Sunbeam Lair Kyōshi no seikatsu
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
i hope i got the japanese right for the title! @Asterr is needed. @Shiori can read this so she knows whats going on :)

After following Asterr to the border to greet Hadraniel she had thought of something she wanted to do. She wanted to teach Shiori something, anything. She wanted to become a sort of teacher to the girl. She knew alot about other animals, prey especially so maybe she could teach Shiori some efficient ways to hunt? She had no idea what she wanted to do with the girl Exactly. She sat next to a stream staring into the water at her reflection. Her eyes had brightened a bit, but she still loked stressed out and sad which made her look old.

Straightening up she lifted her call for Asterr and howled, requesting her presence but making sure the tone specified that it wasn't urgent. Falling silent again she watched the fish that swam there, and swiftly dipped her paw in. She slipped it underneath the slimy and scaly flesh of the prey and flipped it onto the ground, pouncing on it and killing it. She placed it to the side and repeated the process while waiting for her chieftess to arrive.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
After having welcomed Hadraniel into the tribe, she’d remained near to the entrance for a short while before having trekked inward. Along one of the various streams she’d walked, glancing towards the water’s surface every now and again, but otherwise focused on what laid before her. She questioned what the winter might be like within the lair—would it be warmer there than for those living out in the open? She’d found herself growing inquisitive, too, about the snow. Given how the ceiling was littered with openings, one might suspect that they’d get plenty of it, but the Chieftess had her doubts. Although smaller openings were abundant, only a few truly worried her. The largest of the cave-in sites, the areas where the moon could be seen perfectly at night, would surely be covered by a great amount of snow eventually, but what of the rest of the cavern? Lacking the ability to predict the future, she’d settled on knowing that she would figure out a way to deal with it, assuming the snowfall might ever turn into an issue.

As a voice beckoned her, Asterr had been pulled from her thoughts and back into the present. Blinking, she’d pushed her ears forward in an effort to pinpoint the howl’s origin, then began heading in that direction once she had. The wait hadn’t been nearly as long as it could have been, but it also hadn’t been particularly quick, either. No matter, she’d chuffed to announce her presence, certain that her lack of an immediate response would not be minded. Prior to speaking, she’d taken note of the dead fish, but hadn’t commented on them; rarely did she eat that which had been killed by another alone, and so the sight hadn’t done anything for her. Lifting her gaze back up to the pale woman, she’d asked, “Why have you called?”
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon had waited for a bit longer than she'd intended but she really didn't mind. It wasn't like she had anything to do but hunt for the pack and occasionally check out the borders and leave her scent. When the Obsidian hued woman arrived with a chuff to announce said arrival, Ava turned to face her. She had no idea that Asterr didn't take food from others so she placed her paw on the fish "I caught this for you. I thought that you might like it.." she said quietly. She had noticed that Asterr had given the fish a glance, and wasn't entirely sure if it was a negative or Positive glance or maybe just one of speculation. The woman always made her feel nervous, she wasn't entirely sure why but it probably had something to do with her distrust of Ava's lover. It made her feel like she too would be given less trust from the chieftess.

As Asterr asked why she had came she glanced at her paws for only a few hesitant moments before taking a deep breath and straightening her shoulders. "I am tired of being of no help to the pack and just wandering around aimlessly like a brokenhearted youth. I have an idea of something I would be proud and pleased to do, if you would trust me with the duty." she began making sure her voice stayed strong as she adressed Asterr, not wanting to be seen as a weakling anymore if she even was. "I know this might make you nervous but..i would be interested and honoured to mentor one of your daughters. I had Shiori in mind, but if you would rather me take on another that is alright. I have knowledge of animals, and I am fairly good at weaving words together to tell a story. I can teach them to catch fish with finesse and skill, and if you want I can help them get to know the tribe a bit better?"  she spoke with enthusiasm and hope, though she knew that it was only a 50/50 chance of her getting the job. 

