Totoka River the mountain falls for the sea
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Private 

Akantha ranged wide from her sisters today on yet another trek in search of anything, or anyone, useful. She shot north along the coast, skirting the shores where thousands of sea lions basked and the bulls roared their challenges to one another across the sands. The wisened Siren was not so keen on disturbing them and drawing any misplaced ire. Normally, alone, she posed little threat. But their blood was boiling, and their loins stirring. Her nose wrinkled at the thought of the great sea cows doing... anything like that, no matter how natural it was.

And so she found herself, instead, on the river delta that fanned out into small, shallow streams snaking their way across the sands towards the Sea. Her paws splayed wide upon the wet sands and her tail cricked in confidence. The lands here were familiar; to the north, surely, lie the Sound. She halted, lifted her nose, and stared out at the island a short distance off the coast. An idea sparked to life in her mind, igniting in her blood. Perhaps their failing had been, not the sound or the strength of their resolve, but the mainland itself. 

One ear switched back and she returned to searching. It was not her decision to make, nor was it Meteora's. The Sea would call them home, as it always did.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
May we know them Δ May we be them Δ May we raise them
25 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
YAY! thanks for starting :)

The tan speckled female hadn't really thought of the plan she had in mind. Following the russet female was not perhaps her brightest idea, but she hadn't been sure what else to do. Cathenna could still hardly believe that she had found others with her same believes at all. She simply couldn't believe it, and she thanked the sea every moment of everyday since arriving in the Wilds. She wanted to insure that they wouldn't simply disappear on her, Cathenna was terrified that this was all just a horrid dream to remind her of what she had lost and showed her what she truely dreamed of. She could only pray that this was a dream she would never awake from, she would rather sleep forever in the company of her sisters, than be aware and seperated from them.

She had once thought to try and hide her presence, but that was impossible out in the open. Even her skill at stealth and the stalking could not hid her presence without any cover to aide her attempt. No, she knew the woman had seen or would soon see the shadow that followed her. Cathenna watched the woman carefully with her tidel orbs, subconsiously taking on her stance and presence.
she needed a hero, so that's what she became 
Cathenna's Paw-prints
Hunter trade: I II III IV V/5
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Cathenna was right. It didn't take long at all for Akantha to turn and spot the woman shadowing her. Her hackles stood on end and her eyes dialated in anticipation for a short moment until her brain was able to supply that this was no stranger, but the Sister from earlier. They'd never formally met before their respective arrival in the Teekons, but the fact that the she-wolf spoke in the native tongue and remarked on the Nereides tradition with honest familiarity endeared her to Akantha. She knew of other settlements on the Coast and it was likely that the other she-wolf hailed from one of them.

The brutish she-wolf turned halfway-'round and offered Cathenna a wave of her tail, inviting the other to join her. Her entire demeanor had changed upon seeing the silver woman. It was not standoffish, but kindly and languid.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

May we know them Δ May we be them Δ May we raise them
25 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Dipping her head with a small smile, welcoming the acceptance of company. Cathenna picked up her pace, trotting to arrive along the female's side. "
Ζητώ συγγνώμη αν έχω διαταραχθεί."
The silver femme wasn't completely oblivious to believe that one always needed company, Cathenna herself often enjoyed being on her own. Except for this moment. She had been alone for so long, that she welcomed all company. She hoped that at least this woman could understand her predicament. 

"Είμαι Cathenna." She offered her name first, not expecting one in return but would welcome it none the less.  The ocean blue eyes took in the other woman's features, her deep brown fur and large frame.  "Δεν είχαμε την ευκαιρία να μιλήσει νωρίτερα."
she needed a hero, so that's what she became 
Cathenna's Paw-prints
Hunter trade: I II III IV V/5
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
"No," she dismissed with a smile as the silver woman fell in step beside her. Akantha reached out to nose the longer guard hairs on Cathenna's shoulder, taking comfort in the familiar scent of the salt and sea. "a sister is always welcome to walk beside me." There was a clear distinction in those words that defined the differences in her demeanor from earlier. The thorny exterior was all but receeded behind a more honest impression of kindness and warmth. Something only reserved for the eyes and ears of her fellow Nereides. 

Akantha shook her head as she padded down the beach at a slower conversational pace. Her tail trailed behind her, occasionally brushing against Cathenna's own in a manner of familiar affection. "Cathenna, of Themiscrya? I feel as if I've heard your name spoken of before, though I cannot place where." she commented, hopping up and over a large log of driftwood that had long been embedded in the sandy shores. "I am Akantha." the thorny she-wolf offered with a friendly smile. 

The pair continued down the beach, engrossed in pleasant conversation, until the day waned and time bade them return to the Siren's camp.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep