Broken Antler Fen Only if you want it
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 

Sebastian sat in the Cove, which was very close to the alpha den. He had talked about it with Pearl and they both agreed that it was time for a new Beta of the pack. Especially with the new arrivals Sebastian wanted someone extra around to keep an eye on them, mostly on how well they were doing. He expected more trouble but lucky they were all hard workers. If they continued then Liri or Aeronwyn might make a good second beta, but that was something for later.

Now it was a special conversation for Odette. Sebastian needed to know if she even wanted the Beta position. Personally he could see her grow into the role, as she was still young. Sebastian wouldn't leave her alone to deal with the pack just yet, but he saw it more as an apprenticeship for her learning the knacks of leadership. He hoped she would like it.
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Earlier that day she's been fishing, but to no avail.  Apparently the fish were going to be smarter today and hid from her.  She sighed after a while and began to head back to the cove for a short rest before heading out again.

Upon coming to the cove she noticed her Father and began to make her way towards him, after first stretching her limbs with a yawn.  "Hi Dad," she greeted him with a polite dip of her head.  "How are you?"

She sat then, her thoughts then turning to her younger siblings as she wondered what they were up to right now.  She smiled to herself at just the thought of their sweet mostly innocent faces.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl checked on the pups once more before taking her place next to her mate. As Odette approched them, she couldn't help but grin. She didn't know what her answer would be, but Pearl hoped she'd be up for the position. After all, she was old enough and trusted enough in this rapidly growing pack. 

Her tail waved gently behind her, and greeted her daughter with a nudge.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was glad to see Odette as he was about to call her. They had very important news for her after all. Sebastian quirked up his lips and grinned. "Hi there," he greeted her back and licked over her cheek. "I am doing well, how are you feeling?," he asked curiously. Pearl joined too and it made him even more pleased that she was there to see this.

Sebastian cleared his throat. "It is good that we see you. I was just about to call you. I have something very important to ask you." Sebastian smiled, so she could probably tell that it was nothing serious. "Odette. We love you as our daughter. And I would love it if you would take on the Beta role of our pack. If you would be interested, of course, in becoming more of a leader." He looked at Pearl, she might have something to add too.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Everything was going great, just fine... but then almost out of no where her Father offered her the Beta position and she thought she might hyperventilate.

How could she be Beta?  It was so high up in the ranks.  She'd never been anywhere in the upper tier and now here a position was being offered to her.  Could she really take this jump?  Was she really good enough?

For a few moments she was silent still trying to take this in, but finally she spoke up after coming to a conclusion.  "Wow.  Beta."  She whispered first, still quite shocked.  "Well if you want me to take it, I will, I surely will... but are you sure I'm really good enough?"  While she didn't entirely wanted to judge her Father's judgement she just wanted to put that out there in case he felt forced that she should have this position.  If not though, she would take it and do her best to make him proud of her.

534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Since she didn't have any comment to contribute, she merely nodded and smiled proudly at her daughter. It was a bit soon for the girl, she knew that, but Odette was currently the best for the position. 

Odette didn't seem to reflect that opinion, however. "Of course you're good enough -- you're more than qualified for the position. But if you don't want to, it's alright," she said understandingly.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched her surprised expression and then her flustered comments. She lacked the confidence of someone in the upper rank. Sebastian knew that it was something she could work on. He had not been confident of himself until a after a few months leading this pack. Now they were almost here for a year! Sebastian smiled at her. 'Of course we think you are good enough!," he responded to her after Pearl spoke.

"Yes, like your mother said. Don't take it because we would want it. You can step up to this role because you want it yourself. It is okay if you don't feel ready. We can maybe also start with slowly giving you more responsibility until you maybe feel more ready?," he offered. Sebastian wouldn't mind some father daughter time together where he could teach her about leadership and when to be assertive.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
For a moment after both her parents had spoken she was silent, amazed by the faith that they had in her.  While she wasn't sure she was the leader type, it wouldn't be too bad to try it out right?  Surely if she'd survived so many other things like the travel from SIlvertip back when she had been so young, taking on the role of Beta wouldn't be too hard of a job.

"I'll take it," she responded, then was silent for a moment longer, "thank you for offering me this position, I'll do my best to make both of you proud.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl was backed by Sebastian, and nodded along when he offered an alternate path to leadership. She could always get leadership advice from them, but it wouldn't hurt to get some experience at the same time with the position. 

Odette seemed more confident in accepting the position this time, and thanked them. The mother faintly raised an eyebrow, wondering what had caused the change. "As long as you're happy. We know you'll make us proud, you already have," she said, grinning. Her little girl was actually growing up.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian instantly grinned when his daughter agreed. "Perfect! I know you will do well," he spoke to her. He definitely believed in her. She grew up with their values and had the kindness yet assertiveness he expected. After all she was brave enough to tell her own father when she disliked something about him. Sebastian could respect that.

Pearl said exactly what he wanted to say too. She had already made them proud. Sebastian grinned at Odette and then gave her a celebratory lick. He trusted her, and he knew she was ready. Hopefully she would feel at home in the position.

End! <3