Hushed Willows aquamarine
29 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
[Image: caretaker.gif] Caregiver thread 1/5
Though believing a search for herbs to be futile, the woman was pleasantly surprised when proved wrong. She knew not of the specifics of healing nor of especially rare herbs, though knew the basics quite well. And if she were to be any help to the pack in that respect, she ought to be able to find herbs to actually heal with.

thus the day had been spent searching the territory, at times finding some fading bunches of herbs but cold having made them quite useless. Disheartened, at was past noon when she made her discovery quite suddenly. Nudging at a pile of dead vegetation had elicited the fragrant scent of fresh herbs, and with excitement she nosed aside the vegetation quickly, discovering beneath a sizable bunch of Marigold. Elated at her discovery, she shoved away the rest of the vegetation and begun gathering the precious plant quickly, soon acquiring a neat pile at her side.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Some things still made him bitter. Thinking of Trick and Grace was one of those things - they'd stolen supplies and left when one of their leaders had needed medical attention and hadn't bothered to do anything to help their pack. The two would be healers had disappointed Stark endlessly and while he and Grace had run into one another again there had been no fond feelings shared. Stark had left with the same negative opinion of the girl and she hadn't bothered to try to change that. If she showed her face again she would be swiftly dismissed from the pack grounds. She'd lost her chance with them. 

Stark was out for a stroll, mostly taking stock of the caches when he caught the scent of Talewi. He smiled and let out a low chuff, tail wagging as he approached. "Find anything good?" Stark might have known several things, but, plants and medicine wasn't one of them. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
29 Posts
Ooc —
so focused was she on the menial task, enjoying the quiet solitude as her thoughts wandered aimlessly, that the approach of another went largely unnoticed, until the form of another and an amiable chuff had her rise quickly from her task, a flick of her ears the only sign of her surprise as she smiled at the approach of a packmate, more specifically, Stark. Her head dipped in respectful greeting, finding this more casual, seemingly down to earth leadership a refreshing change from the pompous alphas of her natal pack.

"Marigold. Good for wounds, and this...dead stuff protected it from the cold." She explained, poking a paw at the pile of vegetation that was rather difficult to identify, seeing as it looked little more then a brown heap of leaves and branches and stems. "It is difficult to find useful herbs in the winter, so I thought I ought to collect as much as I could early on." She rambled, stopping hastily and offering a slightly sheepish smile as she realized this.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
At her answer his tail gave a few long sways, pleased at the prospect of having someone interested in healing among their ranks again. Amara had interest too, but, he didn't think that she'd really picked it up and claimed ownership of the title. "We had a couple healers before, they had a cache I can show you, if you'd like to see what they had." There was a low edge to his voice that spoke to his views of them now, but, they had made their choice and Stark wouldn't accept them back.

"They took some stuff when they left, but, there's probably more left behind."  Stark hadn't touched it, after all, and even if Harlyn had for Larkspur he doubted that she had taken everything. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
29 Posts
Ooc —

when he spoke next, there was a bitter undercurrent to his voice that spoke volumes about the two caretakers that were gone, now. And, very likely was the fact that their relationship with Stark was not of the good nature. A chance that the caches might provide her with herbs and prevent hours of trapizing through the snow with her nose to the ground until it froze and fell off was a opportunity she would take.

"that'd be great." She agreed quickly with a grin, and, assuming that he would lead her there now, scooped up there herbs she had collected hastily, and holding them gingerly between her jaws lest she tear them by means of her fangs, she looked to Stark, prepared to follow him wherever he may lead.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark waited until she was ready and then lead her through the pack lands until they reached the little hovel where Trick and Grace had kept their herbs. Stark didn't know enough about them to know what was good anymore or not, but he gave a little nod to invite Talewi to take a look. "It might be a waste or there might be a goldmine, no one's messed with it since they hightailed it out though." Stark explained as evenly as he  could. "What lead you to wanting to heal?" Stark asked curiously, if for nothing else than wanting to know more about one of the newer members to his pack. 
29 Posts
Ooc —
She nodded at his words,  already interested in the scent of herbs, faint,  yet there, that became quickly apparent. She peered into the stores, finding herbs that looked a little worst for wear, but on first inspection, usable. His question had her look toward him once more, and step out from the den quickly. "I've been a warrior since I've been a child. After a long while of getting injured, I decided it might do me well to know how to heal myself, and others." Perhaps not the whole story, but she was hardly going to dwell into the past now, and it would probably only bore the alpha. For a while longer they exchanged words, until the bi-toned woman was left alone with the store of herbs.