Golden Glade Lighter News
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Pack Activity 
Mandatory for adult members (@Aspen @Shalon @Eden @Sylvas Streiter @Freya @Heartha @Emory) but the pups (@Rose @Hawthorn @Bramble @Tulip @Sorrel Marie) are always welcome to pop in too -- good to see a ceremony if anyone was hoping to be a Historian! No post order, but please dont post more than once each round. :)  

Tonight as Alder began to head in from the final night's hunt for his children, he halted at The Post and set his prey back to call for the pack -- all of them. After tonight, there would be no more Gentry: Streiter and Freya had not only earned their trades, but they'd more than proved lately that they were a part of this family and it was time he recognized them, and Eden, as Inner Circle members with a ceremony. 

When his demanding call had finished ringing through the Glade, he grabbed his prey -- and as much as he could carry from the Post cache -- and headed for The Royal Circle. 

Once there, he put down the feast -- hoping that someone else brought something too, cause really he hadn't grabbed enough for everyone in the Inner Circle now -- and settled back to wait for his members to file in, remembering with a surge of exitement that his sister was now among those ranks. She, as the person he loved and trusted most in the entire world, had been allowed -- led, even -- down into the tunnels to choose her den right away and given the rank of his Marchioness, and she too would be sitting in this ritual with Heartha, Eden, Streiter and Freya.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen's ears twitched as a call rang out for most of the pack. She knew what this was for as it had been a long time coming. Not just one, but five wolves would be partaking in their ceremony this evening. Eden, Sylvas, Heartha, Freya, and now Emory were to join the inner circle ranks of the court. Finally the pack would be without gentry. Only many adult wolves and 8 crazy pups.

Aspen trailed from amidst the tunnels where she had been supervising her children playing as things sometimes got a smidge out of hand with a few of them. Rowan and Tiger to be specific. The two were fighters and didn't seem like they took much liking to one another. Though with four of them....it didn't surprise her.

She exited the tunnels and quickly joined Alder's side. She glanced down at the prey and realized he was short a bit. The silver queen half smiled before trotting to a cache by her special place returning with the remainder of the supplies. She licked Alder over the muzzle before taking her proudly held spot beside him and waiting for the rest of their wolves.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Her silver ears perked as she heard her Kings call, a small smile coming to her maw. This was becoming a regular thing, regular pack meetings were good. At least Shalon thought so. It brought them all together as a family. She new what was coming, well she knew that ranks were being distributed, but she wasn't entirely sure what was going where and who was doing what. Either way she knew them all and she already considered Eden and Streiter family. Especially Streiter. And Freya, well Shalon was warming up to the woman, after their failed attempts at finding her friend she was glad to see the girl get a much deserved promotion. Although Shalon was unaware of their newest recruit, Emory.

She trotted through the trees, with an ease of a local. She had travelled the pack lands backward and forward. She knew these lands like the back of her paw, the only home she had ever known. As she stepped out of the treeline however she did realize that she hadn't thought to bring anything. Seeing the King and Queen, she bowed to each of them respectively. Should she go and get more? She peered at Alder with her silver orbs, "I'm afraid I have arrived with empty paws..." It was an infered question, and she gave them a small lopsided smile and a sheepish glint in her eye.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha shifted in her sleep at hearing the call. She carefully rose up from her pups, then moved out of the den after making sure they would be all right without her. It was starting to become hard with not having another to help look after them. Alder was there, but he had Aspen's and his to take care of.

She arrived, seating herself near Alder, but not next to. She remained silent, waiting to hear Alder's words.
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Editing for typos. Darn spell correcting IPad.

Freya heard the howl in the distance as she was walking about the territroy. It was a summons for all of the wolves, at least the adult ones. Freya didn't know what for. She knew of the inner and outer circles of the pack but not of the ceremony that proceeded. Even though she didn't associate the howl with the ceremony she still proceeded to go to where the king and others sat with haist.

When she arrived Alder, Aspen, Shalon and Heartha were sitting in what seemed to be part of a circle. In the middle was a pile of what looked like two food items. Unaware of the ceremonies customs Freya was unaware that food would need to be provided or that she should have brought it. She bowed her head to the king and queen and walked over to the side a bit waiting for either of them to speak.
Always open for trade thread.
Freya is looking to gain Chronicler and Councelor trades
with Historian and Advisor Specialties.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
just a small bump for @Sylvas Streiter and @Eden @Emory you are needed for this thread to continue. This is an inner circle welcoming thread, please see this thread for more information on the ceremony of acceptance into the inner circle. Pups ARE welcome if that is an issue....

