The Butterfly
Never doubt yourself; One day you may surprise yourself.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine had just recently joined the pack. Scaling the mountainside, she searched for a place adequate to be her den, or even a place good enough to make her den. That was the priority, but she silently hoped to find a pack member other than the alpha, the one that had excepted her into the pack, though Pump would be a familiar face to see.

Humming a song to herself, she padded through the forest floor, inspecting every little leaf, grumbling and shaking her head when she would stop to examine something.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle walked out of the den and padded alongside the mountain side. She would not be able to scramble up it anymore given her current condition and the well roundedness of her sides from pups. So she just looked up and watched. Another face caught her attention and she called up "Hello! She was worried for the other wolf that stood above her, but regardless Thistle waited calmly watching and waiting to see if the girl would step down to her level, because there was no way she could scramble up to her.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine turned towards the call. She looked down and saw the she-wolf, plump and swollen. In a few graceful bounds, the silvery wolf landed evenly a few feet away from the pregnant wolf.

She looked at the newcomer for a moment before nodding respectfully. She spoke in a rather rough but friendly voice.

"Greetings and congratulations, Lass." Aine said, referring to the swollen stomach.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle looked down at her own self. She probably made a bit of comical figure with her large sides. She was small anyway, and now that she was gaining weight at a rapid pace she was 3 times her original size. She smiled and dipped her head though keeping her tail above her back it was time she started acting like she deserved the rank she had. Hello I'm Thistle Cloud, but you can just call me Thistle everyone else does and Thankyou. These little buggars should be here in a few weeks. What's your name? And May I welcome you to our little pack here on the ridge? She looked aorund and spoke quietly IF you are looking for a den most of us stay near each other that way. She motioned with her head back towards the way she had come.

She shifted her weight and sat down. "You'll hvae to forgive me. It gets tiring lately to be standing and walking for too long and I have to sit.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine nods again. "Greetings, Thistle, and ye may call me Aine. Thank ye fer both the welcome and where I can find a den." The silver character tilted her head. "There is no need to be apologizin' ter me. Pups within a few weeks' time must be heavy,"

Aine stretched leisurely and yawned, her pink tongue curling upwards as she did so. She rise back up and shook herself, her pelt seeming to almost shimmer in the dappled sunlight.

She looked back at Thistle. "Now, what may I do ye fer, Mi' dear?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle chuckled softly under her breath Yes they are heavy, but it's okay just means their healthy and strong. and probably large was her last thought. She did not want to think about the pain she would be in in a few weeks time, but she would persevere. She needed to give these pups a chance at survival and by doing the best she could is how she would.

"It is a pleasure ot meet you Aine. And I don't really need anything. I just wanted to welcome you to the pack and get to know you. She offered her a small smile waiting to see if she was open to that or if she would be like Diluculo and sling insults her way.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine smiled back. "Knoo' me? Well, there ain't much ter tell, really. I came from the East, seekin' somewhere where I belong. Haven' really found a 'las' name' either, so no fancy titles fer me, yet."

She chucked. "I guess I could say that I have a have a well-rounded mind and physique. I'm not too strong or too fas', but just the right amount of each, which can keep me goin' fer a long time. I have a knack fer detail, which makes me an excellent tracker an' I have a knack fer learnin' new things.

"As fer personality? Well, I consider myself somewhat friendly, and I like ter be around friendly wolves."

She looked at Thistle. "An' ye, Mi'dear?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled I would say you are well rounded. She wondered at the other's accent and for the most part she had to listen very closely to understand exactly what she was saying, but it was a accent that she liked. It gave the other a certain appeal.

"I'm a healer mostly. I can hunt and the like, but not as well as others. I also try to be friendly and meet others. I enjoy making friends. Let's see I'm wife to Ragnar you'll meet him eventually I am sure, word of advice be respectful he takes the hierarchy very seriously. And these little babes are due soon. Other than that not much to tell really. I also came seeking a place to call my own and I think I have found it here. Do you find it to your liking so far? Thistle had enjoyed it here as soon as she had gotten here, feeling accepted immediately. She hoped the newest additions they were gathering felt the same way.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine nodded again. "So far, it seems like a nice place ter live. I've only met Pump an' ye, 'owever, so my views on other wolves 'ave no' been tested... Yet." She looked away towards the trees. She muttered under her breath. "An' what's more, there ain't a sign of the foaming mouth disease..." She shook her head and turned back towards Thistle, her eyes were dark and stormy for an instant before returning to their usual, bright selves. Ragnar, hmm?... That's very... That's an interestin' name. Then again, my name is pretty interestin', too." She chuckled. "Well, ye may tell 'im tha' I congratulate 'im as well. An' I'll make sure ter keep myself in check around 'im."

