Stone Circle I forgot I had those
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
She was emerging from her den for one of the first times since the incident (both the altercation with Steady and the talk with Day) and her first destination was the cache. Part of her felt guilty for not helping fill it in her time of recluse, but that didn't curb the hunger pangs beating at her ribs. As she dipped her head, sniffing at the hanks within, Belle chose to nip at a small rodent; it had become unrecognizable in the conditions of the winter, thus she figured none of the other, more productive members, would want it. There were a few wolves on her mind who she hadn't yet had a chance to have a [sane] conversation with, such as @Grayday or @Chaska. She figured that Day would be busy with the children and his mate, and perhaps Chaska would be keeping himself busy learning the stories of the pack. 
She finished picking at the small carcass and lifted her head, licking her chops hungrily but choosing not to dig back through the pile. Belle tilted her head back and called for either of the males. She wanted to know what had been happening in the pack while she was away, but she could also use the opportunity to talk. 
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's ears perked up at the call. And, unbeknownst to him, his tail even had a little wag. He stood up from his lying position, and went over to meet with her. He ignored the fact she called for another, accidentally or purposefully.

"Mirabelle. How are you doing?" he asked, standing a little taller than usual. Ever since Steady snapped at her, he wasn't sure whether protecting her had worsened his relationship with the alpha or not. But in his eyes, Mira had been trying to help the pup. He wanted to look over her for any old wounds, but he was careful about personal space. "I am sorry about what happened."
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Rather than giving a harsh glance and possibly a low rumble in response to the man's presence, Belle chose to react kindly and shared a genuine smile. Hey there, she cooed, though her voice cracked from the prolonged silence she'd become accustomed to, I'm fine, but how are you? In the time since the incident, Belle had thought of the way Chaska protected her from Steady, defending her even though they were barely acquainted. She figured that his willingness to stand for a stranger would equate his willingness to fall for one, thus her plan was beginning to form itself with a much stronger backing.
It's alright, what happened. He is her father and I guess it makes sense for him to have been afraid but I just...I don't know. She flashed him her amber eyes and gave a quick batting before slowly inching closer. I appreciate you defending me. It was a very brave thing to do, you know. A smile curled across her black lips as she whimpered and nosed at his shoulder -- a sign of gratitude and affection, equally genuine and forced. Not a lot of others would've done something like that.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska chose to let how she spoke slide, thinking it was how she chose to speak. Nothing else of it. "I am doing fine." Except for the fact that he was still unsure. "You didn't get too hurt, did you?" If she did, Krypton could surely fix her up. She had come back recently.

"I get it. You chose to help her. But, well a father can be rather protective. i wasn't there, so I guess I don't know the full story." Chaska looked back at her, finding himself caught in her stare again. He gave a smile, and a rather weak one at that. "I-It's nothing, really" he replied, breaking the stare he was giving back. "We are a family, after all." And really, all he did was want to break up the fight. 

He wasn't too surprised by her motion, a sign of gratitude. But the force behind it, it surprised him a little. As did her next words. "What do you mean?" Was there something else about her?
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Belle gave a flustered sigh and released a thick puff of air. Her head turned to the side and her nostrils open to the cold, she smiled at the young male once again and began her explanation. I mean...it was just...it was nice of you, 's all. She was becoming quite fond of Chaska, and she figured that then might be a fair time to let him know. I was thinking, she began, that maybe we could try being more than just friends. I mean, we don't have to, of course. But I think I might...like you.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska lended an ear to listen. She was a bit flustered, and he couldn't understand why at first. But as the words were coming, he was completely sure. Her response wasn't like a smack to the face, like he expected such a response to be since he first learnt of love and mateship. It was more of a fluttery feeling deep down. 

"I..." Could that have been why he helped her? He looked at her, and found himself staring back at those eyes once again. Those eyes, that he had seen many times, yet every time felt like a first. "I think I do too." He didn't even think of those words as they came out. They felt right to him, for some reason he could not explain. It just felt right.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Because Belle had refused any romantic gestures in her life, and because she had begun to believe that romance and love were things of fiction, she had no idea what to do next. Chaska agreed, confirming that they would be taking some big steps in the coming days, but rather than giving even a nuzzle to his shoulder, Belle just grinned. A curt grin, one that said 'Okay, we're done here' rather than the loving 'Myes time for smoochies' she would've hoped for. She then laughed awkwardly before standing to say her goodbyes.

So, she began, where do we go from here?
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The grey male grinned back. This was his first time at feeling these feelings, and had no idea on how to react. He guessed others acted differently in such situations. And by her awkward laugh, he assumed nuzzling her would only make her more awkward. Perhaps they weren't at that stage yet.

"I don't know...Do we get to know each other better, or..something?" He had no clue on what to do from here. Or who to ask. "Maybe we should ask around for advice..Or wing it." That was something he was used to. Just winging things.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Ask for advice. Definitely ask for advice. We can wing it. I'd like that. Belle was imploding under the weight of her growing anxiety and confusion, and yet she managed to remain cool. When did they become mates? Did she have to change her name? And he wouldn't want to...oh God, but what if he did? So many things remained open, on the table, no definite answers attached. She didn't understand what she was getting herself into, and yet, she liked the thrill of the unknown. 

One last nuzzle to Chaska's cheek and Belle was ready to say her goodbyes. I guess I'll see you around then..., she said, and then she was speed walking back to the confines of her den.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska nodded in agreement. He was anxious under his skin, many questions running through his mind. What did this mean for them? he had never experienced anything like this, and as well as being scared about the future, he was also excited. The thrill of what could come, the unexpected turns of this newfound relationship.

With one last nuzzle that froze him on the spot, she left. And he couldn't help but stare after her, watching as she moved away quickly. He saw her in a new light now. Then he quickly shook his head to clear it and get moving to do something that would put his mind on track. Something easier said than done in this situation.