Stone Circle Wayward Surfer
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Joining 
Alone.

They'd all left her, she had no idea where they'd gone.  One moment everything had been nice, but then she'd taken a stroll and gotten lost.  She searched and search for her way back, but had found no one.  Mommy was gone, she had no Father, and she couldn't find Cosmos or Carnation.  Fear was quick to set in as she began to realize what this all might mean.  She was alone again... she had to move.

She never found her way back, instead she just walk, feeling ever so alone.  Travel wasn't new to her, for she'd grown up leaving place after place.  It was just the fact that no one was with her.  She didn't have any company to tell her it'd be alright, she didn't have anyone to catch her food as she now just relied on bits and scraps that she found on the ground, along with a few small streams she found to drink She shivered her way through the cold, for what felt like days.  All the while she grew very visibly skinnier the farther she went, growing weaker too.

She doesn't really know how long it's been when she finally comes across the scent of a pack.  Fear sets in quickly, but so does a glimmer of hope and relief.  Maybe, just maybe they can help her, save her, take her in... if not, she doesn't know what she'll do.  Either way she just wants to survive.

She sat at the very edge of the border unsure what to do now, her legs trembling unsteady beneath her, but she resisted the urge to just lay down and give in, she could do this, she could wait.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
there was no howl in the bone-chilling cold night. there was nothing eye-catching or attention-grabbing. Krypton was on her night patrol of the borders, marking and remarking EH proudly and quickly. After she finished, she would be able to go back to her den and slumber peacefully while the snow still fell from the sky. That was the plan, but plans always seem to change for her. Instead of being able to finish, the scent of another wafted into her nose, making her stop marking and look around. Who was here?

Then she saw her, the small child that was malnourished and shivering. Although she wanted to question her quickly, the wolf was nothing but a puppy and needed some kind form of relief in such bad weather and conditions. The gamma strode over to her in a neutral position, and ever so softly, lowered her muzzle to lightly brush against the girl's shoulder. "Why are you alone, little one?" she asked her, contemplating whether or not the girl could even talk or wanted Krypton there.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was out on a late round, as well, and caught Krypton's scent. It was strong enough that he knew she wasn't too far ahead of him. He trotted along the trail, following it until he seen her in the distance. It was dark, but he could see her silhouette against the horizon. His tail wagged and he picked up his pace as she lowered her head to the ground.

It was then that he saw a dark blob on the ground and Steady picked up his pace, wondering what it was. His ears perked as he came closer and realized it was small pup. Worry overcame him as he came to a stop next to his Gamma. His eyes looked over the surrounding areas, looking for a wolf that might claim the pup that sat on their borders. But, he saw no one. He looked down at the pup. It was malnourished, and shivering from the cold. It definitely wouldn't last long out here alone. He waited to see if it might answer Krypton's question.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Please skip Adeline to keep this rolling! I'll only post if she's needed or if I can work this toward a caretaker thread. <3

She’d been thankful to return back to Easthollow in one piece after her little expedition the other day but she found a new energy she hadn’t felt in a long time. Now that the weather is better, she could allow herself some time to herself and stretch her legs as much as she needed to. She helped with Sunny and Dawn when asked, or felt obligated, but they aren’t her children. She’s barely out of childhood herself, much less with the need to take care of something that doesn’t even belong to her.

Brushing the thought from her mind seemed rather moot as she approaches Steady and Krypton, taking a few seconds before she notices the small child, shivering and alone. She looks behind the little puppy for a parent that may be coming along but she seems far too scared to have someone nearby. Her jaw tightens and she glances to her father, chuffing lowly so he knows she’s there, but otherwise stays in the background.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
For a while longer she is lone, but then a brown furred female comes, asking her why she was alone.  She wanted to answer, but she was so tired... her tongue feeling like a dead lump in her jaws, as it began to loll in a heavy, nervous pant.  Next came a darkly colored male, who just observed her, and finally another brown furred female who remained only to observe for now just as the black furred male.

Her icy blue eyes flitted anxiously between the trio, unsure of what to do, waiting for her voice to return.  She wanted Mommy, Cosmos and Carnation, but already she had come to accept that they very well could be gone forever... she would just have to adapt again like she always did.  If she got the chance.

