Golden Glade Changing Things Up for Once
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Private 
@Eden and @Sylvas Streiter about moving the pack and such......Backdated to yesterday :) {january 1, 2017}

She had come into her own here. Like a baby bird sprouting it's wings, she had become a leader and a family member here. She looked around the small clearing that had become her own, the large boulder at its heart which had become her own littl e oasis. Shalon had found comfort here, and the courage to make decisions she wouldn't normally consider. Her counselor's stones as she had favoured calling it. It was so different now without Aspen and Alder, she felt suddenly alone in that moment. Not sure what or where to go. This hadn't been her dream, the Court was a child for Aspen and Alder, and now she had adopted the mantel. She didn't know what the previous King and Queen and wished for this pack, and quite frankly she was only here because of a bond that had formed between herself and Aspen. Now she was utterly lost. 

Slowly she padded toward the boulder that sat in the middle of her space. Jumping atop the stone she thought of what she should do. Sitting down she looked to the stars, and the moon. Seeking guidance in her next moves, wishing that this burden hadn't befallen her. HER of all people. Where would she lead her pack now, who would give her the strength to move on. She hadn't a clue. For now she looked to the sky where her mother looked down on her, wishing that she would only speak to her ancestors.

The new persumptive Queen of the Court waited for her prayers to be answered.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Now that her children were becoming more independent, Eden found herself leaving their den more and more often. That evening, if by nothing more than chance, she sauntered out and came across the lonely Duchess Shalon. The woman was sitting atop a boulder with her head cocked toward the sky, so out of respect, Eden remained silent for a moment before speaking up. Shalon? she called, her voice soft, Is everything alright? You seem a little lonely up there. Eden chuckled a bit and casually sat back on her haunches, releasing a defeated sigh. It was hard work being a mother; if only someone had warned the young femme before she signed away her sleep.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
is it ok to post without Sylvas? I can always delete :)

Shalon slowly turned toward Eden, giving the woman a small smile, glad to see the her up and about. "Hello Eden, nice to see you up and about." There was a hint of sadness in her smile, although she tried to hide it. Laughing slightly as Eden continued with a question. Giving her own small sigh Shalon nodded, "I am fine." Turning away from the mother at her side Shalon looked to the sky once more. "Just a little lost I'm afraid." Perhaps the woman could relate, Shalon still didn't know her that well, but she found herself lacking in the friends department so she moved over a bit letting the other woman know that there was plenty of room if she wanted to join her up here. She smiled softly to herself upon realizing that this was were she first met Aspen as well. Her first sister. Perhaps this place could lend it's self to starting another friendship between Shalon and Eden.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden listened closely and watched as Shalon moved to the side, making room for her to take a seat. Eden sighed as she hopped up onto the boulder, but quickly regained her footing. A little lost? No matter how hard Shalon tried to hide her sadness, Eden could see it from a mile away. Whaddya mean? she asked with a hint of light-hearted humor behind her words. Hopefully, the two could take a moment and hash out the things on their minds. Lord knows they each had enough turmoil to share.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon was glad when Eden joined her on the rock, joining her in one of her favourite places within the entirety of the Court. Giving a genuine laugh at the light-hearted humor the other woman displayed, Shalon felt at ease with Eden. Making it easier to open up a little. "This pack was never my dream." She paused thinking about how terrible that sounded, "I mean I didn't start it, I helped found it. But I was never meant to rule it. Aspen and Alder are the King and Queen. And now with all the misery within their family I am left to pick up the pieces of this pack that I never really wanted." Giving a sigh, she sounded like a terrible person. "That makes me a terrible person doesn't it." She laughed to herself slightly, "I only became Duchess because of the faith I held for Alder and then Aspen. I stayed because they had very much become my family. And now they seem to be all but gone." Shaking her head, Shalon returned her silvery gaze to the stars once more. "I feel lost, only becuase I do not know where we are going. As a pack I mean. I had no thought of the future of the whole pack, that was not my job. My job was to make sure everything ran properly, and smoothly. Making sure that everyone was safe. And now I feel as though I am failing my job spectaculaly." 