Shalon shook her head slowly with a small sigh, surely they had heard the call for their required attendance. She let out another call, for Streiter, Eden and Emory. This ceremony was for them. She gave Alder a side glance, before waiting patiently for the two that were missing. She gave a small smile to Freya and Heartha, glad that they had arrived to witness the assent of the three aformentioned wolves into the inner circle.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Sorry about that

Eden trodded into the meeting space with a proud head raised. @Sorrel Marie and @Kieran Adrien remained in the den where she expected them to lay until she returned, but her mate would hopefully join by her side soon enough. Hello, she called out to everyone; Freya, Shalon, Alder, and Aspen. Though she came with nothing to offer, she expected that her reasons behind it were understood.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
But the downside of being a con artist is that it's very hard to con. Even if the lies you tell are to yourself.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory hadn't expected her brother to call for her to some meeting so quickly after her joining, but once being called again decided to finally listen-no matter how confused she was of it. She later saw rhe group of wolves all around each other and instantly felt like a black sheep of some sort. She hadn't met anyone otherwise Aspen and Alder since this point and sat farther from the others than most.
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sorry for being so slow.. things are kinda hectic my end :/

Unfortunately Sylvas hadn't caught sound of the first howl from Alder, the male having had his head stuck inside a hollow log as he attempted to scent out the troublesome hare that managed to keep eluding him. His bushy tail thrashed behind as he tried to wriggle his way out from the tight fitting hole within the log, a slight growl escaped him as he pushed against the bark with his front paws, finally succeeding to dislodge himself. For a moment the brown and gray wolf blinked, head turning as he glanced in the direction of the tunnels, a 'frown' furrowed across his features as he pushed himself away from the log and stared down through the trees and toward the tunnels.

Torn ear twitched at the sound of sudden rustling to the side of him, golden eyes catching a glimpse of movement within the grass from the corner of his eye, with this, the brute's head snapped around and his golden gaze fell upon the slipper critter. Without hesitating, the bulky male launched himself forward, jaws at the ready as he prepared to clamp them around the silver rodent's throat and luckily, as planned, Sylvas felt its small bones break. As the victorious taste of blood seeped into his mouth, Sylvas' ears swivelled forward as Shalon's howl echoed through the terrain. Instantly, the mercenary's large paws guided him toward the entrance of the tunnels, carrying his catch within his mouth as he began to make his way toward the gathering.

Upon entry, Sylvas's ears slowly pinned to his skull as he noted that he was late. Slowly the male entered the room, head low as he offered each member a nod of his head. How embarassing. Eventually Sylvas found a spot the place himself, head lowering the floor some as he released the dead creature from his grasp and slowly gazed around at the gathered wolves.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
powerplaying a little! Just for completness.....no tags as they have both left the game.

Shalon frowned slightly as she late commers arrived. Not entirly pleased with their tardiness, but none the less they were here now. With a soft sigh she looked to Aspen and Alder, seeing the afirmation in the form of a nod from her King, Shalon began the ceremony.

"Welcome to the Inner Court Acceptance Ceremony. We are all gathered here today to accept four Gentry into the sacred Inner Circle ranks. @Freya, @Emory Pryor, @Sylvas Streiter and @Eden Jayne Olivier, you have been summoned to show your loyalty to the Royal Fire Court, and to King Alder Pryor and Queen Aspen Pryor and their decendants. Do you understand?" Shalon would look each of them in the eye, looking for their confirmation of a nod.

"If you all accept, please repeat after me. "I, __(Full Name)___, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court. I will always defend my family and my kin."

She paused letting them all start the sacred oath. When all had finished she continued.

"I shall speak only the truth, and let honor and loyalty rule my heart. I will always be loyal to my King and Queen."

The Duchess walked before them, her head held high and her pride in her pack evident in the influctions of her voice.

"I will defend the innocent and punish those with evil intention. Over all, I swear to give my blood, devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade."

