Golden Glade Diet of the Century
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Private 
Here you go @Aspen

Shalon had just finished her trek through the territory, having checked as many caches as she could remeber. And the results were worrying, she wasn't a hunter or a caregiver, but things were looking a little scarce. Perhaps a hunting trip would be in order soon, shaking her head they had enough for a few days, maybe a week or two at the most. She would bring it up to Aspen or Alder soon.

When she came back to her senses she stood before the entrance of the tunnels, tilting her head to the side slightly with a shrug. She entered the tunnels and headed for the pool in the center. She was still amazed at the size of the tunnel system, it was perfect for their needs. Shalon commended Aspen and Alder for finding such a perfect place. Plopping herself on the edge of the water she stared at her reflection, and the ripples the distorted her features.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
The sound of paws reps in the tunnel had the queen curious. There were many wolves that now had their homes in the tunnels. Probably a good thing since winter was coming. 

winter. Ah the silvr fae's least favourite season. It was gorgorgeous.  But with the snow and ice came the struggles of supporting a pack. Food was scarcer in the winter and the caches were already beginning to be empty. With many young mouths to feed, this was an issue. Especially with the Queens children starting on meat soon to be followed by Heartha's. 

That brought something else to the Queens attention. She had bBen spending so much time with her children he had yet to go and see Heartha's or even Edens. 

The queen let out a long sigh as she lifted herself to her feet and trailed down the tunnels glancing every now and then to see who was where and if there was anyone to talk to. She didn't care much if her children followed at this point since she had no destination in mind. 

It was not long before the duchess caught her attention. Ah, perhaps she would go and chat with her. See how their journey went, discuss the topic of food supply and lack of wolves able to hunt. 

Aspen wandered to sit besidesbesides the duchess as she apappeared to be staring at her reflection in he pool. "Hey Shalon," the queen spoke in a friendly but still buisness oriented tone.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Looking over her left shoulder slightly Shalon smiled seeing the silver Queen. "My Queen." She spoke softly as she rose to a sitting position and dip her head in a respectful greeting. She could hear the tone in her voice, and watched the matriarch approach. "How are you today?" Finding a way to start the conversation. 

Shalon knew the queen was busy, with her pups. Shalon missed seeing the woman up and about. But she looked in good condition, which was reassuring. The small smile never left Shalon maw.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled as Shalon greeted her and asked how the female was. "I'm alright, tired, but an alpha's job never ends. Let alone a mothers," she said with a soft chuckle.

"Besides,  with not only myself but Eden and Heartha off our feet, there is a lot to get done. I'll be able to do more though now that the kids are more independant," she stated warmly. She was happy she would be able to get back to work but seems not much patrolling would get done by her as there was hunting to get done. 

"I'll admit though, its going to be tough this winter. We have 8 more mouths to feed than we are used to. Heartha's pups will be on meat soon and I'm trying to get mine to eat it as well," she stated. "More meat eating children, more hunting that needs to be done. If you know what I mean," she stated. 

Aspen had a potential solution but she wanted to run it by the duchess before she made any drastic choices. It wasn't always the safest option.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded softly, she too had been thinking of their issues. She was increasingly worried about the well being of the members within the Court. They were her family, and she knew how hard it could be to care for a family. Although she was hard pressed to find a solution to their problems. She couldn't think of a way to get the food they needed without leaving the rest of the pack undefended. "I have been thinking of this as well, it could be a very leave winter indeed." Shalon was used to the little food that came with the season of winter, as would most of the adult wolves that had once lived in the North. She knew it was going to be difficult with the new pups, and the new mothers. She was grateful that they woman would be able to help more with the day to day runnings of things, taking a weight off of Shalon's shoulders. It wasn't terribly difficult work, but Shalon tended to be doing double of everything, at least that's how she felt. Patrolling twice a day, hunting twice a day although most of the time unsuccessful. She was tired. Besides the winters were always the hardest season for Shalon, reminding her of her old life with her mother and brother, and the season that eventually seperated them from one another. Shaking her head softly, Shalons piercing silver orbs looked to the Queen before her.

