Sunbeam Lair The weather outside is frightful
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
All Welcome 
@Hisaya @Hadraniel @Shiori @Airi I was hoping that Ava could have some bonding or chatting with some of you all? She's been all mopey and crazy because of the original Judas incident, so maybe y'all could cheer her up?

Avannon was for once hidden inside the lair, away from the fresh air that came from above. It was absolutely freezing outside of the lair and even she couldn't deal with the feeling that her tail would fall off. Heaving a bored sigh she stood up, eyes already adjusted to the darkness that came from the holes in the lair's roof being covered with snow. She stretched her stiff limbs and chuffed softly, the small sound being one that would welcome company.

Hopefully somebody would show up but she couldn't exactly blame anyone if they didn't. She hadn't been exactly the most friendly or social sort, mostly moping around and waiting for Jolon to return. Concern for his whereabouts plagued her, certainly he would have returned by now if he was alright? Judas had showed up here of all places, shouldn't they send someone to bring Jolon home? A small keening whine left her maw but she attempted to hide it from any possible ears by coughing awkwardly. smooth...
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The weather wasn't letting up and Hadraniel had found it best to remain within the lair for the majority of his time. He would search the nearby territories and continue to mark the claim, but his efforts were often left in vain. At least he didn't need to worry about food for the time being, although he had to admit eating meaty popsicles over and over again wasn't very appealing. Perhaps he'd try to make a fresh kill sometime soon, even if it was something as simple as a squirrel. 

However for the time he was content with what was provided and would rather save his energy for more crucial tasks. Busy tearing a chunk of meat off a victim of the freezing weather, Hadraniel almost missed spotting the pale female completely. He had just barely caught a glimpse of her from the corner of his eye, but once he saw her he made sure stop and make sure she was alright. "You ok?" he asked due to her coughing and looked her over with concerned eyes. The last thing they needed was for someone to fall sick at a time like this.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She welcomed the new darkness. A small part in her head, the part that was connected to Zennyo, told her that this was a common occurrence. The structure of the Lair meant that darkness in winter was most likely to happen, the snow covering over the holes at the roof. She adjusted quickly, striding through the Lair with no diminished pride.

The others scrambled through the dark, blind. She heard one of them whining pitifully. Airi stalked towards the sound, seeing two wolves in the dark, but focused on the one who whined. She half recognized the Commoner. Stop crying. The dark never hurt anyone,
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Turning her gaze to Hadraniel as he spoke she offered him a awkward smile "just a tickle. The cold air sometimes irritates my throat" she offered as an excuse. Suddenly the scolding voice of a young girl spoke up telling her to quit crying and she snorted, a feeling of irritation coming over her. taking a breath she looked at Airi and spoke honestly "I welcome the darkness, it is not why I cry"  she said with a slightly dark tone. Clearing her throat she looked at them both and offered a smile of fake bravado not wanting to show her horrid mood in front of Asterr's already grumpy hatching. 

"If you don't mind my requesting, would you both stay? I would like some company. I could offer a story that my mother told me about the reason the seasons change." she asked hopefully allowing her loneliness to get the better of her in the situation. She expected the young obsidian girl to scoff at her request, and therefore waited With a bit of anxiety.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He had not been expecting the sudden unexpected company of the young girl, but her presence was not unwanted. Her comments though did catch him a bit off guard, but in all honesty almost made him laugh. She knew how to make quite the entrance didn't she? The pale female returned the comment with one of her own, another statement that could make him laugh but for a completely different reason. Those who welcomed the darkness were often blind, and Hadraniel had no interest in those who couldn't even see what lied before them.

As for the request, he wasn't really interested in why the seasons changed but "I've got nothing better to do." He looked down at the inky girl then, interested to hear what her answer would be.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She was not impressed by the woman's attempts at gallantry. Nor was she intimidated by the dark tone. This woman was nothing. The man was nothing. She was the vessel of the spirit of this Lair, higher, even, than her mother, at least here. 

She scoffed at the woman's story. That's boring, She yawned to emphasize her point. Tell me a story of a battle.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
"Of battle?" she asked incredulously a slightly impressed tone in her voice. After a moments hesitation she nodded her agreement "Alright. This is a true story." she said. She would tell of her unintentional betrayal of her home pack, and how it resulted in the death of those she cared for.

