Sunbeam Lair Family
42 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
She had to leave. Maybe this wasn't exactly what Ava had in mind, making Bonnie talk about her sister and all, but it's how things worked out. Crazy how things happen, isn't it? Winter woke Bonnie just after the sun made its rise and immediately she called for Asterr.
The graciousness that Bonnie felt to the small Chieftess was immeasurable which is why it pained her so to have to leave. But the dreams hadn't stopped and she knew that if she didn't find Esther soon, they never would.
• Counselor (2/5) •
• Hunter (0/5)
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
hope its okay if i drop in?

Avannon  heard Bonnie's call for Asterr and she grew concerned. Was the girl in trouble? she stood up and made her way over there, sitting down in front of Bonnie "Are you okay? are you hurt?"  she asked in a rush, her gaze sweeping over the pale female quickly to determine if she was injured. there were no outward signs of injury. 

Confused and concerned, she looked at the girl who had become a sort of friend to her waiting for her to explain. Anxiety filled her as the silence drew on, so she looked down at her paws, nervously.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Tightly had her body been curled as she’d slept within her den, back towards the entrance whilst her muzzle remained pointed towards her girls. Every so often she’d awoken during the night in order to check on them and readjust herself, the cool breezes taking her by surprise. Though her winter coat had started growing in already, she was still rather small and easily chilled, but often had she tried to ignore her discomfort in favour of her children. For as long as they were kept warm, she was happy, despite her own inability to relax. When she’d heard a call rise up with the wind, her stomach had felt as if someone had reached into her and twisted it. The cold made her want to do nothing more than stay with the hatchlings, but she was well aware of how it might appear if she were to ignore the request of a tribe member—especially if the reason for her presence being required was important. Even still, it had been with great reluctance that she’d dragged herself out of the den and searched for Ukko. After finding him and exchanging a few words, she’d shared how long she thought she might be away for and then directed him towards the den, not wanting to leave the girls to freeze whilst she was away.

When Asterr had reached the other female, at last, she found that she wasn’t alone. It made her curious, as well as want to figure out exactly what was going on—which she’d planned to do after settling herself down and looking towards Bonnie. With a nod of her head, the girl had asked but a simple question: “What is it that you require?” Or, in other words, why had she called for the Chieftess?
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
42 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Bonnie was quickly greeted by the frames of two most ethereal femmes—though the concerned Ava showed first, Asterr was close behind. Turning to Ava, she explained that she was okay with a smile and gentle shake of the head. Then, her attention was on Asterr. Well, I was gonna ask if you might grant me leave. Bonnie's voice was soft, each word gentle as it curled from her lips. There's just a few things that I need to take care of if I'm ever gonna be a half-decent member to your clan here.
• Counselor (2/5) •
• Hunter (0/5)
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Relief was felt when Bonnie stated that she was in good health, so she relaxed and sat down. Now the emotion felt was confusion which quickly turned into pride mixed with sadness. She was smart enough to know why Bonnie wanted leave, for they had spoken about her sister not too long ago. Though she would miss the gentle and docile woman, she understood what it was like to want to find someone you loved. She had had the urge to do so for Jolon many times since his Absence but knew it was the wrong thing to do. 

She looked at Bonnie, attempting to meet her gaze and gave the slightest inclination of her head and a smile. She was saying I understand...good for you without giving away anythin to Asterr. Or so she hoped.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Swiftly delivered explanations were always pleasant, though the one received from the female had been unexpected. It was to her that all of the Chieftess’ attention had been given, Avannon’s presence there temporarily forgotten and her silent support unnoticed. To have a member of the tribe request a leave of absence from her directly was rather unusual, but not in a negative sense. In a way, she was glad to have been thought about during such a restless time in the female’s life. It was delightful, too, to have such a conversation, rather than simply waking up one morning to find that Bonnie had departed; so many others had done so in the past that it was something she just expected to happen now.

The decision was not a hard one to make, her answer being, “I will allow for you to leave.” In spite of the season, and just how poor her timing had been all around, Asterr had felt generous given the way in which she’d been approached with the matter. “Once you have completed all that you must take care of, you may return here,” she’d added. “I will not turn you away.” Nor would it give her a strike, which was a point not meant to be added aloud. Feeling it to be a waste, she’d bothered not with asking about how long she’d be away for, understanding that some trips could not have a time limit placed on them. Asterr listened to whatever else the girl might have to say and then saw her off. When, or even if, she might return, the vessel knew not, but she'd wished the girl safe travels all the same. Thereafter she'd parted ways with Avannon and then returned to the innermost reaches of the lair, intending to busy herself to make up for the loss of a tribe member.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”