She knew nothing of Motherly instincts so she wasn't certain if Asterr would be protective of them and not let them out yet, or trust them with another female. She meant no harm with the offer at all, taking the children from their mother was not on her list of things to do at all. Once finished she sat still, ears perked up and blue eyes glowing as she tensely waited for the Chieftess's answer.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Little was known about the dragoness and whence she’d originated, in truth. To speak of herself was not something so easily done, and so it’d become something of a rare treat. Asterr, however, occasionally lacked awareness in regards to how little she shared, and so she’d raised a brow when the fish had been offered to her. Meals that had been offered had also then been accepted in the past, but, presently, she could come up with no reason to do so other than for the purpose of being polite—which wasn’t a good reason at all. With a slow shake of her head, she’d declined the offer. “You should eat it, given that you are the one to have killed it,” she added, bothering not with an in-depth explanation. There was no need to give one, she felt, believing the reason to be obvious enough—though, to some, it likely wasn’t.

From there, Avannon had delved right into what it was that she’d hoped to discuss. Prior to speaking, her demeanor had shifted slightly, transforming her from a cowering mouse into a true wolf. The difference had been noticed and noted, the timing curious, but the overall change not unwelcome. For perhaps the first time since they’d met, the pale woman had earned Asterr’s respect, rather than her sympathy. All the more interested, she’d listened to each and every word that left her mouth, taking the request into consideration. Once she’d finished, however, there had not been a response offered. The Chieftess had remained silent, expression thoughtful as each and every factor she could think to be concerned about were thought over. In the end, despite how much thought had gone into it, a definite answer had not been given.

Asterr’s frame was stilled, head neither nodding nor shaking. “Shiori has shown an interest in plants, but nothing else,” had been her response, simple and direct. “If you wish to be her mentor, then you must first meet with and ask of her where her interests lie. If she accepts you as a teacher, then you may act as one.” Shiori was mature for her age, which made her mother feel comfortable leaving her to decide on a mentor for herself—when she reached an age at which she would be ready for one, anyways. Continuing, she added, “None of them are ready yet to receive a mentor, but you may still speak with her about it. It is better to have their futures considered now, rather than later.” And what bright futures they would be.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
"Of course. She takes after you, Asterr...i can see it even thought i dont truly know either of you" she responded deciding that it made sense for the kind child to be interested in plants, her eyes turning thoughtful and her voice warming to the obsidian hued woman. It was in that moment that you could truly see the respect and gratitude for the chieftess in her gaze. She was happy that the choice was left to the child, for that gave her some small amount of hope that she could gain the job. 

Racking her brain for any knowledge on plants, she realized she knew of a few plants that she could possibly weave stories about to teach the young Dragon about their ways. Mint, was a useful plant for many different things. She had seen some growing around different areas of the lair. Honeysuckle not only could be used to freshen the air, but if you lick enough of the sweet nectar from inside it is energizing and can soothe a sore throat. Cobwebs and moss are effeciant for bandaging wounds, for if you packed the moss tight enough it soaked up the blood and can be held on by cobwebs.

An excited smile formed on her maw, and though she guessed it made her look foolish for once her actual age was being shown. She looked like the young and eager youth she really was. "Perhaps...i can tell you what Knowledge i have of plants, and see if it would be of use to her? Or interest her at all? You know her more than I" She suggested hesitantly though it was more of another request than a suggestion.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It was a common occurrence, the Chieftess forgetting just how little of herself had been shared with the tribe. There was always something said that served as a reminder, but never had those little notes been enough to permanently engrave the fact into her brain. This time around, it had been Avannon’s turn to point out just how small of a portion of the woman’s true self was known. With a smile of fondness, she’d said, “Yes, she does,” which was followed by, “By getting to know her, you will come to better understand me.” Well, it was a possibility, at least. The differences between her and her daughter would someday become obvious, even if they always shared a love of plants.

