Duskfire Glacier Lost and Alone
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Sorrel returns! @Eden I can't seem to tag Kieran :/

Sorrel's aching body shivered as her young, tiny paws trudged through the thick snow, her limbs gradually becoming numb over time from the bitter cold that wrapped around her, but regardless of this, the little girl pressed onward through the unforgiving weather. The young pup could feel the cold biting at her ears and nose, a soft whimper escaping her dry mouth as she gazed around at her surroundings. She was lost and alone. And at realizing this, another cry passed her maw as the girl moved forward, though with one tired step the pup stumbled over due to sheer exhaustion, quickly slumping into the freezing snow. And there, Sorrel cried softly, for she greatly missed her family.

As blue eyes peered through falling tears, Sorrel tried to see around the terrain, her small leathery nose twitching as she caught the familiar scent of her mother in the air, along with the aroma of the rest of her family and pack. With this the girl attempted to let out a miserable howl, hoping that wherever her family were, they'd hear it and find her.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Don't worry, I found it!

Kieran trudged through the snow, incredibly miserable, especially after his talk with Eden. His mother had said he would see Sorrel soon, but how long was soon? That could be like.... another week! The boy did not want to wait that long. No, he wanted to see Sorrel!

So, he crunched his paws into the snow and made a feeble attempt to try and walk across it. It didn't work. Up on the glacier, there was even more snow and ice that Kieran struggled greatly trying to cross. "Sooooorrreeeeelll," he called, willing her to come. The pup had no clue where she was and he didn't want to play with the other pups. He wanted to play with her. Then, out of nowhere, he heard a faint call. It sounded like.... Sorrel. With a cry in response, Kieran dragged himself through the snow for what seemed like hours, though it was no way near that, until he found her. "Sorrel!" he exclaimed, licking her head almost instantly. "Where'd ya go, Sorrrrel?" He had no idea how cold she must be, so he just nuzzled her side and let out a little pup-howl, willing his parents to come. He'd found her! He'd found Sorrel!
English * French
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Addie! Eden called as she marched through the territory in a search for her son, Where are you, Kieran? She could hear the first faint howl, and instincts immediately kicked in, as she feared that her son might be in danger. Her long, lithe legs kicked up snow behind her as she tracked down her boy's position, though with the sound of another small howl, her pace only quickened. To say that she was shocked to have seen both of her children together, lying in the freezing cold, would be an understatement. She was not only ridden with joy, but with a strong anger toward them both. Up! she commanded, knowing that if they knew anything in her mother tongue, her livid commands were it. 

She walked to her daughter first, nosing at her side and sniffing her for any signs of sickness. Once Eden's short-lived moment of compassion was over, she tore Sorrel up from the ground and began taking heated steps back to the caverns. Once they'd arrived, Kieran assumingly in tow, she put the young heiress down on the highest ledge held within the large space and began ranting about her motherly discontent. Where have you been? Why didn't you call for anyone, Sorrel? Don't you know what could have happened out there? You are to remain within these walls or so help me gods. There was a sharp expression on Eden's face, showing the small girl that she meant business. She lifted herself from her seated position and grabbed a slab of meat from the near empty caches; Sorrel would need to eat.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
131 Posts
Ooc —
Exhausted and almost completely numbed by the cold, Sorrel found herself fighting to try and keep her eyes open. A soft grunt escaped her little muzzle as she forced her eyes open for the second time, the girl's small light brown ears flicked weakly a top her head as she caught the sound of her brother's voice in the distance, calling for her. The young girl blinked, vision hazed as she tried to look around, gradually her muzzle parted as she attempted to call out to her brother, ”I..I'm...h..here.” She squeaked, her throat and mouth dry as she tried to get her brother's attention, but thankfully Kieran managed to find her through the continuous fall of ice and snow.

A warm sensation struck her head and the girl twitched within the blanket of snow, blue eyes slowly opening to look upon her brother's face, ”Kieeran?” Sorrel questioned weakly, her blurred stare falling upon her darker hued sibling as he asked where'd she'd been, ”I don't know.” She answered, for truthfully she didn't. All the girl could remember was being alone, surrounded by nothing but ice and snow. But mostly the horrible feeling of being lost and alone. Something the girl wished to never have to endure again as she huddled next to her brother, feeling his warm body nuzzling into her side.

