Bramblepoint journey through mirkwood
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
@Pyro! You got Lagan's 100th post! <333

After that spooky incident with Snake, Lagan had been eager to return to his home in the Caldera. He'd wanted to see his mommy and his papa, his brother and sister and all his little nieces and nephews, and Raven. But when he'd finally made it out of those awful woods, and was out in the sunny skies, he felt safe again. And for some reason he decided to continue his little circle around the Caldera, at least making one more stop before going home. So today the small silver furred boy found himself in another forest, only this one was much friendlier.

The sunlight shone through the trees, warming his pelt and putting him a great mood. It was about noon, and he was running through the trees pretending like he was some sort of ninja wolf. Zooming around and hiding behind trees, beat boxing his own action music.
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
omgg <33
that's how you know this is going to be special :'D

Nose down to the ground, Pyro was searching for cool souvenirs that he thought he could show Malice whenever he got back home. He already had a weird double acorn, a frozen berry and a stick that looked like a snake when a faint, inconsistent beating among the trees got the kid's bat ears swiveling around curiously. It was growing closer and louder, and when it was too hard to ignore Pyro lifted his head as he tried to find whatever creature was disturbing the forest's silence. He caught sight of another wolf in the distance, jumping around and sprinting from tree to tree as though he was hiding from something, but he wondered why he was making funny noises if he didn't want to be found.

For a moment Pyro considered turning tail and fleeing the other way... There was something strange about that guy. But whatever sane thoughts crossed his mind in that moment disappeared when the beating suddenly stopped. Pyro stood still, all senses on high alert as he tried to catch sight again of the wolf who'd just disappeared among the bushes. He sought him out with his nose, but his sense of smell was poor so he tried with his ears. The beating had returned, but this time it was coming from a completely different place and Pyro's pace quickened towards it. He was getting closer. It stopped again and appeared right behind him, but before he could turn to run after it again he tripped into a fallen log and fell right on his face with a sharp bark and a whine, probably failing at life for the fifth time that day.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
;D

Lagan had caught sight of another wolf, a dark brown boy around his age. That excited Lagan quite a bit, seeing as he'd never met another male his age. Eljay was the closest thing he'd ever had to a guy his age, and Eljay wasn't always up to play. Perhaps this guy could be a new playmate for him, a bro for the bro. So continuing his little ninja game, the Blackthorn boy snuck through the trees watching the other kid and giggling every time the other missed him. It was pretty funny, until the other guy fell flat on his face.

Well it was funny then too.

Laughing out loud now, Lagan rushed out from behind the trees and stopped in front of the other guy, nudging him with his nose. You ok bro? Sorry I didn't mean to spook ya- but you really should'a seen your face! He said pretty empathetically up until that last part, when he burst out laughing again.
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Sorry for the slow replies! <3
I'll be doing shorter posts in order to be able to reply more often

Poor kid didn't even have time to pity himself before the other guy came to him. At first things were good, he was nice and kind, but then he was all too much like Vassago for Pyro to laugh... And even then he did. But his laughter was not out of joy, or because he shared the joke... No, it was an awkward laugh as though he didn't want to look even more stupid, once again, failing big time.

"I'm fine.." he said, trying to shrug off the situation as he got up to shake the snow and forest dirt off his pelt. "But um... Wh.. What were you doing back there?" he asked, truly curious, still 3487.98% awkward. "I thought you were being chased by someone!" he added, and the confusion and fear and general wtf clear in his face.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
No it's fine! Take your time <3

Lagan could tell the other kid's laugh wasn't genuine, because he'd heard fake laughs before. Though he didn't understand why it was a fake laugh? Perhaps the other boy didn't find his failure as funny as Lagan did, maybe he was embarrassed. Lagan had never felt embarrassed before, so he couldn't really relate, but he did understand that it wasn't a fun feeling. His laughter trailed off, and he averted his eyes for a moment, a sort of apology.

The other boy asked what he'd been doing and Lagan shrugged. Just chillin. Being a ninja. What were you doing? He said simply, returning the question back to his new friend. A second later he gasped as he remembered something, and added quickly, Oh and my name's Lagan. Nice to meet ya! He said with a smile, hoping the other boy would give his name too.
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Pyro offered a real smile this time, right after shaking the snow off his sorry ass. He found the thought of pretending to be a ninja somehow silly, but so cool at the same time that he regretted never having tried it before. He'd been always too worried about being safe, never having the chance to cross the two rivers and see that the world was rather chill instead of the dismal picture his parents seemed to want him and Vassago to believe. So far there had been little to nothing to be scared of out there.

"I was exploring," shared the young wanderer, still proud of having made that choice. "I'm Pyro," he added politely, remembering his manners and how substantial his parents had always been about them. There was little else that Pyro wanted to share at this point, still feeling somehow attacked by the situation, but there was a big question that Pyro surely did want to ask.

"Do you live here, Lagan?" he asked, worried again that he might have missed some border markings. "Does... Anyone live here?" he added looking around, the chilling silence making it impossible to believe.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I'd love to continue this thread if you want to <3

Pyro explained that he'd been exploring, then introduced himself. Lagan liked the name, Pyro. Sounded all magical and mystic. The brief thought that his new friend might be a wizard passed through his mind but he dismissed it quickly. A real wizard would've been able to use their psychic powers to know Lagan was coming, this wouldn't have been scared out of their wits when he said boo. Pyro asked if Lagan lived here, and Lagan shook his head.

I don't live here and o don't think anybody else does either. I live somewhere in that direction. He said, emphasizing the 'that' and turning his head towards the direction of the Caldera. At least he thought it to be the direction of the Caldera. What about you? Do you live near here? He asked, a pleasant smile on his face.
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Absolutely! <3

[table width=80%][tr][td]

Already warming up to his new friend, Pyro relaxes his shoulders while he takes a seat. The chocolate puffball looks at Lagan as he answers to his question, and sighs in relief at the confirmation of not having trespassed. When Lagan's head points to the Caldera, Pyro's snout follows, and although he can't really see anything past the trees and the foliage, he makes a mental note to check out the area sometime in the future.

The little Rochester smiles at his frien'd question politely. He did live somewhere near.. Or at least he thought he did as he measured the time he'd been travelling... It couldn't be too far anyway.
Yeah! he answers happily, but he realized that he also lives In that direction... he ends the sentence thoughtfully, pointing in the exact same direction towards which his new friend had pointed just seconds ago..

Wait! he jumps, Do you also live in the Fen? I have NEVER seen you there! he shouts, utterly confused by the situation.

[/td][/tr][/table]
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan was glad to see his new friend smiling, that meant that their friendship was now two way! Lagan often found himself making friends, but sometimes they didn't think of him the same way. He was glad that this wasn't one of those friendships, the real ones were much more fun. Pyro said that he lived nearby, then pointed in the same direction that Lagan did. Wait a minute... they couldn't both live in the same direction! Lagan would've met him before if they did! He must be thinking of a different direction, because south belonged to the Caldera wolves.

Lagan turned his head and jumped, yelping a little in surprise. No need for yelling! You spooked me man. He said with a small, moderately nervous laugh. Ever since that incident with the creepy Snake guy, Lagan had discovered nerves, and how loud screams in the dark forest could put them on edge. He gave Pyro a thoughtful look and shook his head. No, I live in Redhawk Caldera. And I obviously cannot fit on top of a fin I'm way too big. He said, still sort of confused.