Aine smiled brightly. "Anyway, I certainly 'ope I fit in 'ere. I'll make sure I fill the caches ter the brink!"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud smiled Well I hope Pump and I are well met. She heard the words the other spoke about the foaming sickness and she got a little worried. "You didn't get bitten by any of them with that sickness did you? Thistle did not know much about this disease but she did know that usually little animals carried it and yo ucould get it from getting bitten or from eating meat that was tainted with it. It was a sickness in your head, you went crazy.

Thistle smiled "he is from the North. I think you will fit in perfectly fine here and if you want a hunting buddy, one of Gavriil's primary duties is to do that, well it's self appointed, but he would probably not mind having a partner when he hunts during the day.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine snorted. Not in a rude way, but it was a snort of laughter. "Bitten? Please, that wolf wasn't able to tell left from righ'. Don' worry, though, I only had a good laugh after I nearly died of terror. I didn't bite him back, either. I happened to have a good-sized rabbit at tha' time and I whacked him so hard across the head I accidentally broke his neck. What I was really goin' for is ter get him disoriented long enough for me yet run outta his sigh'. Bet' I couldn' do it again if I ha' to."

She shook her head to get rid of the memories. She tilted her head in thought. "A Northman? I've heard that word before, about them from my ancestors- y'see, I ain't fully breaded buffalo wolf, even though I look it. Can' remember what my anscestors species of wolf was- anyway, the humans that were called 'Northmen' went a-raidin' an' things... But, eh, the past is the past. As fer huntin', I would like a partner... I enjoy huntin', y'see, as a hobby and sport more than anythin'. I'll be outside all day, just huntin'. So, I indeed do 'ope tha' I'll be of use."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle chuckled That was the adrenaline i suppose and the fear. We tend to survive very well when backed in a corner don't we. It was true most when pushed into adversary were able to fight back without thought and usually when it was looked back upon the feats themselves were nothing short of marvelous and amazing.

Thistle smiled "Oh he did too though I am pretty sure he had behaved while he's been here so far. She laughed to herself at the thought of her viking. He had indeed done all that, most did not believe in his more savage nature, but she knew it was there. Like most good wives she also knew that it was beginning to brew beneath the surface again and there would be a reckoning eventually and she was unsure whether she should be nervous or calm about it. She did not know what would happen or what would bring it on, but she knew it was coming like a distant storm on the horizon. "Gavriil is also from the north, he had a lighter pelt and he is a large large male. You won't miss him. There's only 3 males in our ranks anyway. Ragnar of course, Gavriil and Kennedy but Kennedy he won't be hunting for awhile yet.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine flicked her ear, chuckling. "Aye, tha' we do."

Aine flicked her ear again. "Oh, aye? Two Northmen? This outta' turn out interestin' fer me, then, eh?" She laughed, a deep, hearty laugh. "Me mum used ter tell me stories about the battles between the Northmen and my family ancestry... But, then again, nothing may 'appen. Like I said, the past is the past. Now, about the Kennedy figure... Somethin' happen ter where he couldn't hunt? He'll get better, right? I always like ter see how other wolves hunt."

She liked this wolf, Thistle Cloud. She was a friendly one, one that cared for others and one that you could just talk the day away to.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle frowned it was no surprise though given her last terrible run in with Kennedy. She had considered him a friend once, but now a darkness ate at his very soul and he was bitter and mean. She would not be able to be around him again until he stopped his nonsense, but she did not know if that would happen.

