Stavanger Bay hope that you'll stay
i better go it alone
114 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
all welcome. Assume all BRD wolves can hear his call if theyre in the territory

Following their interactions with the wolves on the cliff, Murgash had belted towards home with new purpose. It was troubling news to say the least, and as he finally set foot in the Depth's heartland he loosed a sonorous and urgent call. He howled for @Skellige @Szymon and @Doe, though his voice was carried by the wind and any within the realm could have heard it.

His howl detailed their travels; the days they winded up the coast, the things they saw. His song spoke of the wolves they encountered, and the evidence of new settlement past the Sound. His call tapered to a quiet, low finish once he spoke of how they had left hastily. 

it was unusual for the man to issue any summon, and he waited anxiously alongside @Rouge for an audience.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge raced back to the coast eager to deliver her news to Skellige the leader who had sent her on her mission. Murgash had traveled with her with equal amount of heist. Rouge knew little about the pack and how they would feel about new neibors. So when her companion called for the audience of all the major leads and subsequently announced to everyone near, a summary of their encounter she thought it was a bit much. 

Rouge would have only reported to Skelliage but this would work. She was determined to report back to him, wanting to prove herself and her worth. It was her who had found the pack and Murgash had been following her. She wanted them to know of her work.

la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Doe approached when Murgash called, but for some reason, the bedraggled male felt the need to exit the scene upon her arrival. Odd, thought Doe, but that could often be said about Murgash. Instead of pursuing him, she looked toward Rouge, who seemed to have something to say on the matter.

"Is everything alright?" she asked the darker shewolf, coming near enough to pick up the many strange scents upon the woman's coat. She smelled like worry and excitement, and Doe grew anxious even as she cocked her head and twisted and ear in curiosity. Had someone else died? Everyone was dying or going missing all of the sudden, and Doe hated it.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sorry for late reply was waiting to see if anyone else was going to join in.

It seemed that Rouge wouldn't need to worry if she would be heard or not as her male companion walked away from the scene after calling for an audience. It seemed she would be getting all the credit and she had no problem with that. A female approached that Rouge had never meet before. At first she was hesitant to speak as the female asked what had happened, but Rouge could smell the scent of Szymon on this female's pelt, along with the overall scent of the pack. If Rouge couldn't tell Skellige then Symon would be the next best wolf and after him, someone who could tell him.

Rouge stepped forward and relayed the situation to this female as if she were relaying a status report. Normally she wouldn't be so formal but in relaying information from her first assigned tasked she though it would be best to be taken seriously. She stood firm when relaying this information but not in a dominant way, more so that her voice could project. "I was sent by Skellige to search the coast and I return with news of a newly formed pack far up the coast, north east of here. I wish to speak with him or Symon of my news."

la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Doe's ears twitched and then flattened at the woman's news. Another pack. She knew already what Skellige would want, but the Leviathan had been missing for several days, by then. Perhaps they could avoid conflict, but she would have to know how far they were before she would know whether or not this pack was a threat.

Anxiously, Doe tipped back her head and called for @Szymon in her usual series of clipped yip-yaps. Though her husband no longer stuttered when they were alone together, his name-sound remained unchanged.

"Were they far?" Doe asked as they waited, unable to help but pry for more information. She tested the shewolf's scent once again, searching for answers.
We can wait for Szymon, if you want!
devil worshipper with a heart of gold
304 Posts
Ooc — KJ
[table width=65%][tr][td]
Szymon arrived on the scene as promptly as he dared; the call had been for himself, Skellige, and Doe, but the black-banded Cairn had been preoccupied with securing one of the caches that had flooded. After recovering the ritual items and food that had been nearly swept away, he moved at a swift clip toward Murgash’s cry — and his pace quickened at the sound of Doe’s name-sound for him. He arrived with a furrow of his brow that bespoke confusion, but he would not ask where Murgash had gone; he wasn’t altogether thrilled with how enamored the mangy wolf seemed to be with Doe, after all. Instead he turned to Rouge, a wolf he now possessed a measure of trust for, for she had done his bidding with alacrity. “Scout,” he said cordially, his muzzle pressing lovingly against Doe’s as he offered her a sloppy, enthusiastic lick alongside the underside of her chin. “What news do you have for our Leviathan?”
[/td][/tr][/table]
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Szymon had arrived and she knew of his high ranking within the pack. He didn't seem to shoo away the female that was at his side and so Rouge told them everything that she knew about the situation. "As I ventured up the coast I came cross a pack of wolves that were in the process of claiming territory." She glanced over at the female before looking back at Symon, clairfying for the female how far they were. "There were at the shores edge, on a cliff, North East of here, as far as possible. Three of four wolves approtched me, many of them agressively..." She paused for a moment before saying her last bit of information "A female asked if I could tell her sister Deirdre of Donnelaith​ a message. I haven't done so." 

That was all she had to say unless one of them asked further questions. The stangers request of a message would be denied unless Szyom approved of such things.

la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Doe listened to Rouge speak, her ears twisted in the woman's direction but her eyes on her husband as she watched for his reaction. These other wolves were far - and that was good. But Doe wasn't sure it would be enough for the Leviathan, and she was not even certain it would be enough for Szymon. Other packs could be dangerous, even though they were at peace with the ones closest to home.

