Broken Antler Fen just like that, i believe in ghosts.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Sebastian

The land was both familiar and altogether new. On the distant horizon Silvertip peeked its crown over the stretching realm of Neverwinter, but before the forest, a great expanse stretched as far as Andalusia could see - one she had never crossed. The mountain stood as Andalusia's steady north star, and her compass to these lands. The snow obscured most other landmarks, but she could count on Silvertip to ground her bearings and lead her back into the known.

Yet typical of the Ostrega, Andalusia had abandoned that compass long ago. She followed a new star now, a scent she had picked up a while a back, when she had stopped near a small copse of trees to lap up the snow, and maybe catch a short rest from her near-constant travel. Her years of outriding had left her in good shape, and she still felt capable of travelling many months to come. Yet she couldn't stop counting her winters: this numbered her fifth. Time wouldn't stop dripping from the grasp of her snapping jaws, and even if her health gained her one, maybe two more years, there would come a day her legs wouldn't carry her far enough to reach her prey. That time still remained as distant as her paws did from Silvertip today, sure, but unlike her paws, Andalusia couldn't stop the sun's constant clock that bowed her, and every creature, closer to the dust.

What humored her most was that this thought surfaced again just before she'd picked up the scent - familiar, yet altogether new. Sebastian, but not his alone. Another entwined with his - or rather, many others. Little ones. The dry remnant of a grin remained a shadow on her face as she approached the thickening scent, and she stopped a respectful distance from where she gathered his domain began. The Ostrega knew the scent belonged to the grey giant, but apparently much had changed since she'd left him patched up and hobbling back to the Caldera. Her curiosity led her to break her silence, and Andalusia let out a short howl to herald her presence and muster the boy's appearance.
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian never really expected to see his rescuer again after the attack he had endured from the pack up North. It was a different life for him back then. It had been locked up in the back of his mind while he took to current matters. A howl sounded for him. He hoped it was someone who would join his ranks. They had been rather empty lately. He wouldn't mind a big family to care for. He wanted to be surrounded by loved ones.

The bog male approached the borders. Instantly he recognized the familiar face but where did he know it from. The grey male approached her in a friendly matter. As he was closer and could also scent her he recognized her. His rescuer! "Andalusia!," he let out in surprise. He just realized that if she never helped him he wouldn't even be here right now. His kids wouldn't even be alive. It was a hard reality check. What was he glad to see her. He let out a happy woof as he stepped closer and greeted her in a friendly matter. His alpha role forgotten. "I didn't expect to see you again. What a nice surprise," he spoke to her.
241 Posts
Ooc —
The snow fell in a languid drift. No more than a dusting settled on Andalusia's shoulders before a mist of grey melted from the haze of winter and drew near her position just beyond the border. Andalusia squinted until his figure sharpened. Would he recognize her? The months since their departure had been many, but she caught the recognition in Sebastian's eyes, and the Ostrega's face broke into a grin when the sound of her name leapt from his mouth.

A warmth spread through her chest and compelled her to stand. She let him cover the final steps, before she reached out to meet him with a simple bump of her snout against his neck. His scent, mingled with the smell of pups and their mother's milk, wreathed through her nose. Though she retained a certain detachment in her greeting, her breath trickled from her lips with the soft dance of laughter. It was good to see him again, and genuine pleasure filled her at the sight of his high spirit.

Andalusia pulled back and appraised Sebastian with a fixed grin. "To be honest, I never expected to see you again, either." The scent of whom she imagined were his children held fast to him, and she quirked her brow with a tease. "Though it seems like life has been full of little surprises for you these days, hmm?"
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian greeted her in return, with a bump against her muzzle and against her neck. It was almost mirrored with her movements. Sebastian's tail was wagging at a fast pace behind him. He couldn't really express how happy he was to see her. It wasn't like he thought about her often but now he was seeing her the male was glad to see her. The male smiled at her, as she grinned back at him. What a day. What a surprise.

"You just happen to wander close?," he questioned. His nose didn't really register any pack scent. Did that mean she was alone? Should he offer her a home or was that too quick. The male laughed at her comment. "Well, depends on how you look at it really," he hummed. If she was commenting about his life now it was not that much of a surprise to him. "Though I feel like I should thank you again seeing that this would probably not be here if you hadn't helped me."
241 Posts
Ooc —
Her mouth continued in the curl of a grin. "Something like that. I was taking a rest when I picked up the scent of your pack. I recognized yours out of the multitude, so I followed it here." That had been an easy decision. Though Andalusia had stopped counting the days since she'd left her prior company, she could feel the agitation brought on by isolation grow by the day. The Ostrega had spent the better half of her youth a drifter from family to family, but in her middle age, seeing Sebastian's familiar face reminded her of the life she now, and had always, longed for.