Yes right before spring we had a landslide you've probably seen the carnage. Kennedy was trapped. I fixed him as best I could, but he broke his leg, but more than that broke. Something broke in his very soul and he has all but given up. I tried telling him he could hunt with three legs but he won't listen to me, prefers to shoot insults and treat others badly than take the help. She was saddened by this she really was he had been full of vibrancy and life once upon a time.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aine snorted. "Rubbish! Even a blind pup can hunt just fine! Lemme meet this Kennedy and we'll see just how far he's gotten himself into. Hmm.." The silvery wolf thought for a moment. "There may be hope yet. Ye set it right, aye? Make 'im do a few stretching exercises daily, force 'im if ye 'ave to. If tha' ain't enough, make 'im swim with his leg, it'll make it stronger. Within a few weeks, it should be strong enough again... After all, yer the doctor. Ye can give 'im a good whack 'cross the 'ead. Maybe that'll set 'im straight."

Her eyes twinkled in a joking fashion. "Seriously, though, swimming 'elps. A lot'."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled thought sadly "I'm afraid I don't help him anymore. We've had one too many disagreements and frankly I can't do much right now in my current condition. I can't muscle him into doing his stretches I'm sure Ragnar or Gavriil could, but they are both busy patrolling and hunting for our small band. She tilted her head she had never heard of swimming. I did not know swimming was so good for you. She smiled again glad to find out something new. She was always learning she was not one to admit that she couldnt learn something new when she very well could as was proven today.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
"I'm free." she chuckled. "And aye, swimming is good fee the bone and muscle. It makes it work without having to put the stress of weight. It's perfect fer Kennedy's current situation.

"It will slowly make 'im stronger, an' swimming is good for the soul, too, makes ye feel 'appier."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm sorry it took me a few days to reply back been working on studying for midterms for the most part and jumping on here ina free moment.

Thistle smiled Well Okay I can take you to Kennedy, but I hvae to warn you he probably won't be too happy to see me or you and he may be inceasingly rude. I just hope that you don't view his mood as everyone elses, because most of us are not. Thistle motioned for Aine to follow her as she walked Waddled towards Kennedy's current location. She figured she would hang nearby but not talk to Kennedy as she did not wish to hear the poison that spouted from his lips.

So tell me Aine what was your former home like? She was merely curious.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
no problem! I've been away too, so...

Aine closed her eyes, remembering. "I lived on a great, great plain, with tall grasses for miles and miles tha' was dotted with buffalo herds an' other animals... An' te the west, a grea' mountain range that scratched at' the sky an' played with the sunset, making a beautiful golden-red rainbow on the mountaintops, making them seem as if they were on fire... Me and my family would always stay up late te count the stars that splashed the sky as if was a whirling torrent of light..."

Aine opened her eyes again and looked at Thistle. "An' ye needn't worry about Kennedy an' me... Though if he rubs my fur the wrong way, I migh' need te get a little rough, though I won't do it if ye don't like me te or don't want me te."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened Your home sounds beautiful Aine. I grew up near the coast with my mother my father and my two brothers. My brothers left when we were not quite a year old, I left a little longer after that. There was also a large forest that we lived in and that was where my mother got most of her herbs and tha tis also where she taught me to heal.

Thistle chuckled at her and spoke quietly That is fine just be mindful of his back leg is all.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
" 'Course! Bu' Kennedy's gonna get a dunk in the water whether he likes it' or no'. I personally find swimming a necessity, second only to walkin' an' runnin'. So he'll get a good skill outta' it as well. His bad attitude won' work on a wolf like me..."

She looked at Thistle. "Yer a healer, aye? Tha's good. The most I could ever do to heal is some yarrow an' cobwebs. I don't think I have the greatest mind fer plants. So I won't be much more help there." The good-natured wolf chuckled.

" A broken spirit's like a broken bone, in my opinion. It can sting an' hurt if you prod at it too much, but if yer patient, and ye care fer it, it can grow back strong an' whole."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened and a small amount of hope unfurled in her breast. Maybe this wolf could fix the broken kennedy for them, because lord knows she couldn't she had tried. I would greatly appreciate that and I find I am very hopeful. I hope you can get somewhere where I could not. She looked at the sky and then back down Well I think i'm going to go take a nap its a nice day for one Thankyou for speaknkg with me Aine and itwas a pleasure to meet you. With that Thistle slowly turned around walking back towards the den finding that she was far too tired to continue a conversation and she felt bad for it.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
"Ye 'ave a good rest, then, Thistle!" the Silver wolf called. She turned and looked around. She was surprised to find a tree that was tilted a bit on the side of the slopes. She jumped up and began to dig out at the roots.
Maybe...