"Not too long ago in a land a great journey away there lived a small pack. Though they had only seven members in total they were left alone, for everyone knew that they were fierce warriors. The alpha pair had three children that they loved dearly although one was not their own child. The middle child was a intelligent girl with a passion for nature and helping others, and she grew into a woman that was admired and desired by many. One day she was out when she met what seemed like a lone male, and she tried to frighten him away with her sharp fangs."

While telling the story she got a glazed look in her eye, the memories bringing many strong emotions. She took a slow breath so that her voice wouldn't crack during the story.

"He took her display with silence and when she finished he lowered himself into a submissive posture. "I am Darius Forbjorn. I seek shelter and a place to rest my head. Surely such a beauty as yourself couldn't be so cruel as to turn me away." the girl balked at this display of submission, but caught the flash of cunning that showed in his eyes. She couldn't help but be flattered by his compliment she was so young and had never payed attention to men. " I cannot let you join my pack, but let me show you a place not too far away." she said and nudged him to his paws. She led him to a cave not far from the territory but enough distance away to keep him hidden."

"Once there she led him inside and sat down "I will help you hunt, but if I see you near my borders you will be met with hostility" she dipped her head to him and turned to leave. Suddenly she felt a paw on her rear "please don't go yet. I've been so lonely" the words brought out her sympathy and she turned around. That was the beginning of their friendship and eventual courting."

Now about to hit the toughest part of her story she gave a shaky exhale and cleared her throat to continue "about a year in the future she was deeply in love, so in love that she trusted him with everything. She told of her pack and the land, of how her parents were the alphas. She never saw anything other than love in him, and never grew suspicious of his intentions. When back at camp on a day so cloudy that there was barely any light, a bowl summoned them to war. Someone wanted to challenge them for their land."

"The pack erupted into chaos, everyone forming a line and charging to the borders with snarls and growls. The girl was in the battle charge, but her mind was somewhere else. She wanted to see Darius once more in case she died.snapping back to the moment at hand she stood beside her parents and siblings, and stared at the opposing wolves. What she didn't expect was for Darius to be front and center of the crowd. "What..are you doing?" she breathed out in complete disbelief and horror. He couldn't be doing what she thought he was, it wasn't possible. "You are a fool my dear. Trusting a stranger with such important information. Now I will take your home from you and make you my slave" the woman felt broken. Like her heart had shattered into thousands of tiny shards that pierced her insides. She lifted her muzzle defiantly and let loose a shrieking cry, accepting the battle and commanding her pack to fight."

Avannon eyes watered but she forced them dry, blinking a couple of times to clear them. Looking at both hadraniel and Airi she continued her story her tone taking on a seriousness that she hardly ever used. 

"Her parents ran forward first, taking down the two wolves by Darius's side and fighting with them. Her siblings went for the back row, and with an enraged about the woman went for Darius. He snapped her jaws into her face but she returned it, there jaws crashing together painfully as they fought for the first injury. She managed to swipe his forelegs from beneath him, and shoved him to the ground her claws scratching at the mouth that had uttered such sweet lies to her. She felt nothing as her claws tore into his lips and gumbs, felt nothing as she bit at his eyes and nose. She had caused several bloody injuries when she was knocked off of him, a fiery pain shooting through her as fangs sank into her scruff. She was pinned down and almost had her throat torn when she heard Darius speak "leave her. Male her watch as her family dies." his tone held none of the flirtatiousness or warmth she had grown to love. The screams and yelps of her family and Darius's own wolves filled her mind, it seemed to go on forever."

Avannon closed her eyes and gritted her teeth "finally it ended with only her and her siblings alive. She was let up and given a choice by Darius "I no longer want anything to do with you. If you stay I force your siblings to be my slaves, if you choose to go I'll let them leave with no further injuries as long as they don't return." the choice made no sense to her. Did he think she would want to stay after all this slaughter? She shook her head uttering a high pitched chuckle " I'm leaving. You can have the land." she said emotionless and turned to her siblings "let's go". She said and began to walk away. They followed but decided to part ways only days after, leaving the woman to herself."

Avannon finished the story as casually as possible and looked at Audi "I'm sure that wasn't as violent as you wished, but that is all I have." she said and waited for a comment on the story that was her own history. Avannon herself was that woman, the fool who trusted a rouge without gaining any information on him first. The imbecile who caused her family's death.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
It didn't take long for Hadraniel to figure out that the story was about the pale female herself. The emotion shown on her face was simply to strong for someone who had never gone through the experience. And yet while he knew that the victim of the tragedy stood before him, Hadraniel felt little sympathy for her. "She deserved it" he said while glancing towards Avannon. "Anyone who is foolish enough to choose the trust of a stranger over their family deserves the same punishment as that female." And that was his honest opinion on the matter. 

