Silver Creek Turkey Day
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Mandatory pack hunt in honor of the holidays, please post by November 28th for round 1.
@Casmir @Rowan Mayfair @Heston @Natashe

A gang of five turkeys had crossed into Silver Creek territory who's scent had caught the Alpha's attention.  She could almost taste the juicy texture of turkey in her maw as she imagined sinking her fangs into one of those tasty birds.  Right now she could just make them out some odd feet away from her.  The opportunity of a turkey feast made her tail wag in delight.  It had been quite a while since she had last had turkey and she intended for that to not be her last time.

Her howl rang in the air for her pack, as she stood there, eyes zeroing in on the turkeys.  She then sat licking her chops as she thought of how the hunt would go.  Perhaps they should work in pairs... yet that wouldn't work perfetly because there were five of them... well maybe it could but there would be one group of two and one group of three and these turkeys were actually pretty decent sized turkeys, so surely they wouldn't need every single one of them, so with that in mind she waited.
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe sat up at the sound of Spring's call, and stood up stretching her muscles languidly before trotting in the direction of her sister's voice. Following her smell she soon stood behind Spring, her mouth watering as she stared at the large birds longingly "oh yes..." She said happily, her tail wagging in earnest.

She took note of the uneven number of Turkeys and tried to figure out the plan. " Avoiding the wings and talons is a good idea. The wings are very powerful." She said in a whisper, so as not to disturb the birds and cause them to flee.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Heston was intrigued by the call for the pack. He'd not been around for a pack meeting as of yet, and so he wondered if this would be his first. Instead, he arrived to find the two remaining Ciel sisters staring ravenously at a rather unlucky group of turkeys. His own eyes lit up and he licked his chops unconsciously. He'd always liked the flavor of turkey. It had such a different taste than hare or rabbit, it truly was a special treat.

He moved up beside the sisters, dipping his head to each politely. "Do we have a gameplan yet? Or will we wait for the others first?"
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he was Beta now, and needed to air himself as such. while Cas was more than a little worried as to why Laika hadn't yet returned, he couldn't bog himself down with thoughts of what hadn't happened. he needed to move forward, for the good of Silver Creek. and so he answered Spring's call with a lope that brought him into her presence. the scent of turkeys filled his nostrils, and he bumped Heston's shoulder with a grin. 

their elk-hunting tactic wasn't gonna work this time, sadly. he trained his eyes on Spring then, to see what she would decide to do.
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan was reluctant to leave the children alone, overly protective of them as she was. With strict instructions for the two to not leave the densite Rowan made her way towards the call, finding the group of wolves already assembled. Her eyes sought Casmir's for a moment and she stayed quiet, preferring silence to nervous chatter especially when it came to a potential kill.

She waited instructions, her reclusive status since the birth of her children only furthered by her unease at the moment. Things were still too fresh, between hearing that Donnelaith now belonged to children and in reality, she most likely wouldn't have had to flee at all. It was still a great deal and the single mother was worried - Laika wasn't back yet, either, and it only raised the alarm further. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Next round ends on December 7th

She eyed the turkeys out of the corner of her eye, currently the turkeys were downwind, so they had not yet noticed the wolves coming for them.  She listened as comments and questions were placed by Natashe and Heston.  "We have a gameplan, but well wait for the others first," she replied to Heston.  

It took a little bit but finally everyone was there Natashe, Heston, Casmir and Rowan, all ready to hunt.  She listened as comments and questions were placed by Natashe and Heston.  "Okay, great to see everyone here. So were going to head for the turkeys in pairs.  I'd like Casmir, Rowan and Natashe to work together and Heston will come with me," for a moment she paused, "Casmir, Natashe and Rowan, I'd like you three to head for one of the turkeys on the left, me and Heston will take one on the right."  She sent a collective glance over her members.  "Any questions?"
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe listened to her sister deal out instructions and once again felt awe and pride. Hiding the embarrassing emotions from the other Ciel she shook her head "No, I have none"she answered and turned to Rowan and Casmir. Rowan she was familiar with, at least by scent and sight for she had run into the woman along the borders after following the sound of yipping puplings to Rowan's den. She dipped her head to the woman, and then Turned to Casmir "I am Natashe. I have an idea if you will listen to it. You two can slip around the back of the turkey, while i stand in front of it. If it tries to move, so shall I blocking its path. You can creep up behind the bird as close as possible and then i will startle it backwards into your jaws" She usually made a better introduction of herself, but now was not the time to dally on formalities.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Rowan arrived next, and Cas smiled quietly at her. it took a lot for the Mayfair to be away from her kids, but they were growing strong and healthy — they'd be okay while the pack hunted. he looked to Spring then, and gave a fake awww of disappointment that he'd have to be separated from his broski, but he was pleased to spend time with Rowan, and get to meet Natashe. 

it was the latter of the two that held his attention with her detailed strategy — the boy pondered it in his head, before nodding and glancing to Rowan to see what she thought. he was happy to give the lead away, especially to a new wolf who needed to prove her worth to the pack.
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan wasn't worried with the particulars over who did what. Her frame leant itself more to speed than strength but she was quick witted and cunning at times. She didn't doubt their success even before they had started. Her eyes met Casmirs when they were grouped together and a strategy laid out. It was simple enough and it could work. Rowan gave a nod of her head, waiting for them to disperse so that she could begin to find her position. 