With a proposition made, Asterr nodded. “Share your knowledge, and I will tell which of the plants she has learned about already,” said the vessel encouragingly. Plants could be difficult to learn about, and herbs even more so, so she wouldn’t hold the pale one’s limited knowledge against her. To grow up in the tribe that she had, it’d been a blessing, the opportunity to learn from the best having been her’s to take—and she’d taken it. Others, she knew, were not so lucky.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon couldn't help but stare as Asterr smiled, the expression lighting up the woman's face and exposing the absolutely stunning quality of her beauty. Avannon's own lips curved up into a hesitant smile, as she realized that getting Asterr to speak about her hatchlings made her relax if only slightly. 

The chieftess nodded at her proposal and Avannon took a deep breath "honeysuckle is typically a yellow or white flower with tiny strands coming from inside, it is used to freshen the air but if you lick the nectar it can boost energy and soothe an itchy or aching throatMint helps with a cough, as well as Tansy but Mint is more common and easier to find" she said closing her eyes as if the gesture would help her focus.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The pale one spoke, whilst Asterr listened. Through her ears and into her mind had the information traveled, where it then sought out her own reserves of knowledge in order to compare notes. It was a curious thing, to hear another speak of plants in an informative manner when she had completed her own lessons prior to leaving her birthplace. The peculiarity of it was ignored in favour of the words themselves, of course, each and every syllable being filtered through the vessel’s brain. When the process—which had, in reality, only taken a few seconds—had been completed, she’d looked at Avannon with a neutral expression, then nodded her head. “Very good,” said the Chieftess, smiling once again. “She has learned already about mint, but I am sure she would not mind being introduced to it again.” The child had enjoyed the leaves during their lesson together, after all.

With a bird-like tilt of her head, she asked, “Do you know of any other uses for honeysuckle? I have not mentioned the plant to her, which leads me to presume that she may take a larger interest in it.” Shiori, so far, had proven to have a great thirst for knowledge. She seemed to enjoy learning, especially when the lessons revolved around the flora of the lair. Asterr wanted to do right by her, and so she needed to make sure that the one teaching her child had all of the necessary information for any and every given topic.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
She felt her chin rise slightly at Asterr's approval and her own smile formed, the old full grin she hadn't used in a long time. As for other uses of honeysuckle she racked her brain for the information, finally remembering something with an excited gasp "if you chew the roots and petals together into a paste, it can soothe sores and burns. But don't place it in open wounds because it will poison the bloodstream. If you use it for sores and burns it should be washed off when dry, but never with the tongue. You also should never swallow any, but a little won't harm you." She said.

She was pleased with herself, and sent a grateful prayer to her mother wherever she was. Waiting for Asterr's to either praise or correct her she felt her spirits brighten completely, and for once she felt motivated and happy.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
@Avannon – You can wrap this up with your next post.

Each word spoken was paid an equal amount of attention as the ones that had come before, as well as those that had followed. She nodded here and there, confirming certain statements whilst her focus, overall, remained on Avannon. By the time she had finished speaking, the vessel had been convinced. “That information will be good for her to learn,” stated the dragoness. “You may seek her out when she is ready and see if she will learn from you.” In all honesty, she knew not what her child’s response would be. Whether she’d be interested or not even partially so, the answer would come only after she had been asked.

“Speaking of my daughter,” the woman continued. “I should be checking on her and the others. If you will excuse me.” A smile would be offered, followed by her departure. She wondered how the future lessons might play out, although her best effort was put into trying not to dwell too much on it.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Permission was granted and Avannon felt her tail sway behind her with relief. Now she had a purpose beside moping around like a scarred victim, now she could be meaningful to everyone and impress Jolon when he came back to her.  With a quick nod of her head and a grateful smile toward Asterr before the woman turned and left. Spirits now lifted alot higher than before she set out to look around the Lair for other plants she did know.