point it out, though- most likely a protection in case he turned out to be an evil maniac. Which he most decidedly was not, yet he could have been.

at her question, he gestured vaguely in the direction of the Sunspire mountain range, dim and faded in the distance. "I live in the Flatlands, a place called Blackfeather. I'm trying to get my scout trade, so I'm exploring." He explained with another soft smile, wondering if she could perhaps give him some information he would find himself very interested in. 

"Have you ever been south of here, Odette?" He asked with a tilt of his head. Perhaps, had she been, she could tell him of the lands that she lived around. Perhaps he could tell Freyja, for surely she had never been this far south.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Blackfeather woods, a scout for them, she took this information in.  She'd  have to ask Pearl or Seb about that pack, find out what they were all about, if either of them knew.  She wondered for a moment though what Blackfeather was like... the name sounded a bit shady, but you could never judge something by it's cover.
As he asked her if she had been South of hear, she gave him a small nod, "I live further South than here," she replied with a shrug.  "How about you though Seff, after all you're the scout so may I ask if you've ever been farther North from here?"  She asked him, purely curious now.  Then she dipped her head grabbing a few licks of water, before raising her head once more.

217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She was perhaps a little odd in that she warmed up to him rather quickly, though he was glad for it. "Yes- I've been to the Taiga, the Mountains and Rising Sun Valley, though I've explored the Flatlands the most." He told her idly. When he looked back on it, he had been quite a few place, more than most, perhaps. He doubted the names would mean much to her if she lived further south, though perhaps she knew them from another source.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Everywhere he had been pretty much went through one ear and out the next, except his mention of going to the mountians.  She wondered if he'd ever been to Silvertip... probably not since Steady's pack was there... but it was still a possibility and if he had she could gather some more information about what was happening at Silvertip.

"Have you been to Silvertip?"  She asked him, her eyes studying him for a moment to gauge his answer, before lapping up another bit to drink from the water.  Her eyes then rose once more to Seff to hear his answer.  For if he had been to Silvertip she had quite a few questions to ask him, but if not... well then nothing would change.

217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She had but one question for him, which aroused his curiousity, though he did not give any indication other then a slightly furrowed brow as he asked, "I haven't...what and where is Silvertip?" His voice was purely curious, for Silvertip, he would assume, was a mountain, and there had to be something special about it to interest the girl so.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She kinda just wanted to skip the subject of Silvertip, but since he'd asked, she decided that she might as well warn him.  After all if he was going to be a scout, mind as well warn him to not take any chances at that mountain if he ever thought of going there.

"Silvertip is somewhere that used to be a wonderful place, back when my parents were leader, then my Father and Brother died, leaving just my Mother and Uncle.  My Mother then died in the famine and my Uncle ordered the pack to cannibalize her.  That was the day I left."  She told him, her voice laced with anger, "I'm just warning you."