Stone Circle Den Pals
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Chaska decided to check for @Krypton after dawn approached. The first thing to do for the day. She had gone to make her own den only days ago, and when she had arrived she was in no condition to do so. She she had stayed with him, just for until she could make one. He sent out a howl up for her, then waited near his den, but still standing instead of sitting. If she did not come to him, he would go to her.

Anyone else is welcome to join
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
she was already in the process of digging, already a couple inches, close to a foot, deep into the hard dirt. her paws ached as she continued to dig relentlessly, knowing she needed to hurry it up before nightfall. with that, more dirt came flying from her large paws. she didn't dare stop to rest until a howl reached her ears.

she stopped her digging, climbing out of her crater. she recognized the caller, chaska. what was he calling her for? curiously, she made her way towards his voice and scent, wondering why he needed her. she walked with her long strides, covering the snowy ground with ease as the frigid air and ground numbed her paws. it was good that she felt numb, she didn't notice the scratch on her paw pad that was bleeding. as she walked, every step on her front left limb left a bit of blood in it. 

by the time she reached chaska, she gave him a smile and a dip of the head in greeting. "greetings chaska"  she said to him, walking closer with a neutral position.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska saw Krypton arriving, and smiled over to her before she reached him. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw she was bleeding from her foot. He dipped his head in his own greeting, and then pointed with his nose toward her foot. "You're bleeding." It didn't look too bad, as there wasn't too much blood. And he knew she was capable of taking care of herself. 

"How are you doing? I'm not interrupting your digging, am I?" If he was, he would happily help her earn back that time by helping her dig. Plus, the bleeding could perhaps have been a sign that her digging wasn't going too well for her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
her greeting was returned, though she was surprised by his statement. was she bleeding? the beast looked at her body, lifted up her legs and such until she found the culprit. because it was a little scratch, she thought nothing of it. it wouldn't hurt her. "ah, thank you for telling me. I'll be sure to patch it up later" she said to him before hearing his question. she smiled it off, feeling it was best to be honest.

"i'm doing well, though i need to see the others of the pack, but i'm good" she replied calmly, her plume swished behind her. she needed to reconnect with the others of the pack, but for now, she needed to establish her den and be able to survive the freezing nights. "as for digging, you didn't interrupt, not at all!" she said, her tail wagging. "i was just about to take a break when you called, so it worked out fine" 
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Good. I'd hate to see that get infected. Plus, how can I trust you to care for me if you can't care about yourself" he joked, a sly smile appearning along his snout. He had lost count in the number of times she had nursed him.

"All right. I'm glad." His own tail swayed slowly behind him. She was a great friend, and he still couldn't believe she came all this way, through harsh winter, just to come back to them. "The journey here. Must have been tough...How far did you go?" All he knew was that she went to see family. He wasn't even sure if it had gone well or not.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
his sly joke and grin made her laugh and chuckle, her chest rising and falling and shoulders shaking. laughter, what a strange thing. she hadn't laughed for what felt to be forever and boy did it feel good to laugh.  "feels like i've nursed you too many times,"  she remarked, shaking her head with a smile. his next question made her smile falter a bit. the topic was... sensitive, yet out in the open.

krypton trusted chaska enough with her life to believe he deserved to know what happened to her during her months worth of travel. he asked about the distance, making krypton give herself a puzzled look. exactly, how far did she go? had to have been hundreds maybe thousands of miles maybe that she traveled. she couldn't wrap her brain around it that well, but decided upon a strong number to give him. "several miles, days worth of travel." it was a long journey indeed and wasn't worth it.

she looked towards her friend with a small smile. "Chaska, can i.... tell you something important?" she asked, wondering if he would even want to listen to her ramble. krypton hadn't said a word about her travel to anyone, not even steady. when she would see him, she would be sure to tell him everything. but for now, she was with chaska.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska laughed along at his own joke. It seemed she had lost count as well, or was just stating the fact of how many times he needed her care. It was a good thing she had always been around to help them out. He had no idea what he would have done if she were not there. Like the first time they met, after he fell. If she were not there...But overall, he was glad.

