Stone Circle double double toil and trouble!
40 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Vi, though selfless in her love for So and Phi, is a little less so when it comes to other wolves. Oh, she'll hunt for the pack, give up her favorite sleeping spots, sacrifice her time to guard pups or vulnerable packmates - but in some ways, she prefers to take much more than give.

And she needs attention. It isn't always like this, but she's been alone, been without, for far too long. Back at home, there had always been someone willing to fawn over her. Dad was chief among them, of course, but she'd had other admirers. Things had never gone quite as far as she'd hoped - not with Dad prowling around - but it had always been enough to just be liked. To be watched, touched, heard, and known.

Maybe here can be like that, she thinks, but already, there is doubt in her mind. Vi has no drive for leadership, but she misses already the perks that'd come with being the alpha's daughter. It was not a rank, but it was something she could boast, something she could use. Here, she is just another wolf, and she worries that she'll go on to be a spinster with only her sisters for company.

"I'm being dramatic," she says to herself, hopping off the Very Tall rock upon which she'd been trying to attact attention for the last half-hour. The pursuit had seemed more fruitless and less dignified with each passing second. It was time to try something else. Something useful, she thinks, because maybe achievements will give her the prominence she needs.

So Vi trots toward the woods, because that's the only place she knows how to hunt, and starts looking around for signs and scents of prey.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
In the woods where the younger girl was heading was Krypton, the mountain of a wolf. The beast was sleeping, thankful that a bit of sunlight was hitting her pelt as she sprawled herself on a flat rock that stood up a few feet off the ground. Her front paws dangled over the edge as her muzzle rested on the large pedestal. Sun beams poked through the barren forest top and cascaded onto Krypton's dirt colored pelt.

normally, she'd be hunting for the kids and for the caches, but the poor woman was exhausted. She's been keeping her eyes on the kids lately and they've been draining the life out of her. She loves them dearly, but sometimes, she just needs to sleep and have a little "alone time." soft braths exited through her nose in foggy clouds, as if she was a dragon blowing out smoke. 

Had she known what the young girl was thinking of doing, Krypton would've laughed and pitied her. It would be a hard change for Vi to not have all the attention on her or not be the 'all-known' wolf in the pack. Sure, Krypton had it good with the alphas and beta, but a few of the Lower ranked members had yet to meet her. She would come around to it eventually, but for now, would just enjoy her nap. She had been there for at least an hour and a half, quite the long nap for her. Besides, there was no "that-one-wolf" in the pack. No special treatment unless respect counted as something. Hopefully that would be established quickly when the two talk, that is, if Krypton decides to throw Vi a bone and wake up.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
40 Posts
Ooc —
A sound - a breath - makes the woman's ears twitch, and then she catches sight of a truly massive wolf napping not too far away. Her own breath catches in her throat, but she soon dispells it in a soft squeak of surprise.

Not wanting to disturb the bigger creature, Vi gives her - and the really cool rock she's resting on - a wide berth as she continues on her hunt. Easthollow - land of weird, massive rocks and weird, massive wolves, she finds herself thinking, and because she's never been one not to laugh at her own jokes, she lets out a quiet chuckle. "You're such a dummy," she says to herself, tail wagging idly as she picks her way through the trees. Squirrel-scent is thick around here, and while she thinks that a squirrel is not all that impressive, a cache full of squirrels is another story!
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
small snores escaped her lips as she slept, though something caught her attention, making her eyes crack open to reveal yellowish green irises. the squeak of surprise made krypton lift her neck slowly to figure out where it came from. at first, her vision was blurry and shaky, everything was a blur. after several shakes, the agouti managed to find out that someone had caused that noise, someone, she hadn't met before.

with shaky legs and very loud thud, the beastly wolf landed onto the ground from her stone. she had to stand just for a couple of seconds before her vision focused and her legs steadied. krypton then begins to pick up a hearty trot pace, wondering where the other went. "hey, hold on!" she called out the other, wondering where they were hurrying off to. hopefully, this wolf wouldn't be a trespasser.
40 Posts
Ooc —
She stops in her tracks as the other begins to rouse, her ears twitching anxiously when she realizes she's being hailed. Vi turns quickly and trots back toward the stranger, lowering herself in the presence of the larger bitch. Because she's new, Vi assumes that everyone except Sophy is higher on the food chain than herself, but even if she'd been a veteran in this pack, she thinks she still would've submitted to this woman.