She finished, allowing them time to finish their vow. Looking over her shoulder, she dipped her head to the King and Queen. Before continuing with the ceremony. "Now that you have all iterated your loyalty to the Court. We shall all groom each other, signifying our bond as family." Looking over to @Heartha, Shalon flicked her head calling over the woman to join them. She would start by grooming Emory, coming to sit infront of the woman. Shalon started at the shoulder.
Once everyone has gone through and posted I will post once more and then close the thread and archive it. This is the last round. Thanks everyone for participating :)
Shalon's Pawprints 
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
I, Eden Jayne Olivier-Streiter, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court. I will always defend my family and my kin. I shall speak only the truth, and let honor and loyalty rule my heart. I will always be loyal to my King and Queen. I will defend the innocent and punish those with evil intention. Over all, I swear to give my blood, devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade. A wide smile whipped across Eden's face as she finished delivering her oath, then moved toward her mate to begin grooming him carefully.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
"I, Freya, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court. I will always defend my family and my kin. I shall speak only the truth, and let honor and loyalty rule my heart. I will always be loyal to my King and Queen. I will defend the innocent and punish those with evil intention. Over all, I swear to give my blood, devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade." She said with her chest out proud of her acomplishment of entering the inner circle. She waited for her turn to join in the gooming protion of the ceremony.
Always open for trade thread.
Freya is looking to gain Chronicler and Councelor trades
with Historian and Advisor Specialties.
But the downside of being a con artist is that it's very hard to con. Even if the lies you tell are to yourself.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory was utterly confused by this ceremony, she felt almost disgusted by the ritual, she couldn't believe her brother had come up with it, he use to hate situations like these. It wasn't that the oath she was to speak wasn't true, but she never expressed her feelings or devotion so openly, especially to practical strangers. Reluctantly, she began the repeat after Shalon, lacking behind in the unison of voices and standing out slightly. "I, Emory Pyror, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court" - she hates promises - "I will always defend my family and kin." That much was true, likely the most honest of this entire oath, the vixen would do anything for the family she had now, but it was hard to consider these new faces anything close to blood.

"I shall only speak the truth," she had to hold back a cringe from that, how on earth could she manage that? She's a con-artist, lying is her entire life! God, she hoped this was lieniant. "and let honor and loyalty rule my heart." What did that line even mean? "I will always be loyal to my King and Queen." True and true. "I will defend the innocent, and punish the evil." She was begginning to grow bored, but she held no reluctance to that sentence, no matter how messy a line "evil" was to her. "Overall, I swear to give my blood," How does that even work? "devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade." 

All seemed good when she finished, and was relieved it was finally over, until the Duchess mention a word that actually did make her cringe this time, groom. She was going to be touching these strangers? She took a moment to relax, it wasn't anything she hadn't done before, but that always came with a benefit, and suddenly Shalon stood in front and began nipping at her shoulder and she was in a complete state of awkward.

Stubborn Emory is stubborn heh
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha smiled to the three being accepted. Freya, Emory, Sylvas and Eden. Now members of the Inner circle after they finished their rites. She moved to join them in the grooming session, as she was called over. "Congragulations" she said after pausing between grooming. They had earned it. However one of them seemed rather awkward at the grooming, but heartha did not pay too much mind to that.
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sylvas' ears perked at the sound of Shalon's voice, welcoming all that were gathered. Soon Sylvas' head tilted to the side slightly as he watched each individual repeat the words that the Duchess spoke, amber eyes looking to each member as they repeated in sync the sacred oath to become one of the Inner Circle wolves. Clearing his throat, tail giving a casual sway behind him, the mercenary straightened his posture and allowed his smooth voice to slip from his muzzle, to ring with the other voices that echoed through the main tunnel, ”I, Sylvas Streiter, swear the oath of the Royal Fire Court. I will always defend my family and my kin. I shall speak only the truth, and let honour and loyalty rule my heart. I will always be loyal to my King and Queen." Licking his muzzle quickly, Sylvas repeated the last words of the oath, ”I will defend the innocent and punish those with evil intention. Over all, I swear to give my blood, devotion, and my life to the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade.” Taking a breath, Sylvas glanced around at the group, golden eyes watching as each of them began to groom each other. Suddenly the male felt another's touch, his head turning to look to his mate, Eden as she began the next stage of the ceremony of grooming.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Last post

Shalon felt the akwardness of Emory beneath her grooming, of which she didn't really care. She knew the point of this ceremony was to move past the awkwardness. She hoped that one day the distance between Emory and herself would dissipate. But as long as she didn't cause any trouble, Shalon would see past the distain in her voice as she was reciting her vow. After all she was the King's sister.

She was very proud of everything that the pack was doing, the firendships that had blossomed in the last few months. It brought a smile to her face, as Alder and Aspen joined them. After a few minutes Alder gave the signal, and the ceremony was over, and everyone could go there seperate ways.
Shalon's Pawprints