Give me a fish, I'll eat for a day, teach me how to fish, I'll eat for a lifetime(J)
Never doubt yourself; One day you may surprise yourself.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine lifted her nose up, scenting the pack. She was near the border, but not too near to cause any friction.

She paced, unsure of whether to follow through with her plan or drop it here.

The she-wolf sighed. Might as well.

She sat on her hindquarters and howled, a deep, throaty howl for a she-wolf. Pack of the Horizon Ridge! I come on peaceful terms! Please allow me to speak to you!

She sighed and waited.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
It was rare lately that anyone, who came at their borders, would not meet Ragnar first, because the white beast was practicaly living on the borders. Therefore Pump felt a little bit of giddy pride, when upon hearing the howl, she happened to be near the borders and find the visitor almost immediately. She didn't want to leave the "big-bad-and-scary wolf" title all to the Warden himself, because she was the queen, the rulemaker here after all.

If a month ago the female/male ration in the pack had been in favor of the latter, then now they were a very "feminine" community in general, therefore seeing yet another female wolf at the borders was not very surprising. She appeared to be very calm and peaceful, therefore Pump approached her without the "full dominance gear", rather with her tail raised a bit and her lopsided ears perked curiously forward.

"Greeting stranger," living with others had taught her to greet people, before getting to the matter. "What is your business here?"
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine tilted her head in curiosity, then dipped it in silent respect. Slowly she began to speak.

"Greetings, Lass. I came here seeking a pack to call home, and I scented one near here... I am going to assume that is yer pack, aye?"

She kept her voice low and respectful, keeping her tone light and even.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump was not a person, who got all friendly with every person she met. Especially if it happened on her borders. Therefore she was put off a little by the familiar way the other wolf spoke to her. The wolf-dog furrowed her brow and regarded the she-wolf a bit distrustfully, but listened to what she had to say. To be true, it was nice to finally have someone, who didn't use an elaborate way to speak, but stated their business and needs directly. Which was a plus.

"This is my pack," Pump answered to her question. "A good one, a tough one. But tell me first - what good would you be to us?" prove, why we need you.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine laid back her ears and dipped her head again as she spoke.

"I'm an expert hunter. I'm able ter pick up the subtlest of scents an' can spy the smallest differences. I 'ave a good balance of speed and strength, enabling me ter run longer distances at slower paces. I 'ave a mind fer battling, and I could tell ye the difference between a wolf's track ter a coyote's."

She was elaborate. Had she had put it simply, she could say she's well rounded in knowledge and experience, but excels in hunting and tracking. Aine silently waited, her stormy eyes were clear and full of slight hope.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump listened to her carefully and was a bit surprised by the fact that most people, who had wanted to join her pack lately, were rather confident of their skills. No place for humbleness, when she had requested them to show themselves from the best side possible. However, she was not easily charmed by pretty speech, which may or may not be true, therefore she remained neutral and thoughtful. Ragnar would surely agree to test the girl's fighting skills. Hunting? Under different circumstances she would have asked for Kennedy's help, since he was a better hunter than her, but she doubted that he would offer any assistance to her now. Diluculo? Maybe...

"Tell me of your past," Pump questened her further, because by now she had learned that the past mattered just as much as present.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine pointed her nose in the direction the sub rose. "I came from the East, I used ter be wih my family pack. I lived with a father, a mother, two brothers and a sister. We lived happily, but I was restless. I loved my family dearly, but something in my heart told me that I belonged elsewhere. So, I traveled west, and ended up here."

She shuddered. "I gained experience through my travels. I came across wolves tha' were relentless and cruel. I even came upon a disease tha' heaven's forbid should come 'ere..."

She shook her head, trying to forget the foam at the wolf's mouth that attacked her... She thanked the heavens she wasn't bitten...
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump listened to the girl talk with her head tilted sligthly to the side. Her story was pretty much the same as every other wolf's, who had sought here a home in order to begin a new life. She herself had been like that - never settling anywhere permantently, since leaving her birth pack. Something had always driven her further, made her look for more than being the mundane and routine pack-dweller. Finally - it had happened and she didn't plan to go anywhere else. She believed that her search had come to an end.

"Very well, Aine," Pump said after a deliberate moment of silence. "I can't promise that you will find here what you are looking for, however, there are some decent wolves you will find easy to befriend," she said thinking of Thistle and Gavriil, not being so sure about the rest, herself included. "I expect that my fellow mates work very hard for the good of the pack - do so, be loyal and brave - prove your worth to me and the rest of us and you shall be rewarded," Pump continued, not thinking that it was neccessary to mention, what would happen, in case she failed.

"If these are rules you can accept - then I welcome you to the ranks of Horizon ridge. If not - seek your place elsewhere."
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine stood back up, her tail no longer high and waving like it was when she was a lone wolf. Now it was low, representing her rank as a pack wolf.

For the first time, Aine performed a submission ritual, crouching low and tucking her tail. Even though her ears were folded back and she was low to the ground, Aine's physique stated otherwise, though it was obvious the woman was trying to look like a low-ranking wolf.

"I am grateful and honored by your acceptance. I will obey your laws and rules, while at the same time doing what's best for the pack. I hope to be of great use to your pack, Pump, and I promise to protect the pack with my life."
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Compared to Aine Pump was smaller in size, therefore it did seem a bit funny that the large wolf crouched and tried to be as small as possible. She suppressed a smile and looked down at the she-wolf, briefly fixing her gaze with the other's, as if sealing the deal and then turning her head away, thus telling that the matter was finished.

"Stick to your words," she replied, when the lass had said all of the appropriate sentences that were meant to flatter the leader and build trust in the newcomer. "Now, get up and let's go. I will show you around a bit," she said, stretching and shaking her coat.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine stood up and trotted over next to the hybrid, her silvery coat catching the sun's light, sparkling a bit. She looked upon the territory she now came to call home.

"Show me the way."
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: due to the fact that I will be very busy for this and the next week, I will fade this thread out. But I am looking forward to having a thread with your character in the near future. :)

Pump stepped aside and let the newcomer fall in a comfortable step beside her. She told her about all of the pack-members, who was who and what they were doing in general. Named few good hunting and scavenging spots, but did not reveal them all - the lass was capable enough to find them herself. Eventually they arrived at the denning area, where the wolf-dog left her to have a look around and find a den of her own. Aine seemed a pleasant wolf at the first glance and the leader hoped that her initial judgement would prove to be correct.