"Have you thought of a way to help ease the situation?" Shalon knew that this season would mean many adults going hungry while watching the youngesters eat. Her stomach growling furiously as she thought about it.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen's ears twitched as Shalon spoke explaining she too had noticed and been thinking about this coming winter. "It's not going to be easy..that's for sure. But we have to figure something out," she stated pausing before answering the Duchess' next question.

Aspen dipped her head into a nod. "Aye I believe I might have some sort of plan....but I'm not sure you will like it that much," she stated frowning slightly knowing that Shalon wasn't a fan of wolves leaving that had other priorities such as children or the expecting of some. Though it was one of few options they had left and besides, her children were okay to be left alone...if it meant they got food.

"The obvious first point is we need more wolves, wolves who can hunt and help to provide for the pack. We have few free adults right now and that's not going to help us," she spoke authority present in her tone. This was not an issue in which to be taken lightly.

"The part you might not like is...well. I was thinking, since there are virtually no packs to the north or south of this one, perhaps if we find a shortage of prey amongst our lands a group of us could go out to the plateau, or the valley and hunt for prey there every once in a while to stock up. I'm sure since the prey there is not used to wolf company we would have little trouble finding something to bring back for the children," she spoke keeping her gaze resting on Shalons silver eyes. Waiting upon the girls reaction. Hopefully she would see where the silver queen was coming from. If not, then perhaps it would take some convincing.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded solemnly, indeed there was no laughter to be had in the conversation. She was worried only herself and Freya had no obligations in the pack and it was hard to think of what might happen in the near future if they didn't find food. Frowning as Aspen continued, there wasn't much Shalon would disagree with. 

What is is her plan?

She thought nervously. "Recruits are a must now, always have been always will be." Shalon sighed softly, shaking her head, she was terrible at recruiting. It was the Queens second plan that made Shalon nervous, and she shook her head. "No, absolutely not." Shalon shook her head vehemently as she stood from her seated position. "Mothers are not to leave there children" There was slight panic in her voice, she couldn't let them leave there children. "We will find an alternative." This was one thing she didn't wish to happen and one thing she could follow Aspens lead with. 

crappy phone post....
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen nodded curtly as Shalon reinstated the fact that recruitment was very important. "Something we all need to partake in but especially those of us in positions of authority. The more paws we can have to help hunt the better. I know it is slightly counter productive in the respect that it means more mouths to feed but...I don't know what else to do," she spoke trying not to sound as hopeless as she felt speaking those words.

Aspen frowned as Shalon completely shot down the Queens idea explaining that wolves were not allowed to leave their young. "We have to do something!" the queen said frustration evident in her tone. She was not angry at Shalon and she hoped the fae new that. It was just a difficult situation with little solution. The queen wouldn't give up that easily however. "Only the mothers who's pups are old enough to be left alone for short periods of time Shalon. Myself specifically, and the fathers that are present could join as well. Sylvas and Alder. Surely they wouldn't mind if it meant food for the kids," she stated staring momentarily into the water. "Besides, if I go to hunt with you guys, Heartha and Eden will both still be in the tunnels. My kids would be fine.." she finished.

She didn't mean to say Heartha was not capable of hunting as her pups were nearly the same age. It was just, she didn't seem like she would be the kind of mother that would want to let her pups be alone. Perhaps that made her a better mother than the queen but at this point Aspen just thought she was doing what was best.

"I don't know about you, but I don't have another alternative. I don't know what else we can do.." she stated staring at her paws for a moment. This side of being an alpha was not easy. The part where you had to ask someone else for help, or the part where you didn't know how to solve a problem.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon frowned, still shaking her head. "And who would you propose stay to keep them safe?" Shalon knew that a large hunt was in order, a hunt that might not take only a few hours. "You are proposing that all able bodied wolves leave the area, in search of food? So what happens when we are gone for days at a time and a lone wolf happens upon our rendevous site?" Shalon continued to shake her head pacing, she didn't care if the Queen was made at her or not, well not right now she didn't.

