Stone Circle there's no turning back now
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Private 

Evelyn was restless. She'd been trying to occupy herself with frequent scavenging and tracking, though it seemed that most of what was to be found had already been picked over. It was just busy work; a way for her to avoid the others. There were no words to be found which could properly convey the anger she had brewing within her, and so Evelyn figured it was best not to try at all. In a moment of true devastation and weakness, she longed for only one other; Chaska, her mate. A short call was released for him, but she dared not prolong her hymn as it could easily attract another.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska heard the call. And yet, he was hesitant. The meeting with Steady was on his mind. At first, he wanted to ignore it. Ignore that he had chosen someone else lover his alpha, his friend. But then again, he was in love. He fell for someone, something he thought only happened once in life. A chance he thought he'd never get again. So he got up and moved to meet her.

Once he found her, he kept his expression neutral. What would he say to her? That Steady was most probably against them being together? Would that be the absolute truth? Instead he went with a simple greeting. "Evelyn, hello."
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Chaska made a simple greeting, for which Evelyn was glad; she was still warming up to the idea of a long-term relationship, and luckily, he wasn't making it too difficult. She hesitated in going to nuzzle him, but eventually made her way nearer and hid her head under his chin. Can we talk? Yes, the two had many things to talk about. For one, it was obvious that Evelyn and Steady wouldn't be getting along anytime soon. First, he attacked her, and then he murdered her mother (whatever the motivation was, Evelyn still despised him for it). And Evelyn being the woman she was, she refused to stay anywhere she wasn't wanted. That being said, she was taking quite a liking to Chaska and didn't want to leave him. Should he wish to stay, she would consider toughing it out until winter. Yes, consider it.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska took the nuzzle as a surprise, but then took a liking to it. He nodded to her question. They needed to discuss things. "Evelyn, I...How about you go first." He wasn't sure how he would bring up his inner conflict to her without it sounding like anything bad toward her. He didn't blame her, but he didn't blame Steady either. And yet someone was certainly to blame. And with Steady not very much liking Evelyn, there were options they needed to consider. One that he was hopeful for was making it up to Steady in some way. Something that would be very hard.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Well... she began with an uncharcteristic loss of words, I don't know how to put it, Chaksa. Evelyn took a step back and gave him a firm look, her brow furrowed with intense concern and calculation. I don't feel safe here. I know that this is your home and I would never force you away, but I don't know if I can stay. She paused for a moment to see how he was recieving the information, then quickly picked back up, The first attack, I understand. But Chaska...Steady did something unforgiveable. As had Grayday, though he didn't have much relevancy in her grand scheme of things. He...my mother, he killed her. He didn't even apologize. There were no tears to be had for the young woman, as feelings didn't come easy for her. Still, the strain in her voice was clear. I think I have to go, Chaska.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska plainly understood how she didn't feel safe, and yet it aslo confused him. Steady had changed so much. The first attack had shaken her. But then she kept talking, and the shock grew on his face by the second. Her mother..he didn't even know she had a mother. And Steady had...No, there must have been a reason. He wouldn't jump right into it, not this time. Before he was quick to judge. Steady had a reason. He had to have had a reason. 

And yet, her next sentence caused conflict against this. If he took a chance to question Steady, it could go bad. Or he could see reason. But Evelyn could be gone by then. He could also go with her, be with her for the rest of his life, but Steady would never forgive him. And there was also Grayday, Krypton, Valette and the pups. Would they take his side if he tried to talk with Steady? He shook his head, trying to clear away the shock and come up with an answer. But unlike most times, he had none. 

"I..." What could he do? Stay, or leave? He had no answer.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Evelyn understood his flustered attempt to respond and the shock that he must've held. She bit at her cheek and flicked her tongue out to lick her snout as she debated going back over to him, but ultimately chose to keep her distance. She sat back on her haunches and gave a solemn look of understanding, knowing that she was implying a lot. You don't have to come with me, she told him, I know that this is where you belong. I understand that, and I still lo — care for you, regardless. Apparently, she wasn't quite ready for the L-word, but that was an issue for another time. I want you to go where you will prosper, and if that's back to your den just next door to the rest of the pack, then so be it.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The male wolf almost shed a tear as he made up his mind. He dicided after she finished speaking. Steady no longer trusted him. And if he didn't, soon the others wouldn't, and it was only a matter of time. "I'm not trusted by Steady anymore...I will come." Despite the sadness in his voice, his pained heart made up it's mind. But before he left, he wanted to say goodbye to the closest friend he had here. "But first, I want to say goodbye to someone." He wanted to say goodbye to Krypton and Grayday.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Evelyn could feel the breath leaving her body as Chaska confirmed he would follow. Where they were going, neither knew. How they would get there, God only knows. But they would be together, and that's what mattered. She took in a deep inhale and felt her body quiver with emotion as she walked forward and nuzzled her mate once again. Evelyn, though happy she wouldn't have to travel alone, was more so engorged in the love that Chaska gave her. He was willing to leave everything behind for what they had, and Evelyn couldn't ask him for anything more.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska lifted his head to call for them, @Krypton and @Grayday. He did not say the reason behind the call, just that he needed to speak to them. He was hesitant on calling @Steady, but then thought that he would get curious and come anyway. Plus, Chaska wasn't sure if he was ready to see Steady again. Only time would give him that answer as he stood and waited, still a bit teary eyed.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was surprised to hear the call, both that it was at all, and that it didn't include him, but the rest of the adults in the pack. Ears flicked back in irritation as he made his way in Chaska's direction. He may not have been called, but as Alpha, he felt it was in his right to be present when the pack was involved. 