Chaska noticed the falter in her smile, and almost told her not to worry. But she answered. It seemed like quite the distance to go, and just by her reaction to the question, Chaska just had a feeling that the trip wasn't all good.

And her question to him only expanded the feeling he had. "Sure. Anything you need." He was starting to feel worried for her now. What had happened after she had left?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: sweet lord, here we go ;-;

he offered his ears to listen to her and she couldn't be more thankful. krypton took a deep breath, preparing herself mentally for this moment. chaska would be the first wolf to know what happened; she wasn't sure if she was even ready to tell him. but she already asked him a favor, and she couldn't take back what she said. she sat down quietly, looking at her paws.

"when i left, i searched for my family for many days, as you and steady know. but... when i found them, i wasn't seen as a family member."  she took another deep breath, trying to solidify her shaky words.  "they attacked me, my own mother and father, they wanted me dead," she felt as if she couldn't go on, but knew she had to. her nails dug into the dirt as if she was using the ground as a stress-relieving ball. their words still floated in her head, "monster" and "sibling killer" and "disgrace".

her gaze never once lifted, she was too engrossed in memory. "i fled, barely escaping. but during that time.... the time i tried to heal my wounds, i realized something,"  she whispered, almost inaudibly. "my place is here, with everyone here, with my actual family,"  her ears airplaned, though her eyes lifted to look towards chaska. "but i also realized that i could never go back there and i was never missed after i left." oh boy, here come the waterworks. several tears dripped out of her tear ducts from her eyes as her face scrunched up and her shoulders shook. "they never wanted me back after what happened, they didn't want me anymore" she whimpered weakly, shutting her eyes.

"they saw me as a weak, spineless fool who was worth no more than the dirt they walked upon."
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska remained standing, and turned his ears forward to listen. Krypton spoke. And it was truly a sad tale. She had gone to look for her blood family, and had found, only to be turned on as if she were an enemy. Left alone at the beginning of winter, with only them to come back to. Her own blood had attacked her, forced her away. Treated her like the dirt beneath them.

As she finished, he shook his head. "You are nothing of the sort. When I see you, I see a wolf who cares for her family, blood or not. A wolf who heals and protects others. Whatever reason they had against you, they were wrong. And I may not know what that reason is, but I can tell you that you deserve better than that." He leaned forward to give a nudge of reassurance. "You should be treated as family. Nothing less than that." He never recalled when Krypton had told him about her family a long while ago.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
he did not laugh like she feared, he did not turn his back on her or sneer. he was quiet until she finished. krypton could feel the anticipation build within her chest and entire body. the anticipation of being laughed at after she spoke. but it never came to be heard. the buildup of anxiety soon left as chaska spoke.

his words reassured her, his words silenced her. his nudge made her feel something she hadn't felt in a long time.

loved.

Krypton felt herself lurch forward a bit, engulfing chaska in her wolfy hug of resting her head and neck near his, atop his shoulder blade. salty tears rolled off her face, though most were absorbed on her face, and landed on his fur. "thank you-" she whispered, her breathing hitched like a gasp for air. chaska was one of the wolves krypton bonded with quickly (After saving his sorry butt after he fell down the mountain). he was one of the closer wolves she connected with and found him to be one of the most trustworthy wolves she's met so far.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska smiled lightly at the reaction he earned. "It's the truth. Just remember that, okay?" he said back, accepting the wolfish hug. Her tears did not bother him at all. He did not laugh at her crying, just comforted her as a friend. "And I bet you if you asked Steady or Valette, or anyone else here who knows you like I do, they would say the same thing." He betted that they would. 

He waited till she was done to take a step back. "So, now that you told me something, I guess it's only fair I told you something...or rather ask advice on something." He felt fluttery just thinking about it, what had begun a few days ago.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc- phone post 

"You do not realize how much I love you all..." she whispered to him as if it was a secret.

her love for every member here would forever stay in her heart. They were her real family and accepted her for who she was. That's what family was to her, people who showed acceptance of others flaws and gave them love.

their embrace ended before another conversation picked up. Her ears twiddled at his words before she nodded her head. "You listened to me, I only see it fair that I listen to you" she said to him reassuringly.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"I think we might" he whispered back. The amount he guessed; a lot. His tail wagged a bit. They were family, so of course they all loved each other as a family. A family who was always there. Didn't even have to be by blood. And that he realised a long while ago.