"Hi," she chirps, tail wagging as she greets the woman, unable to help thinking that she was an impressive sight - both in size and beauty. For a moment, that's all she can think, and Vi simply wags her tail and stares as she tries to figure out what she's supposed to be saying. "Gosh, you're pretty," she says at last, though she's certain she'd opened her mouth to say something about hunting, and not meaning to disturb the larger woman.

"I mean - gosh, I am pretty hungry," she corrects herself, shooting the stranger a sheepish - but hopefully winning - smile. "I was just going to hunt. In the woods. I didn't mean to wake you."
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: wheezes while typing

the girl before her was smaller than krypton, but yet again, this just proves that krypton is just absurdly large when compared to other females. a warm smile left her face when the younger woman greeted her kindly. a dip of the head seemed like a good greeting. after doing so, the woman was about to say something before the other girl beat her to it, chirping lightly with a nice compliment. krypton felt heat rise to her face but merely shook it off and could only smile in appreciation. hey, take it where you can get it, right? "thanks, i'm sure you'll pick up the males here quick with your looks too," she said in a warm voice back.

the save the girl made had krypton on the verge of bursting out laughter, yet she managed to keep her composure and stay hushed. her sheepish smile gave krypton enough info that she just seemed more nervous than anything. "not to worry-" she said, meaning for both waking her up and having her tongue slip, "i could help you if you want, napping isn't exactly using myself for the interests of the pack anyways." krypton would never turn down a chance to help others, it was her job to do so as the mother hen of per family. with that, she strode forward just a few steps before turning back. "there's a colony of rabbits nearby, we just have to lure them out, think you're up for it?"
40 Posts
Ooc —
Vi's smile brightens when she sees that the woman is kind. Her tail wags without her permission, and her legs begin to move without her bidding. All too soon, she is traipsing toward the other in a silly, tippy-toed prance. "You mean there are men here?" she asked, giggling at her own joke. Of course there were men, but she'd yet to really meet any of them. Partially, it was by design - Vinnira liked men to come to her.

"I'd love to have you along," she chirped, when the woman made the offer. And of course she was up for a bit of rabbit-baiting. The smaller woman shot her companion a lofty look to convey her level of aptitude in that area, but it quickly fell into another silly grin. "I'm Vi, by the way," she offered, hoping to get the name of her new friend.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
she enjoyed the girl already, she had a nice aura around her- warm and radiating kindess with a dash of silly youth. krypton was no psychic, but she had a feeling she would get along with Vi well in the future. "krypton, or just kryp" she replied as the pair continued to walk forward towards what she believed was the colony. for some reason, a memory came back to her head as the duo walked with each other. it was of her and zaria when they had to hunt rabbits and test out the yew poison on a loner. it made her sad for just a bit, remembering how strong and protective zaria was of her family- especially her children. in many ways, krypton admired zaria even after her departure.

a couple of minutes seemed to go by before kryp made a turn to the left before stopping. they had arrived at the doorstep of the colony. the scent of rabbit was fresh in her nostril as krypton's tail began to wag in excitement. "smells like they've been out and about already," she said to her with a grin before turning her attention back to the colony. there were several openings to the burrows, some were larger than others. krypton wasn't a hunter by any means, that was valette's job. however, that didn't mean she couldn't try. "we have two choices. we can wait for them to return or hop out of their burrow to chase them. we could also have one of us black a burrow and force the rabbit to run for another while the other one can be waiting to catch it."

"you have any other ideas?"
40 Posts
Ooc —
Vi wants very badly to come up with something clever that'll knock the whiskers off of her new friend, but nothing really comes to mind. She could try and think of something on the fly, but that left a lot of room for error, and Vi thinks it'll be better to nab a rabbit or two with Krypton's plan than to come up with something on her own but risk losing their prey.

"You can wait here, and I'll scar them right into your jaws," she agrees, bouncing on her toes to show her readiness to give chase. "I'm really fast," she brags, smiling up at Krypton with her whole face. "I can track them to see where they went, and when I pop up and snap at 'em, they'll all run straight for home."