"They g-gone.  Lost."  She whispered breathlessly, shaking with fear and cold.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The puppy could hardly speak, she looked like she was freezing and exhausted, not to mention malnourished. How long was she out on her own for? More importantly, who left her in a time like this where snowstorms were frequent and dangerously chilly? Krypton did not know but knew something had to be done for the young girl. She settled down by her, offering her own warmth to make her feel a bit more comfortable, but knew standing out in the snow wasn't the best place to talk.

"Let us talk later, you need rest and food."  Krypton, even since she watched Sunny and Dawn more, had begun to develop stronger feelings of maternity and overall care for the entire pack. It's not like it wasn't there originally, but never did it come from such a vessel of maternal feelings over natural protection of her family. It was the little ones who pulled at her heart strings. She looked towards her two leaders with sad eyes. "I know your den is full with your own, perhaps she could bed with me for the night?" She suggested to them, knowing the two had their paws full with keeping an eye on their own kids, Keoni and Nikai. Another puppy would just become strenuous.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's ears perked when the pup voiced a few words. Lost. Gone. He frowned, wondering what had happened to have this young wolf separated from his family. And who exactly was his family? A chuff from behind had his head whipping back, but upon seeing Adeline, he relaxed, greeting her with a tail wag. 

Krypton's voice brought his gaze to her, and he nodded. I think that's a good idea. One new friend is easier to handle than a hand full of strangers, he agreed. He hoped the pup would relax enough with Krypton to eat and get a good night's rest. I'll get word out to keep a look out for her family. See if you can get some information from her tomorrow about who they are. Right now, he wasn't worried about enemies. If one of his pups were lost, he would be desperately searching for them, and he assumed her family was.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Everyone seems to be able to handle the situation with a calm Adeline hasn’t expected. Steady had never been one to turn away a child in need and this is no different. Her heart swells and she smiles, glancing from the two pack mates to the little one that remains lost and hungry and scared. She opens her mouth to say something, to offer to bring her food or try and offer warmth but Kryptom beats her to it and pleads to keep her in the den for the night. The girl doesn’t object but she finds herself worrying anyway.

What if something was to happen to Sunny and Dawn? The thought alone causes her stomach to turn.

Adeline doesn’t linger much longer as Steady approves the idea and gives her pack mate guardianship of the girl. “If you need any help…” she trails off without finishing the thought. She back pedals a step or two and turns, leaving them so the puppy doesn’t feel so overcrowded.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The older one of the to brown furred wolves offers to let her stay with her in her den.  She yawns, the thought of sleep tempting and lulling, along with the nice brown wolf sharing her warmth, Aurora bets she could fall asleep right now if she wanted.  Still she doesn't.  It's cold outside and she just wants the comforting peace of a den now.

The black furred one then tells the others he'll keep a lookout for her family.  She is a little bit tempted to say it's no use, but she is too tired and far to malnourished to go so far as to tell him that.  He can look, and if he does find them then it'll bring comfort to her.  With that she then waits for the brown wolf to take her to her den.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She responded nicer than what Krypton expected, making the agouti nod her head towards the alpha's words. She'd keep a good eye on her and ask about her family when the girl was ready for that conversation. But until then, Krypton would watch this girl as if she was her own. The gamma, before standing up, looked to Adeline with a grateful smile.  "All help is welcome, thank you, Adeline. Perhaps, you could help catch her a fresh meal tomorrow? It might taste a bit better than frozen meat." The girl looked old enough to eat meat considering her eyes and ears were open, along with her brain functioning well enough for her to speak fairly clearly.

With everything settled, Krypton rose from her spot and looked down at the girl, lowering her muzzle to gently nudge her shoulder. "Follow me, we'll head to my den so you can rest."  Now she thought about it, Krypton was actually really tired. For reasons unknown, she felt exhausted, perhaps from the cold, perhaps from other reasons. No matter, sleeping with the small child would hopefully make her well-rested for tomorrow. She'd have a lot of work on her paws.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Since it seemed all was decided, at least for now, Steady stepped aside so that Krypton and the pup could pass. He was proud of Adeline when she offered to help. She had changed since her return, but in a good way. It was obvious to him that she was trying to find her place in this world. 

Steady's place would be on the borders tonight, worried that someone might come looking for the pup. If they did, he would make sure to intercept.

Last from me!