He had never felt love for anyone other than his siblings and cousins, so the man couldn't relate to being betrayed by a significant other. He tended to keep his emotions in check and did his best to keep those he cherished to a minimum. After all he thought of love as the greatest weakness there was and so he had never grown to care about anyone other than those that had cared for him.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She was at first enraptured by the story, but soon she found herself in disgust. Of the characters, their actions, everything. Why would she fall in love with someone who gave up? She splurted out mid-story, not caring if her question was answered or not. The fact that she let a submissive wolf — a loner, mind you — just waltz into their land and give up everything was idiotic. No wonder Darius targeted her. Speaking of Darius...

He should have just killed her right after her parents died! Then there wouldn't be anyone else to come back and fight him! She was in disbelief in how weak he was in the end. Maybe it was some lingering affection or something stupid like that. She never would succumb to any kind of love.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon knew that hadraniel had figured it out and sat emotionlessly through his comments. After a few silent moments she nodded "yes she did. And she learned her lesson." a flash of something unintelligible went through her eyes as if asking him to challenge that statement.

Next she got harsh words from Airi and sighed "who knows, they were both foolish. Sometimes battles don't get carried out intelligently, but as a spur of the moment." she said shrugging. She wanted no more talk of this. Instead she had a way to finally get to Airi "would you like to know some battle moves?" she offered the small girl.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He let out a humpf at the girl's comments, and had to admit she seemed smarter than she looked. No matter how he looked at it, the blame fell on the shoulders of Avannon and as a result of her choices she lost what was dear to her. Yet another example as to why he didn't hold many close to his heart. If there was nothing important to him than there was nothing to lose, simple as that.

"Did she?" He asked in return to her saying she learned her lesson. He had to wonder if she'd make the same mistake twice, and if she did he wouldn't be one to forgive so easily. He glanced down at the inky girl to see if she'd accept the offer of being taught battle moves, curious and interested in learning what she enjoyed.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Airi glanced at the male, having all but ignored him as the story went on. He made good points as well, so sharp that they hurt the speaker, the protagonist. She smirked to see Avannon squirm under Hadraniel's and her words.

She was ready to turn tail and leave, but she was kept by another promise. Battle? Airi's eyes lit up. Yes! She jumped in the air, a cold gleam in her eye. They'd better be good,
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
A cold glare was sent his way and she nodded "yes. She did." no matter what he thought of her, she trusted nobody outside of the borders much less inside. Sure she was open with everyone, but she knew what information to keep hidden. Unsure of hadraniel's reasons for seemingly hating her she moved away from him to stand in from of Airi, pleased to have the girl's attention for once.

"They are meant for children, so that they can defend themselves and their pack if absolutely necessary." she said in response. Standing directly in front of the hatchling and began the lesson "if you come to battle at your age you will be facing adults, who have strength and size over you. You need to use your speed and size against them. Say I come at you and try to swipe you with a paw or a bite you duck under me and when under my neck, rear up on your hind paws and go for the throat. Lets try it, no actual injuries."  she explained and without hesitation, raised a forepaw aiming to strike at her shoulder.

To hit Airi's shoulder meant she had to lift her leg high enough for the small girl to slip underneath. Once Airi was under her neck and attached, Ava wouldn't be able to duck her head away without causing her neck  to stretch taught allowing for a better grip on the fatal part of her neck.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Hadraniel didn't hate her as much as he did disagree with her. Just about everything that came out of her mouth he wanted to throw right back in. He didn't want to cause any problems but at the same time thought it fair to share his opinion. It wasn't his fault he was born with a bad attitude, and he certainly couldn't help that she disagreed with him. But oh well, he wasn't about to go out of his way to mend an already distrustful relationship and was ok living with the fact that she didn't like him.

As for the battle moves, he was judgmental but didn't say anything against them. He decided not to spoil the girl's fun but thought it pointless that she would train to go against an adult. After all a child was a child and an adult was an adult and no matter how much training the hatchlings poured in she simply wouldn't be an equal competitor against a fully grown wolf. He bit his tongue as he held in the venomous words that swirled in his mind, and turned to consider leaving since there wasn't anything that interested him anymore.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Airi smiled, the prospect of fighting taking over her brain. The possessive, furious dragon-part of her flared to life, barely absorbing most of what Avannon said. Duck underneath the larger wolf, use your size to your advantage, blahblahblah. All this was obvious. She wanted a real fight; something that these larger wolves could not truly give her. 