Andalusia shook her head and puffed the ghost of a laugh. "Good to hear you're as thankful as ever," she teased, and her eyes glinted with good-humour. "In all seriousness, though, I'm glad to see you put your second chance to good use." There was something about coming near to death that changed a wolf, sometimes for the better, and sometimes for the worse. It seemed Sebastian had chosen to live to the fullest, and to see him thriving now was the greatest reward Andalusia could have received for the help she'd given him many moons before.

"So tell me," the Ostrega said as she eased onto her haunches and cupped her ears in attention. "How's your pack faring? Winter's never been the easiest season to live through."
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
It seemed he was right. He assumed she wandered close, after all he had only known her as a wolf with a lot of wanderlust. It was good to hear that she still recognized his scent and wanted to see him again. He could imagine that he had been quite annoying at the time, mostly just suffering through his pain. Though he had indeed made a better life for himself, with finding a mate and settling down. "I will probably always be like that," he admitted and quirked up his lips.

"I am. I found a mate and I founded this pack. Though I'd say my greatest joy is being a father. We were blessed with a litter for four, and we have one daughter we adopted wandering all alone," he explained. "I have been putting myself to a good use, I'd say," he smiled at her. He wanted her to know that he was doing well, all because she treated him and helped him get back to his former home.

"Well, we could do better with the numbers. Some of my loyal members left and we are rather short on adults," he admitted. "Do you need a place to stay until winter? Because you are welcome to join us if you like that," he instantly offered, it would be a win-win situation for both in Sebastian's eyes.
241 Posts
Ooc —
A father. Her momentary delight showed in a single pass of her tail across the powdery snow. Sebastian had wanted a family when she'd first come across him, and he had one now. Yet what made her joy complete was not the mention of the children he'd borne with his mate, but at the news of the daughter they'd adopted into their fold. Having been an orphan herself, this sealed Sebastian's reputation with the Ostrega: he was a good wolf, and she had taken a worthy risk in saving him.

Even before the Alpha confessed their struggling numbers, Andalusia had made up her mind, and the Ostrega lent the man a sure nod when he offered her a place to stay. "It would be my honour to run with you," she said, and paused with a press of her lips. When she'd first encountered Sebastian, she had not been able to give her loyalties to him. Her pledge had stood with Mordecai, and truth be told, a part of her still remained tied to her uncle. She would find him again, for he too was a good man, but this time she would not join him. Sebastian's pack offered her a fresh start and a clean slate, and at this point in her life, she wanted that to build on. "I do have one condition." Her lips drew into a characteristic grin. "Let me stay longer than just the winter."
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Yay!!! <3 Good to have you with us!

Sebastian instantly got a big smile on his lips when the other agreed to joining his pack. He was glad to have her with his family. Perhaps she could become even a bigger part of his family. He wouldn't mind that. His tail was wagging behind him. He was about to wish her a welcome when the other spoke about a condition. Sebastian listened but was relieved what her condition was. "Of course! You can stay as long as you like," he agreed with a smile.

The male nudged her in a friendly way. "You should meet Pearl and the babies," he smiled. "I can also show you the territory," he added. Sebastian was full of energy now they had a new member. Hopefully Andalusia would be the example of many that would join. The grey male looked pleased. "There is a lot of water, and many plants. I'm still trying to become a medic. Luckily I didn't have to do much healing with my members." Sebastian was quite chatty. He was not sure if he was this chatty when he was in pain. He had the idea that he was mostly a sad pup in pain the whole trip.
241 Posts
Ooc —
<3 I look forward to having her be a part of the Fen! Also, could it really be that we finally have characters who don't have a dysfunctional relationship with each other? haha! <3

Glad for the contact of a friend, Andalusia nudged him back. "I'd love to meet them, so long as you think they're ready." She knew the nature of new mothers, and the heightened protection they typically displayed over their brood. As much as she wished to meet Sebastian's children, she was glad to wait if her presence would bring any discomfort to his offspring or his mate.

The Ostrega found it hard not to smile as Sebastian chattered on. Andalusia rose to her paws and stretched, eager to gain acquaintance with this new land. Landscape would do little to sway her surety that this was where she would work to stay, but his mention of water piqued her curiosity, though this she set aside in favour of his next words.

"Still a medic?" Andalusia eased out of her stretch and stepped past the borderline to enter the Fen. "Good. I expected nothing less from you. I've made a point of learning more remedies myself, and staying sharp on what I already know." She paused, and turned her head to face him. "Perhaps we could learn from each other."
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Me too!! I believe we finally have two characters that can function normally together haha.

Sebastian nodded towards her. He believed Pearl was ready. They trusted each other, and Pearl knew that he wouldn't bring anyone dangerous close to their young. The male was protective of them himself too. He trusted Andalusia completely seeing she saved this life. "I think she is," he confirmed to her and started to walk into the territory.

"I am close to gaining the specialty. I look forward to sparring about remedies," he returned to her. After all it could both help them like she said. The male smiled at her. Glad to have a new loyal member like her. They could use new members but this was like a cherry on top, having someone he fully trusted in their ranks. Hopefully she would settle in well with the others.

- end -