He approached, tail and head high. He was not playing today. His trust in Chaska has been altered and damn near severed. The fact that Chaksa left him out of the call just made it worse. What's going on? he asked, expecting an answer.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
NOTE: Evelyn has moved out of sight (before Steady arrived) and probs won't make another post unless she's called on.

The anger in Steady's voice was immediately detected by Evelyn's perceptive ears. She waited patiently to hear Chaska's reply, to see if he could hold his ground. She was hidden, less for fear, but more so to ease the load that Steady would lay onto Chaska had she been present. It was better for him to say goodbye, yes, but she would've rather left when they had the chance.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She heard his call, no other words hung in his song of calling. Whatever it was sounded grave. Normally, wolves would tell a reason to call, but for it to have no other words made her a bit curious and worried.

she heeded the call, trotting towards his location to see him wth teary eyes, along with what looks to be a questioning Steady. She smelt the scent of another but knew she wasn't at the scene for now. That was not her focus though.

she walked up to the two, wondering what was going on. "Everything all right, Chaska?" She asked, tossing him and Steady a worried look.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska took a step back, his tail hanging far low. Steady had come first, and Evelyn had hidden before he arrived. He understood why, and wouldn't call on her till he desperately needed her. But he had a feeling that if she did come out, Steady would be very, very unhappy. Krypton came soon after.

"Krypton," he gave Steady a glance. "Steady..." He took a breath. This was getting harder the closer it got to saying it. "You both have been good to me. All of you have." He turned directly to Steady. "Steady, I am sorry for what I did. I meant no harm by my actions." Then he turned to Krypton. A tear dropped down to the ground. "Krypton. You were a good freind, and good comapny to have around. Both of you, please give everyone my regards...Because I'm leaving." He tried to keep his face straight as he said that, his eyes still watery. He was going to miss everyone one of them.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady could smell Evelyn and it was evident she was nearby. He wasn't surprised she would rather hide in the bushes than face him. And he would allow her. 

Chaska apologized, and Steady visibly relaxed. His brother obviously felt bad for what happened, but Chaska was saying sorry now and it was all Steady needed to hear. For him, it was nothing that time couldn't heal. His tail even began to wag, until Chaska continued talking. 

And then things got worse. Steady growled. I can't believe you would do this, Chaska, and I don't believe it is you. I think it's her. But you don't even respect me enough to ask me my side of it. You have been loyal to her, and only her, since she arrived here, he replied, anger in his voice. So, if you want to blindly follow that coward, then I won't stop you, he added. A brief pause and he solidified the severed brotherhood by ordering him, Get out. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton carefully listened to him speak, her curiosity shrunk as did her worriment. Chaska had declared that he would leave the hollow, though she did not know it was for Evelyn. Had she known, Krypton would have felt awestruck by his choice to leave his family for her. She had arrived at Silvertip as a shaking coward, but grew with her family and turned into a confident and kind woman, mature in every way. She especially grew close to Chaska, seeing him as a very loyal and good friend of hers. And now... he was leaving on short notice? She frowned deeply, looking at him with saddened eyes. "You're leaving us after everything we have been through together?" she asked quietly as if she was a child whispering in fear. The large female let out a soft, saddened whine, but it ended quickly as she heard Steady speak.

The anger was tangible in her voice, she choked on the heavy atmosphere. The woman stayed quiet, knowing that her words were no use. She looked to him, wanting to say something, but knew very well that he was in no mood to reason with. She rarely saw him angry, but she knew very well that anger did not mix well with him. Krypton paid close attention to his words, her ears pricking up at every letter. Was he leaving for someone? She listened harder and harder until finally, the image came to her head. It was the female that he asked advice on. Krypton could feel guilt well up in her heart but said nothing about it. She looked towards Chaska with a hurt expression. "You're leaving us for a lover? We've been together since we were at Silvertip, and now you're leaving us for a woman?" She questioned him, feeling the tears that ran down her face dry up. She turned her head away from him, feeling somewhat angry. She let it go.

"If that is what you wish, fly free then. Be safe, treat her well." She said to him, a serious tone lacing her voice. If this is what he wanted, he could have it. There was no point in beating a dead horse, Chaska was too far into this to want to leave. Whatever happened with Steady and Chaska's mate must've been the root for this drama. However, Krypton could have no say in it. She returned to silence, watching him as she stood next to Steady, not uttering a word to him.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska could feel the strain on his heart when he heard Steady's anger. His apology did nothing to soothe the alpha male. And seeing Krypton cry only made his heart hurt more. he felt like crying more, but kept his face as neutral as possible. But inside, the words exchanged were enough to break him. Now all he had was Evelyn to keep him company, to comfort him as he had comforted her. He felt that he should give them both a nudge, to try and salvage a good farewell, but decided against it. 

Steady's last words to him were absolutely clear. He slowly turned away, daring to look back over his shoulder. They had been so good to him. He just couldn't see how badly he had emotionally wounded them through his own feelings. There was nothing more to be said.  Nothing more that could be said. He started on his way, gesturing for the hidden Evelyn to follow. And as soon as she did, he ran as fast as he could, never looking back on the good life he had lived. In the back of his mind, he wished things had gone differently, even though he knew that it could never have been. Now, his debt to Silvertip, to Fitz and everyone else was over, and he journeyed onward to a new life.