The Sentinels You told me that you left it all behind
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Private 

Had wolves the ability to sweat, Damien would have awaken soaked in it after days of unconscious recovery. He'd been dragged away from the pit somehow, and when his pale eyes opened he found himself nested within the tangled roots of an ancient tree, and perfumed herbs spread all over his left side. He grunted painfully, the skin hurt like a bitch, and blinking left and right he realized he didn't really know where he was. He pulled himself upright, but with a painful yelp he found that he could not move his leg too much. He couldn't move at all, not without pain. The silence around him suggested that he was alone, but the scents that veiled every corner of the cavern screamed otherwise.

His wounds had been tended, but, where had he gotten them?
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre moved to return to the sacred place she had left the wolf she had named for the sun with water spilling from the edges of the broken, halved coconut shell she kept for moments such as these. daily she filled it with fresh water from donnelaiths springs, but it remained ever untouched. while the dark man slept deirdre removed from him old leaves from deciduous forests. she had collected plenty of the colourful things that would fertilize the earth to use as something to keep the wounds covered while he slept. daily she replaced them, and let the wounds breathe, and cleaned from them the pus that came through. so doting was she to these injuries that no hint of infection ever came, and for this deirdre was relieved. it helped, too, that he did not move and open the wounds. perhaps he would awaken fully healed; deirdre was uncertain, still, on how long the mind took to heal... but knew that it was not for her to rush.

a rustling ahead alerted her to movement, and deirdre did not so much as pause as she headed to where the man rest. only when she arrived to where she kept him did deirdre place the makeshift bowl down, and hummed into the den a tentative: ghian? but she heard the shift in his breathing, and her heart fluttered excitedly in her chest--the man had awakened!
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Like a machine his mind started running with ideas on how to get out of there unnoticed. There was a whole forest around him, of trees like sentinels, bigger than the biggest tree Damien had even seen. And there was an eerie calm to the place that his instincts told him was anything but beneficial. There were eyes all around him, awaiting the moment he emerged from within the root cave, or at least that's how it felt.

Suddenly a rustling from the outside caught him off-guard. His head stiffened and his body tensed thoroughly despite the burn it caused all over the damaged skin. Then a voice called from the outside, but as soft and sweet as it was, Damien simply couldn't feel threatened. His pale eyes sought a figure to match with the sound and they did. She was light made flesh, of slender legs and alluring curves, graced with youth and beauty. For a moment Damien did not realize that what she'd said made no sense to him, he'd gotten lost in her emerald eyes. But then he snapped back into reality with a "Huh?" and a frown.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
his voice was deep and handsome, and deirdre caught sight of his eyes as he peered from the deep hovel she had kept him within. deirdre looked downward for a brief moment, heat rising to her cheeks as she realized that the name she had called him was not truly his own. it is what i have come to call you--i did not know your name. it means sun, like the mark on your shoulder, she explained. i am deirdre, málóid banríon of this forest. its queen, her very nature was queenly, she need not do anything to make him imagine the crown upon her head. the thickfurred witch continued to speak in a pleasant, low hum: you had a great fall--i have brought you here to heal. what is your name? she asked firstly, not wishing to push too much upon him at once. she wondered how healed his mind was, and what magick she might use to bring it back to him if it was still in disrepair.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Sweetness came to his ears once more, and this time her words made sense. She explained to the bewitched gargoyle that she'd given him the name for the sun upon his shoulder, and Damien cast a cold, puzzled look at it, having no remembrance of its form. Pale eyes seek the sylph once more, more confused than ever as he realizes that he doesn't have an answer for her. He shook his head then, trying to remember something, anything about the fall she spoke of, or at least a clue about his name, but all he had were the painful marks over his body and the name Deridre had given him.

"I don't know..." he said, defeat clouding his expression. "Where did you find me?" he asked shyly, hoping for her response to give him a lead. Perhaps he could re-trace his steps and find his way, for he'd been taken there to heal, not back home.