Golden Glade Running
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Joining 
Dated for January 15, 2017.

They had finally made it. Honey sighed as she sat down at the border, her legs splayed wide enough to reveal her teats to the brood. @Carnation, the youngest of the trio, had been carried alongside the weak body of her sister, @Aurora Artemis. @Cosmos was directed alongside them via chuffs and barks, though Honey had expected him to be able to walk given their recent developments. 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Giana's brood should be in the transitional stage, right? I had Honey carry Aurora because she was weaker, but I can figure something out for Cosmos if he's not walking yet.
As she thought about what she'd done, the risk she'd taken with leaving The Malkaria behind, Honey sighed and licked at her maw. The pups were probably cold and hungry, as their mother surely was, so she wasted no further time in calling for the leaders of her new home (@Shalon). God forbid they deny them access, for that would mean death, either at the hands of nature or the jaws of Asherah.
· republic of auros ·
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Her frozen ears perked at the howl on the wind, and she rose from her crouched position. Having been on the prowl for anything to fill their meager caches. Question filled the air around her, who was calling? Not one of her own, she could tell by the tone. The unwillingly new Queen trudged through the thick snow headed for the border from which the call had sounded. 

Shalon hadn't expected to find a mother with her youngsters especially ones so young. She watched them with her frigid gaze for a moment hidden among the trees. When she deemed the surrounding safe enough venturing toward the mother giving a warning yet neutral chuff to the woman. Her tail held high and ears forward, she looked more intimidating than she really perhaps meant to be. The silver and tanned regent looked them over with an obvious eye. "Hello." Shalon stated blankly. "How can we help you today?" Her voice was one of neutrality. The mother before her was no threat, at least not now. She wasn't trespassing for which Shalon was grateful, and this gratitude was met with neutrality and openmindedness. 

sorry crumby phone post while at a work conference ?
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Honey listened as the woman approached, and watched with shielded eyes as she greeted the small family. We... she mumbered breathily, for she had become quite famished in the past days, We are seeking refuge. It's just me and my children; we escaped from a hostile situation. Sure , she was stretching the truth a bit, but could a pack built on child sacrifice really be more than what she'd said? Honey took a deep breath and continued, We need a place to go, and I was hoping you could help us, a breath, Their father is your King. At least, Carnation's father was. I'm a hunter, and I would be glad to help throughout the winter; even longer, if you'd have me. Taking a moment to nose at the pups and contain them once again to her bosom, she continued, Please. Without shelter...without a home, we will die.
· republic of auros ·
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
SORRY I've been so busy recently!

Shalon looked that the pups with calculating eyes. What now? The unknowing Queen gave nothing away. Not the unsureness that was settling within her stomach or the despair she felt for wanting to help the woman before her. Although one thing that Shalon was sure of was her new and growing loathing for Alder, had she known how much of a whore the man had been Shalon would have avoided the pack altogether. First Heartha and now a woman he didn't even know. The new revelation took her be surprise, but she sighed non-the-less. "He is no longer our King." A small test the new royal bayed the woman. What would she do now?

"I am the new Queen of this territory." She took a step toward the mother, "Why should I let you into my pack? Have you any other reason other than the fact that your pups belonged to the previous alpha of this land." Shalon new she was a hunter, something they could greatly use at the moment, but she want to gauge this woman, see what she thought was valuable.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
65 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Honey instinctively lowered herself as the other stepped forward, lowering her ears so that they were flush to her skull and waving her tail in front of her to cover the pups. She was smart and intentional in everything she did, and knew what would need to be said and done to protect her family. She could no longer afford her childish cowardice as more than just her life was at stake. I can see this from your perspective; I haven't given you any reason admit my brood into your ranks in the dead of winter, nor will I try to create a fallacy in my favor, she paused and took a deep breath so as to halt the otherwise oncoming cracks in her voice, All I can do is give you my honest word; if you take us in, saving each of our lives, my loyalty will be to you and to your claim. The most trecherous of missions may be assigned to my name and I will do them without question. I am a hunter, yes, but if you need me to go beyond just prey in my endeavors, then I will do it. I can also serve you as a medic; my mother reared me in the way of a sitter, though I can be of whatever aide your pack may need. 