239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He had nodded as Spring said they'd wait, he had assumed as much. Still, it was hard staring at the turkeys with an empty belly. Casmir gave his shoulder a bump and he grinned back at the male returning the gesture and swatting at him with a paw. He was pleasantly surprised to be paired with Spring and he gave a small smirk and nod to signify his acceptance. He didn't have any questions, and so moved to stand beside her and await further instructions.

​His eyes focused on Spring, and thing they were used to doing now. He smiled softly and tilt his head. "What's our gameplan, Alpha Spring?"
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Next round ends on December 17th

There were no questions asked and things moved on nicely enough.  So she turned towards Heston to acknowledge his words as he asked her what their gameplan was.  It took her a moment to think, but eventually she had a decent plan in mind if Heston would agree to it.  "Well I suppose one of us could circle around the turkeys and then try to scare one towards the other who would be downwind laying in wait.  Then we just try to kill it from there."  She shrugged.  "Unless you have a better idea," she challenged a hint of playfulness in her eyes.

Then as she waited for Heston's response, she rose to her paws once more, getting ready for the hunt.
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Her plan seemed to have been agreed upon, so she moved away from the group settling herself in front of two of the turkeys. She was far enough that she could keep in front of it easily, but close enough so that if it tried to slip away she could send it back with a sharp snap of her jaws. The creatureon the left had already decided to act and moved to the side, in a rush. She narrowed her eyes and ran ahead of it, snapping with her jaws and circling back around toward Rowan and casmir. It stopped in its path, obviously seeing the two other big predator's in its way and fell still, right in the middle of the distance between natashe and the rest of her group.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
[table width=55%][tr][td]
Natashe wasted no time in putting her plan into action — Casmir watched with approval as the wolfess lunged into the flock of turkeys, separating one from its fellows and driving it toward her teammates. the fowl seemed to draw up, unsure of where to go, and the boy took advantage of its momentary confusion to leap at it, snapping white teeth for its neck. whether or not he drew blood remained to be seen; it was a larger creature than he had expected and he hoped the two she-wolves were coming to back him up.[/tr][/td][/table]
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He nodded, approving her plan though she hadn't asked for it. Her challenge was met with raised brows and a smirk. He glanced to the birds, considering the situation. He hummed in thought, quirking a brow in a comical thinking face. "Mmm, well, as it's our first hunt together I think it only polite for you to provide the strategy. Ladies first and all, right?" He could have technically tried to come up with something more but her plan was solid, there was no reason to try and impress her if he was more likely to fall on his face.

"You drive them towards me, I'll try to catch one and maybe I can scare another back towards you. Two birds, one hunt. Just be careful." His last words flew from his lips before he paused to consider them, and inwardly he flinched. Spring was a capable wolf, she knew to be careful. It was pure concern that inspired the words, unfiltered. Yet it could easily be taken offensively by the wrong wolf.
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan's focus shifted as the group parted. She tore her eyes from Casmir and then towards Natashe and the turkeys as one was parted off, selected for their slaughter. A shift as they went moving brushed her shoulder against Casmir's and she let the boy lead - as was his right as their Beta and highest ranking male. Casmir lunged for the turkey's neck and Rowan went just moments behind him, seeking to pin the creature, her teeth aiming for it's wing to keep it from batting at Casmir's body. The pale woman was snarling, it had been so long since she had participated in a hunt and she'd forgotten the thrill of the adrenaline. 

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
his teeth made contact and Rowan surged to his side; he could feel the warmth of her body and the sound of her snarls in hi ears. despite the valiant effort of the turkey, the Beta dragged it to the ground, his golden eyes searching for Natashe. "g'job," he mumbled to both his teammates through his mouthful of gently struggling turkey.[/tr][/td][/table]
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Next round ends on December 23

Shoot.  While everyone else had been set into action, she'd been standing and talking.  Stupid.  Quickly she sprung into action dashing after a spooked turkey and making a wide circle around it.  Then she dashed forward, the turkey running blindly away from her towards where she hoped Heston would be.

C'mon Heston, c'mon Heston, werre the only thoughts that really ran through her head.  Hopefully he would be able to intercept it and kill it which would be great, but if he wasn't ready well... then this was at least a good endurance run.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
They were so involved with their conversation that they missed the second group leaping into action. Heston leapt forward too, but swerved in anticipation of where Spring would be. He kept his eye on her as he slunk low. Thankfully the turkeys were announcing their locations loudly and fearfully.