As Avannon's paw raised, Airi ignored Avannon's instructions and fought her own way. She knew she had to dodge, to slip and slide underneath the larger wolf. The Draconid dodged to the side, now facing the shoulder of Avannon's other front paw; the one that stayed to the ground. With a push of her hind legs the vessel slammed into her shoulder, attempting to tip the woman over.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon was pleased as Airi avoided the shove of her paw and went for the shoulder instead. The move was surprising but did nothing really to move her except a slight jolt of her body. Avannon turned to face Airi and shook her head "With your size you would not be able to move me from the shoulder. You had a good idea though, next time try for the leg. Kick me or your opponent in the front of the knee where the leg bends wth all your strength, and if you do it right they will collapse"  She instructed. It seemed that Airi definitely had the drive for fighting, and some instinct as well.

Wondering what would happen if she allowed the child to fight on her own, she flicked her ears "I want you to show me everything you have Airi, pretend i am a wolf threatening your pack and you are the alpha who has to protect her land and fight beside her pack." she said. of course she would never hurt the child but she wanted to know what a couple of nips and light taps would do.

In a quick movement she crouched down and used her muzzle to go to swipe Airi's legs from underneath her, jaws also parted slightly to deliver a quick but gentle nip to the girl's chest or shoulder.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
last post from me

He watched for a few more seconds as the pair began their training, but seeing that he was probably not needed or wanted, Hadraniel left soon after. Fighting had never been of interest to him. He found it unnecessary to squabble over childish things, and unless his survival depended on it he wouldn't so easily fling his life away like many others did. He might have seemed like a coward but at the end of the day the coward was the one to survive.

He returned to finish tearing a chunk of meat away from the carcass he had found earlier but once he secured his meal, the sandy male quickly left the duo to practice alone. He had better things to do than watch them play-fight.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
The male left, but he was nothing in the young vessel's mind. Instead, her senses were locked firmly on the woman's movements. Her first attack had failed, and Airi plummeted to the ground, her fur caking with dust and snow. The girl snarled at her own fault, though for a moment it felt as if Zennyo had taken the wheel, reprimanding her for her own fault. She regained control, eyeing the woman as another attack ensued. 

This time the woman aimed for her chest, a small target. Airi quickly dodged to the side, and lunged forward to the opposite leg, kicking back with her hind paws to send herself forward and into the joint, intent on grasping firmly with little restraint.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Avannon missed as Airi moved away with grace, once again impressing Ava. Before she could follow with her jaws, the girl lunged forward and attached herself to Ava's joint. The needle fangs of the small girl didt pierce very deep, but in a sensitive spot it burned like fire. She crumpled forward and rolled, aiming to drag the girl with her and flip her over. If it worked ava would pin Airi beneath her, and then instruct the child on how she could have avoided it as she could she no way the hatchling could escape a pin by an adult wolf.

It was then she noticed Hadraniel had left, and she inwardly felt an immense sense of not giving a single fuck. She didn't care a single bit about the sandy furred man, and was happy he was no longer present with his negative attitude.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Wrapping this up since @Avannon is dead

Airi digs her fangs deep into the woman's joint, but she is quick to retract herself as she felt the woman move, seeing her intent to roll onto her. Airi scrabbles away as quickly as she could, feeling her tail be crushed for a moment before she jumps away. Baka! You could have crushed me! She snarls, now pent up with this woman. With a snort, the girl turns away, no longer interested in sparring with this commoner.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
With a snort of laughter she rolled her eyes "I would never have done such a thing. Do i look stupid to you?" she asked in an annoyed fashion. She secretely hoped that Asterr would hurry up and discipline this troubled child, for even as an adult her nerves were being frayed.

"On second thought don't answer that. In a fight you are at risk of Dying at all times. I am not your enemy, so i would not have crushed you. We are done here." she said coldly and left the area. At the moment she could care less if the child would become lost,surely someone else would assist the brat.

I LOVE @Airi! <3 It was a pleasure to Roleplay with you,I wish you well.Who knows maybe someday Airi and Sunny could meet up? Archiving