Honey looked into the Queen's eyes, a silent and yet genuine plea, before continuing. Even if you don't want me in your ranks, then I beg of you, save my children; I will do anything.
· republic of auros ·
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
*casually slides this in here* :o whoops kinda wrote a novel

The fiery coated girl had made it a habit of wandering towards the borders. It was quiet there and the feeling that anything could happen left a tingle along her spine. She often thought about her family while walking along the edges of the claim and wondered which direction they had gone. She missed them greatly and while she felt anger towards their betrayal, Rose couldn't help but crave for her father and mother's attention. She wished for them to show up out of the blue and yell at her to return home, but her wish was never granted. Pieces of her had gone with them and it had left the girl an incomplete puzzle, never to be finished until the lost pieces were found. 

Realizing that today was no different than any other and that no one was waiting for her, Rose was fully prepared to return to her den once again. That was until she heard the faint sound of voices in the distance. Curious as to who it could be, the girl rushed forward but came to a stop behind some shrubbery when she realized that it was Shalon and another she did not recognize. Fearful that she would be told to return to the inner territory, the princess hid herself in what cover she could find, but her bright pelt did not do well to hide her among the pale snow. However to her surprise, it appeared they did not notice.

She listened in on the last bits of their conversation, but it was difficult to fully understand what they were saying when Rose's heart was beating like a drum. And then it hit her...their father is your king. Lies, it had to be! Her father was not such an awful man that he would leave to sleep with other women would he? But if this was true, if those were her siblings then who was to say she didn't have more!? Unable to move due to the shock, the young girl simply sunk to the cold winter floor. How could he do such a thing? Did she even truly know the man she called her father?

She loved Bramble and Tulip, but not as strongly as she did Hawthorn. There was always a disconnection between them, something that kept them apart. She understood that her two half-siblings shared a different mother but that had never meant much to Rose. But she understood now exactly what that meant, and the young princess felt sadness and anger both at once. Her father was not fit to be a King nor was her mother fit to be a Queen. Anyone who abandoned their children and people were not worthy to hold such a title. "But I'm worthy" she mumbled to herself. 

Before she even realized what she was doing Rose had already revealed herself to the pair. She was small but the girl felt as if she towered above them both. "Everything that belonged to my father now belongs to me" she declared while staring down the children that were assumed her siblings. She spoke in such a tone that demanded attention, as if she was screaming for them to acknowledge her. The princess wished to be the one to decide if they were allowed access, after all she considered everything within the claim to be hers. She looked to Shalon then, her eyes questioning her...do you deny this? Would the current queen reject the rightful heir or would she accept what the girl had boldly stated? Whatever the decision, it would have a lasting impact on Rose.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
AHHH KARA!!!! lol

Shalon made an effort to hide her interests, the woman before had just offered her loyalty to her and the pack. Shalon knew they needed members, but she was still hesitant given their current cache predicament. She was happy with the woman's answer, and was about to say so as she backed off when a red pup jumped out of the bush with which she had been hiding behind. The Queen was rather amused, and she let it show for only a moment, that was until the princess professed her claim to the land. An interesting turn of events. Shalon couldn't doubt that this child had some claim as an heir to this land. However this was not her decision. This was the Regents decision.

"Rose!" Shalon snapped sharply, no anger in her voice she only searched for discipline. "That is enough." Her voice promising the penance that would welcome the girl if she tried once more to profess her claim infront of a stanger. Amongst there own packmates, Shalon probably would have laughed it off, as the others would know that Shalon was in charge until the children with a rightful claim on the territory could be decided upon to lead them. However infront of a knew prospect these childish thoughts could not be tolerated, lest the female believe the Queen to not actually be incharge. Shalon watched the girl with a sharp eye.

Turning silver eyes on the female Shalon nodded. "You may join us for the time being." They needed a hunter, "Your children will be raised by the pack, as is customary with our pack considering their.... lineage." Shalon looked at the pups near their mother, disdain in her gaze. "There is no end to the curse that has become of our late King." Shalon would have killed him herself had she known that his other brood would be joining them in the middle of winter. "Should who ever you are fleeing from arrive, I can only guarantee the saftey of your pups." Shalon hoped the woman understood her, as the Queen returned her gaze to Rose. Daring the child to speak against her.
Shalon's Pawprints