King Elk Forest a brief reprieve
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
All Welcome 
Rowan did not leave her children behind often but now that Casmir was home and the children were old enough to survive without her she was willing to explore again. She had felt so cramped, it wasn't that she rejected her task as mother - no, she absolutely loved it - but she had not had time alone since the children were born. The last time she had come to the forest she had met Shrike, and unfortunately, she had no way to give the man notice that her children were born or see what he was up to. His kindness had wedged itself firmly in her mind and she remembered him fondly. 

Rowan took a moment to sniff out a small hare, reclining to enjoy her meal for a few moments though the mother kept herself on high alert. It was nice eating something other than fish, although she was grateful for the meals her home provided so readily.
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
[table width=55%][tr][td]
it was a rare moment that eshamun wandered, but today she did so. her cycle would not be upon her until the snows were full upon the land, and so she did not draw the attention of males, nor did she seek it. the ekar-aji merely roamed, drinking in the frost-rimed beauty that the woodlands granted her. she was drawn by the metallic, salt-scent of blood, and some steps later, she discovered a she-wolf, resplendent in pearl hues, a hare between her paws.
her beauty captivated eshamun; the wolf of the malkaria made herself known with a gentle chuff, fixing her viridian eyes upon the stranger. she was not close enough to take the fragrance woven into the other's withers, but it did not matter.[/tr][/td][/table]

[Image: animated-flame.gif]
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan was still not sure if it was necessarily a good idea or not for her to venture out of the Creek but it felt so freeing. She had been cooped up for so long, for a couple months, and stretching her legs was a treat she had missed desperately. She finished the hare, licking her fur clean when she realized that she was no longer alone by the sound given. She scanned the woods around her, finally finding the source of the scent she'd caught. 

From physique alone it seemed another female, drenched in rich colors, warm hues so different than her own. Rowan stood, lithe frame curiously presented. She hadn't encountered a stranger in months aside from the wolves that loitered on the Creek's fringes. "Hello." She offered it gently, her voice even enough. 

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
the woman did not move to flee eshamun, which the tophet-dweller took as a good sign. she sat down not far from the pearl, wrapping her ruddy plume tightly around her cold forepaws. "you seem ready for the winter," eshamun observed in her thickly accented tones, smiling warmly at the stranger. "i am eshamun of the malkaria. have you a packland near to us?" the ekar-aji asked curiously, wondering at her neighbors and also if any threat was posed to her pack and the new children.[/tr][/td][/table]

251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Two options leapt to Roman's mind when it came to her statement - either she referred to her pale coat and blending in, or, she still carried some of the weight of child bearing and birth. Neither option would have offended Rowan, she was comfortable in her skin and she was proud of her children. The names were exotic, both Eshamun and her pack sported a language Rowan was unfamiliar with. "Rowan Mayfair," she offered, finding no harm in offering the amber woman her name. 

"My home is beyond the forest, surrounded by creeks." She explained. She still was protective of the pack itself, guarding it like a secret because of Cortland and Mona. She felt like she owed it to Spring and Casmir as well to ensure no harm came to the pack. "Forgive my curiosity - your name, and your packs - what are the origins? I don't believe I've encountered names like them, they're lovely." Rowan hoped she'd be more comfortable sharing details about herself, it would save Rowan and stumbles herself. 

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
the woman was rightfully protective of her home, but her name was melodic, and her tones soothing. eshamun found herself endeared to the pale wolfess. "yes," she murmured. "we are from the hotlands. canaan." she was not sure of how to explain the many miles that separated this place from her land of origin, but decided it did not matter. rowan would surely understand. "mayfair. how did you come by this name? i like the sound of it."
her ears cupped forward as she awaited the other's response — their discourse would be one of the first that eshamun had held outside of her own borders for some time.[/tr][/td][/table]