She allowed him to speak, lending an ear to him. "Well, I met someone. Someone who likes me, and I like them. But I have no idea what to do...So, do you have any sort of advice?" he asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable talking about it. Although, he was a beginner in the relationship status of things.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"Smart one" she joked. But now was time to settle down and listen to Chaska. She watched him carefully, listening to each and every word. 

He he had met Someone and liked them? Well, krypton was no love expert, but she could probably lend some assistance. She was happy to know that Chaska was interested in someone, he deserved it.

"well, if they like you back, then what are you waiting for?" She asked him curiously. "Stuff like this should always be taken slow," she offered him, hoping that this piece of advice would assist him.

"if you want to be a couple with this wolf, then perhaps start building a strong relationship with them. Become close, good friends, and move on from there." it was always a good idea to be friends before becoming mates. Things like intimate relationships should never be rushed nor tampered with, nor winged. Love was delicate between two wolves or any creatures, it was what held them close to one another.

"a relationship should start out as a friendship. That way, you'll get to really know each other and become close!" She chirped to him with a smile, hoping this advice would help him.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He took in her advice and listened intently. The first was a given, he guessed. Slow, not something to just jump into. Her second part was good. Get to know them more before getting to the stronger things in a relationship. Get to know what they like, things like that. He could do that.

"That helps a lot. Thank you, Krypton." Just the friend he could count on. "You should meet her sometime. She's quite nice to talk to." It would also get Mira another friend, so he hoped. He wanted her to have another female to hang out with, and he thought that Krypton would be great for that. Even though he hadn't asked Mirabelle before hand.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"I'm glad i can help!"  she said to him with a wide smile. it felt good to be back with everyone, especially a good friend of hers. it was even better to know he had an interest in someone. she nodded her head at Chaska, thinking it would be a good time to go and meet her. It never hurt to go and see other members she had yet to meet. "what's her name, if you don't mind me asking?" she asked curiously. So far, Valette was the only female she's seen so far.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska played the name over in his mind after Krypton asked her question. "Mirabelle." Everytime he said or thought it, he could just picture her there. Her blue eyes was something that first attracted him to her. And her scent, after she had swept her tail in front of him after their first meeting. He was infatuated with her. He didn't even realise he was staring off into nothing as he thought about her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
he spoke her name with such wonderment and infatuation that krypton had to give chaska a second look over. perhaps he fell down another mountainside and hit his head again? she hadn't seen him act this way since the two first met each other. however, she couldn't help but feel happy for him. he deserved to be happy. however, the woman felt a bit of worriment develop in her heart. what if he went too deep into this relationship? what if he took it too seriously (if that was even possible)? whatever he felt, krypton decided to grab his attention one last time.

"I would tread lightly with this, Chaska,"  she warned him, hoping that her words would be taken seriously. "do not become blind from this relationship, stay aware." krypton had a feeling that he would do fine, though she was unaware that her words/fear of what will happen would (somewhat) happen. 

krypton felt a smile etch on her lips. he was happy, that's all the mattered.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
*facepalms for Chaska*

Chaska worried at her words. Tread lightly? It was only a relationship. That's what it was to him. Love. Nothing bad could come of it, as long as they stuck together. He too was unaware of what could happen in the future, blind to it. "I'll be aware" he said, although he had no idea what he was walking into. "I should get going...See you around?"
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: oh the sweet sweet drama that has sprouted from this, thank you for the thread! I'll go ahead and archive!

"Yeah, I'll see you around," she said with a nod of the head. Whatever he was walking into would hopefully not become dangerous or dramatic. However, Krypton could only have light ideas in her head, she did not want to cause any problems from jinxing the relationship. With that, she headed off to her den in the process, a gentle look in her eyes.