Broken Antler Fen Time marches on
8 Posts
Ooc — Tess
All Welcome 
he was about to go inactive or I would have waited for Raksha's thread to be wrapped up. AW :) sorry if he seems to swear a lot, I wrote him like a teenage boy

What in the fuck was all that? Ahmed could say without a doubt that he had not enjoyed the brief cold fuckery he'd endured after joining Broken Antler Fen. A damned ice storm had frozen the ground and a blizzard had brought in five feet of snow. 

Granted, the temperatures were warming up a bit, even though they were still cold enough that he felt like his tail was gonna fall off, and the snow was lower now. He missed the steppes. Even when it had snowed there, he hadn't had to deal with this. No sir, Ahmed was not impressed. 

Finding that the snow was down and he was able to travel better, Ahmed left his and Raksha's den behind to search for the frozen carcasses sure to be there. 

He had reached the frozen marshes when he came across the behemoth. A huge moose the height of two Ahmeds and as long as three Rakshas. It was a monster of a frozen mammal. 

"Woah..." Ahmed sized it up, knowing without a doubt his lanky body could not drag it back alone. But all of that meat would not go to waste. Tipping his head back, Ahmed called for his pack mates that would hopefully come to his aid.
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She was still a bit shaken up from her return to her home, but she knew that it wouldn't help anyone if she didn't try to get back to her duties as soon as possible and try to meet some of the new members.  At the sound of someone's howl she began in their direction, wondering what was up.  Upon arriving and catching sight of the huge animal she froze a little nervously.  Had something this big died of cold?

Her eyes then flicked to the other that stood their, that appeared to be around her age, but just a little older.  "Did you find it like this?"  She asked him, with a bit of nervousness creeping into her voice.  She didn't like the looks of this one bit.  Not at all.
8 Posts
Ooc — Tess
So distracted was the yearling coywolf that he didn't notice the other wolf approaching him at first. When Ahmed did his jaw nearly dropped.

She was a couple of months younger than him by the looks of it and extraordinarily beautiful to Ahmed. Granted he had never seen a female his own age, ever, but still. She was brown with white markings down her muzzle and following along her chest. She also happened to be a bit smaller than him, most likely due to her age.

Realizing that he was staring at her, Ahmed shook his head and cleared his throat nervously. 

"Oh, um the moose?" Ahmed could have hit himself. What else could she have meant? "Well duh, yeah the moose." Ahmed realized he was rambling and gave another nervous little cough. "Yeah, I found it like this."

"Um, I'm Ahmed," he introduced himself with a shy but boyish smile.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He seemed nervous which she was conpletely not used to as it was normally her that was the nervous one around others.  As he spoke he seemed to stumble over his words and finish by stating his name Ahmed.  She gave a small curt nod at that.  "Pleasure to meet you Ahmed.  I'm Odette."  She replied with a shrug, suddenly finding herself a little nervous too.

She didn't like to think that the beast had died of cold on it's own but assumed that whatever they could get for food was good.  "We'll never be able to get this carcass anywhere on our own..." she began, "we'll need some help."  For a few moments she was silent, thinking before she spoke again.  "I should probably call for my Dad, Seb, to help us out unless you know anyone else who'll be a good choice to help move this thing."  She observed, for even though he had called for others, it wouldn't hurt for it to be done again, as no one else except her had come at Ahmed's first call.

8 Posts
Ooc — Tess
He can't seem to keep the shy smile off his face or stop his tail from wagging, no matter how hard he tries. Stop it! You look like a psycho!

"It's nice to meet you, Odette," Ahmed tells her honestly. It's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. He's smitten already.

"That's a good idea. My mom will probably help too," his nerves seem to have left him, focused as he is on the task ahead. 

He howls once more, this time specifically for @Sebastian and @Raksha.
11 Posts
Ooc —
Raksha perked her ears as she heard Ahmed's first call, but was busy burying her own dead fox in one of the caches. At the second, more urgent call specifically aimed at her, she sighed and hastily buried it before loping off to find her son.

She slowed in shock as she reached him and a young girl, eyes wide as they took in the huge moose. 

"Wow..." she breathed out in surprise. Her attention turned to the two youngsters. 

"Ahmed," she greeted, rubbing her face against his affectionately. No doubt it would embarrass him, Raksha thought with a sly grin. 

"I'm Raksha, this one's mother," she greeted warmly, smiling at the girl in a friendly manner.
“Never forget this — you’re mine — mine to me. No matter where you go, or what they may call you, you will always be my son." - Raksha (Jungle Book live action 2016)
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian heard the howl and was quick to respond to it. The male trotted towards the location to find not one wolf but two others. Odette was there and Raksha and Ahmed. Sebastian greeted them all with a quick woof, before giving Odette a lick over her cheek in greeting. His eyes fell onto the moose. He briefly wondered if the two youngsters killed it but that had to be impossible. Plus there was no blood on their fur.

"I see you are in need of assistance," he spoke, he at least assumed that was the case they called himself, he would let them correct his assumption if it was wrong. He eyed from Odette at Ahmed. They were about the same age. Sebastian would have to keep an eye on them, just in case.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Ahmed still had that look, but she decide to think about what it meant later.  She waited with anticipation for her Father and his Mother to come to help them move the dead frozen carcass.

Ahmed's Mother came first, introducing herself as Raksha.  "Pleasure to meet you Raksha," she replied solemnly.  A little while later her Father came, greeting her with a lick to her cheek.  "Hi Dad," she greeted him, "Ahmed here found this carcass out here frozen dead in this cold," she informed him, a little bit of worry and fear edging her tone.

8 Posts
Ooc — Tess
His mother is soon to arrive and he greets her with a smile. Surprise colors his features at Raksha's motherly greeting. Ahmed shoots her an embarrassed look. He is not a child, he's an adult even if he still needs a bit of filling out. 

Sebastian is the next to appear and Ahmed, still unsure about the whole submission thing, gives him an awkward nod/shrug attempt. His eyes flick to Raksha, wanting to see how she does it without looking like she's got a stomach cramp.

"Oh, uh yeah. I found it. Wicked, huh?" Ahmed is clearly not as concerned as maybe he should be. Because, hello, it's a huge moose? It's awesome!
11 Posts
Ooc —
Her tactics work and she bites back a chuckle at her son's frustration. Her attention turns to the young woman, Odette, next. 

She is younger than Ahmed certainly, less than a year. She is a pretty one, golden with paler markings. 

Raksha can see the interest in Ahmed's glances at her but it's much too early for her to worry. Maybe in time if the two get closer. 

Sebastian's appearance makes her dip her head in submission, refraining from rolling her eyes at Ahmed's attempts. 

"Not wicked, you bonehead," Raksha sighs in exasperation, but not without a slight smile. "It could mean harsh weather...but also quite a bit of meat." 
“Never forget this — you’re mine — mine to me. No matter where you go, or what they may call you, you will always be my son." - Raksha (Jungle Book live action 2016)
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's eyes fell on the carcass again. "Good job finding it, Ahmed," he complimented. Raksha corrected her son's tone which made Sebastian smile a bit. Both seemed submissive enough Sebastian was satisfied enough that the boy was at least trying. "Lets try and drag it back to the Cove. Many would love a meal from this."

If it would turn out too heavy for the four of them, it wouldn't be a disaster. They would just have to come to this place to feed instead of their central place. Perhaps it would be a good trip for the pups too. That were things for later. Now he was curious to see if they could even move it. Sebastian walked to his head and grabbed the base of its antlers. He let everyone pick somewhere to hold.