"Aspen." Shalon spoke firmly, "Could you live with yourself if something happened while you were gone? Could your pups forgive you if you leave them and never return?" She had a tear in her eye, the questions bombarding her own mind. Shalon having still yet to forgive her mother for her own misfortunate past. "For the meal we are looking for, I doubt we will be back within the hour. We could be gone a few days. There is no point in going if you are only going to be distracted." Shalon had never spoken out of turn, or disagreed with either the King or Queen before, but this... this was to close to Shalon, to her past, and she couldn't bear if the pups in her pack grew up like she had. They couldn't be left motherless.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen came to a sudden realization as shalon spoke. She was right....she hadn't thought about the effect of taking all able bodied wolves from the pack. Who would defend her children her pride and joys. Aspen immediately felt a tear resting in the corner of her eyes. How could she have not thought of that. She would die if anything happened to any of the because of her.

"Oh my gosh....I'm so stupid," she stated shaking her head at the floor. She shook her head as the fae spoke about could aspen ever forgive herself if something happened to them. "No and you're right, I can't believe I didn't realize that by speaking that idea i was putting the lives of my children and Eden and Heartha's at risk by being so naive," she stated dissappointed with her self.

"Alright....what can we do then, there has to be another option, though I refuse to ask wolves for help....not to mention the current lack of alliances," she stated bluntly. She felt slight shame that their pack ahad been fairly reclusive and perhaps a trip to the creek pack was in question. Or their neighbours to the east. Who knows.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Taking a shaky breath Shalon exhaled softly, calming her beating heart. "You're not stupid Aspen, you are just concerned for you children. I'm hear to make sure you don't DO anything stupid." Shalon smiled softly, although it didn't quite reach her eyes. Softly she nodded her head, before looking back at the pale Queen. "I will go, with Sylvas. If he is willing." Shalon paused for just a moment solidifying her plan in her head,  "We are both strong and able, although not hunters we can get the job done. That will leave the mothers with their children, Freya and Alder if something goes wrong." That made the most sense, if she could she would have taken Freya, but Shalon wasn't sure if her fram was suited to the large game hunting she was hoping to accomplish with Sylvas.

"I would say as long as Alder and Freya don't stray to far from the tunnels it should all be fine." Shalon wasn't all that concerned about an attack or an intruder, but you never know. It was always better to be prepared. Shalon looked up to Aspen, hoping that this plan made sense. They could bring back a ton, but they could bring enough to get by before heading out again, and again, and again. This was the best plan Shalon could think of. She knew it would be easier if they had more wolves around, especially a hunter.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled slightly as Shalon stated the queen wasn't stupid and that she was here to make sure aspen didn't DO anything stupid. "Thank you Shalon, honestly I don't know where I would be without you some days," she spoke adding a soft chuckle at the end trying to lighten up the mood a bit. Though the topic remained serious.

Shalon spoke further explaining she was willing to go if Sylvas was willing to join her. "That sounds like a good idea, especially considering that we then still have wolves to watch over us," she stated. Though it was still unfortuante Shalon was still forced to go to the measures of spending days away from the pack again just to provide food for all the mouths they had to feed. She was impressed at the loyalty of their members though. 

"Perhaps then you should go find to him and speak of this to him. I could come if you would like but I think I might go and do some patrolling," the queen stated with a small roll of her shoulders. "This has been a much needed chat I think and thanks for talking this all through with me. Safe travels and prayers for a good hunt," the queen stated dipping her head in a bow.  "Be careful Shalon," the queen added giving the girl an affectionate nudge. She rose to her feet though she daren't leave in the case the Duchess did wish to speak further or her to join in speaking to Sylvas.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Nodding her head in return, Shalon smiled at the Queen as she turned to leave. She could speak to Sylvas on her own, she had her orders, well she had permission to follow her own orders. She was glad to have had the chance to speak with the monarch and try to find a solution. This would work! Shalon knew it would, and so she watched as Aspen left, before leaving on her own to find Sylvas. Her loyal packmate.
Shalon's Pawprints