A familiar and slightly angry voice sounded and Sorrel's eyes instantly snapped open as she peered up toward her livid mother. The girl's ears lay flat against her head even more so now as her mother poked and sniffed at her form, checking for any injuries. A soft whimper left her maw as she was swiftly scooped up out of the snow and away from her brother's side, blue eyes looking out for her brother's form as Eden quickly made her way to the caverns of their new home. Sorrel squeaked as she was plopped onto a high ledge by Eden, the girl began to shiver slightly as she watched her mother rant, questioning on where she had been all this time. The pup remained quiet, whimpering softly as she crouched down into a ball, her tiny tail curling about her small form as she peeked out from her paws to look at her mother once more, ”I'm sowwie.” Sorrel sniffed, blue eyes observing how Eden then stood and ventured off to one side of the room, soon returning with a lump of food.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran was so glad to see his sister, it was almost unbelievable. He snuggled up against her for as long as he could, hoping his own warmth to spread into his sisters pelt. She felt so cold, it saddened the boy. He remained by her side until Eden came and picked her up. Kieran grumbled but followed his mother silently. They had found Sorrel, and they were taking her home. She could warm up and be the usual bouncy, happy Sorrel that Kieran knew so well.

Once they got back home, Kieran sat next to Sorrel once more. "It's okay, Sooorrelll," he murmered to her, snuggling close to her again. Then he smelt the delicious scent of food, and was tempted to gobble it all up himself, but he allowed his sister to eat it, since she needed it most.
English * French
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Despite Eden's fury with the child's carelessness about her own survival, she tried to remain the gentle mother she needed to be in order to coax Sorrel to eat. You're here now, that's what matters, Eden said with a sigh. She was admittedly relieved to have her daughter back under her watch, but it was paired with an overwhelming fear about what the girl's fate would be in the coming days. The cold could easily take her if it wished, as she was weak and young. But Eden held out hope that the Beings would keep her children safe. Where did you go? It was wrong to say that Eden wasn't wondering how exactly Sorrel had managed to survive in the cold for as long as she did with no one by her side. Where did the child wander off to?

Neither pups are ever required to respond in French, but I'd assume that they'd know some basics having had Eden as their mother.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
131 Posts
Ooc —
forgot to mention, hover for translation!

Sorrel allowed her limbs to loosen slightly as she felt more at ease, blue eyes soon looking to Kieran as he gradually came to sit beside her, the girl managing a small smile to her brother as he attempted to comfort her. Though the little girl's head soon lifted as she listened to the voice of her mother sound, blue eyes glistening as tear threatened to fall from them. She hadn't meant to get separated and lost. Sorrel sniffed and uncurled herself, gradually bringing herself to sit up, though her posture was slouched and her head low, though the aroma of food caused the hungry pup's nose to twitch and her belly to rumble.

Before the girl moved to take a bite from the meal in front of her, the sound of her mother's voice caught her attention again, Sorrel shifted herself and looked to her mother with a slow shake of her head, ”Je ne sais pas mama” She said softly, her petite tongue slowly licking at her cold nose. blue eyes gazed wearily up at her mother as she pawed at the meal, slowly bringing herself to take a small bite from the hunk of meat and gradually allowing it to fill her growling tummy.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran listened to them both, but stayed silent during their conversation. It was only when the boy saw the tear that lay, preparing to fall, that the boy stood up. And with a sigh, he looked to his mother. "Mama, she needs sleep." The boy, still, did not know a load of french, he only knew some simple sentences and basic things, but enough to understand what his sister and mother were saying.

He touched his nose to Sorrel's side in an attempt to give her more comfort, but he knew what she needed right now was a good rest.
English * French
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
D'accord, Eden said in response to her daughter. She wouldn't push any further for the time being, as Kieran was right; Sorrel needed rest. We sleep here for now. I want you to remain here on the ledge, okay? She looked to her son with slight concern written on her face. Et pour toi, Adrien, je te veux rester avec ta soeur. I will be back to check on you both. She gave a comforting lick to each child's head, lingering for only a moment above Sorrel before taking off to go back into the cold and cater to the caches. There were enough corpses to keep the pack fed, but they surely wouldn't be moving themselves.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
131 Posts
Ooc —
Her little ears twtiched as she listened to the voice of her brother sound up, blue eyes peered to look at him as he stood beside her, the girl observing their mother for the moment. Feeling Kieran nose her side, Sorrel bowed her head at his comfort, softly leaning her skull against his shoulder before returning to take another small bite from the meal in front of her.

Slowly the girl's head lifted and turn to look at Eden, shimmering blue eyes blinking as she explained that this was where they'd be sleeping, Sorrel instantly giving her mother a nod of her head as she intrusted them to stay on the ledge, ”I will mama.” She said softly, tail curling about her petite paws as she slowly glanced to her brother, offering him a loving smile for his support.

She felt the lick from her mother, watching as she did the same to her sibling, soon after informing the pair that she'd be back to check on them, Sorrel merely gave a silent nod, her head low as she felt her mothers presence loom over her momentarily before she eventually left to tend to other pressing matters.