Neverwinter Forest Harborage
11 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
It was cold... so cold. The wind was blowing hard and the tempature had to be in the below 30s. Sophie was walking slowly with her head down, trying to keep the snow from getting in her eyes. The bottoms of her paws felt as though they would freeze. She was searching for a pack, to have shelter during the winter as well as for protection from. The snow hit aginst her pelt decorating it with even more white specks within her black coat.

The smell of pines came to her slightly among the waves of snow. She thought of trees and how they could be used nicely as a wall of protection. She contined to walk and began to see the green pines, but she stopped. The scent of a pack lay around the woods. She was tempted to step forward for the protection but delving into claimed territory could be even more deadly then staying out in this weather. She howled, hopping that someone would come and allow her harborage during the storm; maybe permanently.
Wish to learn more about Sophie?
or
Think it would be fun to thread with her and create plots.
Just PM me! :)

ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
It was cold, bitterly so. Kjalarr drew in a deep breath of the chilled air, feeling it sting against the warmth of his lungs as his steeled his broad shoulders and pushed forth. He was a Northman. He was built for the weather that swept through the Wilds. That didn’t mean it did not chill him to the marrow of his bones. His sweep of the borders was a necessary evil and he did it because it was apart of his job, to sate his increased territorial behavior and for his children that grew within Ondine’s womb. Any day now they would be born into the world. She was not yet in labor but they both knew she was close. Still unsure of his new role as soon-to-be father the viking was left feeling a bizarre mixture of nerves, joy, curiosity with a tinge of fear.

A howl tore the grey sky asunder and with a bristle to his coarse hackles Kjalarr wasted no time accosting the stranger at his borders. His steps slowed as he came upon her, his posture stiff (mostly because of the cold) and regal, displaying his dominance without much thought. “This is Neverwinter Forest. I am Kjalarr, it’s Alpha Male.” Crisp, brisk and to the point. He didn’t fancy being away from Ondine for long intervals of time not wanting to miss the birth of his children.

“What is your purpose here?” He inquired, smoothly transitioning straight to the point.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

11 Posts
Ooc —
She almost didn't see him, the white male that walked up to the boarder. She heard him before she saw him and right away he stated the pack, his rank, and asked what Sophies purpose was here. She looked up to see him in his dominance stance and she needn't change hers too much as she was already low and small cowering in the cold. The weather wouldn't have bothered her too much if it weren't for the fact that her fear and lack of shelter had left her alone to deal with the elements. 

As she looked up as him he appeared strong and well endowed with muscle. Seeing as how he was the Alpha, he seemed to represent the pack and how strong it was within. She thought to make it quick, to match his pace and to give herself the best chance of shelter as soon as possible. "I seek a place in your pack. I am a skilled hunter and would offer any other services I have for a place within your boarders."
or

ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
She had made herself small and cowered though whether it was because of him or the cold Kjalarr was not inherently sure. Needless to say he accepted it as submission, for the moment with a tremor of his whiskers. Despite this, he did not relax his position, not feeling all that inclined to. She did not particularly strike the Northman as a threat, nor did she challenge him, but she was still a stranger and Kjalarr’s trust was not blind nor so freely given. A slow shiver made it’s way down his spine as a strong gust of bitterly cold wind whipped up, but he buffered it with a tense of his muscles. He was built for this weather. Vaguely, he remembered Thistle mentioning that his father had come from the northern stretches: where ice lasted all year round. As the woman spoke Kjalarr’s attention shifted back to her, offering it raptly, his ears pushing forth atop his skull. He could hear her just find, even over the howling fits of wind but it was more for a physical display of attention than it was actually necessary. She got right to the point — something that Kjalarr could appreciate — and offered her skill freely. A hunter. That would certainly be helpful, especially in these months. As far as Kjalarr was aware he could not recall that any in Neverwinter Forest held the trade officially. Every now and then he thought of switching his scout trade for something more practical to his diplomatic position. After all, he didn’t get the time nor did he truly have the freedoms to run about exploring as he did when he was a child. His responsibilities were too great and his reign as Alpha Male (despite that he had help from Kaskara) demanded that he tend to his sovereign duties first and foremost.

Kjalarr does not speak yet, contemplative as his assess her. She appeared healthy. Not malnourished and he smelled no illness upon her. “Neverwinter Forest is a close-knit pack. We’re like a family here. We expect you to do your part and contribute. Each of us must pull our own weight here and we — I —” He warned. “will not tolerate any freeloaders.” And he was not afraid to deal with freeloaders accordingly, not afraid to cut them loose if it became an issue. “Does this skilled hunter have a name?” He inquired next. He saw no reason why he shouldn’t accept her but first the viking felt he should know her name before he made the decision official.
[/td][/tr][/table]

1/3 threads
you're infinitely more —

11 Posts
Ooc —
The male explained that the pack she was on the border of was a close-nit pack. This ment two things to Sophie: Proection and a difficulty to fit in. The alpha explained that there would be no freeloaders in the pack and Sophie had no intention to. Yes she was mainly joining the pack for her own protection, but she would be happy to provide food for others as payment. 

He then asked her name and she gave it telling him "My name is Sophie and I can garantee that I will pull my weight." She looked up to him hoping that he would believe her and allow her harborage within their pack.
or

ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Sophie, she said her name was. Kjalarr accepted it with a nod, tucking it away. He did not comment on her promise, knowing that she really had no choice but to pull her own weight. The Viking took a step back and gestured with his muzzle for her to step forth, into the borders and join him. “I will give you a tour of Neverwinter Forest and then I will take you to meet the Alpha Female, Kaskara.” He informed her simply before he turned and began the tour, giving pause only for a moment to be sure that she was following along and that he did not make his pace hard for her to keep up with.
[/td][/tr][/table]

1/3 threads
you're infinitely more —

11 Posts
Ooc —
She took her first couple steps over the border of the pack that she was soon to be a member of and at first was filled with comfort and joy. But something changed, she wasn't quite sure what it was. By entering the first few rows of trees the weather calmed down significantly. The need for emediate shelter was no longer felt and Sophie's worries about this pack began to grow. How did she know this pack would be about to protect her, she had made the assumption that they could. How did she know that one of the members of this pack wasn't originally from her birth pack and hiding out to get her once she felt at ease and let her guard down. 

She silently took the steps she took into the territory back, once again just outside the border. She turned away and ran into the flury of snow disappearing almost being the white male could even she that she left.
or