"Deirdre's sister is among them - perhaps they can be reasoned with," Doe murmured, though her ears had turned down when Rouge spoke of their aggression. "Did they hurt you at all?" she asked the woman, concerned.
304 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Szymon listened quietly as Rouge spoke of a pack laying claim to a swath of coastal territory — Skellige’s territory. The eldest Cairn’s way was to wage war — and it was a kneejerk response for Szymon’s hackles to bristle with aggression as he considered it seriously, seeing it as the pack’s foremost course of action. Turning to Doe for her counsel, “We c-cannot limp into war,” he murmured in a disappointed growl, the brief flicker of his stutter revealing his unease. “We are weighed down with cubs.” It was a harsh way of looking at things, but nobody could deny that the Argosy loved his children the only way a Cairn could love. “Donnelaith is a peaceful ally; we cannot count on their fangs.” The pack’s numbers had dwindled — Szymon had written off Tetsubō, Ishild, and Jagoda as wolves Skellige could count on, no matter what the silver-ribbed Leviathan seemed to believe. They were spread too thin to wage war now, and Szymon was unsure of Arturo’s alliance. He liked the coywolf a great deal, but Arturo had dealt primarily with Skellige.

While Doe busied herself with checking over the scout’s general wellbeing, Szymon stewed. I am not prepared to reason with them,” he told her bluntly. He was no diplomat, and had no love for wolves who had the audacity to settle on Skellige’s coast. Grumpily he tacked on: “yet we are not prepared for battle.” Turning to Rouge, “The message for Deirdre — what was it? What name did she give you?”
[/td][/tr][/table]
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
The female seemed to take the situation rather calmly and was more focussed on if Rouge was ok and if this could be talked out, rather then fought. "I was not hurt, but many threatened my life, if I was to stay any longer." Rouge said to Doe before Szymon had a chance to speak.

Szymon had a very different outlook on the situation and spoke of war but how we were low on numbers and how one of our allies wouldn't fight at their side. He saw no reason to reason with these wolves and asked what the message was that the female of this other pack had asked Rouge to tell to one of the members of their allied packs. "The female didn't give me her name and asked that I tell her sister 'Deirdre of Donnelaith' that she was safe." Rouge said repeating the verbage the female had said to her.

la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
"Hm," she mused, glancing at Szymon with a hint of irritation that was mostly smoothed over by affection. He and his brother could be so savage, sometimes. It was one of the reasons she loved them so much. However, in this case, she hoped that neither of them would go throwing rocks. It seemed to Doe that the other pack was merely being protective of their borders. Besides - Deirdre's sister was among them. Surely, that was a good sign.

"It does not seem like it requires immediate attention," Doe said after a moment. "We'll need to keep an eye on the territories north of us. If they don't come close, I don't see any reason to bother them."

Deirdre would have to be told, of course. Doe thought she should handle that, but she wouldn't take the message from Rouge without her permission. It'd been given to her, after all.

"Do you want me to talk to Deirdre, or would you rather deliver the message yourself?" she asked.

Obviously, we can't talk to Deirdre anymore XD
304 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Deep in thought, Szymon missed the flash of irritation in his mate’s eyes. To be fair, though, even if he had seen it he might not have recognized it — that, or he’d have misinterpreted it for irritation at the wolves who had the audacity to lay claim to the coast. “You have done well,” he murmured at last to Rouge, accepting the Atoll’s word as law. Although outright war was his kneejerk response, he could see the merit in waiting for events to unfold organically; he only hoped that Skellige would agree with Doe’s assessment. “Teaghlaigh should be informed about the claim, too,” he added as an afterthought, “so they know to be wary when scouting the northern coast. I will go.” Szymon felt comfortable enough bearing that piece of news himself — and, okay, he wanted to go ask about Arturo’s willingness to join the Blackrock Depths warband in battle. He didn’t know that in mere days everything would change.
[/td][/tr][/table]
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Doe and Szymon both spoke of the inemediate threat that this new pack may pose and seemed to take a more relaxed and not hot headed responce to the matter. Both of them were very capable in Rouge's eyes to be high within the pack. Szymon took it upon himself to deliver the news to their neiboring allie. Rouge didn't mind, she had been out of the terriotry for sometime and wanted sometime to rest after her long time away. 
Doe then asked if Rouge wanted to deliver the message requested by this newly arrived pack. Rouge neither wanted to accept nor decline. She looked aver at Doe to say "I will do whatever you wish, but I have been traveling for sometime now and would like to rest."

304 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Tacking an ending on this with Doe’s permission.

Exchanging a glance with his mate, Szymon made the call: “You have done well,” he repeated, “and will be rewarded. Rest. Doe and I will go to Donnelaith and Teaghlaigh.” With that, he offered a rare physical affirmation of camaraderie to Rouge, gently brushing the bridge of his muzzle against her raven-furred shoulder before turning and following his wife back to the Stone Den.
[/td][/tr][/table]