Stone Circle Ignorance is always afraid of change
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Chaska Set after BWP 3 1/2

It seemed they had made it through the hellish storm that passed, leaving behind it mounds of snow. Even for Steady's long legs, it was difficult to wade through it for patrols. The exertion made him abandon his work for now and head towards the trees. The snow hadn't fallen quite so hard, as the trees created some cover. However, the snow weighed them down, and several times, he listened as the weight of it broke branches from their trunks, and even on one occasion, brought down an entire tree. Winter was deadly in so many different aspects, not counting the lack of food. 

Chaska's had been on the Alpha's mind for some time now, and the only reason Steady hadn't approached him was because he feared the outcome. He wanted to ignore what happen, and his feelings of betrayal. If they talked, and Chaska questioned his motives, Steady would lose all respect for the other male, and have no trust that Chaska would back him up. How could they remain packmates without that? At least, if they didn't talk about it, then it sort of just wasn't real. At least, that's what Steady continued to tell himself as he waded through the trees.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska trudged through the snow, pushing forward. He had a foolish squirrel in his jaws, a wide smile on his face around it. He had caught it as a gift for Evelyn. he had no idea if gifts would be for this stage in their relationship, but nonetheless still had it. His tail was held slightly higher than straight, feeling happy about his catch. That's when he saw Steady coming the other way. 

He stopped short, still in a happy mood. All was forgotten about any mistrust he may have caused and dropped the squirrel into the snow. "Hey, Steady! The snow has gotten really thick, hasn't it?" He prided himself in being this happy, he usually wasn't. His heart felt warmer than ever, almost warm enough to melt snow, if that was even possible. "So, how is you on this day?"
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The object of his thoughts was suddenly there and Steady turned, ears perked as his gaze fell upon the squirrel. Instantly, he thought it might be for himself, or the pups. Who else would it be for? Maybe Chaska had brought it as a peace offering, a way of letting the past go, or maybe an apology. Steady felt he certainly deserved one. 

With those thoughts in mind, his own mood lifted. Hey, Chaska, I'm doing alright. What's that you got there? Well, it was obviously a squirrel. But, Steady was eager to let this rift go, and therefore tried to get Chaska to go ahead and say it was for him. That way, they could move on and things would be back to normal.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska glanced down at his gift for Evelyn, then back to Steady. His tail fell a bit down. He had no idea if Steady knew about him and Evelyn. "A squirrel. It's for...someone." He recalled his second meeting with her, when Steady was snapping at her. He still thought she only wanted to help, but also still saw reason in Steady's moves against her. 

"So, once I deliver this, anything you need from me?" He was rather bored, and if she wasn't in a mood for talking or anything like that, than at least he would have a tast given for him to complete.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His face visibly fell as the realization settled in, along with disappointment. The squirrel was not a peace offering, and it wasn't for him. Steady didn't want to guess who it was for. Maybe Krypton and her return. He couldn't think of anyone else worthy of the gift of a meal in these times when food was few and far between.

The positivity left his voice and he shook his head side to side. No, I don't need anything, he said. At least, if he did, he'd probably go to Grayday, his Gamma. Steady found he could count on the male to back him up, especially when it came to defending and protecting the pack, which was his number one priority. Figuring the conversation was over, Steady turned to go on his way.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska raised a brow at Steady. Something was up. Steady responded to his question, and it wasn't quite like the usual Steady he knew. "Steady, is something up?" He paused for a moment. Why was his alpha acting this way towards him. He was usually rather friendly toward him. "Is this about Evelyn?" he asked, standing still.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He hadn't expected the question, and the quick look of a surprised expression conveyed that. However, it was quickly replaced with a more serious look. Steady intended to answer honestly, since he considered himself an honest wolf and would not lie. What Evelyn did was wrong, and she got her punishment, he said. I am doing my best to trust her, but it does not come easily. His children were everything to him, but so were the adults of his family.

He sighed. I am finding it harder to accept that you have my back, were something like that to happen again, he admitted. You believed her instantly, despite all of our history, he added, his voice even. The anger over the situation had long since gone. It saddened the Alpha more than anything now.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's face fell, no longer happy. He hadn't been there, and now that he thought about it, he had jumped to conclusions. "I was not there. And now I see that I jumped to conclusions..." He paused. Evelyn was his mate now, but Steady was his friend. He didn't know whose side to take.

"But in my eyes, I only thought she was trying to help. I wanted to stop the fighting. I am sorry if anything I did hurt my trust between you and I." He had just wanted to stop anyone from being hurt. Even though he hadn't been there, he always thought about talking things over before fighting. And he once believed that to be a strength. Now, it was more of a weakness. "I suppose I should tell you now, but me and Evelyn. We're...in a relationship."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Well, it seemed they were both unhappy now. Chaska was right—he wasn't there. He had come in when things were already getting heated, and had instantly taken Evelyn's side of the situation. You say you just wanted it to stop, but you had no idea that she hadn't been out to hurt Keoni. She hadn't been here long, and to take my daughter from my den, without my permission, was damn near a death wish for Evelyn, he replied, passion lacing his words. She's lucky I didn't chase her from our home then and there. He had wanted to. 

You admit it, then, he said. You trusted her, even then. And not me. That had been what Steady feared most, and Chaska had just confirmed it. His surprise of the male's next statement was evident upon the Alpha's face. He was quiet a moment before he spoke. Congratulations, he replied, though his voice held no happiness. Chaska had chosen his side. Though, if he thought Steady would ever allow them to bare pups within this pack, he would be sorely mistaken.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Steady, I-" Chaska tried to reply, but he couldn't continue. His voice was caught back in his throat. Had he chosen her over him? He now saw what he had done. He could see it all now. He had broken the trust between them. He was in disbelief with himself, felt stupid. Steady no dobut felt betrayed by his friend. Were they even friends anymore? He had things to think about. 

And to Chaska's remark about the relationship he had, he could tell Steady was not happy about that. "I..I need to leave." He wished he could stay, talk things out. But already he could see that would be a foolish move. He grabbed the squirrel and started moving back on his path, past his alpha. his tail tucked between his legs.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He waited for the denial, for the argument Chaska would give in defense of his actions. He almost wanted to hear it, to hear something that would change his mind. But, nothing came. Instead, Chaska picked up his gift, most certainly meant for Evelyn, and departed the scene. 

Steady watched him go, not making a sound. He would have to think long and hard about the dynamics of the pack after this. Evelyn was not exactly fitting in very well, and now that she and Chaska were mated, it seemed the pair might be set apart from the rest of the family. At least in Steady's eyes.

Turning, he headed back the way he had came, and in the opposite direction of Chaska. He didn't want to be anywhere near the love birds.