He peeked in time to watch Spring circle the bird, driving in towards him...but further to the right. There was no time to correct it, so he gathered himself and readied to leap at the turkey from the side rather than the front. He sprang, silver body shooting through the air, jaws open wide. He just managed to catch the turkey's neck as he flew by, but he was so focused on the catching of the turkey that he didn't mind his footing. He landed badly, tumbling end over end with the turkey flopping from his mouth.

He was dazed when he stopped tumbling, and blinked his eyes for a few moments. Finally he noted the bird in his mouth. "GOT IT!" He yelled, hoping to save some face in front of the others. At least he hadn't missed. A tumble with food was better than one without.
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe had not been too far behind, sprinting forward as Casmir and Rowan both attacked the Turkey. It went down with a slight struggle before falling still beneath their weight and fangs. Natashe panted slightly and looked for the second bird which was running away the fastest it could, wings out and flapping. She cursed and bolted away from the group speeding after the bird. She was surpised that such a fat bird could move so quickly, but finally she managed to get close enough to bite. Snapping her jaws, she yelped as she was buffetedin the face by a strong wing. She stumbled slightly as her nose stung badly, but she managed to retaliate by clamping down on the extended wing. She chomped on it, hearing the gross but satisfying sound of bones crunching. Tugging it backwards, she moved aside to avoid the sharp beak that was attempting to peck at her face but didn't move quick enough. The bird stabbed her and she growled yanking the wing roughly "Nrsty prst"  

she snarled through a moutful of feather and wings as she tried to hold on until Casmir and Rowan could come to her aid. She could feel that the bird's had opened a wound in her flesh, but how badly she couldn't tell.
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
The moment that they had downed the bird she had to resist the urge to tear into it right then and there more out of rage and adrenaline than anything. She sought Casmir's eyes for a brief moment, sharing in the kill until she realized that Natashe had gone after the solitary bird rather than join them. With a low curse she sprang into action, sure that Casmir had things under control to make up the distance between themselves and the other female. 

It was further along and by the time that Rowan had managed to approach she smelled blood and saw part of the struggle. Jaws parted, she leapt onto the bird, snapping savagely at it's head and neck to try and land a good hold before breaking it's neck.

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the turkey died in his jaws; Cas' eyes followed Natashe as she dashed away to grab a second one from the fleeing flock. "damn," he grumbled, unsure of her tactic; he dropped his own kill and followed. the scent of blood was quick to follow as the turkey flapped its wings and flailed its beak at Natashe. though the wolfess caught it, a wound had opened somewhere near her face, and he winced as he dashed to her aid and closed his jaws on one waving wing.[/tr][/td][/table]
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Next round ends on January 17

And suddenly the bird was grabbed by the neck, right before her by a silvery gray flash.  That could only mean one thing... Heston.  She yelped in surprise jumping back, eyes wide, but soon had to hide a laugh at his super clumsy turkey tackle.  As his tumbling stopped though and he cried out that he caught it, a small bit of worry settled within her.  He could've been hurt with a fall like that.

As she approach he seemed fine, but she couldn't be entirely sure.  "Nice catch, but you're okay right?"  She asked him once she was close enough, her eyes tracing over him, searching for any wounds or cuts, because that had been quite the tumble.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Spring came walking up and he focused on her, grinning around the turkey that hung from his jaws. He spat it to the dirt and gave himself a shake. "I'm alright. Might be sore tomorrow, but nothing some rest won't fix. If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough. That's what my Father liked to say." He smiled a little at her concern and nose the turkey towards her. 

"Probably could have had a better tactic than a flying tackle, to be honest. My bad."
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
With Casmir on the other wing, the bird went down hard. Natashe could feel the numb warmth of the blood seeping from her wound, but quickly shifted positions and pinned the bird down with her weight and clamped her jaws around the back off its neck. She jerked her head to the side roughly and released it as she heard the satisfying sound of the neck snapping. She rolled off of the defiant creature and sat up slowly, the pain beginning to hit her all at once and make her woozy. 

"oh man...that was foolish. At least we caught three of them right? Spring and Heston did catch their's?"  she murmured, her words slightly slurred. The wound was of good size, stretching open her cheekbone up to her ear. Her blood dripped to the ground with audible splats and she frowned looking at Casmir "how bad is it?" she asked nervously.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he couldn't answer, because he was too busy staring at the gash in Natashe's face. "yeah!" he blurted, single ear falling back against his skull before he was galvanized into action. "we need to clean this," he muttered, reaching out to begin the task with gentle licks, if she'd let him. beforehand, he shot a worried glance to Rowan. "can you get Spring and Heston?" he asked. hopefully someone had an idea of what to do with herbs. [/tr][/td][/table]