She suddenly stopped her rant, looking over at Eden quickly. "I am so sorry." She mumbled, which surprised her. Shalonw as always a sure speaker, never stuttering or failing in her way to find the right words. But now she felt ashamed at having spilled her concerns on the back of her Dame. Clearing her throat she tried again, she must always keep her composure, that was something she had learned a long time ago. "I am sorry." She tried again, a little more force behind the words, "I did not mean to dump all of that on you. You too have a lot happening, with your pups and learning to be a mother. I sincerely apologize." 
Shalon's Pawprints 
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden listened carefully to the solemn admission. She understood each and every word, though in a light slightly different than that of Shalon. You don't have to apologize, she told her, I understand. Taking a deep breath, Eden looked away for a moment, but returned her gaze to explain what she meant, I was the heir to my birth pack. I left after we were attacked but I always swore I would avenge my mother. Now, even though I'm in a fantastic place with an amazing family to support me, I can't help but feel like I'm failing her; like she expected more of me. A soft sigh left her lips as she choked back her emotions. It wasn't often that she told the story of her mother -- an unpleasant woman with strict ways and a small heart -- but Shalon was bringing out something in Eden; something that she couldn't hide again.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
"My mother believed that everything happens for a reason, everything is the will of the stars and the moon." Shalon sighed, "Are you sure your mother would want to be avenged? Or know that you are safe, with her grandpups?" Silver eyes looked out over the clearing they were inhabiting. "If I ever have the blessing of being a mother, I would like to know the my children are safe. Even when we are apart. I would be proud if you were my daughter, I mean if you were younger or I older." She did chuckle to herself at that thought, seeing as Shalon and Eden were rather close in age.

"I don't think you are failing anyone Eden. I might not know you very well, but I know that you are a devoted mother and very good mate to Sylvas. I see a very bright future ahead of you." Giving Eden a wink, one star twinkled as she spoke almost as if it too was winking down at them both. "Now tell me Eden, what brings you out into this frigid evening air? Surely it wasn't to hear me mop all night."

I think now would be a good time to wait for @Sylvas Streiter?
Shalon's Pawprints 
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Since upon hearing the news of the King's betrayal and the sudden disappearance of the Queen, the mercenary had taken it upon himself to place extra patrols to the borders as well as inside the Inner Circle tunnels. Sylvas thought it to make sense to up the protection of the pack, especially since it seemed to be on the brink of ruin at that. Allowing a small growl of frustration to escape him, Sylvas pushed on and continued to jog through the tunnels, checking in on each wolf and pup that lived within these walls.

Finally, when he came to Eden's den, the mercenary poked his head around the corner quietly, his golden eyes thought, did not land upon his mate, instead he saw his pups alone, safely nestled together. 'Where's Eden?' He thought silently. A small frown furrowed across his brow as he decided to sniff the air, nostrils flaring as he caught whiff of Eden's scent, leaving the tunnels. Without hesitation, the brown and gray male followed his nose, quietly leaving his mate's den to gradually make his way toward the exit of the tunnel system.

Upon leaving the darkness of the tunnels, it didn't take the male long to find Eden. A small smile made its way across his maw as he observed two figures, perched high upon a boulder as he walked closer to the stone. Golden eyes gleamed in the moonlight as he noticed his mate was sat along the Duchess, Shalon. With a smile, his pink tongue licked at his muzzle, the mercenary allowing a small grunt to escape him as he cleared his throat, ”Evening.” He said with a smile, the brute gradually giving a small bow of his head to them both.
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden smiled upon hearing Shalon's kind words. Keeping my family's name; it's what I was raised for. There's nothing that would've made her happier. A sigh escaped her maw as she thought of the memories she had with her mother, both good and bad, but her reminiscing was cut short by Sylvas's intrusion on their one-on-one! Eden hopped down from atop the boulder and with mock scolding, she nipped gently as his ear. Hello there, she cooed, then looked back to Shalon, We were just having a little talk is all.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon smiled at the two as they greeted one another, happy to see their playful banter. She too rose and followed behind Eden. "Streiter." She greeted, with the slight dip of her head. "And a lovely chat it was." She took a quick glance at the stars before returning her silver gaze on the pair before her. "Thank you for sharing your evening with me Eden. It was a nice change of pace." Shalon took a few steps toward the den. "I think I'll retire for the night. Enjoy this nice evening while you can, their will be few mild nights like this one over the winter." Her parting words as she returned to her own home, deep within the mountain the Court called home.

last for me :)
Shalon's Pawprints